ICE

elsie3

Cathlete
I posted over in the DVD Questions and Comments forum, but I thought more people would see my question over here. How "intermediate" is ICE? Am I missing out? I've always done pre-orders since discovering Cathe years and years ago, but I skipped ICE because it was intermediate. Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out (like I don't have 2 shelves full of Cathe workouts as it is!). ;) Is the cardio intense enough? I'm not worried about the weight workouts, as you can always up your weights.

Thanks!

Hi, elsie3. I posted a reply over on the Questions and Comments area. I think the cardio is intense enough if you include the blizzard blasts. But, even without the blizzard blasts, it is nice to have lower intensity options for days when you are not feeling up to par, or for when you need a little variety. Personally, I find that my body responds best when I throw in a couple of lower intensity weeks between my Hiit/heavy lifting weeks. Keeps my body guessing!

Elsie:

quite honestly, with some of these DVDs in the ICE series, there isn't much difference between some of Cathe's other Advanced workouts and these ones. I find it a very useful little series, not easier at all than the Strong & Sweaty series in fact. I also think that the series is worth the $ for the Muscle Meltdowns alone. And Rockem Sockem is way better a kickbox workout than the one in the Xtrain series, and more advanced. When it comes on Deal of the Day, get it!

Clare

I posted over in the DVD Questions and Comments forum, but I thought more people would see my question over here. How "intermediate" is ICE? Am I missing out? I've always done pre-orders since discovering Cathe years and years ago, but I skipped ICE because it was intermediate. Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out (like I don't have 2 shelves full of Cathe workouts as it is!). ;) Is the cardio intense enough? I'm not worried about the weight workouts, as you can always up your weights.

Thanks!

ICE is an intermediate level series just as it was announced. That is my opinion. It is an intermediate level for someone who has been
working out cathe for years 90-98%. Are you missing out, it depend on what you are looking for at this point. if you are looking
for an overall less intense series go for it. RwH is in my opinion an INTENSE series. plyo 2 is an intense cardio. It is short and get the job
done!ATH

Last edited:
Elsie:

quite honestly, with some of these DVDs in the ICE series, there isn't much difference between some of Cathe's other Advanced workouts and these ones. I find it a very useful little series, not easier at all than the Strong & Sweaty series in fact. I also think that the series is worth the $ for the Muscle Meltdowns alone. And Rockem Sockem is way better a kickbox workout than the one in the Xtrain series, and more advanced. When it comes on Deal of the Day, get it!

Clare

You got me with your description of Rockem Sockem! Thanks!!!

ICE is an intermediate level series just as it was announced. That is my opinion. It is an intermediate level for someone who has been
working out cathe for years 90-98%. Are you missing out, it depend on what you are looking for at this point. if you are looking
for an overall less intense series go for it. RwH is in my opinion an INTENSE series. plyo 2 is an intense cardio. It is short and get the job
done!ATH
Yes it does help. Thank you for your reply!

I was surprised to find ICE not as intermediate as I had anticipated, and I have been doing Cathe workouts for well over a decade. I think alot of the moves are similar to her other workouts, however, ICE seems to have less reps for some of the exercises which for me makes it less intense. I do however find this not a bad thing. It is still my most used series. I love the Muscle Meltdowns! ICE workouts definitely make me feel less worked out with no dread factor. I have RWH and I find those her most intense and I need alot of energy to do do those.

I have relied on To The Mat Legs & Glutes to get me through "leg day" without putting weight on my feet when the PT flares up. The Muscle Meltdowns are BRUTAL, and the Blizzard Blasts are great little add-ons!!!! The other aspects of the series are beneficial when you need to work out with a little less intensity. I was on the fence at first, but am so glad I ordered the series.

The other aspects of the series are beneficial when you need to work out with a little less intensity. I was on the fence at first, but am so glad I ordered the series.

This is exactly how I felt. I didn't pre-order, was passing it up (my first time ever) because it was supposed to have modifiers and I figured I'd never use it because I've given away any workouts that did have modifiers in the past. I thought it was going to be too easy, and thus boring to me, but its one of my most used sets. Its especially useful if you are recovering from injury. Without telling me, my best friend pre-ordered, and I am really happy he did.

I think alot of the moves are similar to her other workouts, however, ICE seems to have less reps for some of the exercises which for me makes it less intense.

I answered in your other thread, but I also agree with this. Many of the moves are similar, but the pacing is just a bit different. Either fewer reps, or more breaks, or a slightly slower pace. Some of the changes are subtle, but overall the workouts are less "punishing" than some of her flat-out advanced stuff. (At least for me ;) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.