Is this the appropriate place to report problems with the on-demand workout blender?

Rookwood

Is this the appropriate place to report problems with the on-demand workout blender? I ask because I am having trouble with some of my earlier workouts being overwritten when I create new workouts.

Sure, just let us know of any problems you're having.

I am having trouble with the workout blender wiping-out workouts I've created and replacing them with segments from more recently-created workouts. For instance:
  • I created a circuit workout that used parts of STS Disc 16 and cardio segments from Step, Pump & Jump.
  • I subsequently created a workout that used segments from STS Disc 4 and cardio segments from Cardio Leg Blast.
  • When I went back to the first workout that used Disc 16, altered it's name and then re-saved it, all of the existing chapters were wiped-out and replaced with the chapters from the workout that used Disc 4 & Cardio Leg Blast.
This has happened 5 or 6 times now, so it isn't a fluke. There's definitely a problem (hopefully others who have run into this will also chime-in here). I have had it happen when using both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17801.

I thought that the bug might be due to the fact that the workouts had similar beginnings to the names (they both began with "STS Disc..."), but I have since tried altering the naming schemes and it still happens.

Edited to add: I have told both browsers to allow cookies from cathe.com, so that shouldn't be the source of the problem.

Sure, just let us know of any problems you're having.
The other problem I've run into - and this one is not urgent or anything - is that the "favorite" hearts keep appearing next to workouts that I have not selected as favorites. If I un-check the heart, it just comes back. Am I misunderstanding how those are supposed to work?

I think I might know what you're talking about...for example, I made up a
Workout and then was going to proceed to make another one but the first
One remained below...so I just went out of the blender and back in, and I
Was able to proceed with making another one.

I think I might know what you're talking about...for example, I made up a
Workout and then was going to proceed to make another one but the first
One remained below...so I just went out of the blender and back in, and I
Was able to proceed with making another one.

No, this is an actual change to the workout itself, not just a temporary display problem. Exiting the browser and coming back fresh does not fix it: once the old workout has been overwritten, it can't be recovered.

I am having trouble with the workout blender wiping-out workouts I've created and replacing them with segments from more recently-created workouts. For instance:
  • I created a circuit workout that used parts of STS Disc 16 and cardio segments from Step, Pump & Jump.
  • I subsequently created a workout that used segments from STS Disc 4 and cardio segments from Cardio Leg Blast.
  • When I went back to the first workout that used Disc 16, altered it's name and then re-saved it, all of the existing chapters were wiped-out and replaced with the chapters from the workout that used Disc 4 & Cardio Leg Blast.
This has happened 5 or 6 times now, so it isn't a fluke. There's definitely a problem (hopefully others who have run into this will also chime-in here). I have had it happen when using both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17801.

I thought that the bug might be due to the fact that the workouts had similar beginnings to the names (they both began with "STS Disc..."), but I have since tried altering the naming schemes and it still happens.

Edited to add: I have told both browsers to allow cookies from cathe.com, so that shouldn't be the source of the problem.

Thanks for the detailed report. We will have a developer take a look at this, but it would be helpful if you could try repeating your exact steps and seeing if the same thing happens? If you get the same problem as before could you also try repeating the same steps as before, but don't try changing the file name? I would like to eliminate the renaming of the file being the cause of your problem and this would probably steer us in the direction of something being wrong with the STS files.

I'm not sure if we allowed or anticipated a user trying to change the name of an already saved file, so this could be the issue. I would like to give our developer as much info as possible as it is difficult to fix a problem if we can't duplicate it. Thanks for any help you can give us.

I just wanted to say that I've changed the name of a workout I made after editing the workout. When I went back to check after reading this, nothing has changed and my 2 workouts are exactly the same way I last left them. Neither of mine have any STS chapters in them so I hope this helps you in figuring out what is going on.

Okay, I think I have reliable steps to reproduce now:

1. Go to the workout blender
2. Click on the “My workouts” tab and sort A-Z
3. Click on the "Video Library" tab, select HIIT 40/20 and drag it over to the purple "Videos" pane. Note that the chapters have populated to the yellow "Chapters" pane
4. Drag the first three chapters of HIIT 40/20 to the blue working pane
5. Click in the "Enter Workout Title" edit box and type "Sample Workout 1"
6. Click "Save Workout"
7. Under the “My Workouts” tab, select “Sort Z to A” and then “Sort A to Z” to re-sort the list (not sure if this step is required, but this is what I did)
8. Click on the Video Library tab again, scroll to MMA Kickbox, and drag that icon over to the purple Videos pane. Note that the chapters for MMA Kickbox have now populated the yellow chapters pane, replacing the HIIT 40/20 chapters. The blue working pane still has Sample Workout 1 in it
9. Click the red x in the blue pane to close Sample Workout 1
10. Drag the first three chapters of MMA Kickbox to the blue working pane
11. Click in the “Enter Workout Title” edit box and type “Sample Workout 2”
12. Click Save Workout
13. In the "My workouts" tab, click on Sample Workout 1. Note that, at this point, the correct chapters are showing for it (i.e. the chapters from HIIT 40/20). No chapters from MMA Kickbox have been dragged to the blue area (though they are still showing in the yellow Chapters pane).
14. Click in the edit box of the blue working pane and change the name to “Sample Workout 3”
15. Click “Update Workout”

Result: Both Sample Workout 2 and Sample Workout 3 now have MMA Kickbox chapters. The HIIT 40/20 chapters are gone. At least, that's what happens for me. Let me know if this does not reliably reproduce the problem for you.

I've made a workout using chapters from different STS discs using chapters from
Other videos and they are fine. Granted, I did not change the name but I think
I did go back later and change a couple things and updated and it was the way
I wanted.

3. Click on the "Video Library" tab, select HIIT 40/20 and drag it over to the purple "Videos" pane. Note that the chapters have populated to the yellow "Chapters" pane
6. Click "Save Workout"
7. Under the “My Workouts” tab, select “Sort Z to A” and then “Sort A to Z” to re-sort the list (not sure if this step is required, but this is what I did)
8. Click on the Video Library tab again, scroll to MMA Kickbox, and drag that icon over to the purple Videos pane. Note that the chapters for MMA Kickbox have now populated the yellow chapters pane, replacing the HIIT 40/20 chapters. The blue working pane still has Sample Workout 1 in it
12. Click Save Workout
13. In the "My workouts" tab, click on Sample Workout 1. Note that, at this point, the correct chapters are showing for it (i.e. the chapters from HIIT 40/20). No chapters from MMA Kickbox have been dragged to the blue area (though they are still showing in the yellow Chapters pane).
14. Click in the edit box of the blue working pane and change the name to “Sample Workout 3”

Result: Both Sample Workout 2 and Sample Workout 3 now have MMA Kickbox chapters. The HIIT 40/20 chapters are gone. At least, that's what happens for me. Let me know if this does not reliably reproduce the problem for you.

I just had the same thing happen to me. I was wondering why my other 2 workouts I created, then edited and changed the name were not affected like you said yours was. So, I just created a new workout and saved it, clicked on a different workout from before and just edited the name and now that workout was completely erased and taken over by the previous workout I just created. It still has the edited name but new workout. I was playing around to see if I could recreate what happened to you and just did. But yet, I did edit my other workouts one at a time, meaning I edited one, logged off, and later went back and edited the other but never created a new workout. So maybe the problem is creating a workout then going back and editing another at the same time (same log in).

If I'm making a couple workouts at the same time, I have been exiting out of the blender and then back in making another one
from a "fresh start" so to speak and that works fine.

I had the same thing happen to me, but luckily is with only one workout I created. It was the first workout I created with the blender so I thought maybe that had something to do with it? It wasn't with STS, though, it was a mix I created blending the LIS workouts AT, AB and CSS. I also thought that maybe it was a problem with needing to exit out of everything before starting another workout. Hopefully it won't happen again. To be safe, I've been refreshing my browser after every premix I create (after saving it) so that, like aqua girl said, I'm getting a "fresh start" before attempting the next premix.

My biggest problem so far has been that I can't get the mix to play back smoothly. I stream using my Iphone 5. I have to press play again with each chapter rather than the workout smoothly going from chapter to chapter. Every time the chapter ends I have to run to the remote to press play again. Very irritating. I thought it was the adapter I was using which plugged my Iphone into the HDMI cable to the tv so I went out and bought an Apple TV to stream with instead. After figuring out how to get it to stream (I had to restart my phone to get the AirPlay to show up on my control panel), I found the same problem with it stopping after every chapter.

Also, do you think Apple TV will ever allow us to add a Cathe channel/app like Roku does? I'll bet the streaming would be a lot smoother if you don't have to go through a peripheral device...

I have the slowest internet in the world (LOL) and my chapters advance ok, I use the low quality playback and there is a 3-5 second
lag between the chapters changing, but they do change. I did one of my workouts this afternoon and it played back fine, actually that
time the chapters changed pretty quick. I use my ipad mini with hdmi adapter and cable to tv.

I have the slowest internet in the world (LOL) and my chapters advance ok, I use the low quality playback and there is a 3-5 second
lag between the chapters changing, but they do change. I did one of my workouts this afternoon and it played back fine, actually that
time the chapters changed pretty quick. I use my ipad mini with hdmi adapter and cable to tv.
The weird thing is that when I just watch the playback on my phone it advances to the next chapter just fine. As soon as I plug in the adapter or try to use the Air Play with the Apple TV that's when it suddenly stops between each chapter. :(

6. Click "Save Workout"
12. Click Save Workout

Our lead developer found a small issue in the code where we retain the order of saved workouts. He has now fixed this issue and we hope this will solve your problem. Can you refresh your browser and confirm that this is working properly or not?

Our lead developer found a small issue in the code where we retain the order of saved workouts. He has now fixed this issue and we hope this will solve your problem. Can you refresh your browser and confirm that this is working properly or not?

I went back through my steps and it looks like the problem is fixed. Thank you! I will continue playing with it a bit and see if the problem crops up in any other situations.

I went back through my steps and it looks like the problem is fixed. Thank you! I will continue playing with it a bit and see if the problem crops up in any other situations.

Glad to hear it seems to work now. If you or anyone else sees a problem just let us know. We're testing a lot of things today and working on improving the WB performance. There have been some other issues reported and I don't wont those of you have reported these issues to think we have forgotten you. Some things are easy to fix, while others will take further study. Everything reported here will be investigated as soon as we have the time to do so.

Glad to hear it seems to work now. If you or anyone else sees a problem just let us know. We're testing a lot of things today and working on improving the WB performance. There have been some other issues reported and I don't wont those of you have reported these issues to think we have forgotten you. Some things are easy to fix, while others will take further study. Everything reported here will be investigated as soon as we have the time to do so.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys rock with your responses and online assistance. Thank you for everything you do. I am so impressed with you.

I have this same issue...
My biggest problem so far has been that I can't get the mix to play back smoothly. I stream using my Iphone 5. I have to press play again with each chapter rather than the workout smoothly going from chapter to chapter. Every time the chapter ends I have to run to the remote to press play again. Very irritating. I thought it was the adapter I was using which plugged my Iphone into the HDMI cable to the tv so I went out and bought an Apple TV to stream with instead. After figuring out how to get it to stream (I had to restart my phone to get the AirPlay to show up on my control panel), I found the same problem with it stopping after every chapter.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.