Lifting like girls

I think I'm back on track now. Didn't forget anything today. Good job, Tom!!! I love shoulder day. Right up there with leg day. I agree Lisa, doing a Mark workout in the kitchen, not good! I hate it when sweat gets in my food, just makes it too salty.
So, Tuesday:
1. Scorpion Overkicks
2. Prisoner Squat with hop
3. Wide Tripod Push-up
4. Skydivers arms at Y
45 seconds work, 15 seconds rest. Working each exercise for 6 sets then moving to the next exercise.
Wednesday was a perfectly timed rest day.
Today:
1. Iron mikes 6reps, 3 each side
2. Wide Tripod Push-ups 6/3
3. One leg RDL with twist 8/4
4. Let Me Ups 6
Not many reps, how many circuits done in 24 minutes? I got 14.
I have been previewing Metashred Extreme from Men's Health. One hellacious program. But, I am so intrigued, I may have to try it. It has a big focus on the legs and glutes. Did I ever tell you, I love working legs and glutes? Well, I do!
Well, that's about it for today, friends. Tomorrow is the last day, wish I had some fireworks! NOT!
Talk to you later, make it great!

Arm day! Tri pushdowns/ ez bar curls 4x8, skullcrushers 4x12/ dumbbell curls 4x10, double arm kickbacks x12 x16/ conc curls 2x10. A Friday "feel good" morning!! Karen, I get sore just reading your stuff! Sounds brutal, not sure my lungs are big enough to do that for time. Lisa, "what up"?? Have a great weekend Ladies and start it off with a terrific Friday!

Great work going on here. Commandos. Karen, a big round of applause...Let's make that a standing ovation...to you for completing the program. Wow, you rock! Get a pedicure or massage to celebrate. Something!

Tom, you love arm day, no doubt about it. No "Geezer fit " here, just FIT and FABULOUS!

Yesterday was a Cathe Live boxing and today was heavy weight legs plus plyo. I don't love shoulders but I do love leg day, most of the time anyway, ha! Karen, the Men's Health program sounds tough tough tough!

TGIF! Take care, friends

I DID IT!!!!! Just finished Mark Lauren!
7 Circuits of:
1. Hip-up to Double Push-up 8, four each side 16 push-ups
2. Prisoner Squat with a Hop 14
3. Side Reaching Body Rocks 14, seven each side
4. One leg RDLs arms at T with a twist 14, seven each side
I think I did get stronger. Got through all 7 circuits without stopping. There were days when I did this particular workout I needed to stop to catch my breath.
This is a good one. At some point in the DISTANT future, I may give it another go.
I think I want to start with some Cathe Live. They're always good, and Lisa is Rockin' the "Live!" Good work! How are the kiddos? Is this new one a lover or a fighter? Looking back on my babies, they all had their own personality. So different, but yet, the same.
Tom, I see today was a favorite! ARMS! Are you using STS, or doing your own thang? Nice job, whatever you're doing.
Gitter done Commando friends!
Have a great week-end!

Good Morning Ladies. Well, I've been slacking on abs so I decided to do something bout that this morning. crunches x 50/ cable crunches x 25 3 sets and planks, switching from front to right , then left then back to front. Then I decided to use the bike...FAIL! I think I just got bored and after 2 miles I gave it up. I ordered one of those slingshots, thinking it would help me on the low range of bench press, but I almost couldn't get the bar to my chest! It seemed harder to achieve a good ROM than without. Not sure, maybe it will stretch out but I was disappointed thinking it would solve ALL my problems!! Karen, congrats on getting thru Mark!! You are a true warrior and my respect runs deep! Lisa, you are not fooling me...I know the boxing is just to enforce that DW does what he is told!! If I had your diversions I might never get to the weight room...props to ya!! Do this weekend right my friends!

Chest and tri day in "ye ole"basement. 8 sets of flat bench, 3 sets flat flys, 4 sets of inclined bench, 3 sets of inclined flys, 3 sets of pushdowns and 3 sets of double arm kickbacks...those really fried the tris! I finished with a set of 30 pushups after I got back upstairs and it felt like a really good chest and tri day! Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Hi friends. It's Monday for sure. Got in a great legs workout so feeling good about that, at least.

Lol, Tom. I haven't had to use my boxing skills on my DH. We've been together since high school so I have got him well trained, no crosses, jabs or hooks needed!

Karen, yay! You know Tom and I bow to your greatness. What's next? Have you decided? In terms of my babies, DD1 was by far the hardest. Cried ALL the time. Still my hardest child. DD2 was a much easier baby, as is my DS. I have a total crush on this little man. He smiles and coos so easily, and is just so sweet and handsome. Love! Time is flying but it is definitely an all consuming job, this Momma thing.

Have a great week everyone!

Today was day 1 of Metashred Extreme. What a butt and leg burner. I'm going to give this a go for a month or so, maybe longer. Possibly into the Autumn. I've had this program for awhile. Thought I should open it up, and see what it's all about. I liked what I saw, when I previewed. So here we go. Tomorrow is upper body. It's four days a week, but he also has stretching programs for the rest days. That's about it! It was definitely a Monday, so I'm glad it's behind me. So Tom, have you decided to do one body part a day? I know you love working like that! Lisa, it's good you have those boxing skills!! The world seems to be going crazy, there may come a time when you have to use your skills on the neighbors. Every day is a surprise! Take care guys!! Until tomorrow.
I need to tell you this. I saw a DVD at totalfitnessdvds, that looked interesting. It's called shoulder school. It's a nice little shoulder program, for people that have wonky shoulders. Shows how to work all those small intricate muscles, for a stronger shoulder. Nice looking models. The male is an aerialist, great muscle definition with bodyweight work. The women are pole dancers. One of them has very nice shoulders and arms. Nice little exercises with bands, to keep your shoulders healthy. OK, now I'm done! Later.

Karen, that Shoulder School DVD sounds like a great program for injury prevention. I need to find something like that for feet and ankle mobility since those are my pesky areas.

Now that I think of it. What were you doing on the total fitness dvds site, girl? I thought we already had a DVD buying intervention with you!!!

Good morning Commandos! Karen I checked out a clip from shoulder school and it looks like it would be a good conditioner or even a great pre workout warm up and yep, I'm back to bodypart/ day and trying to hit some parts 2x/ week. Today was back and bi's. Chins 3x8,dumbbell rows x 8x8x10, pullovers 3x10 and 1 arm cable pulls 3x10. Bi's were ez bar curls x8x8x6 (tough at the end of pull day!) dumbbell curls x8x10, hammer curls 2x8 and 1 set of concentration curls. Congrats my friends on your good days in the iron rooms!

Karen, don't worry, we won't let you down on the intervention. And if break the rules, the punishment will be teasing and demands for reviews of the new DVDS so I can decide if I want to buy them too!

Tom, welcome back to the land of the one body part per day workouts. Nice lifting today.

I did metabolic cardio today. I realized it's been awhile since I have done a step workout. Must correct that soon!

Ok, workout 2 of Metashred! Upper body. My legs and butt are so sore from yesterday, I had a hard time sitting at my desk today. Had to get up, and walk around, get things moving. Right now, I'm loving this program. But then again, it's only been two days.
That's about it! Another warm day here, and I can't believe it's August already. Well, keep on killin' it, we will definitely talk later!

One of those mornings. Hit snooze but rallied and I ended up doing a bwt leg day. My lower back is still kinda screwed, not sure what it is but seems to be left side and I really notice it when walking or carrying dumbbells, not so much bending over? May have to breakdown and see a "crackerpractor". I rode the bike 3 miles thinking that would loosen things up but not so much, so I did 4x20 air squats, single calf raises x 40x30x20x10 and 3x20 static lunges to finish. Believe it or not, I felt it and legs were tired....probably NOT a good sign! Well, high stepper Lisa and metacrazy Karen, I'm out! Have a fun packed hump day my friends!

Tom, I had one of those days today, rough sleep so the workout seemed tougher than it normally would. Don't think it's a bad sign, just part of life. Feel good you got something in! You're a warrior!

Karen, DOMS a-plenty. Good stuff! For some reason, typing that out made me think of those candies Good N Plentys (spelling?). I never liked those straight sugar treats. Give me the chocolate! all.the.chocolate! Yep, how is it August?

Today was Cathe Live Smokin Upper Body. I can usually go heavier than Cathe but today my body said "no thank you, please follow the instructor." So I did.

Have a great day!

Today was a rest and recovery day. 20 minutes of abs, 20 minutes of mobility and 20 minutes of massage. Felt really good, especially the massage part. Tomorrow will be Metagainz Lower Body with the lower body finisher. Liking it alot. There was a note on my door yesterday. They will be asphalting (is that a word?) the street. No one in or out of the street between 7am and 5:30pm. I wonder how the neighborhood will get to work. It's a mystery. Until tomorrow.....

Shoulder day is the price to pay! I kept the overhead stuff short, 45x10 85x5 to warm up and did singles at 125 and 135 and really I hadn't tried to go that high in quite awhile so I was happy with it. I didn't want to do long rep standing press stuff so I went to seated shoulder presses x12 x10 x10 and single arm side laterals x10 x10 x12, rear delt flys x10 x12 x12 and alternate front raises x10 x12 x14. I finished with 3x30 dumbbell shrugs. I used 50's for the shoulder presses and rear delt work , 30's for the side laterals and front raises and 90's for the shrugs. I would luv me some "boulder shoulders" but while much improved I still have a way to go! I have always been slope shouldered and getting mass seems tough. My dad always said most good athletes are slope shouldered...my story and I'm sticking to it!! All in all I felt like it was a productive shoulder session. Karen, I already feel your pain for todays w/o and LIsa...you gotta" know when to hold em and know when to fold em" some days it ain't there! Good on ya for doing it anyway! Have a "goodun" my friends!

Tom, good stuff today. You may not have boulder shoulders but I bet they are at least "stone" shoulders. And that ain't too shabby!

Karen, love those workout titles...metagainz. lol. Sometimes I wonder what planet the transportation Dept lives on. Um, closing down a street all day long? How are people going to get to work to make the money to pay taxes to fund the roadwork?!?!

Today I was soooooooo on top of it and did today's Live, Metabolic HiiT Cardio, and I totally loved it. A fast, fun sweat.

It's almost Friday, keep on chugging friends

Happy FRIED DAY!! And I am the proud owner of some fried appendages. I would like to hit arms and chest 2/week so today I led off with 6 sets of bench before doing arms. I was able to go pretty heavy and long on bench, not high volume but felt like a good second w/o. For arms I did pushdowns 4x8/ez bar curls 4x8, skullcrushers x10 x10 x10 x12/ seated dumbbell curls x10 x 10 x10 x12 and double arm tri kickbacks x15 x15 x18/ conc curls x8 x10 x12. Looks like you both killed it yesterday!! Enjoy your Friday fellow Commandos!

Today was abs and other stuff, starting with abs, bench crunches 4x50/ kneeling cable crunches 4x25, 3 sets of side planks and 3 sets of seated knee ins. Next I did 1x10 chin ups and felt like I needed to balance out the ab work with some posterior chain stuff so I decided to live dangerously and do some light deads.I leave an oly bar on the floor and it always has 205# on it, I use it to do deads, shrugs, pendlay rows etc and just slide plates on the end when I need to. The bar is messed up and one side inside collar wont stay in place so I don't want it overhead....anyway I did 4x8 at 205#, alternating sets of conventional and sumo and all was good! I'm not sure what my back issue is, not even sure it is back, but deads felt really good and I had to really fight the urge to "load it up"!! Hope y'all have a terrific weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.