Leg Press

loneswaneast

Cathlete
I've noticed that the exercise "leg press" done on a high step has not been included as much in Cathe series over the last several years. Is that strictly a fashion decision, as in its gone out of style, or has it been shown to not be as effective as other lower body moves? It is interesting to watch how workouts change to include new fads. I hate to call them fads because it does seem there is more and more science used to determine the most effective exercises and those to shy away from. Is there a health reason to limit leg presses (such as too much on the knees or something), or is it simply to change things up? Thanks.

I've noticed that the exercise "leg press" done on a high step has not been included as much in Cathe series over the last several years. Is that strictly a fashion decision, as in its gone out of style, or has it been shown to not be as effective as other lower body moves? It is interesting to watch how workouts change to include new fads. I hate to call them fads because it does seem there is more and more science used to determine the most effective exercises and those to shy away from. Is there a health reason to limit leg presses (such as too much on the knees or something), or is it simply to change things up? Thanks.
Interesting question. It's one of my favorite lower body moves.

They are still used and effective. They are called step-ups in current fitness mags. They were in a more recent series Booty Edge Extreme. I always thought Cathe stop them because of her last knee surgery. Which happen around 2006/7 The step ups may not feel good to her anymore. The other is she was just tired of them LOL. I know in High Step Training there are bazillion LOL. I still like the workout but change them to side step ups and curtsy step ups just to give it some variety.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.