I got someone arrested....(long)

Carolyn,

I'm sure your call will be a shock to the office - up until now they thought the kind hearted people that have made donations calling from California were a shock...haha! Thanks so much for your help!

Lori

Hello All,

I wanted to update you on a few things.

First, no pics yet. :( The vet was supposed to email them to me but I think she was distracted. I sent a call in, but I'm sure it's not an emergency in their eyes so it may be tomorrow before I can get anything posted here unless the doctor is planning to email them from her home??? If so, you WILl see them here later this evening. Just stay tuned for them because I want you to see who you have been helping!

Next, Mr. T (Toby - this is what we plan to name him when the legal part of things blows over) is home now. The pneumo thorax thingie that caused air in his chest cavity was actually making his lungs collapse! The vet tech said that the doctor took "alot" of air out of his chest cavity. You could tell too because he had a lot more gusto his his bellowing all the way home from the vet office! I have him crated right now so he is safe and wont run and jump around with that cracked pelvis. He's still a bit ruffled but I figure he'll calm down in a day or so.

I got to see little Sandy this afternoon when we picked up Mr. T - and all I can say is 'oh my'. He was still groggy, but his little legs are so pitiful looking! You know how a kitty's back leg is rounded in the front? Kinda like in a constant bend? the front of the rounded parts (maybe a bit off center) are split and then restitched due to what they had to do for him. he's looking super pitiful too because they shaved his entire lower half (from mid abdomen down) other than his tail for the surgery...he looks like he's wearing a big sweater! He just makes me wince to look at him. Then the vet said he could come home tomorrow if his temps are okay and that makes me nervous too! But i'll be happier as he gets better day by day.

As for the criminal case, I did speak with the arresting officer this afternoon. I do know the beasst is still in jail, and will likely remain there since the judge ordered a $5K bond on EACH charge! teehee...I'm sure he doesn't have that kind of money laying around. Also, this creep's wife/girlfriend ratted on him because of course, he denied hurting the animals. I may also have to testify too, if he doesn't accept a plea deal...which tHRILLS me...I want to know what this @#$*(*&@$%*^ looks like!

The officer also asked for paper work on the initial fees of the autopsy for the deceased kitten, and the xrays, blood work on Sandy and Mr. T, so hopefully the DA will follow through and cover that part of things. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks for all you have done and will do to help out with this and please check back for pics. If I don't put them in this thread, I'll make a new one! Just keep watching! :)

Lori

My brother has been a police officer for 8 years and he says the criminals who really make him sick are people who abuse animals and children. Children and animals depend on responsible people to take care of them. People who abuse animals and children are several cards short of a full deck and are capable of even worse crimes in society. Throw the book and a bag full of extremely heavy objects at him!

I have been without a computer for the last couple of days, so I'm just seeing this for the first time. Count me in for a donation...I will call tomorrow.

I'm so glad to hear that your state takes these kinds of offenses so seriously! And I'm so touched at everyone here rallying for the cause! What a great bunch of gals and guys!

We just adopted a rescue doggie of our own just two days ago. I think I'll go give him a big hug now!!

Thank you so much! Yeah, I am happy this guy is probably going to have a long wait in jail to think about what he's done.

Amy, you said "let's hear it for the kitty lovers of the world". Don't hold it against me, but I'm really more of a dog person myself. But you don't have to be a cat person to be shocked and horrified and to want to help a helpless creature. And to want that monster to PAY for what he's done. I'm with you, Jerry. If I ever got my hands on that guy.....

I called today and made a donation with my credit card. The woman I spoke with asked me if I wanted to "stop by and pick up the receipt". I told her I was calling from New York and she seemed quite surprised! Go Team Lori!!

HAHA! I think it's great! They've had quite a few shocks like that today. You guys are such a great group of people - I feel honored! -truly honored to call you all friends.

:)

Additional info: I wanted to let you know that about 5 or more local businesses are agreeing to let us put collection jars out to collect more for the care for Sandy and Mr. T. We're still waiting on pics so we can put these jars together.

I wanted to let you all know that I started thinking "what if we get more than what we need for Sandy and Mr. T?" I spoke with the financial people at Middletown and told them that any excess could go to other rescue charges on my account.

Then, if heaven should shine on us, and we end up with a credit of any kind, I want you all to know that every red penny will stay with the vet's office as a credit and be used ONLY for rescue efforts.

This is important, because there may be an additional need for that anyway, because when we picked up Mr. T tonight, and saw Sandy and his xrays, DH asked an important question - "will Sandy need the pins removed later in life since he's so small? Or need additional surgery?" We don't know the answer to that question yet.

So, I just want all of you to know that I am 100% legit on this. I wouldn't take advantage of any of you, and this rescue "mission" I am on is so important to me, I would never want to do anything to jeapordize it.

What do you all think of this? It's important that you all are okay with this situation since you are going out on a limb for me, as well as my little friends! :)

:)

>HAHA! I think it's great! They've had quite a few shocks
>like that today. You guys are such a great group of people -
>I feel honored! -truly honored to call you all friends.
>
>:)

Lori, it's knowing there are people like you in the world that it make it possible to hear a story like this and still continue to believe in humanity. It is we who are honored to know you.

I'm know I'm late here but I also want to commend you Lori and your husband for what you're doing. I'm in the midst of the move and won't have internet access for a little while, but I just wanted to do a last minute post to thank you for being guardian angels to these poor kitties.

I just called the office to make a donation and got voicemail. I guess they are closed for the day. I'll try again tomorrow. :)

Yes Lorie, your plan to hold monies over in an account to pay for future vet care is fine with me. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we're all very proud of you and what you're doing. ;-)

>I'm know I'm late here but I also want to commend you Lori
>and your husband for what you're doing. I'm in the midst of
>the move and won't have internet access for a little while,
>but I just wanted to do a last minute post to thank you for
>being guardian angels to these poor kitties.
>
>I just called the office to make a donation and got voicemail.
> I guess they are closed for the day. I'll try again
>tomorrow. :)

Amy, good luck with your move! I hope all is well in your new home and that you have many years of happiness there. :)

Amy,

Thank you so much! I will PM you with my personal email address so when your internet is back up you can email me for pictures - k?

Thanks again!
Lori

Michele,

Thank you so so much!

Because you all have stood behind me in this, I want to put some other pics together of ones I've rescued already, so you can see them first hand, and know their stories.

Look for that under a new thread in the coming days!

Lori

Yes, we're all very proud of you, Lori. :) Thank you (and anyone else involved in rescue efforts for both humans and our furry friends) for all you do. I'm honored to have been able to be a (very small) part of it.

Like, Nancy, when I called the vet's office today around 9am they asked me where I was calling from and I told them CT. They were very surprised, indeed. And I was so touched and glad to have been a part of Mr. T's and Sandy's rescue efforts.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Thank you so much Nancy! That means alot to me. It means so much to me that all of you would rally behind a cause that is so dear to my heart. You guys are the greatest!!!

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much! I'm so happy we made their day shocking them with donations from all over!

***OH! BY THE WAY! ANYONE can take your donation - so you do NOT have to ask for DONNA - you can talk to anyone at Middletown. I think the poor woman needed a drink after her day today! HAHA!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.