IRONMASTER QUICKLOCK DUMBBELLS

Hazlady

Cathlete
Hi, I am looking at purchasing adjustable dumbbells and was wondering if anyone has used the Ironmaster Quicklock Dumbbells for STS and other Cathe workouts. If so, do you like them and are they easy enough to change weights during the rest periods for Mesocycles 2 and 3? I live in New Zealand and unfortunately we don't have PowerBlock dumbbells or many other brands available here and they are too expensive to ship from overseas. The only other brand we seem to have here is Bowflex which is a similar price to the Ironmaster, however I have read some bad reviews about Bowflex with weights falling off.

My husband and I have been using the Ironmaster quick lock dumbbells for about a year. I love them over the Selectech's we had previously. There are pins on either end of the weights that weigh 2.5# each and once I got the hang of using them I found I could swap weights fairly quickly, though I haven't started STS yet to know how long the rest periods are in those cycles (still doing the prep work IRM's). They are well made and sturdy and I don't see any chance of weights falling off.

Thanks for your reply Bronwen88. I have completed STS now and I didn't end up going with adjustable dumbbells. In Mesocycle 2 you do double wave loads in Week 3 and drop sets in Week 4 and there is very little time to adjust dumbbells between sets. There is more time in Mesocycle 3 between sets. As this was my first time doing STS I only had to purchase a couple of sets of heavier weights, up to 10kg (22lbs). In future I will try to find some heavier dumbbells second hand.

Good to know! Thank you! I'm good with weights up to about 35# so anything over that I use the Ironmaster. It will be my first time through so I don't think it will be an issue with what I already have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.