Lifting like girls

Promise I am still alive. Got some major parenting stuff going on so just chasing time all day long. Never enough hours or minutes! I do prioritize my workout endorphins...because happy moms don't end up on the news, IYKWIM!!! Been getting a good balance of weights and cardio. Will probably be spotty in my reporting specific workouts due to life, but I plan on popping in for quick hello's and such!

Have a great Sunday night!

I don’t know how I got 2 quotes in one post. But at this point nothing surprises me. I do know what you mean about the DMV Lisa. I feel like an animal heading to the slaughter. Ok, now go wait in this line, now wait here, when they call your number go here, then argue with this person, and on and on, and on. It feels like a spike in the brain! Agggghhhh. Tom, sorry about your sorry game.

Good morning lifters! Chest and tris today and went heavier than most days. 9 sets bench up to 205x3 singles at 215 and 220 then 200x5 and 190x7 ( all these with the small block) then without the block and all the way down did 155x8 and 135x8, finishing chest with db inclines 55s x15. Tris were just 2x12 pushdowns and 2x20 kickbacks. I have some safety catches ordered from Amazon to hopefully cure my "chickenshititis"!! I think this will help me push more weight on bench and may be squats.
All for me! Hope Karen survived the DMV and Lisa, motherhood!! Another week, another workout!!

Tapatalk on my phone has everything all messed up. It has me reading posts from Justine, two years ago. So if I’m quoting things from months ago, you know it ain’t me. Just sayin’.
I had the same thing Karen a while back, had to get rid of it...phone would squawk at 2 AM with some long outdated post...had to kiss it goodbye!!

You guys are making me glad that I've never bothered with Tapatalk! But man, I do miss Justine and Lib. I do still stay in touch privately with MominVT who is rocking life and lifting.

Lol on Tom's "chickenshititis"!!!

Sort of coasted through back and bi day. Chin UPS by 10-8 pullover x14 10 1 arm cable pulls x8 8 ( did add 5#) light Pendlay rows x15 20. Bis were db curls 2x10, hammer curls 2x10 and 1 set of very slow curls ( time under tension thing) x5. That was it, 8 sets back, 5 bi. Off to "Yankem U"!!

It’s been mostly Julia this week, with some heavy lifting thrown in. I’m working on doing pistol squats, another obsession. Don’t know why. But that’s about it. Trying to get some spring cleaning done. I’m all over the place this week. May be more settled next week. Here’s hoping.

Saw a new movie this morning, it premiered in my basement and was titled " DEATH OF A DELTOID"! Missed the popcorn but something was burning! Geeze, 23 sets and absolutely nothing heavy but they were toast! 8 sets of seated BB press up to 95x8 115x8 5. 95x10 9 85x12 65x12 then 2 sets of seated db presses 40s x10 11. 3x15 side laterals then 5 x15 sets of bench supported rear delt flys since I feel they get underworked, 3x15 oly plate front raises and 2x30 db shrugs. This old guy is "deltoid challenged" but not for a lack of trying!! Hopefully light and long equals big and strong....someday! On a side note I got my safety catches for Bench and squat ( if I ever do those again) and can't wait to give em a try!
Guess it's March Madness this afternoon for me, hope it goes better than the last outing!! Enjoy your day friends!

Last edited:
Arm day, 22 sets and reduced rest time. #skullcrushers 4x10, pushdowns x10 10 8 8, kickbacks 3x15. Bis were Ez bar curls x10 10 10 5, db curls 4x8 and hammer curls 3x8. Felt the burn and because I concentrated on each group separately it was more intense and I felt better worked! Off to do a ton of dentures today, no help so no surgery....I think I'll survive?? Have a great Friday friends!

Ok, for some reason if it looks like I didn't "like" your post, it's because the website is lying. I just saw that a whole bunch of posts didn't show that I clicked "like." NBD other than I want you both to know that I am cheering you on!

Tom, didn't know dentists did dentures. For some reason I thought an endo or other "mouth doc" did those. Shows what I know! My goal is to be like my grandparents who died in their late 80s with their own teeth, in pretty darn good shape. I bet the mold process is much better these days. I know the retainer world has been revolutionized by mouth cameras. Great workouts this week.

Karen, I feel you on the scattered brain and the whole "WTH did all the time go?" I don't have your good excuse of catching up after vacation! Glad you're still enjoying those Julia workouts. I am so in awe of your persistence and drive. Pistol squats, what? Thumbs up.

I'm still plugging and chugging through the sweaty workouts. Lots of Cathe Live this week. Going to do TB Giant Sets Live 2 tomorrow. Hope you both have a great weekend! It's obvious that Tom will be parked on the couch, watching basketball. Karen, hope you can kick up your feet for a bit. I'm dreaming of a nap....:)

Today DH joined me with Cathe Live from Thursday. A leg and cardio workout. He gets his cardio from his bike rides, or stationary bike. It’s fun to watch him doing Cathe cardio. He is great with jumping jacks and the like, but any coordination move is fun to watch. But, just like with most men, he’s kick butt with the weights. Have a great week end guys!

Stepped WAY out of my comfort zone today. Thought I would try something a little diff...NOT GOOD AT IT!!! I did some light hangcleans, and thrusters and light BB power snatches. This was comical!!! I cant get my hands over my head so thrusters and snatches are UGLY! Cleans are foreign too, only do those if I don't have a rack and need to get the bar to my chest lol! When I tried to go heavier on the thrusters my shoulder fell off..ugh. I only went to 135 on cleans and 95 on thrusters 70 on snatches. Next I tried hack squats but these my friends are the WORST thing on my right knee, just can't do them...so glad I have the leg press as they are the best on knees and hips, I added 60# from last time and that will continue to go up...they will probably become my go to quad lift, hack squats are off the list! I finished the day with 3 sets of calf raises , 2 sets of kb swings and 2x15 on 135 bench too stretch shoulders.....that was my morning, really ugly but ya gotta have a sense of humor and I found myself laughing several times. Oh yeah, my first set of 135 bench was going to be 20 but I kept "clanking" into my safety and had to bail at 15...geeze, what a day! Hope you my friends fare better!!

Misc. Stuff! Did a 5 set circuit 3x. Inclined sit ups x20/ light rack pulls 255x8 / cable pulls (added 20# tough staying down) x12/ pushups x20/ pull ups x8. Went to rack pulls and stayed light, being protective, I guess I'm doing some good, really feel it in my lower back but hammies and thutt....not so much! Hope all are enjoying Sunday!

Chest and tris. Bench was 135x5 5, 155x3 175x3 205x3 (bailed early on 215, didn't need too, just did) 200x5 185x9 155x8 135x10 then db inclines 55sx16 burn out set. Just 3 sets of tris, 2 sets of pushdowns and a set of skullcrushers. Better day than I thought it would be at least, don't know why I namby pambied 215, just went halfway down and back up...just mentally didn't know if it was there! Hope y'all are well and killin it!!

Back and bis today then off North to a meeting. Back was 2x10 chin ups, pullover x15 12, lat pulldowns x15 12 10 and Pendlay rows starting with 185 ( living dangerously) x10 8 then 135x20 (used a belt for Pendlays).
All for me today, off for my monthly briefing! Make the day yours friends!

Yesterday was a Julia Upper Body workout. Today will be a Mark Lauren workout. On Monday I will be starting Mark Lauren’s 90 Day Challenge. I’ve done it once before, from a book. Now the program is on DVD. I will do it from the book again. I don’t need any more DVDs. But, the program is only around 30 minutes a day. It should be perfect paired with Julia’s sometimes 90 minute workouts. That’s about it for me. DH is driving (this time) to Philadelphia. He’s driving with a nephew and his family. They’re moving to Pennsylvania. They will be spending tonight in your yard, Tom. At least somewhere in Missouri. Tomorrow they will go through Columbus, Ohio. DH, and nephew feel a need to stop at the Rogue barbell etc. store. Go figure. DH loves Rogue. That’s about it! Keep up the great work, Tom! You’re killin it. Lisa, you’re killin it too. I think all Moms of young children, deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor. Until tomorrow, I’m out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.