Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Pre-Order ICE Now

Home Step causes cancer?

Discussion in 'Fitness by Cathe Exercise Products Suggestions' started by ssviatyi, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ssviatyi New Member

I recently bought the Step @ Home and Firewalking loops and became worried when the boxes of these 2 products had cancer warning signs. I contact the company Altus that manufactures them but, the still don't reply and it's been a week already. I am concerned and was thinking on returning the products since there is no feedback from them.

image-2412101248.jpg

image-4173725159.jpg

2. SNM Videos Administrator

The warning you see is because of a state law in California that requires companies to prove a product doesn't cause cancer or you have to include the warning label that you see. Since it is virtually impossible to prove a product doesn't cause cancer, it's just a lot simpler and safer from a legal perspective to include the warning label.

3. hiho322 Cathlete

We live in such a litigious society, it's simply ridiculous! But yes, I understand why those labels need to be there.

4. Fembot40 Cathlete

Phew, for a second there I thought I was screwed.

5. story1267 Cathlete

LOL! So much for healthy living through fitness, right? :eek:

6. mackenzie Cathlete

Well, if my step causes cancer, then I guess I'll just have to deal with it! Besides, eating healthy and exercising helps ward off cancer, right? So I guess were even.