Lifting like girls

Got up at 4:15 today...why...cause its ARM DAY!! Who does that??...probably the definition of LUNACY! Good arm day despite despicable timing, 12 sets of tri followed by 12 sets of bi. 4 sets of Skullcrushers, 4 sets of pushdowns, 3 sets of kickbacks and a finishing set of tricep pushups. For bi's, 4 sets of ez bar curls, 3 sets of db curls, 3 sets of decline curls and 2 sets of conc curls. Tomorrow is leg day and Sunday I will try to do abs and deads. We go to FL on Wed for a week, so not sure if I will get much in. If not, I will call it a rest week! KIck A$$ Commandos!!

Today I wanted a good core burn but didn't feel like holding weights in my hands, so I chose a YouTube Fitness Blender core and cardio workout. It was just the right thing for today.

Tom, nothing comes between you and those arm torture workouts, not even being up before the roosters will stop you!

Karen, I agree that 20 mins seems short. I'd be doing add on stuff too, but nothing more than an hour total. I try to stick to that, it keeps things more balanced for me. Who is the trainer in Ript90? I am not familiar with it.

TGIF, make it fun fun fun!

Hey all!! Lisa, the instructor is Jody Hendrix. I think he's a PT from Alabama. Not sure, but it sounds right. Not a very professional production. Looks like he filmed in his garage. The warm-up is the same for every workout. Push-ups to down dog and squats. There is no cooldown stretch, so you need to add your own, or use his separate deep stretch for stretching after every workout. Some things he says, need to be ignored like using his deep stretch as a warm-up. You never stretch cold muscles. Maybe he means stretching after you warm-up. I dunno. I ignore a lot of what he says. His workouts aren't bad, just need to be a little longer. I need to feel like I got my money's worth. I will keep using these. Just add a finisher or something short.
Talk more later.

Yipee!!! leg day down, but started with second day of chest this week. Since I did arms yesterday, I decided to keep the weight lighter and do some longer rep sets, so I used 135 and did 3 sets, x21 x15 x10 and finished with 1x12 db inclines. Even though it wasn't heavy, my chest felt worked and hopefully I can go heavy Monday. For legsI did 3x8 bench squats, 3x16 gob squats, sumo squats and kb swings and finished with calves, 3 sets of bb calf raises and 3 sets of single calf raises. I'm afraid my heavy bb squat days are over, I started with 135 and I was going to try to do conventional deeper squats but after the 4th rep I went to bench squats. My right knee just vetoes those and if I get heavy on bench squats it does those too! I skate by on gobs and sumos I guess because the weight is lighter. I looked back on some much older logs and I was using 285 for BB squats, but I don't think I was ever able to go very deep, still depressing! Life goes on...hopefully awhile longer! Gonna try to do some core work tomorrow and maybe some deads even though following leg day with deadlifts maybe is not the greatest planning. Off to the city for an oil change and new battery...fun fun fun! Enjoy the weekend ladies, -5 here this morning...NOT COOL! (well, actually, technically, I guess it is!)

Karen, thanks for the info. Sheesh, if the guy's a PT, he should know better than to stretch a cold muscle. Not really a problem for a fitness professional like you since you know the proper protocol, but scary for someone who is just starting out and doesn't know better. I don't necessarily mind crappy production if the workout is good. The Fitness Blender channel on YouTube is literally a husband and wife personal trainer duo in their garage with a white background, no music. But...the workouts are great, balanced, tough but not insane, and I like their personalities. So I keep coming back!

Tom, leg day conquered! High fives! Stay warm. Sure you don't want to give coffee another try? Keeps you warm and toasty (says the lady who loves iced coffees even in the dead of winter)

Today was Dec 28 2017 Pump Party Live. This is the second time I have done this workout. I love the format. Great total body weights routine!

Have a great weekend!

I tried my version of a "metabolic" w/o or, since I don't really know what that is, what I THINK is a metabolic w/o. I kept the reps low and tried to eliminate rest as much as I could (short breaks to log at the end of each series of 4...and to BREATHE several times!!! Pretty much total body.
My circuit was chin ups x5
deadlifts (225) x5
cable crunches x 15
seated db presses(50s) x5, but last 2 sets were x10
I repeated this circuit 4 times and was sucking serious air (may have more to say about my conditioning than the w/o ...unfortunately!) I finished with 5 minutes of planks and side planks. This felt more cardio than anything else, but I know I need some of that....I guess?? When I don't go real heavy I feel like I am missing a day I cant get back, but I know I need both rest AND cardio..of some sort, so this was my attempt! I think I did at least get a little lat,posterior chain, shoulder, some bi and tri and core, so all good I guess. I will try to get chest and tris tomorrow, then back and bi Tuesday, then off to warmer weather and probably "slackerdom"!! Hope all is well for my iron pushing friends!!

Chest and tri day. 8 sets flat bench, 3 sets incline, and for tris, 3 sets skullcrushers, 3sets pushdowns and 2 sets kickbacks.. We had ice here yesterday and most schools are closed, but I hope the roads are drivable! May be a slower than normal commute. Start the week off right ladies!

Wow, was NOT into it this morning, one of those minimal sleep nights, but I DID do it! Back and bi day, 3 sets of chin ups, pullovers, and 1 arm cable pulls, followed by 2 sets of ez bar curls, db curls, conc curls and decline curls. I lightened up the ez bar curls and did sets of 15 and 12 just to save wear and tear...or at least that was my (probably flawed) logic. I doubt I will have a chance to do anything before we leave tomorrow, but we will see. May not have another "official" w/o until next week but will try to do something. Keep up the good work friends!

Tom, I felt the same way this morning. Got it done anyway. Did Step Jump and Sweat Live from Oct 2016. Not really sure how to categorize the workout other than "random training" which is what Cathe kept saying during the workout. It's not my favorite Live but it was definitely sweaty!

Have a great day today!

What was it with last night. Got up dragging butt, and it was leg day, as well. RIPT90 legs aren’t terrible, and I love legs, so it’s all good. Squats all different kinds, Lunges and calves. It was a quad burner more than anything. Not so much glutes or hamstrings. About 30 minutes. So all is good. Abs were also scheduled, but no time. Will do after work. That’s about it. Do either of you watch “Black Mirror” on Netflix? Quite dark, but interesting. Season 1 episode 1, was a little disturbing, but it is a good series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Karen, never heard of Black Mirror. Is it popular? I'm so out of it. We don't have Netflix but there are so many successful shows on it! I do have a hard time with dark shows. I'm a wimp. Glad you got those legs in yesterday and that today was fun!

Tom, you on your way to warmer weather at your DS's place?

Today was core-focused HiiT, a mix of Fitness Blender and Shelly Dose from YouTube. Time flew by, which is a good sign that I liked it. :)

Upper body weights for me today. A Fitness Blender workout.

Karen, are you still eating vegan? Have you seen the new pea protein milks in the store? Near the almond, cashew, etc milks in the refrigerator section. It's higher protein than the other alternative milks but I've received mixed reviews on the taste so curious if you have given it a go? I probably would just use it in coffee so I guess the straight up taste doesn't matter too too much...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.