Lifting like girls

Today was designed to prevent "Santa belly"! I did a circuit of inclined sit ups/ cable crunches/ hanging knee raises and did this 3 times. I finished with 5 min of side planks..x60x45x30x15 seconds rotating sides, and finished with a set of pushups. Over and out here....Merry Christmas!

I know it is not Monday but seems like it! Hope you both had a great Christmas! Yesterday I did sneak in chest and tris, 8 sets of bench and 2 sets of skullcrushers, tri pushdowns and kickbacks. Today was back and bi, 3 sets of chins, pullovers and 1 arm cable pulls and 2 sets of ez bar curls, db curls, conc curls and decline curls. Really cold here and we did have a white Christmas ( I like green and warm) only a couple of inches but at least it was probably great for the kids!
Off to work...more "grip em and rip em" (sounds harsh, I promise I am nice). Have a great day after friends!

Yes it does feel like a Monday. This week is usually a bust for me. I do something just to keep the blood moving. Today was no exception. Dead Lift Killer from RIPT90. I'm giving these workouts a trial run. Beginning January, I will do a rotation with RIPT90, and Donica Storino's BELL BABE. Yea I know, the title drives me crazy too.
Tom, you are more ambitious than I am. Working out on Christmas? I sat all day eating fabulous chocolates, only sharing with whatever neighbor came by for a visit. It was so decadent and delicious! Today I'm feeling like a slug. Oh well, January is just around the corner.
Lisa, I'll bet your Christmas was fabulous! It's so much fun having little kids around, so much excitement!
Take care, all!! Tomorrow is a work day!

My friends! Hello! I've enjoyed keeping up with your posts! Our Christmas was "activity" focused. I have realized that what I remember most is not the gifts I got as a kid, but the family time (or sadly, in my case, the lack thereof). We did lights on the house, decorated the tree, snuggled on the couch watching The Grinch and Frozen Christmas one zillion times, ate meals, wrote letters to Santa, went to Church, and played in the snow with hot chocolate after, etc etc etc. The kids were great. Only downer was that we all got sore thtoars and runny noses on Christmas Eve. Especially my baby boy. He's getting better, didn't ever have a fever, praise Heaven. Best part of Christmas was his toy truck. He's not even 9 months yet but he (we) opened the truck and he instinctively knew what to do with it. Like "me, boy! This my truck! Truck go vroom vroom and beep beep!" He loves it! Okay, end of boring parent stories...

I kept up with my workouts. Don't remember them all, but on Christmas I did Hooked on Legs Live. That's right, Tom!!! Leg day was my Christmas present to me!!! I thought of you and knew you would call me nuts...

Karen, blame it on the chocolate. It's too delicious for its own damn good and then it uses its bewitching power to cast a spell over our brains. I get it! Yeah, who are the people that name some of these workout DVDs? I don't really care either if the workout is good but you'd think that there would be a better screening process for titles! Sounds like you and your DH (I totally Lol'd at Grandpa Santa, which is a title of honor) had a nice, low key day. Did it snow? We got dumped on. So nasty. Plus the inversion is here to keep the roads nice and icy and the sky nice and dark. SAD light time!!!

Tom, sounds like you are trucking along. Did you get your DW something fancy as compensation for dealing with you the other 364 days of the year, lol! I bet thinking of your upcoming trips is keeping your spirits up despite the snow. Does it typically melt quickly or does it sit for weeks at a time like it does here?

Well, super long post. Most importantly I want to say that you both are terrific people and I treasure our friendship. I look forward to reading all of your posts. I also miss our other check in buddies. I especially pray for Lib. Hope she is in good health

Yep, NO SHOW LEG DAY...AGAIN!!!!!!! Today I did shoulders and was going to do legs but traps were so fried I didnt think holding heavy dumbbels and kettlebells would go well for me soooo, looks like Sat! For shoulders, 20 sets starting with 8 sets of strict press, 4 standing, 4 seated, followed by 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys, alt front raises and db shrugs. Yesterday was our anniversary, 43 years, but since I had to work, we decided to go to Kansas City today. I'm pretty sure I took leg day off BECAUSE it was our anniversary...????(anybody buying that??), but I know guilt will shame me into it Friday, after arms , or most likely Saturday....or Sunday??...gonna happen! Karen, deadlift killer sounds brutal, but Bell Babe...yeah, I LIKE the sound of that!! Males and trucks Lisa, starts early! lol! Sounds like you both had a fun Christmas, whether it is chocolate or kids...or BOTH!! Lisa, I miss our friends too and hope Lib is well and Justine and Roz. I find myself thinking about them and hoping nothing tragic happened. Do Thursday up right Ladies!

Wow, can you smell what the tslop is cookin???? Fried upper appendages! yummm! Definitely kicked my own a$$ today with 15 sets of tris, followed by 15 sets of bis. I thought I would completely exhaust one group then do the other. I did 5 set pyramids, longer reps at lighter weight and making sure all sets were work and the last set of each pyramid was fail or near fail. Started with 5 sets of skullcrushers, tri pushdowns and kickbacks, followed by ez bar curls. db curls and decline curls. I started with a weight I could do 12-15 reps, then 10-12 reps, then 8-10 reps back to 10-12 and finished with a set to fail, but no sets were less than 8.These things should grow like they have been fertilized!! Was a great workout and I think I will revisit it....IF I LIVE!! I guess leg day is tomorrow..something to look forward to....like dismemberment!! Hope the weather for your weekends is better than ours..below 0 temps and possible ice??? Cant fake the zeal! Happy New Year friends!!

Hi friends! Tom, you killed it today!!! Take that zeal and apply it to legs tomorrow, okay?

Karen, how are you?

Yesterday was XTRAIN Legs and today was KCM Kickboxing. My Upper Body is still sore from Wednesday, which was Buff Upper Body Live. Have a great Friday and a great weekend! Happy New Year to you both. Thanks for a terrific 2017 together here on the Forum check in. 2018 is looking just as good, if not better! Be back next Tuesday. Until then, cheers! Be safe

Hey guys. I'm using this week as a rest week. No particular reason, just not feeling it. So, I will be back at it Monday. Nice work, both of you. Here's wishing both of you a great new year, and many thanks for the last year. Until Monday!!!! Be safe!

Football...chest, legs,.... football! 6 sets of bench to get my 2nd bench day in this week, followed by 12 sets of legs: 3 sets of bench squats, gob squats, sumo squats and kb swings and 3 sets of BB calf raises and 3 sets of single leg calf raises and 1 set of donkey presses and NOW....back to football! Have a great weekend and be safe friends!

Fit in a quick ab/posterior chain day. 3 sets of crunches, 3 sets of cable crunches,5 min of alt side planks followed by 4x8 sets of light deads, 2 sumo and 2 conv. Only pro football today so I think its "movie day" with a party tonight (at our age probably NONE of us will see midnight)!! I'm done with the spoiled pro guys, no more interest! Stay safe tonight Commandos (get a driver....still party!!) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Chest and tris, 2018! Boy, is it cold..-13 this morning with a wind chill of -26....not Idaho cold but COLD!!! Hope y'all are faring better!
Today was 10 sets of bench, 4 sets of inclined bench and finished chest with 1 set of pushups to F..Didn't take long lol! For tris, 2 sets of skullcrushers, tri pushdowns and kickbacks and wow, are tris harder on a 15 set chest day.! Hope NO hangovers with the Commando crew. Stay warm friends and wishing you a great start to 2018!

Happy 2018! Are we all ready to knock it out of the ballpark this year? Yep, I thought so!

Yesterday for my Jan 1 workout, I went with Metabolic Mash-up Live. My legs were a bit sore from that this morning, but I wanted to do a leg day, so I did ICE Lower Body Blast DVD.

Tom, let me be clear...that's way worse than Idaho cold, at least my part of the state. If we ever reached a windchill of negative 26, I'd be telling my DH it's time to pack up the family and move to a warmer climate. Hang in there, that's miserable stuff. Keep those workouts coming. The endorphins should help!

Karen. How are you? Have you enjoyed your rest and recovery time? Are you back to the daily engineering job yet?

As you probably guessed I slept in yesterday and it wasn't even leg day! Today I did make up back and bi, 3sets of chin/pullups, the middle set I did overhand wide, the other 2 underhand wide, 3 sets ofpullovers, 3 sets of 1 arm cable pulls and for bi's, 2 sets of ez bar curls, 2 sets of db curls, 2 sets of decline curls and a finishing set of conc curls. Will catch leg day either tomorrow or Friday or Sat, but will DO IT.On my drive to work yesterday the car thermometer registered -14, but it warmed up to a balmy +17 for the ride home (lovin the heat wave)! Have a goodun friends!

Shoulder day for me and again I started with strict press but I did them seated and really fried my shoulders...seems that they really isolate shoulders and less wasted energy stabilizing and by just using slight incline it seems to take some stress off the shoulders for me, but really fried them...strange! When I do them standing it really is uncomfortable so these may be my new strict press standard. I followed with 3x10 side laterals, rear delt flys, alt front raise and 3 long sets of db shrugs, 20 sets in all. I was going to add legs, but after this I didn't want anything on my traps and didn't want to hold any dumbbells either! Tomorrow I have to go into work for a class at 7 AM, which means I will have to get up at 4:45 just to get arms in so I guess it will be Sat for legs. Hope you all are well!

Tom, back to school for you tomorrow morning? Ain't those continuing education requirements fun? Legs will be waiting for you on Sat. By the way, went to the dentist yesterday...of the non-prison variety ...and no cavities! :)

Karen, looking forward to your report!

Yesterday was Upper Body Express Live and today was a KCM Step boxing DVD. My legs are still sore from Monday and Tuesday. Weird! Have a great day today!

Hey guys! I spent all weekend figuring out a rotation for the next three or four months. Started it, and my triceps are still sore from Monday. I'm doing a Ript90 rotation along with a kettlebell rotation. While the Ript90 workouts are decent, they are only about 20-30 minutes long. I want something a little longer. Not into the 90 minute workouts any more, but these seem just too short. Some of Mark Lauren's programs were short like this, but I was sweaty hot mess when I finished. With Ript90 I'm barely working up a sweat. The fact that it's 30 degrees outside, may have something to do with it. I'll give it another week. However, I saw snippets of "Cathe Live" this morning. It looked like a fun one. Maybe this weekend. Monday was "Minute By Minute," Tuesday "Chest Shredder," Wednesday "Metabolic Mania" and today was stretching. A lot of push-ups three days in a row. My triceps are still screaming.
That's about it for now. Talk later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.