Have to work out in garage

hulagirl

Hi everyone! I am hoping for some suggestions. I live in a condo and have set up my "gym" in my garage. I pre-ordered the low impact series and was wondering what others are doing if they have a floor that is not conducive for the sliders. As you can image, they don't work so well on concrete. Are there others in the same situation with a floor that isn't slider-friendly? If so, did you just get a big area rug? Suggestions would be great, thanks!

Hi--I also live in a smaller home (which I love) and have my workout area in my garage which takes up 1/2 of my 2-car garage. I do not work out on the bare concrete though--I have an older 9 x 12(Ikea) very very low pile rug that I put out there. It gives me a little bit of cushion and just makes it look nicer...also a disk works great on it....also it gets pretty hot here in Calif..so I have a portable/rolling air conditioner, TV (of course) and all the things I need right there. I love it! And everyone knows that's mom's space!

I have often wondered if the neighbors wonder what is going on in there when they hear my dvd's...or if it bothers them...but I have not gotten any complaints.

Last edited:
PUZZLE MATS - working out directly on the concrete is really bad for joints anyway. The puzzle mats are inexpensive, easy to move around, add the cushioning necessary and the sliders should work on them, as well.

Thank you for all of the ideas! I appreciate it and tralaiven, I have often wondered the same thing about my neighbors! LOL!

Another Garage Dweller

We have a three car garage and I have the third space. I have both a low pile area rug and a remnant from the carpet inside the house. I currently use super sliders for any sliding work I have, but I am really looking forward to the discs with the new series.

I do need to add a portable air conditioner as I live in West Texas and the fan isn't cutting it!LOL

Gwynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.