Lifting like girls

I got a little core work in today, 4 sets of deads, 205x5, 255x2 and singles at 295 and 315. All were sumo except the first set I did conventional. To balance the posterior chain out I did 6 min of planks, doing 90 sec on both elbows, 60 sec each side, 60 sec on both with alternate knee to chest, 30 sec each side and 30 sec on both with alternate knee to chest. I followed this with 100 cable crunches, x35 x30 x20 x15. Short and sweet and no guilty conscience because at least I did something today besides watching "fooball"!!

Tom, I remember the Soloflex infomercials from back in the day! Thanks for the info. We should check Craigslist and Play it Again Sports. Good reminder. Don't manly grunt too much during the football game. Remember that sitting on the couch is much different from being on the field, lol

Karen, hope you have a great Saturday workout

Today I did Cathe Buff Upper Body Live from a couple weeks ago. It's amazing how she manages to burn the entire upper body in such a short time with such limited equipment. She has "the gift". :) Be back after the long weekend, probably Tuesday. Party hard my friends

Back to chest and tris on a Monday.I did bench sets at 45, 115, 135, 155, 175, 195, 185, 175 155 135, all sets in the 4-10 rep range.next were dumbbell inclined bench, 65's x10, 55'sx12 x10. For tris 3x10 pushdowns, 2x8 skullcrushers, 2x15 double arm kickbacks, and finished with 1x50 crunches. I wasn't sure I would be able to do chest, left shoulder was sore still, but loosened up as the w/o progressed...glad for that! Hope y'all have a great Labor Day!

Back and Bi, 3x8 chin ups, 3x10 pullovers, 4x10 lat pulldowns, 3x10 ez bar curls, 2x10 dumbbell curls, 2x10 conc curls and 1x30 ladder curls. Despite the consistency of reps( most 10 rep sets) I was near fail on many sets so I guess "mission accomplished"! Hope my fellow Commandos had a fun packed Labor Day weekend!

Lisa, check out Amazon. I have found great "bargains" there. We bought our squat cage there. I will send you the link when I get home. A very good friend of mine bought this locally made cage, and absolutely loves it. Very sturdy!! https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/29879730
Did Metashred Cardio yesterday. Just fried myself. That one just knocks me out. Today is Metashred Upper Body Cardio. Not as difficult as lower body, but still a knockout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did arrive for leg day! I did dumbbell squats, again, 6x10 starting with 40s and bumping up 10# a dumbbell each set. Next were kb swings 3x20, dumbbell calf raises 3x25 and single, unweighted calf raises 3x20, My traps really get used on these types of leg day because I am doing a lot of reps with heavy dumbbells, today, 135 reps holding dumbbells and 60 reps with the kettlebell.......shoulder day tomorrow may be interesting. Lisa, I hope you find a rack that works, they really makes w/o's a lot more efficient. Off to remove noxious elements from persons in need! Make hump day fun my friends!

Karen, thanks for the rack info. Going to contact the guy in SLC. It looks like he custom builds to your specs. Cool! We'll compare him to the other squat rasck candidate we have in mind, a Rogue Rack, and go from there. When I read your workout yesterday all I could think was the boxing phrase TKO! Whew!

Tom, round of applause for leg day attendance! Whoo hoo!

Today was upper body from Fitness Blender. Fun! Hard to believe it's already Wednesday. Love these short weeks

Another shoulder day, pretty much samo samo but did lighten most things some, tired traps and sore shoulders. Strict press3x10, 1x3, dumbbell press 2x12, 1x10, side laterals 3x12, rear delt flys 3x12, alternate front raise 3x12, and 1x25 dumbbell shrugs (pretty well covered that one yesterday). As a finisher, I did 3x20 cable crunches but did up the weight on these. Beautiful weather here, temps in the low to mid 70s...PERFECT!! Do Thursday right Ladies!

Sitting in Costco. Getting new tires. Been here for 2 hrs. Have 45 mins or so left to wait. didn't have an appt, my fault, but it us NOT supposed to be this busy midday. Figures it would be today, geez. May as well check in with my workout. Kelly Coffey Meyer Ready Step Go DVD

Shoulders and abs got worked today by Tom. Nice job! Glad you have good weather. It is hot hot hot and there are so many wildfires blazing in the Pacific Northwest right now that our air quality is RED, which means safe for no one. We've been homebound with the exception of Costco today for 2 days. Just can't justify taking my babies out in thus air. You can literally feel the ashes and debris in the air. Horrible!

Karen, any wildfire smoke blowing your way? Oh. Did I mention the earthquakes we've had? Minor but still! It'd like the Apocalypse here!

Hi guys!!! Yesterday was a recovery day, abs and mobility work. Today was lower body Metamatrix. Some days these workouts are killer, but BJ is still amusing. (But I've heard it all before.) One of the talent was Bruce Willis stunt double for years. He's quite fine, but definitely younger than Bruce. The two women, also have fabulous physiques. I may do this for another six weeks. It has given me great arm and shoulder definition.
Great work, Tom. You have got to be the most dedicated guy ever. You too, Lisa!! Even with three kids.
Our air quality is terrible. Fires make this time of year just awful. You can barely see the mountains.

Happy Friday Commandos! Ladies, really sorry about the fires and crap air quality..hope they get them contained soon.
Today for me was arm day. It's been a pretty good week, chest DOMS after chest day, Lat DOMS after back and bi day, Trap DOMS after leg day??, well anyway, most things made sense! Today was pretty much a repeat of many arm days, pushdowns 3x10/ ez bar curls 3x10, skullcrushers 3x12/ dumbbell curls 3x10, crossbody tris 3x10/ conc curls 3x10. I seem to be a little beat up right now, I may be too old to do this, but not going to stop because I feel a sense of pride because I DO do it! When I miss a day it ruins my outlook on everything and the guilt is hard to take, so I am going to keep trudging on and modifying as needed. I get a lot of outside reinforcement and that helps and you, my friends, help me keep my nose to the grindstone....much respect for you both and thank you!! IT'S FRIDAY !!!! Do the weekend right.

Today was a core day. Nothing intense, crunches, x50 x40 x30/ straight leg deads (ultra light) x15 x12 x10, one set of vertical leg lifts/ 1 leg glute bridges, planks, elbows on the bench, front, side and even back and cable crunches x40 x25 and finished with a short airdyne ride (2 miles).DW heads to Colorado tomorrow to get together with high school friends then Wed, she flies from there to FL...hopefully it is still there! Our son has boarded up his windows and they have friends coming up from Hollywood FL to stay with them since they are 40 miles inland. We have been watching a lot of weather channel lately! Have a great weekend friends.

My younger son and family survived Irma, when I say survived, I mean they played video games thru it!! He sais he lost some shingles and a small tree but that seemed to be all...hasn't been able to check his condo yet, hopefully its still there.
Today for me was chest and tri. I did a 10 set pyramid of bench from 45_205_135. 1x15 dumbbell inclines,then for tris, skullcrushers x8x10x10, pushdowns 3x10 and double arm kickbacks 3x12, All in all, good work was had! Monday again my friends, try to survive!

Tom. So great to hear that your family is safe!

Busy here, still working out tho. Friday was Cathe's Birthday Blast Live. This was tougher than I expected! Saturday was Totally Pumped Total Body Live. Today was ICE Legs & Glutes. I used heavier weight than Cathe and added a few extra reps to bump it from intermediate to advanced!

Hope your week starts off in a super way!

Good Morning Iron workers! Back and bi day and for back I upped the excercises to 4 sets each, 4x8 chins, 4x10 pullovers and 4x10 lat pull downs. For bi's, 3x10 ez bar curls, 2x8 dumbbell curls, 2x10 decline curls and 1 set of 21's. I think I will feel this....I hope so! Lisa...way to compete!! Love the fact you are getting in to the heavy stuff...way to go! Karen, you still "shreddin"?? Have a "goodun" friends!

Oh my gosh, I'm sore. This program is the best. Go as heavy and as fast as you want. Always sore.
Glad everyone is safe in Florida, Tom. Will post later, after my workout tonight. It's upper body. Have a great day!!

I love you guys, how we celebrate each other's sore muscles! We are a tough, muscled bunch for sure. You two are doing great work, as always.

Running like a crazy headless chicken, just trying to keep up with life stuff! Today was a short but good upper body workout.

Love that you're getting shredded right before sweater season, Karen! (not that you weren't already shredded) but lol on me envisioning you in a tank top on the ski slopes to show off those guns!

Yesterday was upper body, and again I am sore. The more I work this program, the more I love it. I will be taking next week off. I am getting eyebrows, and I have been told no sweating for 5 days after the procedure. I will let you know how it goes. As long as I don't look like someone from the 1940's I will be happy. I remember watching the movie "Mommy Dearest." I can't remember the 1940's actress, the movie was about, but she had quite the eyebrows.
Tank top on the slopes!!! That could be interesting. Years ago, we wore cutoff levis, and t shirts for spring skiing, That was fun. Three kids will keep you hopping, Lisa. Nice job, fitting in a workout. You as well, Tom! You're like a machine, gitter done every morning.
Well, that's about it guys. Talk tomorrow. Make it great! I remembered her name. Joan Crawford. Eyebrows and all!

Last edited:
Karen, I guaran-damn-tee you that you are no Mommy Dearest! But I do think Joan Crawford was considered rather glam in her time, yes? Another Crawford with brows comes to mind...supermodel Cindy Crawford! Either way I think you're in good shape. Is this a tattoo type procedure? I have always wondered about getting permanent eyeliner.

What about you, Tom? Any permanent makeup procedures planned? Lol! Gotta have the glam to match the guns!

Today was Fitness Blender HiiT cardio and abs. This has been such a long day, feels like this morning was 2 weeks ago! Sheesh

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.