Having Problems Today

I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems today accessing the live videos. I do not have a problem getting the DVD's just the live ones. I was trying to do summer 2016 and it won't load. It just goes to a black screen after I hit the play button. I have not had a problem up until this point, and was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues.

Kristie

Hey Kristie May, I tried playing Summer 16 and the high quality does not play for me either. It sits there thinking but nothing happens. I did clear my cache and cookies but the high quality still does not play. I was able to play the low quality version however so maybe try that one.

If the high quality does not play then I always try the low quality version.

I hope this helps.

Additional information: So the high quality does not play on my regular PC in Chrome. I would have tried Firefox but it seems to be having issues right now at least for me.

I went over to my workout room and tried to play the high quality summer 16 on my android tablet and that worked. I have Chromecast and the casting button is not showing on that one, but it does play on my tablet.

Thank you for checking on it for me. The low quality one didn't work for me either. I am still having problems, I cleared the cache but it didn't help. I was able to get cardio boxing to play today so I did that one. Its weird that some work and some don't.

Kristie

I can not get some of the older ones to play for me either. on low quality...As a rule, I haven't had a problem for awhile, until now.
What gives, I wonder?? The new ones (ex: this year) play fine....

I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems today accessing the live videos. I do not have a problem getting the DVD's just the live ones. I was trying to do summer 2016 and it won't load. It just goes to a black screen after I hit the play button. I have not had a problem up until this point, and was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues.

Kristie

Hi Kristie, I was seeing this too. I've re-uploaded the high quality "Summer 2016" file and it's working for me now. Can you test and let us know if it is now working for you?

Well, I am still having problems getting low quality to play on Chrome. As a random check, the 6/11/15 class won't play, the 8/11/16 class
won't play, but the 6/1/17 class does. so don't think it's my end. What's going on now? I haven't had this problem before, things have been
playing........

ETA: just tried the random 2 classes above with the app on iPad, the ones that won't play on
Chrome thru website, low quality, 6/11/15 and 8/11/16, and they will play on iPad thru app, so
Not on my end, why aren't they playing thru website on low quality, before 2017 classes?

Last edited:
I got mine to play through Microsoft Internet Explorer today. I've noticed also that they will play on my tablet but not my computer at times as well. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Well, I am still having problems getting low quality to play on Chrome. As a random check, the 6/11/15 class won't play, the 8/11/16 class
won't play, but the 6/1/17 class does. so don't think it's my end. What's going on now? I haven't had this problem before, things have been
playing........

ETA: just tried the random 2 classes above with the app on iPad, the ones that won't play on
Chrome thru website, low quality, 6/11/15 and 8/11/16, and they will play on iPad thru app, so
Not on my end, why aren't they playing thru website on low quality, before 2017 classes?

Hi aqua, When you try to play a video you're having an issue with on your computer if you right click on the player a button will appear for you to click and report an error. If you can do this and report the results here it would be helpful. If when you right click you don't see the "error reporting button" it means you're cached and are trying to access an older version of the player and video file.

Also, the apps have never used the older player. They only use the new player. So when you use the app you're using the new player, but when you use your computer you may be cached and still using the older player. There are other differences too like operating system and browser version that could also be causing the issue you're having

i sent in the report earlier today on the 6/11/15 class, just checked, seems to play now, what was the problem? i was able to right click and
report, so not cached....

i sent in the report earlier today on the 6/11/15 class, just checked, seems to play now, what was the problem? i was able to right click and
report, so not cached....
We haven't touched the 6-11-15 class file. So, can't say why you were having an issue.

very strange, I just reported 2 more low quality that won't play. I randomly went thru about 6 or so, and found 2 more that wouldn't start
playback. Some do, some don't....doesn't make sense....

Hi aqua girl, Try this little trick IBM just discovered. Just put the player and web browser in Full screen. Files that I was having an issue with will now play once I do this. This has worked on every file I was having a problem with. This is something IBM will have to fix with their player, but at least they can now duplicate this particular issue.

Ok, I can see, but I think on my Chromebook when the player comes up, it is full screen, looks that way,maybe not
And also when I have right clicked and chose the video won't start playback and clicked send, it sends it but
Says it went to Ustream (?) not IBM...

ok, i had to try it, picked 2 older low quality ones, tried them to see if they would start first, and they wouldn't, so I did find out I wasn't full
screen like I thought, I put it on full screen mode, and alas ! they both started playing. It worked... :) but it should still be fixed....

Just thought I'd test a few more....two of the older low quality ones that I picked started fine, then I tried that 6/11/15 class again (the one that
didn't work, then did work) and again, it wouldn't start....so I tried your "trick" again, putting player in full screen and she started right up !
That's weird, isn't it? Thanks for figuring that out, I would have never thought of that....You know your stuff ! :)

I can put my phone when it's playing on full screen mode, but not the browser....doing this did not help with my issue.

Hi fox2star, I forgot that you were only playing on a mobile device. Still when IBM fixes this issue it may help you too with casting. If it doesn't then moving the files hopefully will fix the issues for you. IBM has several teams of engineers currently working on this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.