I need On Demand 101

Melnjross

Well...actually Cathe Live 101...I have tried reading through the tutorials but I don't feel like it answered my questions...I am considering purchasing monthly membership to Cathe Live as I have every DVD from Cathe I want and do not need On Demand. If I purchase an Apple TV will I be able to get the Cathe Live app on my Iphone and plug into the Apple TV for viewing? If so, how many offerings per day/week are there?

We don't have a Cathe Live App yet. That's still in development, but yes you can play Cathe Live on your mobile device and then play it on Apple TV using Apple AirPlay. We usually film one new Cathe Live segment almost every week and we have 130 shows that we've done in the past. Not trying to push OnDemand on you but even if you have every DVD it's still not the same as having Cathe OnDemand. Our Workout Blender makes it possible to easily mix any segment from any Cathe video with any other Cathe video or to download a premix created by a fellow Cathlete. You can also more quickly find and select a video or Premix using our OnDemand App than you can by trying to find and load a DVD.

Okay! Thank you so much for the thorough response. I will consider Demand. I just assumed since I had (nearly) every DVD by Cathe, it would not be of any benefit. However, there seems to be some unique features to consider. Thanks again. Happy New Year!!

...I forgot to ask if we would have access to all of the past Cathe Live shows, the 130 you referred to... as well as the new weekly ones? Do you have to participate in the Live classes real time or will they be available for later viewing as well? Thanks again!

Last edited:
All 130 classes are saved, and you can do them as often as you like. Having Live gives you access to all of the classes when ever you want. I hardly ever actually do the weekly class as it airs, because it starts too late. It will be ready and waiting for another day. You can do as many classes as you want in a day. There is no limit.
It's awesome!!
I can't speak for the on demand portion because I don't subscribe to that.

I've had both since the day it was offered. Don't regret it at all. I do live more than my dvds now. I also love the blender. I rarely ever put a dvd in. I haven't ordered the last 2 series because of having On Demand. I love it. I gives me more space not having to keep all those dvds. Now, I haven't gotten rid my dvds I've purchased because that is just crazy, but I never had all of Cathe's. So now I can mix and match anything anytime. LIVE ROCKS!!! BTW- I just use a laptop with an HDMI cable and no problems ever (unless my internet goes down).

I've had both since the day it was offered. Don't regret it at all. I do live more than my dvds now. I also love the blender. I rarely ever put a dvd in. I haven't ordered the last 2 series because of having On Demand. I love it. I gives me more space not having to keep all those dvds. Now, I haven't gotten rid my dvds I've purchased because that is just crazy, but I never had all of Cathe's. So now I can mix and match anything anytime. LIVE ROCKS!!! BTW- I just use a laptop with an HDMI cable and no problems ever (unless my internet goes down).

So you just have a regular laptop computer you stream them off of to your television with the cable? That's it? No need for the Apple TV ? Just checking my options...thanks!

Thanks so much for the replies! I have almost every DVD she's made minus her earlier "steppy" ones that I just don't want. So if it is pretty simple, I may just start out with Live to get it all figured out and possibly upgrade at a later time. I have spent so much on all of her DVD's, I don't know, it just kinda makes me feel sickly to let those sit and collect dust! I'm so excited about this. I have never been able to get enough of her workouts. They are very addictive :D!!!

So you just have a regular laptop computer you stream them off of to your television with the cable? That's it? No need for the Apple TV ? Just checking my options...thanks!

That's exactly what I do. Laptop to HDMI cable to TV. Whatever is on the laptop screen is mirrored on the TV.

Another vote here to get both OnDemand/CatheLive if you can. That workout blender is AWESOME And I do the same thing, stream from my Chromebook via hdmi cable and it does good. Sometimes I use my iPad w/ the
New OnDemand app to stream to TV. When I do it that way, I have to use the Apple hdmi adapter to hdmi cable.
But if you stream directly from laptop, you only need hdmi cable to TV.

I guess I was overthinking...when I saw the different options in tutorials...I never saw using HDMI from any laptop and there you go (unless I missed it)! This seems so simple but the tutorials had my head spinning o_O. I have a cheap laptop from Wal-Mart and I am assuming now, any laptop will work and I am pretty sure I have a HDMI cable here. I just watched some of her Live classes clips on her you tube channel and I am over the moon about getting started! WHY did I not realize I could do this dozens of DVD purchases ago lol!?!?!?!

Don't feel bad :), I have All of Cathe DVDs since way back when, even still have some much older workouts of hers
On VHS! But I don't regret getting them and will continue to get them as long as I can. But I truly love On
Demand/ CatheLive too! Just different ways to do great things!

The laptop is easiest, there no app needed, just log into Cathe Live/On Demand. You do have to create a new user name and password for it, but the user name is usually the first part of your email address before the "@". Also, if you have a slower internet connection, just choose the lesser quality. They give you 2 options for live, high and low quality for this reason. If you do On Demand, they have 3 to choose from. Hope all of this helps.

Thank you all for the responses. I am still working my way through Strong and Sweaty along with a few other new DVD's I ordered after Christmas that I have yet to try! Now my husband is shaking his head at my desire to soon purchase Cathe Live atop my massive workout library...I say at least it's a healthy addiction...after reading these boards, it seems as if I am not alone :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.