Interesting Article

Thank you, very interesting. This summer I participated in a free meditation from Oprah & Deepak 21 Day Meditation Experience. At the time I was in the middle of a CLX rotation, I felt like I could really focus on what I was doing, which, in that program you do anyway because the moves are more unusual compound by the last phase. It was also the first time I shut the music off. I didn't feel as if I needed it & still enjoyed what I was doing. I meditate regularly, practice being mindful now, don't laugh I do! and think it has a positive effect on my workouts, any kind, and entire day. I think Ms. Tsafou & her colleagues acknowledging that "mindfulness facilitates the acceptance of things as they occur, enabling us to accept negative experiences and view them as less threatening" is a perfect point to make. That does make exercise more enjoyable, more of the time, even when it is particularly challenging.

There is another free 21 Day Experience, March 16th, at Chopra Center Meditation. Try it out, it is 20 minutes a day, guided & can be a good introduction to being more mindful.

I've been doing the https://www.headspace.com/ program. I've found this one very helpful, too. I never knew what it meant to "be present" but now I know how important it is to just focus on your task at hand and try to forget about everything else that is on your daily agenda.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.