Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

kettlebell. tuesday. check in.

Discussion in 'Check-ins & Challenges' started by deanie, Apr 20, 2010.

1. deanie Cathlete

2. Gayle Cathlete

Good morning!

Deanie - According to this article, you can set the KB down as often as you want. I'd assume you can chalk up as well. Great job on the snatches! :cool:
    http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/470/

Hope your blisters heal fast!

Melissa - I tried high-knee jump ropes last night...BWAHAHAHA!!!! Let's just say it's a skill that I need to work on. :p

Jane - Red Buds are so pretty. :)

Had a great workout last night! Jane inspired me to add some Mr. Spectaculars to my cash out.

Buy in: All 12kg
    10x halos
    3 Rounds
    * Alt C&P 3r/3l
    * Asst pull ups 30lbs
    10x halos
    * Left side presses are HARD!

ETK: 15 minutes Swings @ 16kg
    * Alternated 15 swings and 50 jump rope
    * 11 rounds each at the 14:30 mark, so finished out with 3 double unders
    * I shortened my jump rope, and I think that sped up my cycle time

Cash out:
    3 Rounds
    * 5x Mr. Spectacular w/ 20lb DB's
    * 10x double unders
    * I was able to string 9 double unders together in a row using a 1 single/1 double rhythm, which is the best I've ever done with those. :)

3. Gayle Cathlete

One more thing...do you believe in miracles???

We finally decided on backsplash! :p

After being underwhelmed by every light colored glass tile sample we saw, DH and I were both "WOWED" by this:

[​IMG]

It's a marble mosaic, and then best thing is that it wasn't crazy expensive! YAY!!! :D

4. deanie Cathlete

Gayle: WOW!!! I LOVE the marble mosaic!!!!! I'm glad you and DH found something you both love! Great workout last night. I may steal the swings workout for my next week's Tuesday variety day- I'm really enjoying jumping rope again. And yes, .....I am jumping barefoot! LOL:eek: kudos to you for your double unders :)

Right after I posted my blog, my brother emailed to say he also thought we could put the bell down. I should have researched that better before I started:rolleyes:. It definitely would have made a difference - but now I know for next time....which is when I plan to NAIL the SSST with the 12kg. I just hope my blisters are okay for tomorrow. I have one that I just caught before it would have bled open!!!:eek::eek::eek:

waves to Jane, Melissa, Rhonda and Marcy!!!

5. lioness Cathlete

Hi!

I'm working out tonight but don't know what I'm doing. I'm stopping at mom's on the way home from work so I'll do some swings or something when I get home.

Deanie ~ Great workout but sorry about the blisters. I hope they heal really FAST!!!

Gayle ~ I LOVE the backsplash!!! I can't do those high knee jump ropes either! :( Yay for Mr. Spectacular!!!

Hi Melissa, Marcy and Rhonda!

6. pink_fortitude Banned

GAYLE, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
    I also love your workout. Actually, I think I like pretty much every workout ever posted in this check-in. There isn't enough time in the world to do all of the workouts I've liked here. :eek:

Deanie, sorry about the blisters - how are they doing today?

Jane, on-the-fly workouts are my favorite sometimes. Surprises are fun! And I am so happy to hear about your mom. :D

Here's my workout today:
    http://fitmiss.tv/index.php/workinit/3-record/48-5202010
    I just got back from Logan's field trip so I am just taking it easy. I was so surprised when I got home to see how messy the house was, I don't remember too much about how it looked when I left but I do know that it was perfectly clean when I woke up... but that is how Logan got his name: Landmine Logan. :p

Hi Marcy and Rhonda! :D

Melissa

7. Farmer Cathlete

Hi all. I am sorry I have been so hit or miss about posting. I have been so up and down lately. No workout for me today but I hope to get one in tomorrow.

Deanie- Sorry about the blisters but great workout.

Gayle- Love the backsplash!

Melissa- Your website is awesome! Go girl;).

Jane- Hope mom is well. Keeping her in my prayers.

Hi Marcy.