I got someone arrested....(long)

Allison,

That's okay - anything will help. The adult was called Mr T. and we left it that temporarily because of the legal matters, but I think i will change it to Toby later. The kitten of course we named Sandy.

:)

Lori

No, make the check payable to them because the portion you guys are donating for is what the state will NOT cover. I plan to have that part put in a separate bill and sent to them...

I thought I would add - the state/DA's office is only going to pay for what they asked to have done; that is the autopsy on the deceased kitten, and the xrays and blood work on the adult male and the kitten (Mr T. and Sandy). All "treatment" is what you all are donating for.

***I think it's safer to donate directly to the clinic too, so no one questions where the funds are going - you know?***

And of course, if you have any additional questions on this, please ask and I will get the answers if I don't know them!

You guys are so kind!

PS. I hope to have pics of Sandy and Mr. T for you tonight...

Check's in the mail. Please kiss these little innocent survivors for me when you can. Thanks for what you do. Looking forward to the pics.

The woman I spoke wtih at the clinic (I didn't ask for Donna, I figured whoever answered would know what is going on) was very nice and she voiced my thoughts exactly when she said, 'Sometimes we forget there really are some wonderful people in the world'.

From Lori to all of the other people on this thread, thanks for restoring my faith in mankind. :)

Deedee

>From Lori to all of the other people on this thread, thanks
>for restoring my faith in mankind. :)

I learned a long time ago that there are some really wonderful people on this board -- so kind and giving. It truly is restorative.

I called and made a donation with a credit card. I didn't ask for Donna, but the woman I spoke to knew exactly what to do. The process was very easy.

DeeDee, Jerry and Michele and anyone else that has or will donate:

Thank you so much for your generosity! You will never know what this means to me!

Please check back later this evening for post surgery (pitiful) pics of my little Sandy -as well as Mr. T.

I will research the criminal case too, and hopefully have a link for you on that story soon. I searched our local sites last night but there was nothing there for some reason...

Stay tuned!!!

Okay, I just got off the phone with Middletown and am pleased to hear the kitties are doing well. I just spoke to the lady who answered and she certainly knew YOU. She told me the monster who did all this will easily get 15 years in prison! I told her I need to find out what the laws in West Virginia are so we can make changes here in Ohio. I'm not sure exactly what our laws are but I know the guys convicted of animal abuse here never do time. That needs to change so now I'm researching the laws in West Virginia and will be trying to find out how we can get our laws changed. Someone in West Virginia sure was forward-thinking. It's time to get laws in Ohio regarding animal abuse out of the dark ages.

Please keep us posted regarding Papa and baby. I'm checking in here often to get the latest.

Stacey

HAHA! Stacey - you beat me to it! :)

I just found out that little Sandy is doing well and just woke up from his surgery. His little legs are all shaved and they went ahead and neutered him! (GASP! He's probably thinking - what did I do to deserve THIS?)

I can't tell you how relieved I am that he made it through - I was worried! They are emailing me pictures of him this afternoon, and I will get them on here as soon as I can.

Thanks again to all who have or will donate for the care of these poor little things.

I will continue to keep you updated on their progress and the criminal case - and yes Stacey - let's hope he's in there for a long long time for hurting these innocent animals.

Lori

We could probably get a restitution sentence, but then we'd wait forever to see a dime of it. I'm not holding my breath on anything coming from him. I think he ought to have all of this material good sold at auction until it's taken care of, but that's apparently not how the law works.

Most people who know me will you tell you that I am a fun-loving, non-violent person, that's the image I always try to portray and I try to live my daily life in this manner.

That said, upon first reading this post, my only thought was what could I possibly to this scumbag if given 10 free minutes alone with him. I'd be going to jail as well as him.

My mother raised me right, venegence isn't worth it, but man, I gotta tell you, there was a part of me that had that "eye for an eye" look in my eye.

It's a little late here in Germany but tomorrow I'll be sending a donation as well. It's often very hard for me to read posts about animal cruelty/deaths/etc but I'm glad I read this one. It's nice to know that there are so many generous people here as well. :)

Carolyn

I just finished reading all of these posts. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked to know that someone can do such horrible things to a defenseless creature (I mean, I am in Michael Vick country) but I always am. I guess that just means that I still have a pulse and can call myself a human being.

Lori, you're amazing. You've done so much, but I hope you can keep us informed on the progress and outcome.

I have just gotten off the phone from making my donation. I told the woman I spoke with that our next step is to charter a bus and all of us would pay a visit to Mr. Macho Animal Abuser and have a little "talk" with him. She thought that was a good idea, too!

And to all of you on this thread, let me just say, I have never felt so proud of being part of a group in my life as I do right now with you guys!

((((((((((((BIG FAT GROUP HUG))))))))))))

I alternate between being upset and proud. Upset that a kitty was murdered and two others harmed and that anyone can be so devoid of conscience as to hurt a poor, defenseless creature who only wants to love and be loved. Proud that people care enough to open their wallets to help, even though times are tough; proud that people are helping cats (there are a lot of cat haters out there... I don't understand why); proud that there's a place somewhere in the United States that got the law right (upset that so many other states, including mine, have not). In the midst of all this needless suffering aren't you all THRILLED this monster is going to be in prison for at least FIFTEEN YEARS? It should be like that everywhere. Is that great, or what? Just having that monster behind bars (for 15 years) will almost surely save many innocent animals - and probably his wife and kids, since these guys don't seem to have an "off" switch when some stupid thing makes them mad. Lori, I hope you can keep us all abreast of The Monster's punishment. Once this moron is behind bars I believe I'm going to send that prosecutor a fruit basket!

I'm getting all teary eyed reading this. I will be contacting the clinic tomorrow with my donation. Capital punishment was created with just this sort of hateful person in mind. Let me in on the "education" of this "man." The one pleasant thought (well, two- the first is healing kitties; the other is the welcoming committee's party for Mr. Man when he arrives in his new neighborhood - I hope they give him an extra-special "welcome")!

> I told the woman I spoke with that our next step is to charter a
>bus and all of us would pay a visit to Mr. Macho Animal Abuser
>and have a little "talk" with him.

I'll provide the bats--Louisville sluggers, anyone?

Lori- As a mother of 4 kitties....3 of whom were homeless before we took them in....I give you great credit and lots of hugs!!! My little Peanut was thrown away in a dumpster (that's where he was saved from)!

Anyway, when I get paid this Friday, I will definitely put a check in the mail to the vet's office!

Let's hear it for the kitty lovers of the world!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.