Lifting like girls

Hellooooooo! Yes, there is an echo in here, ha!

Not trying to go MIA, just never have time for anything besides kids and life these days. The last time I checked my personal, non-work email was, um, ?????? No clue.

I've been working out, alternating upper and lower body, throwing in moderate...not puke status...HiiT. I have been happy with my progress. Trying to hone in on taking time and eating more consistently when I am hungry which is a typical mom life problem, of course. Also, seriously why is it so bloody hell hot thus summer? Karen, is your experience the same down in your neck of the woods?

Keep up the Commando living. Remember it all counts, even those road trip Isos, Tom!

Well, I hit the motel stack machine...no dumbbells at this one. 5 sets of curls, pull ups ( 2 sets). Lateral raises, front raises and rear delts ( 2 sets) 3 sets of 1 arm pushdowns and 2 sets of cable flys. Can't wait to get back to my dungeon! Hope I don't kill myself doing the last week of mes 3 after a week layoff! We are in historic Vicksburg and went downtown to drive around the old town. Tomorrow will be the 16 mile tour. We saw a short film about the battle...not sure We Have the gumption for that type of war these days, but I guess Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan were equally awful. When we realize the sacrifices made for our freedom we should be very humble and appreciative! Off my pulpit and off to dinner!

YES!!!! It has been one hella hot summer. My air conditioning runs constantly, and can't keep up. I'm melting! The sprinkler system runs every night, and my lawn still looks like it's dying. Close to 100 every day, thank goodness there is no humidity. I'm sure I would die!! I'm not going to complain too loudly, Winter will be here too soon for my liking. That's a whole different can of worms!!
Enjoy Vicksburg, Tom. I love visiting those kinds of places. Very interesting, and humbling. My Dad was a Marine in the Pacific during WWII. Never spoke about it, but, after reading a few books about what it was like, I can understand why.
Finished workout day 79. Eleven more to go.
Yesterday:
Scorpion Overkicks
RDLs with twist
Skydivers (ugh)
Saxon Lunges
40 seconds effort, 20 seconds rest, 6 sets of an exercise, then move on to the next exercise.
Today:
Hip Up to Double Push-up
Iron Mikes
Let me Ups
RDLs with twist
45 seconds effort 15 seconds rest. This was circuit style, 6 rounds.
Kick some butt, commando friends!!! I know you will.

Tom, Karen, I am equally as sudsy as you both on my soapbox regarding our freedom. So many have sacrificed so much. I don't think we could ever be grateful enough, at least speaking for myself as I routinely get caught up in First World Problems.

Tom, my guess us that you'll blow Meso 3 out of the water after your week of travel. Your muscles and mind will be itching to go

Karen, 11 days, you've sooooo got this! I know, as much as I hate the heat, I hate the winters more! I'd rather wear a tank top than be bundled in layers of winter protection!

Today was a metabolic cardio. My foot is acting up so I must be mindful, opting for low impact.

Have a great rest of the week. I will be back to post in a couple days

Hit the stacks again. 3 sets chin ups, 3 sets 1 arm cable pushdowns, 3 sets side laterals/ rear delts/ front delt cable raises,3 sets cable 1 arm curls, 2 sets air squats/ single calf raises, 1x30 static lunges and finished with 2 sets of pushups. I was panting like a marathon runner lol! Lisa, take care of that foot. Karen, keep killing your form of torture! Have a terrific Thursday iron workers!

Hey guys!! Four workout days left, and I am done with this. Yesterday was difficult, today was a slayer.
Yesterday:
Prisoner Squats with a Hop 16
Starfish to bouncing Push-up 10
Full Saxon Back Lunge 10
Scorpion Overkicks10
How many circuits done in 24 minutes? I got 5, and almost killed myself! Whoa!
Today:
Iron Mikes 20
Scorpion Overkicks 10
Let Me Ups 10
Hip Up to Double Push-Up 10
Time for 7 circuits, 31 minutes, and sucking air like a vacuum.
I mowed the lawn earlier, maybe that had something to do with my fatigue!! Argh!

Nice work, Tom!! Keep on keeping on! Lisa, what is this about a bum foot. Doesn't it know, you don't have time for this? You're a busy MOM!!!
A little cooperation would be nice, foot!
Have a nice week-end friends!! I think I'm going to bed!! Until Monday, maybe sooner. Everyday is a surprise!

Thanks for the good vibes on my foot. I think something just got pulled or tweaked such that it's a little angry at me. Knock on wood, it's not a bone thing and I am not limping. Just a little "ooof, that's uncomfortable" feeling. Still working out, though, just listening to my body. Yesterday was metabolic and today was total body.

Karen, yeah the kids never seem to care when Mom isn't 100%, and the Universe doesn't seem to care either, cuz life just keeps on coming, lol. You know the drill. Wow. Keep it up, you're almost there. Slayer is right, and I find myself crying a little inside on your behalf. Yowza! Hope life is being kind to you, despite being hot and sweaty (from workouts and summer heat, lol)

Tom, proud of your Commando dedication. STS is patiently waiting for you (cue the horror movie music. ..da da dum!!!!!)

Enjoy your weekend!

Some days are butter, some days are Elmers!! Today was NOT butter! The struggle was REAL, mentally and physically. I feel I did lose some strength on the week off and went a little lower than I planned, but still heavier than workout manager called for. On deads I felt a tweak on the 6th rep of set 2 and just dropped the bar and did no more deads! Way too old to hurt my back by being stupid! I'm still standing but the freakin w/o took me d@#n near 2 hours because I just had to make myself do each set. I have 2 more sts days and I need to decide whether to do it again or maybe I will go back to my bodypart/day for awhile and decide what to do from there! Have a great Sunday Ladies!

Cardio, abs and bi day. 5 miles on the airdyne, crunches x 50/ cable crunches x 25 (x 3),2 sets of ez bar curls, 2 sets of dumbbell curls, 2 sets of hammer curls and 1 set conc curls. I weighed 197# this morning... geeze, what have I been eating?? Quite a change from the mid 160's I was awhile back, but I prefer bigger to gaunt! Make Monday all it can be friends!

Doh! Tom, how is your back feeling today? Did your 5 miles on the bike help stretch it out? My guess is that you will do the one body part per day when STS is done. You seem to thrive on doing your own thang. I am the same way. I have a hard time being obedient to a program, then there's Ms Karen who is going strong on her Mark program. You know. It's all good.

Speaking of the amazing lady, how are you Karen? Enjoying Pie & Beer Day? You know what I mean...

Today was Leg Day Monday. I was NOT feeling it this morning but I pulled it out and had a good workout! Ended with floor Pilates legs. Why are damn leg lifts so damn hard, lol?!

Mmmmm pie sounds good. But, I'm not a beer drinker!! Yes, I am enjoying the day. I don't know what it is with people here. Don't think twice about blowing up $5000 worth of fireworks. Has to mess with the family budget! The whole month of July, is just one big fireworks show. Be nice to get to sleep before 11:00pm. Haven't done my Mark yet, will report when finished.
DH is in Oregon, taking care of his parents estate business. He went to Dutch Bros Coffee, and told me it was the best ice coffee he ever had. I may have to move to the Pacific Northwest. He stated it was "delicious!!" Hope they build here. But, why do I think that's a pipe dream? Later guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, Karen, Karen, YES! to every thing you said. Pie good. Beer meh (do like Mike's Hard and trying to like wine). WTH with fireworks all month in July? Our old neighorhood had fireworks all month and on Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, ... I so wish I was exaggerating, bit no.

Yep, I want to work at Dutch Bros for my coffee addiction. Love their Americanos. Hot or cold. You must tell your DH to try the white coffee. Life changing, absolutely life changing. He can do a hot or iced white Americano or any other coffee drink (Dutch Bros slang for white coffee is "Sandy").

Ok, three more to go. Don't get me wrong, I love this, but, it's time to move on. Mark, Cathe's STS, and Renaissance Periodization, are the only three month programs I've made it through the whole three months. I usually get distracted with something new. This has been a great program, and you can do it anywhere! All you need is a mat and some kind of timer. I used my phone. You can do it in your kitchen, if you so desire. Later, down the road, I will sprinkle a few of these into whatever rotation I'm working on. I'm thinking of trying out a couple of HoCo, just to see if they are easier. That's about it!! See you tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leg day down. 4x8 dumbbell squats with 30s 50s 70s 80s, 3x8 rev lunges with 40s, 3x12 sumo squats with 90 and 3x25 calf raises with 90s (good grip exercise lol) and finished with 1x20 single calf raise. Back was a little sore and right knee a little sore but all bodyparts survived!! LIsa, I think you are right, pretty sure that IS what I will do! Just seems to be a comfort zone doing a bodypart/day. Karen. by the time you do another round of Hoco, they will be able to bounce a cannon ball off of you!! Great work fellow lunies!!

Top of the morning Ladies! Today I subbed bench and chin ups for cardio and abs...seemed like a just thing to do!! 9 sets of bench and chins x 10 x8 x8. I couldn't face the bike and legs were pretty sore from leg day soooo chest and lats it was. This week's messed up for me because I work 5 days, so getting in my last sts "marathon" may be tough! I'm thinking about frying shoulders on Thursday and arms on Friday and calling it DONE!! Checking out my friends, have a great "hump day"!

Well, I'm starting the day off right. I left my computer bag, phone, and everything but my lunch and coffee home. It's not even Monday! Great! Will post my workouts, when I can find my a$$ with both hands!
Later guys!! Make it great, me? Not so much!

Karen, sorry for the crazy hectic day. It sucks when the day starts like that. Hope things have improved for you as the day has progressed. I think I would have a saline residue all over my kitchen from all that sweat flying during a Mark workout, kitchen edition, lol. But I do love the idea of the anywhere/ your body is its own gym kinda workouts. I have a feeling that HoCo is going to feel like beginner stuff after you have completed this rotation!

Tom, always proud of you when you make it to leg day. Impressed by your marathon workouts to finish out STS. How is your back feeling?

Yesterday was metabolic and today was upper body. Getting good workouts in and enjoying my new workout space so much.

Happy Wednesday!

Shoulder day here Commandos. I did 3 sets lighter strict press (back protecting) and went to heavier seated dumbbell shoulder presses. I did heavy for me 2x8 with 50s and 60s, but the low end range from chest to ear height is brutal on my right shoulder! Once I get the dumbbell to my ear I'm fine, it's just that first 6". I dropped 20# and tried to do some Arnold presses but those were worse and I only did 4 reps before I had to stop. I switched to regular dumbbell seated shoulder presses and did 3 sets x15 x12 x12. If I had a spotter to help get the weight off my shoulders I could go heavier but going lighter at least lets me get it in position without a near death experience! I have the same issue with strict press and bench...no range of motion and that's why I cant do an overhead squat even with the bar only....guess I am stuck in GEEZERFIT land!! I finished with 3x10 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys and 3x12 alternate front raises. All in all, I feel worked...not sts worked, but not 90 min either lol!! Have a great Thursday friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.