How do you get 6 pack?

You can do all of the core exercises you want, but unless you have a low body fat percentage, you will never see that six pack. You have to eat clean in addition to working the core.

Good diet and an exercise program to promote fat loss plus training abs often and with heavy weights periodically is what did it for me. :)

Last edited:
Can you have flat abs after having 6 kids, with one of those pregnancies being a twin pregnancy? I have pretty good abs for having six children, what I can't get rid of is the little pooch and the extra fat around the waist that comes along with having babies! I'm pretty good about my eating habits, but I am not super strict.

Can you have flat abs after having 6 kids, with one of those pregnancies being a twin pregnancy? I have pretty good abs for having six children, what I can't get rid of is the little pooch and the extra fat around the waist that comes along with having babies! I'm pretty good about my eating habits, but I am not super strict.

Lulu--I have my own theories about that. i have two children. One was born by C-section and the other was an attempted V-back in which the prior C-section scar ruptured, so I had a lot of abdominal surgery aftewards. I am at a healthy weight but I have "loose skin" on my lower abs which I don't think will ever go away short of a tummy tuck, which I will never get. I have nothing against them, but I have gone under the knife too many times and I don't want to ever again unless it is necessary. I think that age is a consideration as well is if someone has lost an enormous amount of weight. The older you are, the less likely your skin will "tighten" back up, and the larger you are, the more loose skin you will have after a massive weight loss. I've heard more than one (famous) trainer say that, for some people, all the diet and exercise in the world will not get rid of loose skin--only surgery. So I live with the small pooch I have.

IMO, having 6 babies is much more of an accomplishment then having 6 pack abs. Kudos to you!!

Everyone has a six pack

Hi,

I must agree to some of the above posts. Everyone has them, but low body fat reveals them. Also, Have you ever heard of morning abs? I am a competitor and usually have abs all year around, but in the morning they look the best. After my last meal, due to fluid, sodium and just plain eating my meals, that aren't so visible. That stands true for everyone. I have always heard that abs don't pop until you are less than 15 percent body fat.(but that is just what I've heard and plus, I have no idea what my bf is.)

Keep working and they will pop.

Jennifer Wade

To follow up with wadejen, my husband lifts quite a bit however you can only see his abs when he's hungry. Too funny! :)

oh wow so do you do figure competitions ? my cousin is a trainer

Hi,

I must agree to some of the above posts. Everyone has them, but low body fat reveals them. Also, Have you ever heard of morning abs? I am a competitor and usually have abs all year around, but in the morning they look the best. After my last meal, due to fluid, sodium and just plain eating my meals, that aren't so visible. That stands true for everyone. I have always heard that abs don't pop until you are less than 15 percent body fat.(but that is just what I've heard and plus, I have no idea what my bf is.)

Keep working and they will pop.

Jennifer Wade

Lulu--I have my own theories about that. i have two children. One was born by C-section and the other was an attempted V-back in which the prior C-section scar ruptured, so I had a lot of abdominal surgery aftewards. I am at a healthy weight but I have "loose skin" on my lower abs which I don't think will ever go away short of a tummy tuck, which I will never get. I have nothing against them, but I have gone under the knife too many times and I don't want to ever again unless it is necessary. I think that age is a consideration as well is if someone has lost an enormous amount of weight. The older you are, the less likely your skin will "tighten" back up, and the larger you are, the more loose skin you will have after a massive weight loss. I've heard more than one (famous) trainer say that, for some people, all the diet and exercise in the world will not get rid of loose skin--only surgery. So I live with the small pooch I have.

I will also live with my small pooch...Amen to that!! Thanks!

It is

It is correct that you cannot get rid of the loose abdominal skin unless you have had surgery. I have heard that a tummy tuck is extremely painful, and it can leave an awful scar. I would just stick with what you have. I had breast implants, and I am a very small woman, 5"1' around pounds. This quack gave me double D breasts, and I have had a bad back from it, herniated discs and all. My advice is to stay away from surgery. This doctor recently lost his license, and he deserves it.

I had a tummy tuck (12 years ago) and it was one of the best things I could have done. My breast surgery was way more painful. My stomach is still flat and while I have a scar, it is not visible in a bikini and it sure beats the ugly pooch/loose skin I had.

P.S. I was 19 when I had the surgery and I have no children. My huge weight loss at the time wasn't very kind to me, nor were my genetics.

Last edited:
I don't have loose skin, tht's why I would never consider major surgery. What I do have a small pooch, that sometimes depending on what my diet is i'm able to get it somewhat flat. I'm not even trying to get a six pack, I would be to unhappy if I had to be extremely strict on my diet. I love my wings and french fryes!! :)

Here is a great proof of genetics my granddaughter @ 6 years old( last year)

Attachments

• image-2803382745.jpg
    image-2803382745.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3450366668.jpg
    image-3450366668.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 34
If you have loose or hanging skin

If you have loose or hanging skin, the only thing that will get rid of it is surgery, and I do not recommend surgery. I only have two kids, and I had them via C Section, so I do not have that problem right now. My back is very bad, and I use kickboxing to work my core. My sore neck will not allow me to do curls.

It is correct that you cannot get rid of the loose abdominal skin unless you have had surgery. I have heard that a tummy tuck is extremely painful, and it can leave an awful scar. I would just stick with what you have. I had breast implants, and I am a very small woman, 5"1' around pounds. This quack gave me double D breasts, and I have had a bad back from it, herniated discs and all. My advice is to stay away from surgery. This doctor recently lost his license, and he deserves it.

I had a full tummy tuck, including muscle repair, last year.
I had sagging, loose skin, and while I didn't have diastasis recti, my muscles were so stretched out that I looked about 4 mos pregnant after my 2 kids.

I can tell you that my tummy tuck was no more painful than my C section, and recovery was identical. So if you've had a C, you know what you're in for...about a week of trying not to laugh or cough. Then it's fine.
It was the best decision I ever made for myself, and while I respect everyone's opinion and choice...please don't let other's bad exerpiences throw you off if you're considering it.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.