Has Anyone Modified STS and only done 2 Workouts per week?

LK1

Hi there!

Has anyone used STS but only done 2 weight workouts per week? I have gained some weight in my late forties and have limited time to workout on weekdays. Sometimes an hour is just too long! (especially late at night) I am considering doing legs and one upper on the weekend and then hitting the next upper body on the following weekend with a different leg workout. Then I could do 4 shorter cardio workouts on the weekdays. Bad idea? Has anyone tried this and if so, what results did you get (or not). Thanks!!

2tina72382

Cathlete
I'm thinking you really need to hit 1 body part per week to get results... I just posted a thread about shortening the STS workouts... I'm wondering about the results from that. I may just try it and see what happens! lol

Heramys

I haven't tried it but I was just thinking maybe you could skip leg routine and squeeze legs in with your cardio routine on weekdays? Like HiiT where there's a lot of jumps and legwork? Just a thought. And anything is better than nothing :)

dbclark

Cathlete
I haven't tried it but I was just thinking maybe you could skip leg routine and squeeze legs in with your cardio routine on weekdays? Like HiiT where there's a lot of jumps and legwork? Just a thought. And anything is better than nothing :)
I like this idea as I'm considering starting an STS rotation in Aug and really only want to do the upper body workouts from them and do my own legs. I have cardio covered on my own with walking challenges and elliptical. This is a good idea and I think I'll try it this way - skip the legs and add in my own if I feel so inclined.

kathydaffy

Cathlete
Great question! I've had to postpone starting STS due to vacations and I know I have the time now to start but I too only want to focus more on the upper half/core since my legs have always been pretty strong. I was thinking about alternating STS upper with XTrain upper then throw in legs once or twice a week. But I know that's not how the program works.... ugh! Please post how things turn out for all that try variations - I would greatly appreciate it! And good luck! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.