Lifting like girls

Chest only today, tris still sore for some reason. 9 sets flat bench, 3 sets inc flys. Bench was 115x6 paused 135x5 paused, 155x4 paused and 185x3 ( all these sets with small block on bar). Next 200x3 190x5 165x10 (all with small block under shirt) then 135x12 no block and touching chest...yay!! I finished with inclined flys (45s) x12 10 8 and that was it! Only 12 sets but pec intensive. Thinking about cleaning up my diet but when I lose weight my face gets skeletor!! More fun to eat and I'm not heavy but carry more middle stuff than I want....dunno, I will probably be good till something good to eat comes along!!
Karen, hope all is well with you and Lisa, hope the sleep number bed is doing it's thang!!
Gray guy out, hope all is well in lifting like a girl land!

Hey everybody! Well, I am so done, We've had more snow in the last week and a half than we've had all season. Another six inches on the driveway this morning. So, more shovel max. I'm going to add something more, I'm due for a lower body workout. My shoulders and back, are on fire. But, Solitude, and Brighton (ski resorts) have received 10 ft of snow in the last week. Probably Park City too. A couple of guys, doing avalanche control were buried in an avalanche. Found alive, and no injuries. So, lots of snow here, if anyone is interested in skiing "the greatest snow on earth!"
Lisa, I'm so excited for you and your bed. Ours has been great for the last seventeen years. When we bought it, we were told that we would never have to buy another bed. We knew that wasn't true, but it has been a good bed.
Retirement has been very good for me. Had a Dr. appt on Friday, and was told I have lost seventeen lbs. in the last year, and all my blood work, and cholesterol levels are perfect. My physician certainly isn't Marcus Welby (for anyone that remembers that tv program) I get a blood draw the week before, and she reads from her IPad, my blood work, and thyroid results. Listens to my heart and lungs, and that's about it. I'm so old, I remember when our old family doc made house calls. It's been ten years since I had a colonoscopy, so that's on the agenda. I can hardly wait. The prep is the worst part. You're asleep for the rest of it. Well, I've probably told you more than you want to hear, so.......I've been doing a combo of "Fit Body By Julia, Linda Wooldridge, and wait for it, Horizontal Conditioning." Linda Wooldridge has been very generous with her freebies on You Tube, so I decided to buy a download. I don't have it in front of me, but.....I think it's called Endurance, and it's very good. I kinda, sorta mix and match all of it, doing my own mashup. If I want to only do ten minutes of HC, that's all I do, and call it good.
That's about it! Think I'm all caught up. Lisa,hope your feeling better soon, and Tom, keep up the great work!

Karen, HIGH FIVES!!! Wow. So glad to hear you're getting healthier and healthier. Who knew that was possible? You just sound like you're "feeling good!" Love it! I don't love that snow though. I always felt like the UT license plates were over selling the snow quality. But hey, I know you're not a beer lover, but I am reading that UT grocery stores might finally be able to sell beer above 3% ABV!!!! That might make the snow seem prettier. Good workouts, great variety. I think it's awesome to buy from people who give freely on YouTube and the Internet. I try to do that, like hey you've given me so many freebies it's time to buy a program!!! Never had a colonoscopy but did have a sigmoidoscopy (my turn for tmi). Not fun! Oh yeah, I have heard of Marcus Welby MD. I remember also seeing Lucy Ricardo getting home checkups from their doc on I Love Lucy. I don't even have a PCP. I just go to Urgent care when on death's door (like an ear infection) and see the NP available. My kids do have a pediatrician, who we love. So at least I am doing things the right way for my kids???? Lol

Feeling better and back at it today with legs, cuz why not??? It's really due to my insanity but whatever.

Tom, has that basement dried out? Feeling back in a rhythm after your time off? You do such a good job keeping this thread alive when Karen and I disappear!

Anybody have hot Valentine's Day plans? We're getting a couples massage, at our massage therapy place, the weekend after. We've never done that before but it's no big deal to me since I am a chatterbox during my appts. I never fall asleep because I can't shut up. It will be fun bantering with DH and the therapists.

Happy Tuesday!

Couples massages, 17 lbs down...you guys are killin it!! Karen, do you want to be down 17?? Is so...terrific!! Lisa, glad you are feeling better!
Today was back and bi after skipping yesterday, but kind of a bust. Started ( and ended I guess) with Chin ups x12 10 6 and #6 made the right elbow feel slightly stressed so I stopped....right?? Too late I guess because was going to do db rows and they were a no go. Thought I would see if really light curls would work and duh, not those either so I went upstairs, 3 and out! I'm sitting on the couch thinking "I should have done legs instead" , but too late, out of the mood! Well, thats it for me, maybe should have stayed in bed!! Glad you ladies are compensating for my fails, at least the universe stays in balance:cool::cool:. Off to "Yankem University" for me...have a great day friends!

Tom, did I read right??? Did you say you should have done legs instead???? Karen, you and I need to report to the forum admin that someone hacked into Tom's account!

Seriously though, hope that elbow gets better. Nagging pain, grrr

Karen, I don't think that 3+ alcohol level is going to pass without a fight!

Today I didn't want to hold any weights, not in the mood, so grabbed a Tracey Staehle DVD from my old rusty DVD collection, Strike Zone. It's just meh but I did sweat at least.

I have some Tracey Staehle. Wonder what she’s doing these days. Today was a Linda Wooldridge upper body workout. It was an earlier one. Not a fav.
Lisa, I reported Tom’s stolen account. Yea, the giveaway was the Legs thing.
I’m sure there will be a fight about the beer thing. After all there are no adults here. Our decisions need to be made for us.
It has been a cold winter, and right now the wind is howling.
I’m off to put on my one piece longjohns, and crawl in a warm bed. Take care! Keep warm!

Toasted Upper Body Trisets Live + torrential downpours for me today. Karen, can I borrow some longjohns??? I'm just going to say that you may not get that buzzier beer but at least now you can choose your own wonder unders, IYKWIM. Nuff said. I think Tracey Staehle stopped doing DVDS after having her second child. I think she does still work in fitness, just doesn't produce home workouts. If you remember LauraMax from the Cathe forums way back when, she and Tracey went to a Cathe Road Trip together like 10 or more years ago. Apparently Tracey was a huge Cathe fan. Seems like a nice human even though her workouts aren't the best.

Tom, we will keep you around, leg day or not!

Have a great Valentine's Day. If you're like me, it's Valentine's part two since I was dating all paperwork 2/14 YESTERDAY!!! I need a nap....

LOL! Lisa!!! IDKWUM! I don't know, I just can't get warm this winter. Haven't worked out yet, but today will be another Julia. I'm obsessed with her workouts, even though they kick my booty thoroughly. I sometimes just sit on the floor, trying to gather enough energy to get up.
I remember ordering from Collage Video years ago, and the comments about Tracey were extremely unkind. Her workouts weren't the best, but these comments were over the top. Most of them not even about the workout. Just an attack on her personally.
Tom, it wasn't legs, but we still like having you around.
It just poured rain here last night. Melted most of the four feet of snow stacked by the side of the driveway.
Happy Valentines Day to both of you. I can't keep track of the days. Everything sneaks up on me.

Happy Valentine's day Iron sistas!! We are melting here too...S O G G Y, but gotta go to make room for more this weekend!:mad:
Shoulders today, not heavy but long sets. Seated BB press 45x10 65x10 85x10 105x9 85x12. Db press 45s 3x10. Side laterals 25s 3x12, chest on bench rear delt flys 3x12 (35s) BB front raise (45) 3x12 and db shrugs (85s) x30 25 20.
Taking DW out early for V Day, will try to beat the rush. She got me some chocolate turtles (a personal weakness) and the dog got me twizzlers!...(another personal weakness)!!
Enjoy Valentine's day y'all, methinks your husbands got a pretty good deal!!

Tom, you have a very thoughtful dog! A few years ago my DD1 gave me a canister of old fashioned oatmeal for my birthday. Her dad drove her to the store and bought it, obviously, but he asked her what she thought mommy likes and she said "oatmeal!!!" She was right! I would have enjoyed some of those chocolate turtles you like too, though. The Twizzlers not so much.

Karen, what's your favorite chocolate? I do love See's candies. But I will even eat crappy Palmer's brand from the grocery store...you know, the kind they sell in 8lb bags for $1.99 because it's Frankenchocolate.

Chocolate!!! In any way, shape or form!! Love those chocolates from around the world, that are at Costco. Do like Twizzlers. Love candy, well with some exceptions. Tom!!! Turtles?!?!?! You hit the jackpot! I made it quite clear to DH, that chocolate would be appropriate this year! Here’s hoping.

Arm day, all superset. Stayed lighter on most and AGAIN long rep sets for me.
Skullcrushers (45s) 3x15/ ez bar curls (85) 3x12 pushdowns 3x10/ Db curls (35s) 3x15 kickbacks (35s) 2x20/ conc curls (35s) 2x10 and finished with tricep pushups x15/ 21s (65) 7 count. The appendages were hanging, but felt good!! I'm actually off to work this afternoon, DW is headed to Texas to visit her bro with doodle in tow, so might as well work! Have a great Friday lifter chicks!

Tom, enjoy your bachelor weekend...but not TOO much!

Karen, did your DH deliver on the chocolate??? I so admire your Julia workouts. Tough! HoCo should be "easy" now. Although I guess that's a different kind of beast so maybe not...

I did Hearts on Fire Live (from yesterday). Pure cardio and SO much fun.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Leg day, y'all know how I love them! 3x8 light bench squats at 115 155 175 and a single at 200. 50# gob squats x25 20 15 ( THESE I felt!) 2x8 rev lunges (35s) and 3x200 standing calf raises (200). I finished with 2 sets light bench with no block and most all reps to chest 135 x12 10 and folded my tent!!
Lisa, I'm too old to have too much fun lol!!
Karen, hope chocolate found its way to your house!
Twizzler man out!!!

Cardio and core day here. First was 2.5 miles on the bike then an ab circuit consisting of 20 Cable crunches ( raised it 10#)/ 60 mtn climbers/ 1 min each side of side plank/ 6 hanging knee raises ( these kill me). To balance the anterior stuff I did 1 set of light straight leg dead lifts 135x15. This was the first bent over work I have done awhile, and no problemo!!
All for me friends, hope your weekend was relaxing!

Tom, are you "computer screaming" at us with your bold font? LOL. I'm celebrating your pain free deads!!! Maybe it's those Twizzlers?

Karen, how's it going? Do you have even more Julia torture sessions under your belt?

Yesterday was PHAT 2 Live. I've been feeling it in my pecs today. Might've strained something on the right side during those pushups. NBD but still not fun!

Ha, Lisa, not sure what I hit when it changes the font!! I laughed out loud at the screaming part! Today was chest and some Tris and finished with 2.5 miles on the bike. Bench was warm up sets to 205x2 215x1 205x4 then 190 (bwt) x6 5 4 3 ( all with small block) then 165 x3, to chest but too much stretch so I backed off to 135x10 and about half of those reps were pause bench. My depth is improving but still being careful. My chest finishers were inclined db flys (45s) x15 12 10. Only 4 sets of tris, 2x10 skullcrushers and 2x8 pushdowns, then the bike! Hope everyone survives their Mondays!

Tom, I am glad you laughed about the screaming. The only actual screaming I ever envision coming from you would be directed at the television, when a ref makes a bad call or a player blows the game. Those are huge numbers for Chest poundage today. Great work.

Karen, hi!

Was going to do legs today but my pumpkin DD2 woke up with a croup cough so not much sleep. I could only eek out a basic Sydney Cummings YouTube cardio. Good thing my DH has the day off today, which in itself is odd because his company isn't big on federal holidays except like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the 4th. But whatever, not complaining!

Enjoy your Monday! I'll continue to pound the coffee...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.