Has Anyone Modified STS and only done 2 Workouts per week?

LK1

Hi there!

Has anyone used STS but only done 2 weight workouts per week? I have gained some weight in my late forties and have limited time to workout on weekdays. Sometimes an hour is just too long! (especially late at night) I am considering doing legs and one upper on the weekend and then hitting the next upper body on the following weekend with a different leg workout. Then I could do 4 shorter cardio workouts on the weekdays. Bad idea? Has anyone tried this and if so, what results did you get (or not). Thanks!!

I'm thinking you really need to hit 1 body part per week to get results... I just posted a thread about shortening the STS workouts... I'm wondering about the results from that. I may just try it and see what happens! lol

I haven't tried it but I was just thinking maybe you could skip leg routine and squeeze legs in with your cardio routine on weekdays? Like HiiT where there's a lot of jumps and legwork? Just a thought. And anything is better than nothing :)

I haven't tried it but I was just thinking maybe you could skip leg routine and squeeze legs in with your cardio routine on weekdays? Like HiiT where there's a lot of jumps and legwork? Just a thought. And anything is better than nothing :)
I like this idea as I'm considering starting an STS rotation in Aug and really only want to do the upper body workouts from them and do my own legs. I have cardio covered on my own with walking challenges and elliptical. This is a good idea and I think I'll try it this way - skip the legs and add in my own if I feel so inclined.

Great question! I've had to postpone starting STS due to vacations and I know I have the time now to start but I too only want to focus more on the upper half/core since my legs have always been pretty strong. I was thinking about alternating STS upper with XTrain upper then throw in legs once or twice a week. But I know that's not how the program works.... ugh! Please post how things turn out for all that try variations - I would greatly appreciate it! And good luck! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.