Lifting like girls

Chest and tris, and I'm shot! 13 sets of bench, definitely a little weaker ( may be the subbing protein for glucose thang), but I tried. Only did a double at 205, 2 triples at 195, then 175 x 8 6, 155 x 8 8 and 135 x 10 10 plus the short sets on the way up.It's a little disappointing when you feel like you are losing ground, but yunno, sh!/ happens and ya just gotta deal! I finished with 7 sets of tris, pushdowns 3x10, skullcrushers 3x10 and a burn out set of kickbacks x 21. After the w/o, I did a little plumbing..,WITH A HACK SAW!! Those plastic stems with plastic " bolts" are a nightmare and I always end up cutting them off, nothing EVER works to unscrew them. Anyway, crapper again works downstairs and that's important with grandkids...for sure! Hope everyone survives Monday!

I didn't get a workout in yesterday, the grandkids, puppy, AND DW were sleeping downstairs and I just couldn't wake them up, soooo, today was back, bi, and light legs. Giant sets for back and bi, chins x 8/ pullovers x 10 #90 (45s)/ 1 arm cable pulls x8 and repeated the circuit 3x. Bi's were ez bar curls x 8 (90)/ DB curls x8 (45s), repeat 3x, and 1 set of conc curls x8 (40). Legs were light (didn't get downstairs with my knee sleeve and too lazy to go get it! Bench squats 3x8 (115) gob squats 3x10 (50) and rev lunges 2x8 (30s) and 1 long set of BB calf raises 1x50 (115). Absolutely "nuttin" special, but at least "sompin" done! Have a great National Birthday celebration all!

Shoulder day, an 8 set pyramid of strict press 45x8 65x8 85x8 105x8 125x2 115x4 and 85x10, 3x10 of side laterals (30s),3x10 rear delt flys (50s) and 3x10 alternate front raise (30s), followed by 2 sets of seated db press (50s x 12 40s x 12) and a finishing set of BB shrugs (205x35), 20 sets in all. It felt like a good w/o, but had to start a little early since I have to be at work early today....all for me, hope you lifter lasses had a great Fourth!!

Been getting some great workouts in this week! Tuesday was Ramped Up Upper Body again. Wednesday was Athletic Conditioning Live for great cardio (sorry to make you cringe, Tom!). Today was another Fit Body by Julia, Superset Legs. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Tom, sorry you have to work today. The day after the 4th is so hard. Especially if you have neighbors lighting off fireworks until after 1am. Which we did. Ugh

Karen, how are you? I looked up Hannah Eden again because of your OD post. I have to admit that I LOVE her potty mouth. I bet her paid program is incredible.

Waves to you, Lib.

Have a great rest of the week!

Hey everybody! I have been keeping up with my workouts. Monday was the Tensile Strength workout. Tuesday was Cathe Live. I think it was the most recent, but then again, not sure. Yesterday was Tensile Strength, and today was another oldie, but goodie. VSH no less. Karen Voight's "Great Weighted Workout." It's an hour and half. When we reached the final body part, Abs, I was done. Did about five reps of the ab exercises, stretched and called it a day.
I'm so glad today wasn't a work day. We have a bunch of people on the street that think it's really cool to blow about $5000 up in smoke. Every year I dread Independence Day. The blasting doesn't stop until well after midnight. According to the city, it's 11:00pm. Nobody stops at 11:00, and nobody does anything about it. I open the windows at night. It cools off, and makes for a great sleep. Not last night! Windows shut, air conditioning blazing. They will be blasting straight through until the 24th, when Brigham and the gang decided this was the right place!
I agree Lisa! I'll bet Hannah has an incredible program. I just may go for it! I need to finish what I'm doing. Maybe after this! I love her potty mouth. She cracks me up! Take care Tom and Lib!

Last edited:
They will be blasting straight through until the 24th, when Brigham and the gang decided this was the right place!

LMAO!!! I know it's totally true! I feel for you. I, for one, will skip the Pie part of Pie and Beer day. But you can be guaran-damn-teed that I will be chugging a beer for Bro Brigham

ETA: just checked the local news. 6 new wildfires raging here after yesterday's explosions...er, "fireworks". Grrrrrr

Today was arm day pretty much same old same old and up being 20 sets 10 by 10 tri. 3x10 skullcrushers/ 3x8 db curl..3x10 pushdowns/ 3x10 ez bar curls..2x10 1x12 inclined tri ext and 2x8 1x10 dec curl and finished with a burn out set of kickbacks/ conc curls. All for me, enjoy the weekend friends!!

Did I ever mention how much I hate heights? Three feet up a ladder, and I'm having a panic attack. Well anyway, I got on the roof to clean my skylights, and assess the damage from the blasting. For some reason these damn things always seem to land on my roof. So here I am crawling around like Spiderman, and my neighbor wants to know "what the hell I'm doing!" He starts laughing, and told me to get down. Found a bunch of blasting remnants, and cleaned two skylights. So that's about it. Don't think I will do that again!

Did I ever mention how much I hate heights? Three feet up a ladder, and I'm having a panic attack

Me too! But how did you manage to be a firefighter??? Sorry for the damage to your sun windows.

Tom, glad us crazy chicks (hope that doesn't offend, Karen) can keep you chuckling!

Today was old school, inspired by Karen's Karen Voight workout, but mine was on a DVD. Cathe's Rhythmic Step DVD.

Did some bench and chins today, was planning on deads as well, but going to try to work a little on a retaining wall so may do abs and deads tomorrow. 8 sets of bench, short block on all. I videos 1 set and my elbows using a short block are as low as most people when they go to chest..,why is that...is it anatomical?? I feel pretty stretched and if I try to go lower it feels wrong! I guess it's academic cause I can't get there. My 8 sets were 115x8 165x5 185x5 200x3 3 3 165x10 115x20. Chins were x12 x10 x8. Off to get a dolly to get rid of an old trash compactor and " hit the wall"!!

1 set and my elbows using a short block are as low as most people when they go to chest..,why is that...is it anatomical??

IMHO you are right. Totally a matter of anatomy with benching. Flyes too, I think. Whatever you do keep avoiding the pain threshold. If it hurts, don't do it! ROM be damned.

Karen, totally get being in the firefighter "zone." Wish there was video of you in action. You're such a superhero.

Today was another Fit Body by Julia, Upper Body Strength. I try to gravitate to her workouts when she's pregnant because they are slightly. ..only slightly. ..less killer! Happy Saturday!

Tom you’re right! You do what works for you. Lisa, i love Julia. She’s a machine, and so are you! Hence ( do people say that any more?) your name! Still need to workout today. Think it will be yoga or some sort of stretching. Talk later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No deads today, after spending yesterday bent over with either a shovel, pick, hoe, or stone, I didn't think deads were a good idea....but I did balance the back work with a 9 set ab circuit, cable crunches x 25/ mountain climbers x 80 and a 1 min side plank each side, repeating the circuit 3x. It's back to the wall for me, before it gets hot, then another " potty repair"! Never ends, but I am terrible on home repair stuff so it's good for me. Karen, Lisa, and Lib, hope y'all have a " chill Sunday"!!

Back at it on Monday, which makes it sound like I did back work today. Not so! It was leg day galore. A KCM 30 min DVD plus my own supersets leg torture routine, copying some moves from Fit Body by Julia. Good glutes, I am glad it's over. :)

It's hard to get back into the swing of regular life after a fun holiday. Hope you are all managing ok today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.