Lifting like girls

Yesterday was cardio with Cathe's Rockout Knock out DVD and today was weights with Cathe's Total Body Giant Sets Live (an all time fave Live).

Good work, Tom. Cathe's newsletter recently had an article about the importance of the posterior chain. Probably especially good for a dentist who hunches over patient's teeth all day!

Karen, hi hi hi!

Have a fun, play-filled weekend y'all.

Thursday was Metagainz Lower Body, Friday was Metagainz Upper Body. There is a separate workout for abs, and mobility and massage. They are all very good. Today is a recovery day, so I think I will do all three. I really like this program, and highly recommend if anyone is interested. He moves very quickly from one exercise to the other, but once you get it down, it's all good. He is quite funny, however if you are easily offended, he may be a put-off. Quite a few double entendre's. But, there are times when I am laughing out loud! The talent have amazing physiques. Very happy that I made the purchase, but I will be attending a DVD Anonymous meeting tonight.
See you all on Monday. Make it great!

Last edited:
Karen, I am not at all easily offended, especially when working out! During a tough workout my inner pirate comes out. Dang, now I have to look at these DVDs!

And hey, before you head out for tonight's Vidiot Anon meeting, I need help with a dilemma. I want to preorder Cathe's new DVDS but it's $13 for shipping. WTH? I already own everything else Cathe has produced so it's not like I can really buy anything else to get to the free shipping level. What's a gal to do?

Karen, I am not at all easily offended, especially when working out! During a tough workout my inner pirate comes out. Dang, now I have to look at these DVDs!

And hey, before you head out for tonight's Vidiot Anon meeting, I need help with a dilemma. I want to preorder Cathe's new DVDS but it's $13 for shipping. WTH? I already own everything else Cathe has produced so it's not like I can really buy anything else to get to the free shipping level. What's a gal to do?
I hear ha on that one! I thought the same thing. I have everything she owns, and it's not like we can buy a shirt or firewalkers anymore. So, I just bit the bullet! Yes, I definitely need tonight's meet! And, that's my story.......

Guess who got a second leg day in this week????? Yup, that would be ME!! Not a major workout but a leg day just the same. I did 4 sets of dumbbell squats, 2 sets of dumbbell reverse lunges, 2 sets of dumbbell static lunges, 3 sets of dumbbell calf raises and 3 sets of single unweighted calf raises. That actually makes 7 days this week and hit most things twice except shoulders...can't seem to find a way to get them twice...will have to work on that, maybe Sat would be a good day...just me talking to myself lol! Sounds like y'all need "video antibuse"! I'm safe because I am to lazy to attempt what you do! Finish the weekend right Ladies!

Reporting a "pec fire" ! Wow, had a great chest day, lotsa reps and "fried stuff". I did 13 sets of flat bench, short reps after warm ups then higher volume on the way down. I did warm up sets at 45 and 115 then short sets at 165, 185, 205, 215 and shorter rom at 225 for a double, then 205x5x3, 185x8x6, 165x8x8, flys 3x8 using 50s , inclined bench with dumbbells (stayed with 50s cause I was TIRED!) x14 12 12, inclined flys x12 12 10 (I dropped to 40s for these), My chest was on fire and it felt soooooo good (in a warped way) I finished with tris and dropped weight some from the usual because I was pooped! 3 set of pushdowns, 2 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of double arm kickbacks. I ended up with 22 sets of chest and 7 sets if tris. All in all a very good day, no injuries and weight displaced! Have a great Monday Ladies!

Tom, better call the Fire Dept for those scorched chest muscles! I'm still shocked by yesterday's bonus leg day! High fives!

Karen, make any "gainz" today? I think I am just going to bite the bullet too and pay for shipping on Cathe's new DVDs. I'm not happy about it but it will still be cheaper than buying later

Today was Monday leg day. Did Jessica Smith TV YouTube high step legs. Then added bodyweight legs moved. Had a great workout for a Monday.

Back and bis today, 4x8 chins, the first 2 sets were over/under grip (alternate hand) and the second 2 sets were both underhand, Next 3x8 barbell row, 3x10 pullovers and 1 arm cable pulls x8x8x7 (bumped up the weight 10# and wow..tough!) For bi's, 3x10 seated dumbbell curls and I finished with exercise new to me and about died! I tried ladder curls...saw a girl on youtube doing these, she was a bodybuilder with serious guns and was using a really light weight. I thought I would start with 35's...got half way thru and had to switch to 30's...like to died, had to rest in the middle of the set and on the last set went clear down to 20's and still tough! My arms were burning...gotta go back to these! The way she did them was 1 curl, rest 1 sec, 2 curls rest 1 sec, 3 curls 1 sec rest, 4 1 sec rest, 5 1 sec rest, another 5 1 sec rest, 4 1 sec rest etc etc down to 1...BRUTAL!! I only did 6 sets of bis and I think they were the most wiped out (after all the back stuff) they have been in awhile. Off to rehabilitate..have a terrific Tuesday my friends!

Love trying out new workout moves, Tom. I will have to look up ladder curls.

Karen hey!

Today I did Pop Sugar (a YouTube workout channel) 45 min Tabata Cardio. I really liked it. Different from other instructor's styles, which keeps it fresh. Take care everyone!

Karen, hope things aren't too crazy for you right now! I tried another Pop Sugar workout today, a 60 min Cardio Kickboxing, can't remember the name but it was from March of this year. So far the channel is 2 for 2. I think I am going to have to start exploring this channel more!

Tom, hope you are having a good Iron Head day!

Ok, that does it!! Pop Sugar is on my list.
Monday was Metacardio Lower body. Tuesday was Metacardio Upper body, and today was Abs and Mobility. Everything in this Metashred is metabolic, so, more cardio. The upper body was definitely easier than lower body. Tomorrow is Metamatrix Lower Body, and Friday will be Metamatrix Upper Body. He moves very quickly from one to the other exercise, so pausing the DVD is a common occurance. Just to get set up. But, I'm liking it a lot, so it is a keeper. Not much going on here. It is hot, and the "dog days of summer," big time.
That's about it! Make it the best!

Well....nope, didn't make it to leg day....yet. I am going to do shoulders today and will do some kind of leg w/o in St Louis this weekend. We are going to " dog sit" while son 1 and wife go on a float trip. He has power blocks so I will do arms Fri and legs Sat....PROMISE!!! Off to do shoulders and will report in!

Shoulder day done! 6 sets of strict press..lighter and longer sets, 3 sets side laterals, 3 sets of rear delt flys, 3 sets alternate front raise and finished with 3 sets of seated dumbbell shoulder press. All but 1 set of strict press were in the 10 - 16 rep range. I thought I might do some abs but just lost ambition toward the end! Guess that's it for me...do it right my friends!!

St louie arm day., all dumbbell. Started with skullcrushers 1x15/ dumbbell curls 1x12 (35s) After warm up, skullcrushers 3x12-15/ dumbbell curls 3x10 (45s), double arm kickbacks 2x15/ stability ball decline curls 2x10 (40s), again double arm kickbacks/ hammer curls 3x10 and finished with tri pushups 1x30 and concentration curls 1x12 (40). I get winded even on arm day...need more cardio just can't pull the trigger! Have a great weekend friends...tomorrow is some type of leg day!

Yesterday, Metamatrix Lower Body. BJ Gaddour has some of the best lower body workouts ever. My glutes and legs are on fire when I have finished the workout. Love this guy! Today is upper body. Should be just as good!
This morning was the most gorgeous sunrise ever. Pink, red, orange with a little turquoise thrown in. The sun about to peak over the mountains. Wanted to take a picture, but I was driving, soooo probably not a good idea.
Kick some butt! LATER!

Nice workouts everyone! Tom, you know how I feel about cardio. ..DO IT! :) Karen, I am sooooo going to buy this program. I love metabolic strength training. Is it with weights or BW? Also, the website to buy is Rodale?

Karen, Pour over coffee? Is that a version of cold brew? I need more info! Tom you are missing out on this coffee deliciousness!

So, yeah, the workouts! Yesterday was Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Mins to Fitness Weights DVD, today was Fitness Blender BW Butt & Thigh, tomorrow will be Upper Body of some sort.

Got a busy few days ahead, probably won't post until mid next week but will definitely pop in to Like what I read! Take care of yourselves, friends

Tough leg day but they ALL are! Today was legs, and and TRAPS!! All dumbbell work...6 sets of 10 squats holding 2 dumbbells ( 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s ....TRAPS were on fire)! / hanging leg raises 6x8. Next 1x8 rev lunges and 1x8 static lunges ( both sets with 40s). 1x30 double dumbbell calf raises ( back to 90s) but by now my right forearm was bothering me so I went to single unweighted calf raises x25x20x15 and finished with 1x25 ab wheel roll outs. I feel like I should have a Dowager hump like a Brahman bull lol! I would have TRAPS from my ears to my shoulders if I did this w/o too often. Make Saturday fun y'all!! By the way, way too many vices to add coffee to MY list!

Chest and tris for me fellow Commandos! I wanted to do longer chest sets today so I lightened up and did 7 sets, 5x12 and only got to 9 on 2 sets. After flat bench I did 2x10 flat flys, 2x10 inclined bench and 2x10 inclined flys. For tris, 3x10 pushdowns, 2x10 skullcrushers and 2x20 double arm kickbacks. My abs are really sore from my leg day 6 sets of hanging knee raises I think. I did do 25 ab wheel roll outs but I think it is from the hanging stuff...feels really good, seems to be hard to get the abs sore...I likes it!! I was about to sign off and, while staring at the floor, I decided to finish the fry and do a set of push ups....bout died...but DID finish the fry!! Make Monday great again friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.