Lifting like girls

Karen, you're sweet! I'll trade that Congressional Medal of Honor for a hot cup of coffee and 20 minutes of silence. Lol! My SIL recently spent an hour or so in a sensory deprivation chamber, and she loved it! You got amazing results from the Mark Lauren workouts last time, IIRC. Excited for you! We are huge Rogue fans, have a good amount of Rogue "stuff" so I can totally relate to your DH geeking out at Rogue headquarters.

Tom, you keep going and going. Not every day is a PR for any of us but I want to be like you when I "grow up"! Do you have your entire weekend booked with basketball watching?

Another week with weights and cardio. Today was legs. Be well and talk later!

Shoulder day, again a leg day whiff...make up Sat. 6 sets of Db seated press, up to 60sx10, 50sx12, 40sx15. 4x10 side laterals, bent over rear delt flys x12 15 15 oly plate front raise 3x15 and BB shrugs 225x30. All I got, but DW picked up some UGLY RUSTY 45s, and painted them...look great....what a girl!!! ( 40 cents a pound too)!!!!

Friends, I have punted for 3 days....maybe sometimes a few days off is ok. Missed legs. ARMS (WTH) and core stuff, but tomorrow is chest hopefully and will try to get more energized!
One of our best friends passed away yesterday and I am going with her husband to pick up the daughter at the airport today. Always tough to lose friends, we have been part of their family for over 40 years and while her health hasn't been good for a long time it's still seems so final when it happens.
Enough "downer talk" !! Hope all is well for y'all!

Sorry to hear about your friend, Tom. It makes me think about my own mortality. Ain’t 17 any more. I’ve been punting too. Waiting for the first of April. That’s what I tell myself anyway. Julia is my only workout this week. Starting tomorrow! Here’s to hope!

A particularly horrendous day of lifting. Bench was starting with the LARGE block under the shirt 135x1( yep, 1) felt like I was having surgery, then x8 185x1, then x5, then 205x2 3. Awful!! Dropped to 185x5 then with the small block under the shirt 135x23. Everything was sore today, hands shoulders...arthritis won this one I guess. I decided to hit some other body parts missed over the last few days. For legs were light leg press x20 15 single leg calf raises x25 20. Db curls 35s x10(simultaneously then x8(simultaneously) right into 8 (alternate). Next 1x30 tri kickbacks. Glad Idid SOMETHING but old age sucks!!!
Thank you both for the sympathies. She had been in pain for years, but was eagerly waiting the arrival of her first great grandchild so that is sad.
On a lighter note, today is DW's birthday, so cake it is!!

Yes!! Definitely Happy Birthday wishes to your DW, and to your Grandmother, Lisa. Today is also my Grandfather’s birthday. I think he would be 141 years old. I was figuring it out this morning. He passed when I was around 12 or so. I think he was born in 1878. Damn. Tom, sorry to hear about your arthritis. This has been a long cold winter. I haven’t been able to get warm. For the first time in my life, my hands and wrists ache. Some days it’s been difficult to hold a DB or BB. But, I can’t give it up. I may end up stitching a DB to my fingers. This morning was my first Mark Lauren workout. It was more of an evaluation to see if I start with phase 1, 2 or 3. After the evaluation, I was to start at phase 2. But, I’m starting with 1. I was barely in the 2, after the evaluation. So, 1 it is. Have a great day, guys! I’m dreaming of 90 degree days. I promise!! I won’t complain about the 100 degree days when Summer finally arrives.
Oh, and by the way, those plates look really good. Nice paint job. That seals the deal for me. Off to buy paint.

Last edited:
This morning was a waste of time! I'm definitely in a funk of some type, just not feeling it. Couldn't decide what to do, decided on a bwt circuit of chins pushups and bwt squats so did chin ups x8 pushups x25 and bwt squats x25.....Sat down after 1 series and was done! Just could NOT make myself do any more. I think it's mostly mental but my body just wasn't having it the last few days. Dunno, we will see, may need a break if it's physical or therapy if it's mental .....maybe a little of both o_O
Well that is your daily dose of depression, hope y'all have a better start to your day!!

Got a leg day done, not impressive except that I did do it! So thankful for the leg press machine, it seems to be the only way I can get much quad stuff done and today did 6 sets and upped the weight from last time...moving on up! It is by far the most joint friendly way to work legs for me! Today was 6 sets of leg press ( legs were noodles) 3 sets of rev lunges and 3 sets of single leg calf raises and 1x25 kb swings. Only 13 sets but had trouble getting back up the stairs! Off to work again, happy hump day friends!

Just wanted to say hello! Have done a mix of total body, cardio, and UB this week. Should be legs tomorrow. Tom, sorry your feeling in a funk. Vent here whenever you need. Karen, hope you're enjoying Mark's rotation. Are you getting rain? It's been dark and gloomy here, but at least getting warmer temps but LOTS of wind. Also, random Deva Curl recommendation for you, I just discovered Mister-Right which is a lavender spray that works great to revitalize curls on non-washing days.

Let's bust through the rest of this week, shall we?

This morning was my first Mark Lauren workout. In and out in 30 minutes. I forgot how core intense his workouts were. But, it was a very good change. It’s been off and on rain here, and kinda gloomy, at least it’s not 30 degrees. Thanks for the Deva tip Lisa. I need all the help I can get right now. I don’t know if it’s the weather, or what, but my hair is so frizzy right now. I look at myself in the mirror, and it’s like I have this halo all around my head. Just little frizzies everywhere. Good on ya Tom, getting the leg workout done. Everything counts. I’m in a sort of funk, my vertigo has been rearing its ugly head for a couple of days, I may have to fling myself off the bed to knock that Little Rock back in its place. Great job getting it done everyone. See ya tomorrow.

Shoulder day, 22 sets, 10 sets were presses. Standing strict press. 45x10 85x10 100x10 6 then seated BB press 100x8 9 and 85x12. 3x15 side laterals (25s) rear delt flys (45s)and BB front raises (55), finishing with db shrugs x40 30 30 (85s). I HATE that I suck at presses, always will but I'm gonna build these shoulders despite all that!
Yesterday's leg day made my "thutt" hurt..,wow! I hate those rev lunges, kill me everytime!
All for me friends, sore thutt and all! Hope shoulders feel tomorrow like thutt does today!

Karen, me too with the frizzies which is why my Deva stylist suggested Mister Right. I didn't know you had vertigo! Sounds awful.

Tom, a sore thutt is your body's way of saying "thanks!" Lol

I managed to do legs today with a focus on glutes.

Today was a butt workout by Julia. I chose it because it was under an hour, and looked fairly easy. Well, it was under an hour, but it wasn't that easy. But it was a good one. Frizzies are the worst Lisa. I think it's the winter. At least that's what I tell myself. Yes, I do have vertigo. Had my first episode when #3 child was about 2 months old. Opened my eyes first thing in the morning, and the room was spinning. It lasted a day, but that was the worst. The Dr. told me I had benign postural vertigo. After that, I was only bothered about once a year with a little dizziness, if I changed positions. Like lying down on a weight bench to do bench presses. I had to wait for the spinning to subside. So, it pops up every now and again. When my son was visiting a while back, he showed me how to alleviate the symptoms, or how to get the little rock back in it's place. (his words) It seems to work, but vertigo is a nasty thing. Tomorrow will be another Mark Lauren. That's about it! Tomorrow. Oh, and Tom? I love a sore thutt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.