Knee pain, plz help

missgincat

I have been having a sharp pain in my right knee when doing lungs or squats both with and without weights. (4 months?) There is no pain with regular daily activity. Jumping and high impact are not a problem. I have been working out for 20 years or more, new shoes every 6 -8 months, hardwood flooring in workout room.
My health insurance deductible is way to high. I cant afford to see the doc and have a bunch of tests done. I am hoping to get a idea on what this might be and ideas for treating this. Thank you for your time and help.

This can happen if other muscles are too tight.
I will get this under my knee cap when my IT band needs to be rolled out (and form corrected), and I will get it behind the knee when my inner thighs are not stretched appropriately.

Maybe try addressing those, depending on where you feel the pain, with some heat on the corresponding muscles to loosen them up.
Too much tension in the wrong direction pulls on the knees to cause discomfort.

I have found I have to be really aware of crossing my legs now. If I cross my legs during the day, I end up with the exact kind of sharp knee pain you're mentioning. Side lunges kill me unless I do them very deliberately - like an ice pick!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.