Inversion table

labnick

Cathlete
We have been thinking about buying one. A couple of my DH's friends have them and swear by them. One has said his back has never felt better. Since we really do not know much about them and our backs are not something we want to experiment with we have started our own research.

This forum has always been a great place for me to receive honest opinions so if any of you have them and use them what are your likes/dislikes etc.?

Thank you!

We have one and I hate it. My DH loves it and uses it every day. I don't like the feeling of blood rushing to my head. I have no problem with shoulder stands or the plow in yoga but don't like the inversion table. This is our second one. We have had them for years. My husband hangs and does situps! This impresses me. He claims his back feels wonderful and he has never had any back problems. If you have a friend that has one, try it.

We have had ours for a couple of years. Hubby loves it. I like it too but don't use it as much as he does. When the kids visit they love to get on it too. We got it from HSN but if we could do it again I'd go to Craigs list.

Carmen

I'd like to try it at least. But not sure if it would be worth it. I mean I have problems in my neck and my lower back. I have slight scoliosis in my back in three places but not so bad it is noticeable unless it's on an X-ray. But I went to chiropractor and he says I have three disks kind of pressing tog where and that might be why I have headache so maybe if I can get a table it can pull my disk some in neck to get the nerves not pinched. Any ideas if it helps for that? Cause like when I do yoga and go forward bend and relax my neck and breathe it seems to help some

I have a teeter inversion table. We had to move it out to the barn cuz not enough room in exercise room. When you first use them it says to go at an angle, so you don't just start off totally hanging upside down.
I like it best after I have done a high impact step routine, and my back sometimes gets sore from the jumping and feels like the discs are compressed. It feels really good to hang for a few minutes after all that.
I don't have any back problems, and have never been to chiropractor, so my advise is not professionally, but I do enjoy it and think it feels good on the back. Maybe see if you could buy one and return it after 30 days if you don't like it.
Good luck!:D

Thanks everyone! We are still looking at tables and leaning towards a teeter brand. Still have yet to make a final decision though!

I have one and love it. I use it every day after I work out.

Mine is an IronMan made with memory foam. It has a lumbar support pillow. In my opinion, the key is pressing your low back into the lumbar support.

When I first received the table, I was not doing this and noticed my lower back bothering when I got off the table. Once I started pressing my lower back, and engaging my abs, the back pain went away and I started noticing a difference in my sciatic pain. I hope this helps.

Thank you all for your posts! We finally purchased one and it will arrive on Wednesday. We were able to try one out this weekend and my husband thought it was amazing. His back was bothering him a bit and he noticed a difference after trying it. He is thrilled and I am happy!

We have one and I love it. I haven't been able to use it for the last three months due to remodeling and it was stored away. I sure do miss it. Can't wait until I can start using it again. I have issues with my low back and I feel so much better after I get done using it. I was using it every day after my workout.

Enjoy your inversion board.

Brenda

Lab nick I was curious if you have tried thus yourself? And does your husband still find it helpful ? I am thinking of getting one. My husband keeps saying he would like to get me one because of my back and neck. I know it's been awhile since this thread but I figured it is enough time to know if it helped you any? Love to hear you thoughts thanks

Lab nick I was curious if you have tried thus yourself? And does your husband still find it helpful ? I am thinking of getting one. My husband keeps saying he would like to get me one because of my back and neck. I know it's been awhile since this thread but I figured it is enough time to know if it helped you any? Love to hear you thoughts thanks

Hi Renee!

We love it. I try and use it most days after working out. I feel it completely relaxes me. Gives me that final stretch. My DH is the one with back problems and he loves it and it has been wonderful for him. He is on his feet all day so before he goes to bed he hops on. Before our Teeter he was at the Chiropracter several times a year because he threw his back out. He has not been to the chiropracter at all this year since we purchased it in January. His Uncle is a chirpractor and lives in CA. Before we purchased we called and asked his advice. He could not say enough about why we should get one. That pretty much sealed it for us. We spent slightly more to get the teeter model that has the easy access for the feet. I would recommend this.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.