Help me chose a new LB workout!

mini-natty

Cathlete
Help me choose a new LB workout!

(why can't typo's in the title be corrected? :mad:)

Calling all hardcore LB w/o enthusiasts :eek:.

I'm feeling antsy for a new LB workout, so I know you guys are the right ones to help me decide which *1* (yes only one ;)) to add to my collection.

Here is what I DON'T have:

CTX Leaner Legs
Butts & Guts (I have not bit the bullet yet. Can you believe that??)
Legs & Glutes
S&H Legs & Shoulder's
Pure Strength Legs

I want this w/o to destroy me [insert evil laugh here]. I want my thighs and glutes to "talk to me" for days afterwards. I prefer "heavy" as opposed to "endurance", but whatever gets the job done then I'll gladly take it.

And you must tell me WHY YOU like this workout the best.

FYI-for all those that are going to suggest B&G, please keep in mind that I will never do the entire 70min workout. I will break it up into standing/floor. So with that being said, is this w/o still effective?

TIA everyone!

Last edited:
Butts and Guts of course! :eek:

I pretty much only ever do the standing portion and it ROCKS! :eek: You know how much I love floor work :rolleyes:. lol I will occasionally do the floor portion and the bonus stuff if I'm feeling really crazy. :p I rarely use the ab portion of the disc since it's pretty crunch heavy and I'm all about planks these days. :D

The only one I don't have on your list is Butts & Guts -- well, my copy of LL is on VHS and we don't have a functioning VCR anymore, but I remember loving to hate it. LOL

Legs and Glutes is my hands-down favorite. I often dread lower body work, but that one flies by for me and I always feel it afterward.

Most of those workouts are endurance, not heavy, with the exception being S&H, which I find too slow, puts me to sleep.

I really like Butts & Guts but I feel it works the butt more than the thighs, so I'd say Legs & Glutes. Leaner Legs...not sure you can by that separately or not (???) For me what gets my legs talking is XTrain Cardio Leg Blast!

(And, I dont even see your typo??) ;)

Last edited:
Colleen
I already knew what you were going to suggest ;). Thank you!

sjane
Thank you. I love Body Blast, so L&G interests me :D. I never dread LB work. If anything, I thrive on it :eek:;).

Stacy
Thank you. And yes, I am downloading so I can purchase the w/o's separately :D.
I have the XT w/o's and I will agree about CLB :eek:. I have Plyo Legs too :eek:.

Butts & Guts...today's deal of the day...it's a sign that it's meant to be! :p

Why? It's just a fun workout, you get to use your firewalker band and it has really great premix options.

Lisa

Last edited:
I tried Legs & Glutes for the first time this morning, posted about it on Video Fitness and am just now seeing this thread. What a coincidence! Here is what I posted on VF:

I did Legs & Glutes for the first time this morning (yes, I've had it FOREVER and I'm just now getting to it!). XTrain Legs was on the rotation schedule, but I wasn't looking forward to it and knew that I needed to mix it up if I was going to exercise.

Well, I really enjoyed L&G and it's really similar to XT Legs! L&G has a standing portion, a barre portion (though it's not called barre because I guess that wasn't a "thing" back then) and a floor section. Although it doesn't have ball & chair, it uses the high step for the same exercise she does in the ball & chair portion of XT Legs. I felt like I got a lot done in a shorter amount of time - L&G is only 51 minutes.

My only complaint was that my heart rate was really elevated and Cathe moved really quickly between exercises - I usually don't need to pause her DVDs a lot but I did this morning. I also went heavier than she did, so that may have been the difference. I will be using this again next week when XT Legs is on the schedule!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.