Lifting like girls

Hey all, Thursday was shoulders and I did 5 sets of seated db presses, heaviest was 60s x8, 3sets of side laterals (30s) 3 sets of bench supported rear delt flys (40s) 3 sets of front raises (45 oly plate) and 2 sets of Db shrugs ( 90s). Yesterday was arms and went lighter but longer, all supersets.
Skullcrushers 40s x20 15 12/
Ez bar curls 85 x15 12 10
Pushdowns x12 10 10/
Db curls 35s x15 12 12
Kickbacks 35s x20 20 15/
Hammer curls 35s x12 12 12
Water downstairs AGAIN today, this area is a swamp....rain rain rain! Have a great weekend all!!

Chest and tris, 9 sets bench, 1 set Db inclines and a set of pushups Tris were 3 sets of pushdowns and a set of kickbacks. Bench was up to a double at 205, 190x6 4 3 and 135x15 10. No block for 135, loose enough after the other sets to get it to chest, at least with 135! The last set were paused. The db inclined were 55s x15 and by the time I got to pushups it was 1 set of 15 lol!! Survive your Mondays friends!

Tom, you should have fish living in your basement by now, all that water! I'm sorry. Good workouts even if you had to wear a wetsuit.

Saturday ended up being Ramped Up Upper Body from S&S series. Today was a Sydney Cummings YouTube boot camp. No energy but made it through.

Have a good one!

I'm baaack. DH had some business in Philadelphia, so I went with him. While he worked, I checked out the city. Lots of history there. A lot of walking, but not much else. So now it's time to get down to business. Nice job everyone. I need to gitter done.

I'm baaack. DH had some business in Philadelphia, so I went with him. While he worked, I checked out the city. Lots of history there. A lot of walking, but not much else. So now it's time to get down to business. Nice job everyone. I need to gitter done.
Fun fun fun! My DH and I toured Philadelphia for a few days before the 2009 Cathe Road Trip in Glassboro. I'm so glad you had fun! Did you have your own run up the steps Rocky Balboa moment? What was your favorite place to see and thing to eat?

Years ago I would have spent the whole week in King of Prussia, at the giant mall. But, I’m so old, there’s nothing left for me to buy. In fact, I need to get rid of most of my stuff. I’m kind of a history buff, so I spent my time in the city, checking out America’s birth place. Never been there, and it was all very interesting to me. We also rented a car, and drove to Gettysburg. Loved it all, had a great time. It is nice to be home, and sleeping in my own bed, but glad I went.

Years ago I would have spent the whole week in King of Prussia, at the giant mall. But, I’m so old, there’s nothing left for me to buy. In fact, I need to get rid of most of my stuff. I’m kind of a history buff, so I spent my time in the city, checking out America’s birth place. Never been there, and it was all very interesting to me. We also rented a car, and drove to Gettysburg. Loved it all, had a great time. It is nice to be home, and sleeping in my own bed, but glad I went.
That would be a great trip, I had a civil war course with an instructor that traveled to all the sites...terrific instructor and he really brought the battles to life, and the history in Philly would be incredible!!! Glad you got to do it, and we have the same issue with..,STUFF!! Need to throw away 20 truck loads!!!
I skipped this morning, DW is heading to Fl, and I didn't want to wake her up with the long trip....I'll make it up tomorrow!!

Those historic sites are incredible! I learned a lot at the Liberty Bell museum. I agree that Gettysburg is also quite a sight. I think I was 12 when I was there, so no doubt I'd appreciate it more now. Time to go back. Memories and experiences are better than stuff for sure! Except for maybe your own bed, lol!

The last couple of days it’s been some workouts from Cathe Live. This morning was a Julia lower body workout, and I was dying. Amazing what missing a week can do. Oh well, I’m back at it, full swing now. But, it was really nice taking a week off.

Today was back and bis, 2:x8 chins pullovers 2x12, 1 Arm cable pulls 2x12 and light Pendlay rows 2x15 ( these are a low back problem, I just did 135 but still back was sore for some of the bi stuff..,WTH!) Bis were 2x10 seated alternate db curls (45s) then dropped to 35s and did 2 sets of 6 with first part of the rep Db curl, second part of the rep hammer curl and did them simultaneously. Tomorrow will be legs or shoulders??? We will see!
I'm outta here friends!!

Last edited:
Shocking news...,shoulders won!! But I did throw in some legs. Seated db shoulder press 6 sets, up to 55sx12 8 finishing with 45sx12. Side laterals 25s 3x12, rear delt flys 3x12, front raise 45# oly plate 3x15 and db shrugs 85s x40 30 30. I threw in 3 sets of leg press, albeit light x10 15 10 and woe, could I feel those! It's been an hour and legs still jelly! I finished with 3 sets of single leg calf raises x50 30 20. Tomorrow will be arms then probably legs and light bench Saturday. Will watch the Big 12 tournament games tonight...,go Jayhawks!!!

Arm day blitz! 22 sets and a little different. Starting with skullcrushers, 50sx10 45sx15 40sx15 35sx12 13/ Ez bar curls 100x10 90x14 80x14 10 75x14. Next pushdowns 3x12, again dropping 5# each set/ Db curls 45sx12 12 then 35sx15 ( simultaneously hammer curls) the last series was kickbacks 35s x20 15 12/ conc curls 35s x12 12 8. Can ya smell what the "slop" is cooking??o_O! Felt good, luvs me a good old fashioned arm fry! Tomorrow some legs and light bench....or so I say! Enjoy Friday friends!

Leg day and some light bench..,.as promised! Legs were 3x10 light leg press 2x10 light hack squat 2x20 gob squats 3x30 calf raises on the hack squat machine and and 2x25 single leg calf raises. Bench was 135x5 10 155x15 and 175x8. The first set of bench is always painful, thus the 5 rep set and almost every week I think about stopping fearing injury but it always loosens up as I go...thankfully! All for me, my Jayhawks are playing in the Big 12 championship game this afternoon so Got my fingers crossed! Have a great weekend!!

Friends, I'm currently in Hell. The physical location. Trying to renew my license at the DMV. They are "currently serving" number 207. I'm number 315. And I have already been here 20 mins. See you in 3 hours....

Legs today.
Well, that game sucked big time!!!!!
Tom! Sorry you were disappointed.
Well, after a giant butt kicking from Julia, I’m going to go to my comfort zone for a while. Heavy weights with a little Julia, HoCo, Mark Lauren and Linda Wooldridge thrown in. That could also change within the week. But, I need some heavy weights (heavy for me anyway) right now. I did a Julia workout yesterday, that was nothing but different burpees. I may need to go to bed for a week. That’s all I got. Tomorrow.

Did do some abs and light deads. Did superset series, cable crunches x20/ 1 min side plank each side and did this 3 times. I Did up the weight on the cable crunches 10#. The deads I kept light, don't trust them, 205x10 conventional and x10 sumo and that was it for the day! See ya Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.