Jessica Simpson's Body

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ress-Jessica-Simpsons-new-size-12-figure.html

What do think of Jessica Simpson's body?

This article is interesting no matter how you feel about her body type.

Personally, I think that Elizabeth Taylor looked gorgeous in The Sandpiper and Butterfield 8. Her body would be considered obese today.

Ditto Marilyn Monroe.

Actually Michele Obama is not a rail, but I think she is gorgeous. Her toned arms are lovely.

I am not trying to begin another flame war, so please don't take this thread the wrong way.

The pants she was wearing are hideous and make her look bigger than she probably is. It's too bad she forgot that everyone is supposed to be a size 4. It's tough for those of us who have not been size four since our prepubescence.

I think it's all camera angles and awful wardrobe selection. She's the same size I am and I don't look like that (I don't think...). I could though if I wore granny fanny jeans!

Last edited:
I really like her. I don't much care about her size or shape, I think considering most of the entertainment role models young girls have out there, JS is a pretty decent kid.

Yeah, she's heavier than before, but I think she looks worse because of her choice of high-waisted "mom pants"! I think she made the mistake of wearing something that even when she was slimmer, wouldn't have looked that great (I don't think high-waisted pants look good on much of anyone), but looks even worse when she's a bit bigger.

Women can look beautiful in all different sizes, but they have to choose clothes that flatter their bodies.

Thanks for posting that article

It's ok Amy - you won't get a flame war from me.

That was a great article. I even posted a comment on that site too. Someone in the comments section pointed out that a British size 12 is the equivalent to an American size 8. There is nothing wrong with that either. I am a 10 and I think I look good.

I think she looks good - much healthier.

I MUST be missing the sarcasim. Seriously, does anyone really think JS looks "fat" in this picture? (shaking head in bewilderment). My eyes must have gone bad. When I saw the picture, I thought "Wow, Nice A$$!" If she is a size 12 then she must be tall. I think size 12 is size 16 in Europe.

I think the high wasted kind of retro look is in style now, but I still love my low-rise.

Sonja

Actually, Jessica claims to be a size 4, not a size 12. That was another poster who said that that was her size not Jessica's.

She looks awesome. Her butt looks great in those jeans, and her philosophy is the same as mine. I am a size 2, but I'm just small naturally. I drink beer, I drink wine, I eat pizza, cheeseburgers, chicken wings. I enjoy my life and exercise, but not fanatically. It's not worth it to me all that obsessing. I've got enough other things to think about.

I agree with others, in that she is definitely wearing the wrong clothes for her shape - whatever it may be. Those belts are hideous and would make anyone who put them on look heavy - particularly any woman that has larger breasts. The belts make her look like she has no waist at all. And elastic is NO ONE's friend!

I love that the article makes it sound like it's pure torture to work out every day, though. I don't like that take on things. Suggesting that only people that starve themselves and have unhealthy lifestyles workout everyday.

Beyond that, I would hardly call her fat. I'd call her normal. *Gasp!* I know that's forbidden in Hollywood, but I think she looks just fine.
She should just throw away those belts! :)

I agree - hideous clothes

All I know is that it would be a complete nightmare if my picture was sent around the world with billions of people were analyzing my body shape and size. I'd die.

I agree that she should of rethought her wardrobe choice - and that hair! I suppose once you become a country singer you need this type of do.

Okay, I see now. This is a UK article calling JS a size 12 (Size 8 in US). I guess the comments below the article are pretty revealing. Its a tough crowd overseas...yikes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.