Lifting like girls

Yup, that’s the name; Abs and Pushups. It’s older, 2008 I believe. She has another that is more recent. Burpees and oh, now I can’t remember. But it’s the same style. Just alternate between the two. They are only around a half hour, so doable.
I just made a batch of zucchini muffins. So good, I’ve eaten three already. They called for white flour, I didn’t have any, so I had to grind some wheat I had. Really good using whole wheat. I’m getting tired of playing little house on the prairie, I need to get a life!!
I just get up in the morning, pull my hair back in a ponytail, and I’m ready to go. I think dreadlocks is the next step! Whoa. I’m avoiding all mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AWOL AGAIN yesterday, not sure what's up " wid dat", but nothing seems to work right.,sore wrist, elbows, hips...hello old age! Today was light shoulders, seated BB militaries 45x10 65x10 85x10 105x8, next were side laterals/ front raise ( dropped to 20s) 3x8, rear delt flys ( dropped to 40s) 3x10, then a long set of db seated press ( dropped to 40s) 1x20. To finish were db shrugs ( 90s) x30x25 and that was it! Off to take DW to St Louis to catch a plane to FL for grandson 3 bday...he turns the big 3!! Hope all is well with all!

Everyone doing okay out there? Karen, still in canning hell? Tom, grading more papers and student practicals?

Yesterday was back and biceps. Today was Cathe Live Hi/Lo Kickboxing. It's Thursday, we're almost there!!!

ETA : for some reason I couldn't see your posts when I first logged in, Tom. Happy 3rd to your grandson!!! Let the "threenager" fun begin! It's a trip, but my DD2 is making 3 a happier memory than my DD1, oy! I guess your DW will go to the bday party and you will stay home for Nebraska football???

I’m thinking planting a garden wasn’t such a great idea. It’s good that all the tomatoes aren’t ripe at the same time. My kitchen would be full of tomatoes. I can handle canning a couple of times a week. But it is an all day thing. Chopping and dicing and.....oh what have I done, and I will not let it go to waste. My neighbors hide when they see me coming. Anyway....
Today was a weight workout. Just something out of my head. Chest, shoulders and triceps. Enjoyed doing my own thing.
Happy B-day to your Grandson, Tom.
Lisa, is DD1 still enjoying school? Either of you have relatives, or know someone living in the path of the latest hurricane? I always feel bad for these people. Coming home, and your once lovely home is now a pile of kindling. Take care guys, talk to you later.

Arm day Friday and nothing really noteworthy, just samo samo! 3 sets of skullcrushers x16x10x12? 3 sets of db curls 3x8 then pushdowns x10x10x8 and conc curls x10x10x8 followed by db kickbacks 3x12 and ez bar curls 3x10 (90). All the db stuff was with 40s. Just hanging in there and doing something but did feel worked and that is always important..mentally if nothing else!
Lisa, yes, football Saturday and maybe "phone in" the bday wishes!
Thank you both for the "lil guy" Bday wishes and Karen, I hope your canning nightmare is soon over, BUT, I WOULD NOT RUN!!!(unless you were pi$$ed at me) LOL!!!
Have a great weekend friends!

Tom, lol, no one runs from Karen! Unless you're on her s*** list. Then you'd better watch out or end up broken into pieces (woman is tough!). :) Karen, laughing at "I will not let it go to waste." That's me with any food about to go bad in the fridge. WE WILL EAT THIS FOOD...or else! I hate wasting food. You'd think I was a Depression Era baby.

Tom, hope you get some good TV time in. You can face time on the phone during the game. Multi-task!

Today was Total Body Giant Sets #2 Live from last week. I liked it better than #1, which is saying something because #1 is a go-to.

No, Karen, don't know anyone in the Hurricane's path. I feel so nervous and anxious for the people who live there, although I know that's nothing compared to living through it in real life. As Neil DeGrasse Tyson says, "this world is designed to kill us." It's really kinda crazy...

On that downer note, have a great weekend!

Something different today, kind of a "Light & long" Bench and dead day. This was interesting, I did a warm up set of bench at 115x10, then 135x20 15 10 and 5 and I was " chest fried"!! It was 50 reps, and even though it was light it really heated up ye ole pecs! Next were deads and again light and long, starting with a short warm up set at 205x5 conv, then 225x10 sumo and 225x10 conv. I finished with 2x25 cable crunches to balance out the posterior chain stuff. Now, BIG RED football time...hope it's a better experience this week!
Glad no one has loved ones in the hurricane area and hope y'all have a safe and healthy weekend!

Well, the football weekend was a disaster...AGAIN!! I just got home from the airport, DW took a nap since she had to get up at 3 AM and I REALLY wanted that nap too, but lifted instead. I sat around downstairs for probably 20 min trying to decide what to do and decided on bench, chins and seated db shoulder press. Bench was short and light up to 195x3, 205x2 195x3 175x8 and 155x10. Chins were 3x8 (not comfy, but done) and seated db presses (50s) x12 10 8 and called it a day. Hopefully tomorrow some kind of leg w/o, guess I will make it up when (and if) I get there!
Hope you both survived the weekend and Monday!

A quickie bwt leg w/o today.,short on time because I had to pick up a co worker at a car dealership. Air squats x 25/ single leg calf raises x25 and repeated 4x...that was it, but actually felt more quads than most leg days...go figure.,,off to Tom's Taxi service....do it right friends!

Good morning all! Yesterday was Mark Lauren. I think this week will be the last week of Mark Lauren Novice. I will be moving on to.....well, whatever comes after novice. This morning was Linda Wooldridge Mix and Match Series. Two Upper Body Mix and Match. Pretty good chest, back and arms work.
You're a good person, Tom. Worked your legs, and off to give a co worker a lift.
What's new Lisa? Has the air quality improved in your area? Ours improved for a day, now there are fires burning in Utah and Juab county. Been quite the summer. Then I heard some fool drove along I80 in Wyoming, throwing lighted (is that a word?) material out the window. Like my dad would always say "there's an a$$ for every seat!" Lib, how are you doing?
That's about it, guys. Off to can something. Sheeeesh!

Tom's Taxi Service is right! Yep, we always knew you are a good guy. Sorry for your football tears. :(

Karen, I know that winging it, Karen style, will definitely get the job done with the workouts. How do you like Linda Woolridge? I'm sure she's great, but seems more geared towards barre? Fires and air quality are all much better here. We can see the mountains and breathe! I'm sorry you are still suffering down there. Yep, there's an idiot screwing us all over every time. It only takes one...

Yesterday was legs. Today was boot camp. Sorry for the radio silence. Worked a ton this weekend on an important case and have more coming tomorrow. ..plus, that whole Mom thing. Not complaining, I love it. It just keeps me hopping!!!

Linda is hit or miss for me. When she first came on the scene, she seemed to be barre dominant. I’m not into barre. She has branched out, and can be quite creative. This was a pretty good upper body workout

Arm day and I started with REALLY LONG SETS! I usually feel I can go longer with skullcrushers than db curls with the same weight but today I matched the reps. Skullcrushers x 20 15 12 / db curls x20 15 12 ( 40s both) pushdowns x 10 9 8/ ez bar curls x10 9 8 (90) kickbacks x 15 12 12/concentration curls x6 ( I was fried!) 8( rallied) 7. My arms were noodles, the first long sets REALLY pre fried them...it was a good w/o! Sounds like you are both " doin yo thang"! Karen, hope the canning is slowing down or done..,is your next stuff Mark, or off to new killer stuff? Lisa, either job or parenting tough enough but both and working in lifting....you are a far better time manager than me!! Have a great hump day friends!

Shoulder day in Missouri with a little ab work thrown in. 4 sets of seated BB strict press 45x8 95x8 115x7 95x10, 3 sets of seated db press 50sx8 40s 2x10, side laterals/ front raise (25s) 3x8, rear delt flys 3x12 (45s), db shrugs (85s) 3x25, then went to leaning 1 arm side laterals 3x10 (25s) and finished with 2x25 cable crunches. My head is sitting on something, but I can't feel them!!
Karen, wish I had your thirst for variety...I just cannot seek out other workouts. I know I am SO repetive but just cant "walk off the edge" and mix it up! And Lisa, wish I had SOME love for cardio but....NOPE, just can't even make myself do much of it! Old and entrenched is what I am!! Glad you guys are "better n me"!!
Have a terrific Tuesday lifter girls!

Oh heck. What day of the week is it? Yep, that's how things are going. What I do know is that yesterday was an UB Live and today was Fit Legs Live from a couple weeks ago.

Tom, it's okay to not love the cardio. Some of us love it too much, lol. But I do consider myself a recovered cardio junkie since I now love the weights, too. You're doing awesome for yourself. Just keep it up!

Karen, thanks for the Linda Woolridge info. I have so much that I want to try, but her stuff will probably stay low on my list.

Have a great day, whatever day it is !!!!

Bench chins and light deads on for today. Bench was 10 sets total, heaviest was 195x5, then 175x8 155x8 135x12 10 10. For chins I started with a set of 2 with 50# added, followed by 2x8 bwt chins. Deads were just 205x8 conventional and sumo. Tomorrow I will try to do legs so went easy on deadlifts.
Lisa, wait until you retire because if you think " day tracking" is hard now??.!!
ITS FRIDAY!!! Make it yours friends

Terrible football day, terrible leg day, terrible terrible terrible! If my Huskers don't get this figured out I am going to need meds cause leg day obviously provides "inadequate endorphins"!! Today was 3x8 db squats, 2x8 db split squats (damn near died), 2x12 gob squats, 2x20 kb swings, and finishing with 3x25 BB calf raises. I had trouble dragging myself down there but glad I made it and my legs are tired even though nothing was very heavy. Conscience cleared but dauber still down! I thinkI need a new past time.....canning maybe??
Hope you all are having a better weekend than I am!

Conscience cleared but dauber still down! I thinkI need a new past time.....canning maybe??
LMAO!!!! You can join Karen's canning hell! I think you'll soon find that eating Twizzlers (right? that's your thing?) while watching your team lose is far more preferable. Am I right Ms Karen???

Cardio for me today. A long, walk/jog. Needed to clear my head.

Tom, are you staying semi-retired so that you can stay aware of the day of the week? Now I know your secret! I'm pretty good at knowing if it's Monday-Friday cuz, you know, DD1's school. Don't want to get arrested for causing truant behavior. Have a great rest of your weekend, my friends.

Oh yea Tom!!! Don’t even think about canning. It’s labor intense hell!! Chopping, mincing, dicing a dozen onions, 3 lbs jalapeños, 24 lbs of tomatoes etc, etc, etc. consider cleaning out your sewer line, better choice! Oh yea!
Today was an old Firm. Just wasn’t up for a butt kicking! What day is it? I think we’re officially into Autumn now. I’m depressed!! Quoting from “Game of Thrones,” Winter’s coming.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.