Is anyone still doing STS?

I've done it a few times, although I've never managed to complete Meso 3. I'm afraid the low reps with LONG rest periods are not my cup of tea. This was especially true with the chest/back workouts where you do the same two exercises for 4 rounds and then those long rests...which of course is necessary but I dunno...I just didn't enjoy it. I love the Plyo Legs workouts though and use those when I'm not doing STS (along with Cardio Leg Blast and now RWH Lift it Hit it Legs...love contrast training! :D)
The Plyo Legs are just KILLER, but well worth the effort. I agree that the breaks are long in M3 upper body, but I do appreciate them because I'm always needing to adjust my weights up or down. I did some standing ab work, kicks, and lunges when I found myself waiting around. ;)

I agree nckfitheart2009, it is a great program. I've attempted it before, but became "bored" with the longer rest periods and so much weight work. Cathe has so many super fun workouts I wanted to do instead. However, this time I'm totally loving it. Makes me think of that saying - when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it a few times, although I've never managed to complete Meso 3. I always wind up doing Meso 1 and Meso 2 and then moving on. The first time I did it I got two weeks into Meso 3 and bailed out of boredom. :oops: I'm afraid the low reps with LONG rest periods are not my cup of tea. This was especially true with the chest/back workouts where you do the same two exercises for 4 rounds and then those long rests...which of course is necessary but I dunno...I just didn't enjoy it. I love the Plyo Legs workouts though and use those when I'm not doing STS (along with Cardio Leg Blast and now RWH Lift it Hit it Legs...love contrast training! :D)

I am another one who love to explode:D:D RwH LIHI Leg is really taxing on legs. I will sub this to some plyo during meso 2.
So many good stuff little time. Oh let's not forget LBB

I just restarted this past Monday. I've lost count at how many times I've done the program as is, something like six or seven. This time though, DH is joining me for the first time. It's way more fun when someone is suffering along side you. I'm also going to pick a series each week for the cardio portion. My current schedule is STS on M/T/W with the legs on Tuesday. Thursday is a long cardio day and Friday is a circuit style workout. Each time I do the program, I've made strength improvements. My STS workbook is all scribbles and soft edged, like a well worn diary. :)

This forum is so quiet... I was just wondering if anyone still uses STS.[/QUOTE
I am currently doing STS - I am in Meso 2 starting week 3 on Monday. I never loose weight when doing the program (this is my 3 rd round). But this is also the first time I have added cardio in. Cathe posted her recommended cardio rotation to accompany STS. It is generally MWF - STS weights; TR - steady state workout; Sat - HIIT Sun - rest/walk/stretch. I am not really a cardio person so this has been a challenge for me by adding the cardio...but I just LOVE STS.

In M3, I usually work my abs in-between or start dusting :D

Dusting!!! lol!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I had a 'false start' with my STS program... I was trying to do it at the gym, but because of all of the equipment changes, I got frustrated, and felt it would be better to do it at home. For the past couple of weeks, I've been clearing out a small space in my home, and getting everything organized. Very excited to start again. Guess I have to deal with the DOMS all over again, too... Those first two workouts made me sooooo sore!

Dusting!!! lol!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I had a 'false start' with my STS program... I was trying to do it at the gym, but because of all of the equipment changes, I got frustrated, and felt it would be better to do it at home. For the past couple of weeks, I've been clearing out a small space in my home, and getting everything organized. Very excited to start again. Guess I have to deal with the DOMS all over again, too... Those first two workouts made me sooooo sore!
Good luck, and have fun! Two more workouts and my 3-1/2 month STS Rotation is in the books!!! :D

Dusting!!! lol!!!!!

:D:p Yes, I start dusting :D The breaks are long enough :D

Dusting!!! lol!!!!!

I don't know if that been mention? O I write all my STS workouts out. I write down each of exercise and what weights I use for each exercise. Have all your weights handy and layed out. I pretty much put all my weights, equipment (bands, fire walker) in front of me, this way I don't have to look/or run around to get it. Saves me a lot of time and my workout goes that much smoother :) I have a huge workout room. Of course, you can print out the STS workout card too. I just find it easier plus I been using the same STS workout written paper for years, just change the date and weights each time. Good luck :)

Dusting!!! lol!!!!!

Ladies, ladies..... I totally see your mind, body connection during the long rest breaks.... Minds says: I lifted so heavy, I can see the dust settling and the body says: Time to pull out that swiffer duster! LOL!

I just find it easier plus I been using the same STS workout written paper for years, just change the date and weights each time. Good luck :)

I use the same paper workout sheets too. "Recycle, Reuse & Reduce" ;) And it's great to see where your weights were on the last workout and how your increased or decreased the weights.

Nathalie,

We were going to start this back in September. You moved yours to November and I'm holding off till January!
I'm getting excited to start though! Keeping myself motivated in the meantime!

Go Nathalie Go!

@FireLight

Thanks for your enthusiasm and support. Yes I postponed because it was still warm September.
Then I got less motivated cause my father was very sick --- Long story. He is fine now and it is time to get back on the saddle!

What made you postpone to January? Most of us prefer to do STS during winter. Didn't you notice this?:);)

What made you postpone to January? Most of us prefer to do STS during winter. Didn't you notice this?:);)

Hello Nathalie,

I changed it to January just because November & December are such hectic and busy months for me.

Glad to hear all is well with your father!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.