Lifting like girls

Yesterday was STS mesocycle 2 disc 1. Chest, shoulders and triceps. What a great workout. Haven’t lifted heavy in a while. It felt good. Maybe this Winter I will do another round of STS.
Today is Mark Lauren. Ladders.
Make it great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, love STS. For legs, I love the routines from all the Mesos, but Meso 2 is my favorite for UB. Nice work!

Tom, what ya up to?

Not sure what I was thinking but decided to do GS for UB again this week so today was Gym Styles Chest and Triceps. I think I did better with it last week...:( Now trying to figure out who to vote for on my early voter ballot. I've got the big positions figured out, but gotta look into the local, district candidates. Trying to be a good American and get it done!

Shoulder day, light and lots! 4 sets of Standing BB press, 3 sets of seated db press 100 press reps in all. 3 x10 side laterals, 4x10 rear delt flys, 4x10 BB front raise then back to 3x10 1 arm side laterals. I definitely need some bionics because I'm pretty sure the warranty on the originals are expired!! Kept everything light,( no other options really) but still got some "fry" on shear volume. I'm at the car dealership with DW and Katie ( our mini golden doodle) getting tires and oil change for the Gram Van lol!! Tomorrow is another day I play "instructor". Hope I remember how to do something besides "cold steel and sunshine"!
Have a fun filled Thursday friends!
Yeah, the political thing has earned a big " kiss my a÷%"!! Enough lying in a month to last 100 years. Can't wait till it's over...even if it doesn't go my way, just MAKE IT STOP!!

Arm day, strict and light. Today was 10 sets tri followed by 10 sets bi. Pushdowns x12 10 9 8, skullcrushers 4x10 kickbacks x20x18. Bus were db curls x12 10 8 ( all simultaneous) x10 ( alternate), conc curls 4x8 and 2 sets of 21s, but the first set was 10 count each and the second was normal 7 count.
Son 2 is flying in today, that's good news, but it is for the funeral of a friend who lived up the street and practically grew up at our house. When his Dad called me I was heartbroken...so sad.
Off to educate ( I hope), Have a terrific Friday iron ladies.

Tom the Teacher, at it again. Hope it takes your mind off the funeral. Sounds like this person was an unofficially adopted family member. Condolences your way

Karen, more STS for you?

Yesterday was legs. Today was Gym Styles Back Shoulders Biceps. This weekend is all things Halloween. Party starts tonight with an activity at DD1's school, and it's go-go-go until Halloween Day. Gotta get as much mileage out of those costumes as possible! Have the best weekend possible, (which is hard when funerals are involved), friends.

Light legs, 4x8 bench squats, nothing heavier than 155, 2x8 db rev lunges and 2x10 deads (205) 1 sumo 1 conv and finished with 2x25 BB calf raises...short, sweet and the deads were tiring..,sets of 10, even light, wear me out! Enjoy your weekends.

Today's chest and tris almost became a deload. I always start really light and on the first set at 115 I actually did a " mini scream" ( glad I was home alone), but finished the set and each set got better so I ended up with a good bench day. 10 sets flat bench, 115x8 135x8 155x8 175x8 200x4 210x1 and 220x1( heaviest I have gone in awhile) then 195x5 175x8 and 155x10. I followed with 2 sets of db inclines 60sx10 and 50sx10. Tris were skullcrushers x12 10 8 and pushdowns x12 10 8. I was glad to be able to go heavy ( for me) but I know a deload is coming. I don't use anything like ibuprofen or naproxen because I don't drink a lot of fluids most days, but it would probably help, just figure I can stand it I'll avoid kidney and cardiac issues. (not sure what happened to the font lol!!)
Hope y'all have a great start to the week!

Like you Tom, I don't drink enough water during the day. I just get busy, and forget about it. Then I don't want to drink a lot before bed. I will be up all night with bathroom trips.
This past week, was a Mark Lauren, and STS program. Today I will be starting the Advanced Mark Lauren program. Spent the week-end cleaning up the yard, and pulling all the veggie and flowers that died during the two day frost. It's unusually warm for this time of year. If it hadn't been freezing for two days, I'm sure I would still have veggies to pick and use. Think I will shut off the outside water system today. That's about it, post later after Mark Lauren. Have a great week.

Back and bis and did do 2x8 pullups, but only 2 sets..trying to ease them back in. Next 4x10 low lat cable pulls and 4x8 lat pulldowns. Bis were 3x10 db curls and 3x10 con ccurls and that was it!
Back at it for me today, playing tooth fairy...have a goodun friends!

Tom, I hear ya on avoiding the pain meds. My son-in-law had a near deadly ulcer (thankfully she got the treatment she needed and is ok) and it's very likely from the OTC pain meds she took daily for her horrific migraines. I am probably extreme but I will only swallow a pill if I am on death's door.

Yowza, Karen, you're killing it. Mark Lauren has such a dread factor for me. Not that he's not likeable, but just that he's merciless!!!

Yesterday was STS Legs Disc 9. I love randomly pulling these out. Today was a Sydney Cummings YouTube workout. Gonna be a busy 48 hours, keeping my hyper excited kids entertained. Too bad the weather is supposed to be crappy tomorrow--cold and rainy.

Have a good Halloween and don't be scared by any spooky creatures! Be back later in the week

Advanced Mark Lauren is something. (Looking for the right words here) definitely a dread factor. But I’m sticking with it. Such a good program for control and balance. That’s about it. Have a great weekend all!

Hey liftergirls, I took the last few days off, just wasn't into it, and going to see son 1 and wife this weekend so probably won't do much until Monday,but hope to get iron busy again then! Lisa, hope you survived Halloween and Karen, hope you survive Mark!!! Have a great weekend friends!

I promise I have been working out! The holidays are here, and everything is busier now that I have a full-time school kiddo. After school activities. School activities. Everyone still insists on eating! I know it just gets worse as they get older...( I am pretty sure I can hear you two laughing because you've been there, but now I am the sucker living it, lol!!!) Anyway, as best as I can remember, Halloween was UB, Thursday was legs, yesterday was cardio, today was UB. Halloween was so fun. We had a Harley Quinn and Bat Girl (both comic book characters) and little dude rocked the hand-me-down cow costume that all my babies wore because it's warm, adorable, and he couldn't have cared less. He just didn't want people to look at him. So shy! The tears!

Karen, is your DH officially back in your house or is he still working on the other side of the continental USA? Oh, those Mark workouts... So is your garden now officially hibernating for the Winter? How is b'day season going?

Tom, sorry you haven't been "feeling it." Hope you feel rested and pumped up after this weekend's visit with family. Isn't this your lifting son? He always seems to kick your a$$, lol. Hope your team wins this weekend, assuming not a biweek (spelling?). BSU plays BYU tonight, at home. This is THE big rivalry for people around here so it's crazy nuts around town today...

Be back Monday, my friends

Back at it today, chest, tris and some abs. On bench, worked up to 200x3 210x1 200x4 185x8 155x10 and 135x16. Next light db inclines x17 (50s, tried 60s, but got STUCK!!...Just too tired by then) then skullcrushers x15x10, 3x10 pushdowns and 1x15 kickbacks. Abs we're crunchesx50, mtn climbers 2x60, and 2 sets of side planks.
Glad to do something, this will be a strange week too, meeting Wed afternoon and Thursday, but the hotel does have weights so will try to do shoulders there I guess.
Hope you both have a great start to the week, all I got, so old guy out!!

Another Monday thing. Spent all morning at the vet. We were in a room waiting for 45 minutes. They had forgotten us. I have to go back tomorrow, with the other dog. Both dogs don’t fit in the cab of the truck, and my car is in the shop. Two mornings at the vet. The security package for my computer won’t load. Spent the afternoon on the phone with a tech. Glad this Monday is almost in the can. DH is still in MN. Should be back soon. The garden is all gone. City trash hauled off the last of it this morning. Got over 100 bottles of salsa, and more than that of relish. Did a few jars of tomatoes, and tomato sauce, so it’s all good. Couldn’t can another thing even if I WANTED to.
Advanced Mark Lauren is a bear. Has the same effect as Horizontal Conditioning. Not really cardio, but my heart rate is in the aerobic range, and the sweat’s flying.
Not many trick or treaters this year. Two bunches, first bunch, about 10 kids. Second bunch 3 kids. Both before 7:00pm. That was it. I remember years ago I made the cutest little vampire costume for my five year old. A little tuxedo. When I took him to school, he didn’t want to go in. He didn’t want anyone looking at him. So there you have it. Now I have a huge bowl of chocolate candy, that’s calling my name. I gotta put it in the freezer, before all hell breaks loose.
That’s about it, guys. See ya tomorrow.

Another Monday thing. Spent all morning at the vet. We were in a room waiting for 45 minutes. They had forgotten us. I have to go back tomorrow, with the other dog. Both dogs don’t fit in the cab of the truck, and my car is in the shop. Two mornings at the vet. The security package for my computer won’t load. Spent the afternoon on the phone with a tech

Karen, read this with a sad face. Poor pups. Poor computer. Poor you. Hope today is treating you better. Now I don't feel so badly about the crayons that DD2 and DS threw. All. Over. The. House. Everywhere. ...because DH came home for lunch and doesn't know the "don't give crayons to DD2 when DS is awake" rule. But that little tuxedo vampire...sounds so sweet! What a great memory. Same with us, hardly any trick-or-treaters. We leave a "help yourself" bowl of candy because we are out doing our own trick-or-treating, and hardly any of it was gone! I guess it's because our house is up a hill and it's too much work to climb up for our small cul-de-sac? Karen, aren't you living in a house on a slope yourself? At any rate, you can eat a piece of candy after those Mark workouts (and hopefully your DH can get home from MN soon to help you out). Nevertheless, I think you owe Mark and the HoCo instructor monetary damages for lost business because after reading your reviews, I'm never buying them. I don't want to die, lol!

Tom, you ok? Are you headed out of town for a conference? Does the continuing ed for dentists never end? At least these elections will be done after tonight...unless there's a recount somewhere, ugh. I'm mostly interested in the local results here. Does that make me a bad American????

Today was cardio, HiiT It, Strike it, Crunch It Live from last week. Fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.