Lifting like girls

Arm blast day and I did! 20 sets, 10 each. Tris were first, skullcrushers x16 12 10 (45s) pushdowns x10 10 8, tri pushups 2x20 and 2x20 kickbacks (35s). Bis were 3x10 ez bar curls (90) 3x10 seated db curls (45s) 2x10 hammer curls ( had to drop to 35s) and 21s (65 oly bar) 7 count then 5 count ( I was FRIED)! I put some effort out, seems easier to motivate on arm day for some reason! I'm still about crippled, leaning over to grab the ez curl bar was painful on "ye ole thutt" lol!!!( Have I ever said how much I HATE rev lunges)!!!!
Karen, I've never had vertigo but it would have to be awful! Hopefully it remains infrequent for you. Good your son could help!
I'm out friends, do your thing your way!! :cool:

Last edited:
Total body weights. Then I treated myself to a 90 minute massage with our favorite massage therapist. Muscles are feeling great now! I typically only get 60 mins but my DH went to a rock concert last night so today was my turn to spend $$$ on myself.:)

Today was day 1 of " 6 weeks to a better bench". Day 1 Is 90% of 1rm for 5 singles, 3x3 at 80%, then 3x7 at 70%, followed by 3x7 of an exercise from each other upper body part. Today I used 228 as a 1rm on bench so I did 5 singles at 205. 3 trips at 185 and 3x7 at 165 after some warm up sets. Others were 3x7 chin ups, 3x7 seated shoulder press (60s). 3x7 Ez bar curls (90) and 3x7 tri pushdowns. This is a rather fun program because you do upper body M W F and you can do legs or core or cardio on Tues Thurs and Sat. Wed is a light day and Fri considered a medium day. I may have started a little light but that leaves room for improvement! By the way, I tipped the scales at 200.2 Today so this will be accompanied with a diet cleanup!! DW is going to do intermittent fasting...no way for me. If I had to go that long without eating I would kill someone, so just a cleanup here! Karen, I remember you doing the fasting, Lisa, did you?? My brain would blow up if I couldn't wolf down the protein after lifting, cleaning up my diet will be hard enough ( and I just bought 2 sacks of twizzlers!!). Own your Monday friends!

Tom, you've done that program before, haven't you? It sounds like a good one, well thought out. Yes, I do intermittent fasting. It's actually not that bad. I have about a 6 hour eating window each day. Sometimes 8. I never have time to sit down and eat like a human being anyway so it's NBD for me. It's definitely not for everyone but your body does get used to it so I am sure you wouldn't die of hunger. You could still eat Twizzlers too! Karen, IIRC, does even more extreme, like eating 5 days, fasting 2 full days. You still doing that, Ms K?

Today was full body and I just finished a huge meal prepping session in the kitchen. Feels good to have some food ready but man, what a chore, especially with two wild minions tearing the house apart. Have a great Monday!

Lisa, yes I did but felt like I slacked on auxiliary stuff or at least lost some ground there but gonna try to pound the accessory things hard and at least will hit all upper body 3x/week. Less sets per w/o on each other body part but more frequent and I will try to go heavy on them. Will see bout that diet thang!!!

I’ve done both types of IF. 5/2, and a 5or 6 hour window. First week is different, but then you get used to it, and it is just a way of life. I always planned it so that I did a fasting workout then gobbled down the protein after my workout. It really was quite easy. I may get back into it at some point. I liked it cuz when you’re done eating you’re done. I kinda like boundaries. If I don’t have them, I grab a few chocolate chips every time I walk into the kitchen. So my workout today was another Mark Lauren day #8. Another evaluation workout. Time to move to level 2.
Your program sounds interesting Tom. Where did you get it. I’m full up right now, but maybe in the future.
Lisa, I hate food prep. Dicing and slicing and chopping. Hate doing it, but happy with the results. Nice day here today, almost 70. Tomorrow is rain, with snow in the forecast for this week. Ohhhh, say it isn’t so, yuck! See you tomorrow.

Light leg day, but still wobbley coming upstairs! 4x10 leg presses 2x12 gob squats 2x20 kb swings and single leg calf raises x40 30 20 10 and finished with 3x20 cable crunches. Day 1 of my cleaner diet resulted in a half pound GAIN!! That's ok cause I am sure it's ALL muscle lol!! All for me...have a goodun!

Today was a Julia. I'm kinda dragging today, so I turned off Julia, and did the workout from her posting on the site. When I'm dragging, I can't keep up with her, and I sometimes get only one rep in her 20:10 tabata. Yesterday was such a gorgeous day, and it's raining and cold today, with possible snow tomorrow. I was thinking about mowing the lawn yesterday, and evidently I should have done it. DH left for Philadelphia yesterday, I am collecting him(so to speak) from the airport on Friday. I hate going to the airport, they are remodeling, and every week the drive in and out changes. Last week I swear I drove around the Great Salt Lake. So, every time is basically a surprise. Well, that's about it, so I will stop moaning and groaning, and bid you a good night. Hope I have more energy tomorrow.

Hey Karen, moaning and groaning COMPLETELY permissible....I have it down to an artform!! Today was light bench day, 60-65% 4x5-7 reps, so 150 4x7. I put the small block on the bar which made the reps deeper. Accessories were 3x10 Pullovers (45s) 1 arm side laterals (35s) skullcrushers (45s)and db curls (40s). The curls I did simultaneously which really makes them harder for some reason, maybe stops some swing? I was down 2# so guess that's good! Have a great hump day friends!!

Yesterday was cardio, today was legs.

Karen, I appreciate those workout breakdowns too because sometimes it's just nice to listen to your own music and go at your own pace. Lol on "collecting" your DH from the airport. Are they remodeling and expanding? Many memories from that airport, particularly seeing brothers, cousins, and my DH (when he was my BF), fly off to their "best 2 years."

Tom, you body responds so quickly to diet changes!!! You've got the metabolism of a 15 year old boy!

Have a great Wednesday!

Guess what....ANOTHER LEG DAY!! 4x10 leg press ( and I added 45, gonna keep raising it), 3x15 sumo squat (90# db) 2x8 rev lunges in swings x30 20 (50) 1x40 single leg calf raises and 2x25 double leg calf raises ( these were slow, controlled and held the top position for a second). I finished with 100 reps cable crunches x25 20 20 20 15. Over and out friends!!

Mark yesterday, Julia today. Julia was a no equipment HIIT. Juuuuust not in the mood to juggle a bunch of equipment, and the workout was only 41 minutes. Another plus. So Julia is kicking my butt, and Mark is kicking my butt. Needless to say, my butt is kicked.
They are remodeling the airport, and it is supposedly going to be fabulous. Nice leg work Tom.
Don't look now, no don't look, but the sun is shining. Ohhh, a cloud moved in. I think one of the dogs looked. That's it guys! Until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Karen, seems like everything just got remodeled for the Olympics. Told my DH this and he said, "um, that was almost 20 years ago." Eek! Lol tell those doggies of yours to stop jinxing the weather.

Tom, that leg press machine is pure motivation for you! 2 leg days in one week?

Just feel like random sharing that I prepped a kick a$$ meatloaf, sitting in the fridge to be baked soon. I'm 99.999999% positive that 2 of my 3 kids won't touch it.

Yesterday was Upper body and today was HiiT cardio and core. I'm going to do yesterday's Cathe Live tomorrow. Looks fun!

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Today was upper ( bench centric) 7 sets of 3-5 reps at 80%. I used 190 and the last 5 sets after I was loose I put the block on the bar making closer to chest. Accessories were 4 sets of 5-7 reps and I went heavy, db shoulder press 60s x7 7 6 6, pulldowns 4x8, skullcrushers. 50s 4x7 and db curls 50s x7 7 7 10f. For bench it was a medium day, but other stuff I considered heavy!! Glad it's Friday..,ALWAYS! Have a great weekend all!!

Guess what???? ANOTHER LEG DAY.,,WTH!! Today I alternated legs and core, 3 sets KEG press/ 3 sets cable crunch ( raises weight on both) 3 sets gob squats/ 3 sets inclined sit ups 3 sets light deadlifts/ 2 sets side planks and finished with 3 sets calf raises. Tomorrow I will force myself to stay the hell out of the basement!! I was down again this morning...8 lbs since Monday..,good I guess? Outta here friends, off to KC with DW! Have a great weekend!

Today was "heavy" day on bench program. I upped my 1rm to 240 so for 90% I used 215 5 singles. For 80% I used 195 3x3 and 70% was 170, 3x7. It calls for accessories, 3-5 sets, but due to time this morning just did 3x7 on all or all except shoulder press. Chins 3x7, Pushdowns 3x7 ( added 10#). Ez bar curls 3x7 (100#) and db shoulder press, 60s x7 then had to drop to 50s x12 8. I was glad that upping the bench weight 10# was doable and I used the small block under the shirt for most of the sets, but when I got to 170 I was loose enough to put it on the bar which drops it an inch or 1 or more. I had a Drs appointment and didn't realize how much time heavy days take...they want a full 3 minutes between sets but I can't take quite that long. I will try to hit the auxiliaries harder later in the week!
All I got friends, hope you get this week started right!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.