Lifting like girls

Lisa!!!!! Oh my gosh, congratulations, and it's a boy!!! So happy for you guys, every boy needs a couple of big sisters to keep him in line. Take care of yourself!!! You had to move in the middle of all this. Yowsa! Good call on the Super Bowl.
Nice work Tom. Glad you got that leg workout done.
Well, this morning was my leg workout. It was a goodie. Yesterday was back. I think I will throw a little Mark Lauren in this afternoon for good measure. New dishwasher is arriving this morning. We will install tonight. Wish us luck! Make it a great day!

Thanks for celebrating my little dude. Lots of excitement and anticipation. Yeah, Karen, my DH and I are true geniuses. ..not! .... for moving and having a new baby at the same time! It's been crazy but truthfully the new house is bigger than the previous house we owneed and we are going to need the extra space. Plus Momma needs her new workout room!!!

Leg day all around! Way to go, you two. Still scratching my head over this pushup challenge, Tom, lol. Actually I think it's awesome. Maybe one day I will be good at pushup like you. In the meantime I think we can count that as your cardio. :)

Karen, hope the new dishwasher works much better than the Samsung lemon. How's the weather there? It has been warmer here and I can actually see grass!

Today was Athletic Training Live 2/11/16. I will spare you the modification details but it was a great workout. Happy Wednesday!

Shoulder blast day. 8 sets strict press and tried for longer reps, 3x10 side laterals, 3x10 rear delt flys and for front raises, I used dumbbells and started with holding the right out there while doing 5 reps with the left, then held left and 5 raises with the right, then dropped to 4, then 3, then 2, then 1, next set I went to 4 each, then the last set was 3...this was a BURNER! Obviously I had to drop to a lighter weight but wow, I was fried!After that I did 3 long sets of dumbbell shrugs and finished with some planks. I get to go in later today because I have a school dental screening...don't see many kids at my normal gig...this is always fun! I didn't get many pushups in at work, really busy, so will have to do more today and tomorrow to make goal...but I will! Have a great Thursday friends! Karen, glad the new dishwasher arrived and that it WASNT your DH and Lisa. really happy for you and your DH,! Future iron warrior?

Today was shoulders for me. Geez Tom, I wish I was as creative as you. Great shoulder work. I just did the usual shoulder "stuff." But, I did do handstand pushups. Those are so good, but not many reps. I may have to take another page from your book, Tom. Pushups at work, I like it.
The dishwasher works like a charm, (but so did the last one, when it was new) Holding our breath. We will be taking the washing machine apart this weekend. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning and vacuuming out. Here's to hoping. School dental screening, that sounds fun. Lisa, I hope you're over the "morning sickness" stage, that was always the worst part for me. Even better, if you never get sick. Athletic Training Live, sounds like a good one. Take care, friends. Make it a great one.

Karen. are you kidding me? handstand pushups? you are the BOSS! I don't have a place to do those, all walls covered up but not sure I could! Do you have to be able to shoulder press your weight? Holy crap girl, great work! Today was arm day and I blew it up! 4x10 pushdowns/ ez bar curls then 1x8F on both, 3 sets of skullcrushers/21's and 3 sets kickbacks/ conc curls and finished with 2 sets seated knee ins and 2 sets cable crunches. I need to do only 200 pushups today to reach 2000 since last Friday and it will be done! Not sure why, but I have enjoyed doing these and I think it may be leaning me down a little (maybe just optimism). I am down a few pounds but still around 190-192, probably a good weight for me. Lisa, how goes it? Have a terrific weekend my friends!

Tom, like I said, those pushups are cardio. That quantity gets the blood pumping and heart rate soaring! Nice workouts for you lately, you are on a roll. Did the prison hire another dentist yet?

Karen, I am with Tom. Handstand pushup = no thank you! Glad your new dishwasher is behaving so far! I am way far past the morning (um, all day really) sickness phase. That usually lasts until around 22 or 23 weeks. I have already had my blood glucose test. Yeah I waited to spill the beans for a long time! :) Hope that your weekend is off to a great start.

Yesterday was Cardio Boxing Live and today was High Reps Total Body Live from the very early days of Cathe Live. Felt good except that I jacked up my neck (it is an old injury that rears it's ugly head every so often, usually during shoulders). Finally caved and bought a few pregnancy DVDS from Amazon. Will probably send most of them back since I have never been impressed by pregnancy workouts but I do feel much more fatigued this pregnancy than my previous 2 so I am listening to my body and taking it down several notches

Tgif, my buddies

Catchall Sat here and I hit some of about everything,started with 3 sets of chinnups. 8 sets of deadlifts from 205 - 315, military press x12 x10 x8, 3 x10 barbell squats, staying lighter on these,kettlebell swings x20 x15 x15 ( my HR after the first set was at least 160 and for me that's tachycardia!!) barbell calf raise x30 x25 x25, and finished with bench press x10 x8 x8. I did make my pushup goal yesterday, gotta quit doing stupid stuff but it was fun...kinda! I feel like I should bust out the back of my levi's after the deads and kettlebell swings, unusual for me to get 2 leg day things in the same week, but I did and now will see if I can walk! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tom, admit it, Spring is in the air and you're working on your beach body for Spring Break. We know your secret motivation for 2 leg days/week! LOL! Impressive stuff today. I guess you were just feeling the fire this week. I'd say you could call it a success.

Karen, what's up with you today? Hope you're soaking in all your DH's compliments. Tell him to keep them coming and that you, like Tom, are getting ready for a tropical Spring Break vacation so your DH better be buying some plane tickets soon! (I'm not sure if that is reverse psychology or just plain being manipulative, but if you get a Turks & Caicos trip out of it, I'd say it's worth it!)

Today I did Low Max. Got some of my pregnancy DVDs in the mail. I am eager to preview them. Also washed all of little dudes new clothes today and they have been put away in his dresser. When DD1 was born, my DH and I were such newbie parents that we didn't even think to bring an outfit for DD1 in my hospital bag. We thought, hey the hospital has clothes, right? Well, not really, just flimsy onesies, and of course it was the dead of winter so we just swaddled her good and wrapped up lots of blankets over her on the car ride home. With DD2 we learned our lesson and brought a couple warm sleepers to the hospital for her and we'll do the same for DS1. We feel confident in our abilities to keep a baby healthy, happy, and thriving. It's everything else that comes in the later years that is scaring the $h1t out of me!!!!! LOL

Have a great weekend and be back Monday.

Forgot to ask if either of you go to a chiropractor? Or if you ever have? My good friend is a chiropractor and my neck was REALLY REALLY bad last night so my DH and I went to his house last night for a treatment. It was my second time ever having a chiropractor work on my body. Oh boy, I have a hard time getting over that back cracking sound. He was great and did it quickly and I felt sooooo much better afterwards. I'm just not sure if it's something I want to do regularly or not since I've heard good and bad about it. (Side note, I totally trust my friend and he is not a slimy practitioner who makes you come back all the time just so he can have regular patients who pay him regular money. He only says to see a chiro when you feel you need realignment.)

Lisa, I jumped off a skateboard (called it sidewalk surfboard then) never been on one and I didn't know how to get off, so I jumped off backward.....WRONG! My buddies got a kick out of it and I didn't think much about it then. It was at the end of my freshman year in high school and in those days we didn't train in the summer, but in the fall I couldn't run at football practice, my back just went into spasms and I ground to a near stop! I went to an MD and he said I was done with sports! That wasn't what I wanted to hear so I went to another one and he said nothing was wrong with me! What? So my dad had heard good things about a chiropractor a few miles away and we went to see him. He weighed me by having me distribute my weight on 2 scales and one leg weighed 20# more than the other. Next he put me on a table and 1 leg was longer than the other. He asked me some questions and I told him about the skateboard, he smiled cracked me on either side (sounded like the Fourth of July) and said you'll be fine in a couple of weeks...and I was! Chiropractors 1..MD 0! Really my only experience but it was good! Today for me was cardio (yep, you heard that right) and abs (which I killed) I did about 23 minutes on the airdyne, then 100 reps on crunches over 3 sets. 7.5 minutes of side planks, 90,60,45,30 seconds each side and finished with 100 reps of heavy cable crunches (4 sets). I actually did 7 days this week. didn't miss any. Usually I don't w/o both weekend days but I guess I was bored. We have a Disney cruise coming up with the FL kids and grandkids in March...should be fun! I may not be able to get "pretty" at my age, but do want to look like I know where the gym is! Lol! Karen, hope the washing machine doesn't need replacing too! Still impressed by HSPU!! Hope Sunday is great for y'all!

In the past, I have not done well with chiropractic treatment. I always anticipate the crack coming, and I tense up. I'm a chiropractor's nightmare. Hope you're feeling better! Everyone told me to beware of the teen years with children. Actually, I loved my teenagers. They were funny, had personality, and actually liked their parents. It was newborns that I had a hard time with. Mine never slept, had no personality, and to be honest, not much fun. I'm excited for you. Always interesting to see the differences and similarities in our children. Fun to see what this little guy brings to the family!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Monday friends! Chest and tri day, 10 set pyramid bench, 2 sets inclined bench (all sets followed by 10 reps isos)4 sets pushdowns and 2 sets tri pushups.I had fun with my kids at all their ages. I loved throwing them around when they were little, but really enjoyed their sport years, even coaching some of their endeavors. I think I lived vicariously through them and when they were gone it was REALLY quiet..no phone, no doorbell , but I did again own the remote! (that's ifI beat DW to it) That's all I got! Hope everyone survives Monday!

Been a while. Hope everyone is well. My son wrecked my Blazer, so it's been a crazy couple of weeks. We are fine. Ended up loosing a week of school though. So playing catch up....

Still down 30 lbs. Broke down and bought the Max 5 trainer from Boflex. Been averaging about 14 mins a day. Finally down to doing it all at once. Started STS again also. Feeling it! Cannot hardly move my arms....
Have a great day

Tom, what's gotten into you?!?! All this cardio, you must be motivated to wear your swimsuit on that cruise! Sounds super fun. I haven't been on a cruise in ages. Nice bike ride yesterday and good ptrams work today!

Karen, Tom, it gives me hope that you enjoyed the teenage years! Everyone tells me that boys are preferable during the wild hormone years, lol. What sports did you coach, Tom? Also my neck is feeling much much better so another point for the chiropractor over the MD like Tom said. And, yeah, I am glad to not know when the spine cracking is coming. Surprise me with it or I will go stiff as a board!

Karen, are you doing one body part per day this week again? Or something else?

Today I did an old Cathe Live from Jan 2015, Long and Strong Legs. Added a pregnancy barre segment at the end. So far after previewing the 5 preggo DVDS I bought, I am already definitely returning 2 of them.

Hey everybody!! Well, I'm trying to decide what I want to do. So, this morning was a couple of workouts from Lauren Brooks Incinerator. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," and "Swing Sandwich." They're great workouts, get my heartrate going, and make me sweat. I dunno. I'm thinking of pulling out my "Anarchy" program, and giving it a run. Maybe just making a run through all my workouts, just to say I did. I have some stuff that I haven't tried, and some I haven't done for years. Something to get me going. Right now, I'm just sleep walking through all my workouts. Maybe time for a break, some rejuvination. Forty years of heavy weights, and maybe it's time for Yoga, Pilates and Barre. (not) May mix those into some kind of rotation, but, definitely not the main course. All ideas welcome, just thinking out loud, right now.
Yes, Lisa! Boys are much easier during the wild hormone years. Girls, if they have a zit on their face, they can't go to school, and they have a meltdown in front of the mirror. All their clothes have to come from the latest fashion magazine, (had to put the kabosh on that) and don't even get me going about the hair. OMG! My boys never gave me any problems. (I'm sure ignorance is bliss) A couple of pairs of Levi's, and a few T shirts, they were happy. They just wanted the latest sport shoes, and they loved their sports. My DH also coached when they were young. The older son did drive the car through the garage door. That made DH extremely happy. But, I will take boys over girls during the hormone years.
Well gang, that's about it.........all suggestions about a great workout program appreciated. Great to hear from you, Lib!

Lib, good to hear from you! Karen, I think you hit my boys right on, levis and a t! See Lisa, something to look forward too! Its always other issues with boys, stupid man stuff, fights, aggressive driving etc.I was lucky on all that, Mine were pretty well behaved, no halos but no law enforcement either lol! Today was back and bi, 3 sets chinnups, 3 sets pullovers, 3sets 1 arm cable pulls, 4 sets ez bar curls, 3 sets concentration curls and 1 set 21;s with a 10 count instead of 7..tough! I did get 500 pushups in yesterday, not sure I will do everyday....will wait and see, maybe every other. Have a "goodun" Commandos!

Lol, I can handle Levis and a tshirt. I think maybe no drivers license until he is 18. Just thinking about keeping the garage door and the car safe! My DD2 isn't even 2 years old yet and is already such a drama queen, as in flopping to the floor, weeping when something dissatisfies her. We call her Diva as a nickname.

Karen, are you wanting more metabolic workouts? Shorter workouts? Light weight/high reps? Doesn't sound like you want to buy anything new, but for some reason 21 Day Fix came to mind. I have heard great things about it but it's also a Beach body product so hard to gauge. 2lazy4gym.com has a Cathe Live + DVD metabolic workout rotation and you could swap in other workouts if you don't have the DVDS she includes. I guess my question is what sounds FUN to you? What would make you want to workout? That's always my ultimate deciding factor. Yeah, I need more barre and yoga too but I can only take them in small doses. I will say though that my butt has major good DOMS from the Barre in yesterday's workout.

Tom, having a hard time contemplating 500 pushups. High fives! Yeah, no law enforcement troubles allowed from my offspring. I will not bail them out. I learned a lot about juvenile law in my practicing days, and let me tell you that the kids who have to face the music and suck up what the judge tells them to do end up so much better off than the kids with rescue parents. I hope to never get to that point, not even close, but and hopefully my suck it up buttercup parenting when it comes to that will help!

Today was a Live Cardio Boxing, sorry the name escapes me, but I needed an excuse to wear my pink gloves on Valentine's Day. Not that my DH and I celebrate it. Show me that you love me on all days of the year, and not just cuz Hallmark says so, and don't you dare buy me a $180 bouquet of roses or I will kill you, lol! I need that money for my workout toys, thank you very much! :)

This morning was "The Jolt," from Incinerator. After work, I did "Swing Sandwich." Yup, I think I'm going to go with Cathe Live. I haven't done one "Live" that I didn't like. Tonight I've been foam rolling and using a lacrosse ball on some sore spots. I'm almost jumping out of my skin. Tender spots, don't know whether to laugh or cry. Tom, I can't believe you did 500 pushups. Good for you. I think you will be strutting it on that cruise. And good for you Lisa, wearing your pink gloves on Valentines Day. What is your due date, or do you keep those things secret. Don't want to intrude, or be too nosey. But, I'm very excited for you. Lib, good to hear from you, and that you are surviving. Well friends, I think that's about all the news from here. Until tomorrow!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.