Jogglers January 2017

Alisha ~ I'm sorry you sprained your toes. I hope you are feeling better. OMG!! That is so terrible about the lady in your neighborhood. How horrible!

I did the trail race last Saturday! I loved it! It was billed as 10 miles but was actually 11.2 miles. It was better than last year and they had mile markers which was nice since the GPS was off last year. I was told that GPS doesn't track well when you run zig zags which makes sense. There are lots of switchbacks in that race. We had to run through 4 big water puddles. I tried to go off course on 2 of them and ended up getting scratched. The last 2 I just walked through. It was impossible to go off course for those. We got a finisher "medal" of a piece of wood from the trees on the course. Nice and unique. On the way home, we saw the destructions of the tornados that came by a week before. So sad.

My sister got a job (finally) and starts on Monday. It is about 10 minutes from where I work. I am so happy for her although I will miss her taking care of the house and making my bed every morning.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

This morning I did a running workout mixed in with some tire flips, swings, walking lunges, jump squats and other exercises. The weather was cool but sunny.

Tomorrow morning will be a 8 or 9 mile run. Then it's off to mom's house for her 83rd birthday (actually her birthday is Tuesday but we are celebrating early).

I just got a card in the mail for jury duty. I have to go online and fill out a questionnaire for later.

I ran 2 miles on Wednesday before it started raining.

Tomorrow I have a 5K race. I haven't done a 5K road race since November.

I scaled Mt. Saint Laundry this weekend too. :)

I had a good time at the 5K on Saturday morning. The weather was perfect. My time wasn't great but I took 1st place in my age group. My sister took second. Yesterday I ran 8 miles.

Tonight will be a weight workout - upper and lower body work.

Now it's back to the grind. :eek:

I scaled Mt. Saint Laundry this weekend too. :)

I had a good time at the 5K on Saturday morning. The weather was perfect. My time wasn't great but I took 1st place in my age group. My sister took second. Yesterday I ran 8 miles.

Tonight will be a weight workout - upper and lower body work.

Now it's back to the grind. :eek:
Congrats on your 1st place!

Thanks Alisha!

I ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday and yesterday I did a workout with jump rope, ball tosses over the shoulder, speed skaters and a thruster complex. It was a great workout. Today is a rest day and tomorrow will be a workout with running, punches on the punching bag and something else. I haven't figured it all out. Then will spend the rest of the day at mom's house and going grocery shopping.

I hope you have a fun weekend!

I did 20 minutes of a Leslie Sansone walk. :oops:I did something for the first time since August.

Jane I like Jump rope workouts, it's fun.

Alisha ~ I like jump rope workouts too!! Yippee on your workout!!

I did an upper body workout on Monday, got a new hot water tank on Tuesday and ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday. I am doing something tonight but I don't know yet. Friday is a rest day and Saturday is a 10K race. My friend's dad is coming with us and is doing the 10K as well. He is 82 years old and will probably cream all of us!

I did the 10K race on Saturday. I do love this race. They changed the course a bit so we got to run the one big hill at around mile 2 instead of mile 4. That was better and we ran on a paved trail that was really pretty. The weather was gorgeous and I did better than last year.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Happy Friday!

I love both paved and unpaved trails.

This has been a busy week. On Monday I did a total body weight workout, Wednesday I ran 3 miles and yesterday I did a kettlebell workout. Today is a rest day and tomorrow morning will be some kind of workout and then we will be celebrating a birthday for a family friend.

It's been warm here lately but cooled off yesterday. I haven't run my heat that much this year and I'm glad it's cooled off a bit as I don't have to put the A/C on yet. We've had a very warm winter.

Hope you have a great weekend!

I had a chiropractic appointment today.

We have a mouse in the house somewhere. We got traps, but they are smart!

It has been warm here too. About 70 degrees.

Alisha ~ I hope you find the mouse in your house! It is a cute little white one with a pink nose?

On Sunday I ran and tripped and in doing so hurt my ankle a bit. I think I rolled it. It was swollen and bruised but it's already getting better. Last night I did an upper body workout. Tonight will be a rest day.

It is suppose to be 79 today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.