Lifting like girls

I got to "bag in" today, don't start work until 10:30 so I started later (NOT 5:00!) I did legs (on the scheduled day even), 4 sets bench squats, 3 sets gob squats, 3 sets kb swings (heart racers lol) 3 sets reverse dumbbell lunges, 3 sets barbell calf raises and 3 sets single unweighted calf raises. I was going to do some ab stuff, but I was pooped and decided to "take a rain check" on that! Sounds like everyone is working hard and Lisa, the boxing may come in handy for disciplining the new addition in a few years!! Karen, I have NO idea what "JOLT" and "SWING SANDWICH" are but makes the imagination run wild lol! Have a great hump day friends!

Yowza, it feels like a Wednesday to me. I did have a good workout at least. Smokin Upper Body Blast Live, which is very easy to modify. I added one of the UB segments from a pregnancy DVD. Meh, not so impressed but the core work was good at least.

Tom, smart idea to go with leg day when you get to sleep in later. Legs feel a lot better around 7am than they do at 5am! Way to work work!

Karen, sounds like you need a good massage. I was feeling just like you,achy everywhere. Got a last minute massage yesterday, not for Valentine's but because I needed it, and it helped so much. You should probably keep the foam rolling going though because you are going to be sore from your kettle bell spree! Oh yay, you are going to have fun tinkering with Cathe Live! I am not necessarily keeping the due date secret but I have had 2 early deliveries. .. DD1 was quite early...and I feel like announcing the exact date will just jinx me. I know that's dorky thinking but it's how I feel. So, it's not that I don't like or trust you. ..I will say that I am in my third trimester!

Have a great day today!

Adding to my previous post here. Tom, isn't it great when you can sleep in? Nice leg work! I love my weekends, just for sleeping in. Lisa, I know what you mean about announcing a due date. My third child, first daughter decided to make an appearance 2 weeks late. By then I was so over it, couldn't even get excited that it was a girl, after 2 boys. So I definitely don't want to jinx you. Smokin Upper Body, sounds like a good one to add to my list.
I started a thread in the open discussion forum. I have been watching different workouts on You Tube, and reading about gyms that have a very high rating. I found that a class using a "zooped" up pilates reformer, were getting ratings that were the bomb! Checked it out on You Tube, and I would love to give this class a go. There is one gym in Utah that has this class, and I have tried to contact them, to no avail. So I said to heck with it, and I've been trying to get information on this "megaformer." Looks like they only sell it to gyms that are certified in this class. Bummer.
Like I stated in my first post. This morning was "Maximus Destroyer" and "Swing Sandwich." as a finisher. KB workouts, not too bad. Well, I think that's all for now. Have a great evening!

Hey Ladies! Shoulder day here, 8 sets strict press, 3x12 side laterals, rear delt flys and front raises (these with a kettlebell...something different)and 3 long sets of dumbbell shrugs and finishing with 1 sets of cable crunches. I did get another 500 pushup day in (the last 100 at home...shorter work day). Karen, that contraption looks evil, not for old guys!! Good work all!

Karen, ugh 2 weeks late?! I can't even imagine. I don't think docs even let patients go that far anymore before inducing labor. So this gym didn't ever get back to you? I sooooo don't understand when businesses do that. Like "hey. I want to give you money for your product" Why would you ignore that? I have seen a much more low key version of that equipment on QVC, I think it's called the Pilates Reformer. I bet it is great for the core. Just hard to gauge how much you would use it unless you can try before you to see if you "likey".

Tom, another ruthless shoulder day for you. I think Karen and I should send you a Pilates DVD for Christmas next year. Then you can return it and pocket the money, lol!

Have I mentioned that DD2, not even 2 years old yet, either calls me Lisa or Daddy. You know. No big deal, I just did everything to bring you to this planet and keep you alive. Haha! It's not even that she can't say Momma...she totally can...

Today was ICY Boot camp Live 12/24/15. My diet has shifted to heavy proteins and fats and eating small meals all the time. Too bad I am never hungry, but I am forcing it down.

Hey all! This morning was Lauren Brooks "Intensified" from Incinerator. Did it twice, it's only a twenty minute workout. Yea, haven't been able to reach anybody about this class. But, evidently it's the hit of Hollyweird, and Victoria Secret models. So evidently it's a must do. It seems to be right up there with the Kardashians and Paris Hilton.(did I say that?) we'll see what happens. I'm not big on Pilates, but this looks interesting. Well, my weekend has begun. Have a great holiday weekend all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Friday my friends! Arm day here, 22 sets of bliss! 5 sets pushdowns/ ez bar curls, 3 sets skullcrushers/ hammer curls, 2 sets kickbacks/conc curls and finished with 1 set crossbody tris/ 21's. We will be in Omaha this weekend and I will try to get in some abs, only have light dumbbells and cardio machines I think, but I will survive and maybe if home soon enough Sunday I can hit the basement for some stuff! Karen, I have seen some of Lauren Brooks and it looks like effective stuff. Lisa, sounds like you are approaching "remotherhood" scientifically! Have a great weekend Commandos! Sounds like ours will be sunny and 60's...YAY!

Today was a new-to-me Live, Muscle Max Live (without step) from May 2015. Cathe can't ever go super heavy in Live workouts but this is one where she pushed the limit as much as possible in the group fitness environment. Loved it!

Enjoy your weekends and be back on Monday!

I started back and biceps as scheduled, got half way through and was freezing...sat down for a minute, and woke up when the boys got home four hours later, with a fever and bad chills....that was last week. I have been battling whatever it was since. I'm finally improving, but still recouping.

Ugh. Not sure if I had two different bad illnesses, or over did it really bad.

Now I have two huge papers due, and about 1200 pages of reading to catch up on. I'm so screwed this semester.

On a good note....I finally broke the 180 mark! I weighed in at 177.5 this am. That's 35.5 lbs down!! Wow.

I hope everyone is well. I will be back asap. I really miss you all

Got home tonight and did abs and cardio. Did 3 sets of tri sets for abs, crunches x 50/ seated knee ins x 25 / and cable crunches, x25, then 10 minutes of side planks, each side by 90 sec, 60 sec, 45. 30, 30, 45. For cardio I did 4 miles on the airdyne. Total time was about 40 minutes and I felt I needed it after a lazy weekend! I did get 400 pushups in Friday and did another 100 Saturday. My co-worker is now ripping off sets near 30 reps, she started by 3 being really hard...really proud of her! I'm going to have to keep working or she is going to pass me up! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Lib, good to hear from you, hope you feel better and good luck with all the upcoming stuff!

Last edited:
I led the week off with back and bis this morning instead of chest and tris. I thought I might end up doing pushups at work and since I have other stuff going on Tues and Wed and don't work those days this week, I would do chest and tris tomorrow. first was chin ups x12 x8 x7, pullovers x12 x10 x10, 1 arm cable pulls 3x8 ez bar curls x10 x8x8x5, conc curls 2x8 and 21's, 1 set. Bi's are really fried! I am down about 10# from my recent high, not concerned as I am ok with leaning down some, just don't want to revisit the 160s!!Hope all the Commandos survive Monday!

Tom, proud of your Sunday night biking cardio!!! Nice workout today, too. Your week is off to a good start. Sounds like you are leaning down as I am bulking up. Your pounds are heading to the Pacific Northwest, straight to my belly! :)

Lib, take care of yourself and good luck getting your work done. You can do it!

Karen, hey !

Today was Chiseled Legs and Abs Live 12/15/16 but I did my own abs and I added some extra barre work. Am also starting to lower my weight loads a bit

Good chest and tri day (with a little bike), 10 sets bench with 10 sets rom chest isos between sets. I was able to go heavy and do several sets over 200#(good for this old guy!) 3 sets inclined bench, 4 sets tri pushdowns, 2 sets kickbacks, 1 set crossbody tri extensions and a set of pushups, finishing with 2 miles on the airdyne. We didn't do a lot of pushups at work, my co-worker has had a bad cold but we did do 2 sets each. She did 2x30 and I did 2x50.Amazing how the body adapts, she had not done any kind of training, had 3 children and is 33, and she has gone from struggling with 3 to sets of 30! Maybe it's just me, but I find it fascinating how the human body can adapt and grow stronger when challenged....incredible! Lisa, a little bulking for you is definitely acceptable!! Make Tuesday "all it can be" my friends!

Tom, over 200#? Wowza! I bow to your strength greatness! I totally agree, it is amazing how the human body can adapt and grow. Sounds like your coworker might also be genetically gifted. I bet she could really take off in her training if she could find the time and resources for it. In the meantime at least you are both having fun!

Today was a low impact cardio + UB workout from YouTube. I can't remember the name of the workout but the trainer was Shelly Dose. I liked it!

Crush your Tuesday, everyone!

Hey everybody. DH and I went out of town for the holiday weekend. I'm baaaaack! Write more later. Gotta fill you in on my workouts. Ok, the gig is.......I started STS on Monday. This round, I think I will do it the way it was written. My Tues. Thurs. and Sat workouts will be from Cathe Live. Tuesday I did Cardio Boxing 11/10/16, tomorrow will be Crossfire Quick Fix Plus Core 08/18/16. Haven't thought about Saturday's workout yet.
Yes, we did go to Southern Utah for the weekend. Some days the temperature was warmer where we live. But, it was a nice little get away.
Looks like you all are kicking butt. So, I will talk to you all later.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies. As you probably noticed I was MIA yesterday, took DW to the airport and got home late and couldn't answer the bell in the AM. I thought I would work out after meetings but didn't happen...oh well, that's what Saturdays are for! Today was shoulders, 8 sets 65 reps strict press, 3x12 side lats, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x12 barbell front raise, 1 sets of front raise and hold for 5 count, 4 count 3 count, and 3x30 barbell shrug. I finished with 1x15 dumbbell seated shoulder press. Karen, glad to hear that you are ok...was afraid that legaformer, transformer, megashredder. bodydisrupter thing might have got you!! Lisa, youtube seems to be a great workout marketplace...good work! Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Seems like we are all a bit MIA lately. We're just trying to keep our heads above water over here. Lots going on. Did I mention that it's snowing today? Argggh!

Yes. Tom, I am having fun with YouTube workouts! Yesterday was a Kickboxing workout from the Gymbox channel

Can't stay away from Cathe Live too long, though. Today was an old, but new to me Live. Total Body Reps from 9/2014. Loved it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.