Intermediate Please!

I wasn’t aware that new LITE series was intermediate but I ordered it anyway because it’s low impact. It just arrived and I too am loving it. This aging Cathlete and her joints thank you so much, Cathe!

This LITE series is exactly what I was looking for and what I had hoped for, since I realized, that for example FIT SPLIT goes - according to my age, I am 65 - beyond my capacity. So more of LITE any time, and I would also appreciate, if the focus should be laid on BACK. Cathe has a lot of back exercises in every series, but perhaps a whole series on this would be useful for all in my age?

I know lots of people on here want to see only advanced workouts from Cathe Friedrich and I understand that. I own the full LITE set and it is very intermediate. I have 2 of the ICE and they are harder. I've managed to buy a few of the Strong and Sweaty DVDs second hand - I have cardio Slam and the Bootcamp - both of which seem to me be at the high end of intermediate level. (In fact, I thought the ICE bootcamp was tougher than the Strong and Sweaty one. S&S one uses some heavier weight occasionally but the step height stays lower throughout.)

I used to have the ONDemand and will probably be getting it back in the Autumn but when I had that I got the impression that there had always been quite a few more intermediate workouts in the range.

Cathe is filling a gap in the market with her more intermediate workouts and that makes good sense for everyone. I had been working out every day with the same home DVDs for over a year and I was ok but not progressing. There are not that many that are moving people out of intermediate and towards advanced and I think that's what a lot of the Cathe range does really well. It's certainly working for me. I thought that at 57 I had got about as fit as a woman my age could but working out with LITE, ICE and then S&S has changed that. So now, I'll be looking to acquire more advanced stuff - like I said, it's good sense for all. Intermediate exercisers like me get fitter, they look to buy more advanced material from Cathe and so her business thrives that bit more.

What prohibits me in the advanced workouts is often the amount of weight used.

It's also worth remembering that Cathe has a loyal following going back decades. Nobody gets younger so maybe some more intermediate workouts will sell well even amongst loyal Cathletes?

Especially here in the UK, the range of home workouts available is very poor - we get a few released just after Christmas, most of them dull vehicles for reality TV stars or Breakfast time presenters, working out with their 'trainer'. They're all very beginner to intermediate. I think in the USA you have it pretty good, which is why I started shopping from US websites :) I know people have said that anyone can do intermediate workouts and that Cathe should focus on advanced but trust me, finding stuff that is going to help you make that transition to advanced is not easy. That's what Cathe's 'intermediate' workouts do.

From what I understand, the next range is the Step Boss which is labelled as advanced so hopefully everyone is happy.

I know lots of people on here want to see only advanced workouts from Cathe Friedrich and I understand that. I own the full LITE set and it is very intermediate. I have 2 of the ICE and they are harder. I've managed to buy a few of the Strong and Sweaty DVDs second hand - I have cardio Slam and the Bootcamp - both of which seem to me be at the high end of intermediate level. (In fact, I thought the ICE bootcamp was tougher than the Strong and Sweaty one. S&S one uses some heavier weight occasionally but the step height stays lower throughout.)

I used to have the ONDemand and will probably be getting it back in the Autumn but when I had that I got the impression that there had always been quite a few more intermediate workouts in the range.

Cathe is filling a gap in the market with her more intermediate workouts and that makes good sense for everyone. I had been working out every day with the same home DVDs for over a year and I was ok but not progressing. There are not that many that are moving people out of intermediate and towards advanced and I think that's what a lot of the Cathe range does really well. It's certainly working for me. I thought that at 57 I had got about as fit as a woman my age could but working out with LITE, ICE and then S&S has changed that. So now, I'll be looking to acquire more advanced stuff - like I said, it's good sense for all. Intermediate exercisers like me get fitter, they look to buy more advanced material from Cathe and so her business thrives that bit more.

What prohibits me in the advanced workouts is often the amount of weight used.

It's also worth remembering that Cathe has a loyal following going back decades. Nobody gets younger so maybe some more intermediate workouts will sell well even amongst loyal Cathletes?

Especially here in the UK, the range of home workouts available is very poor - we get a few released just after Christmas, most of them dull vehicles for reality TV stars or Breakfast time presenters, working out with their 'trainer'. They're all very beginner to intermediate. I think in the USA you have it pretty good, which is why I started shopping from US websites :) I know people have said that anyone can do intermediate workouts and that Cathe should focus on advanced but trust me, finding stuff that is going to help you make that transition to advanced is not easy. That's what Cathe's 'intermediate' workouts do.

From what I understand, the next range is the Step Boss which is labelled as advanced so hopefully everyone is happy.
Absolutely agreeing that Cathe's intermediate level workouts are far far better than anyone else's. I've seen others, too, saying Cathe should just do advanced, the argument being that her advanced are better than other advanced, and anyone can do intermediate. Well, no, that's just not accurate. Most other intermediate fails in the same way that a lot of non-Cathe advanced fails. So I'm grateful she does both. As to the amount of weight she uses in more advanced workouts, I use the weight I can, and if I need a longer break, I take it. I can make a lot of her advanced workouts work for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.