Lifting like girls

Lib, I love my cardio, but weights are definitely high in my heart, too. As long as you are feeling good and having fun with it! Are you enjoying the Fit Tower?

Tom, good for you for being "present" on leg day!!

Karen, hey girl.

I've been crazy busy this week but managed a 2018 Cathe Road Trip UB Live on Monday, legs on Tuesday, and a Sydney Cummings YouTube HiiT today! Have a good one, my friends!

Shoulder day, 24 sets and quite a bit of volume.6 sets of standing press...pathetic as usual 45x8 65x8 85x8 100x8 120x1 100x5, seated Db press 55sx8 45sx10, side laterals 3x10 (25s) 1 arm side laterals 3x10 (25s) rear delt flys 4x12 (45s). BB front raise 4x10 (50) BB shrugs 225 2x20. My standing press is a joke, it's almost a front raise...geeze, getting vertical overhead is IMPOSSIBLE!! At least I'm tired and I think that means it was good day!
Off to screen 3 year olds....may be tougher than shoulder presses lol!! Keep going sistas....I'm in awe!

Off to screen 3 year olds....may be tougher than shoulder presses

Tom, lol!!! MY 3 year old got her semi-annual dental exam yesterday. She did great! She loves the sunglasses they give the kids to wear in the chair. No biting the dentist, but she did show off her "strong cheeks" for the hygienist by clamping down on her mirror when it was inside her mouth. Hope you ate your Wheaties this morning!

Karen, not a fan of days filled with errands! Hope you get some downtime today.

Lib. Hi!

Today was kickboxing. Have a great day!

Oh Tom, no envy here. Screening three year olds. Oh my!! My kids loved the Dentist. Thought the chair was a rocket ship. Laughing here Lisa. Your three year old sounds like one of mine. The minute that mirror went in her mouth, she became the jaws of life. It's all funny now. I'm sure the whole office wanted to run off to the back room, when they saw me enter with my brood.
Lib, how are your workouts going?
Yesterday was the last leg workout of Mesocycle 2. I skipped the Wednesday Mark Lauren workout. I will probably do it today. Then tomorrow will be the last back and bicep workout from mesocycle 2. Don't know when I will fit Friday's Mark Lauren in the mix. Maybe I will be ambitious Saturday afternoon. Probably not. That's about it! Have a great week-end,

The little kids were really cute, only 4 year olds but all had really good chomps and no fingers lost! Today was arms and pretty much standard for me...supersets with Skullcrushers 3x10/ ez bar curls 3x8...tri pushdowns 3x8/ db curls 3x10..kickbacks 3x15/ conc curls x10 8 8...18 sets, ez bar was 95 skullcrushers were 45s all other was 40s. I would like to do some bench and deads tomorrow and throw in some abs..,we will see cause football at 11:)... 2 more games then off to Jayhawk basketball!!. Karen, Lisa, and Lib, hope you all have A great weekend!

Some bench and deads and a big mistake!! I started with bench and did 115x5 135x5 155x5 185x5 200x3 165x10 and 135x15. Deads were 205x3 255x3 275x3 and THEN, I did 305 and it was moving really well and about halfway up I felt " somepun really bad" and just dropped it immediately! Wasn't good, hopefully a short term muscle thing..we will see! Anyway, that was the end of that!! At least watching football is a sitting thing!! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Cold day today. I dislike Winter. I'm done already, and it has even hit yet. Yuck!

100% there with you. I can't figure out if I am a wimp or if I am like a cold blooded animal that needs heat for survival?! Good work with crushing Meso 2.

Tom, how are you? Feeling ok?

Today was legs. Started heavy then ended with mobility. School's out, people are already holiday crazed. Sheesh. I hope you all have a terrific Thanksgiving. I'm taking the easy route and Whole Foods is doing all the cooking. Pickup on Thursday morning, then we heat and eat whenever we want. We are late Thanksgiving eaters so probably 6pm? Sounds like a dream come true, and yes I am bragging. Somehow I think my kids will find a way to keep me busy so don't be too jealous! What are y'all up to for the holiday?

Made it thru work...like a cripple, but made it!! Can't get completely vertical yet but a little closer. I think I am crossing deads off my list! I knew with my technique sooner or later something bad would happen and prophecy fulfilled!! Probably not much gonna happen here for awhile, but I will cheer from afar!! Good work friends!

Tom, sending you healing energy. I'm sorry you are in pain. It sounds terrible. Please get well quickly!

Karen, hey!

Today was Bootcamp Strong Live. It seemed like a tougher Live but it could have also been due to my extra tired mental/physical state this morning, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all of us!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! My week has been the usual workouts. Starting Meso 3, not so sure I want to go there. The workouts are long, and I may just go to Gym Style, or just my own. Meso 2 is still my favorite.
That’s about all. Be safe, and have a great four days. Couple of the kids and their families are coming home. I will have Grandkids around, and that means making sugar cookies and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Always lots of help with the mixing and tasting.
I just heard on the news that all romaine lettuce is being recalled. Doesn’t matter where you bought it, throw it all away. Don’t know whether it’s local or national. It was on the local news, I’m assuming local. Anyone else heard anything? I bought some about a week ago. I’ve eaten some of it, didn’t get sick. It’s still good and I don’t want to throw it away. Oh well, have a great four days! Everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just heard on the news that all romaine lettuce is being recalled. Doesn’t matter where you bought it, throw it all away. Don’t know whether it’s local or national. It was on the local news, I’m assuming local. Anyone else heard anything?

Karen, those cookie making memories with Grammie Karen are going to stick with those kiddos forever. I love it!!!!

Yes, WTH with the romaine lettuce recall? My DH read something about it on Google News. Like you said, all romaine is suspect. No exceptions. I'm annoyed because, besides hating to waste food, my Fred Meyer was still selling loads of romaine lettuces, salad bags, etc. Why is it always issues with the greens? Well, I know why, but it still irks me. I'd probably either wash it really really well or just throw it out. Better that than being in the ER on Thanksgiving!!!

Had a great Thanksgiving! Yesterday, not so great. Had to go pick up our passport pics at Walmart (not going anywhere, just time to renew). I hate Walmart on a normal day, let alone Black Friday. We waited until 2pm, hoping we'd missed the crowds. Nope! It was AWFUL!!! I don't know if either of you two are Black Friday shoppers but OMG there is nothing I want so bad that I will elbow people over and stand in long lines at 2am for. I will pay full price with a smile on my face, thank you very much.

Have had some fun workouts. Did some cardio and the chest and back, biceps and triceps from Cathe's 4 Day Split series over the past couple days. Those are great routines. Short and effective.

Have a great weekend! Tom, hope you are feeling healed up. Karen, hope you baked your heart out with those grandkids. Lib, hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Oh Lisa, I feel your pain! There is nothing on this planet that would make me even consider shopping on Black Friday. Especially WalMart. They show up at WalMart in their pajamas. That’s a good day. Can’t imagine what Black Friday would be. Too painful to think about. Amazon is as crazy as I get on Black Friday.
My workouts have been the usual. Kissed everyone goodbye this morning. I miss them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No lifting yet and " fo sho" NO BLACK FRIDAY shopping!!!!! Gonna try some light bench Monday, maybe some arms and see how it goes. We are suppose to have blizzard conditions Sunday so Monday work may be interesting drive wise.
I have an old guitar, a Fender that's an antique that I took in for some repairs today. The kid I showed was pretty excited to see it! I bought it used when I was 16, and the ole girl just needs a few little things done to her.
Glad you guys have been holding the fort down, gonna try to do some stuff....promise!! All for me, have a great rest of the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.