Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for week of 2/4

No workout today, I've been kicking a cold all weekend and most of yesterday all I did was sleep and read. I'm feeling better today but didn't want to chance it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back at it. It felt good to just sleep in a bit.

Have a great day everyone! :)

This morning I did Les Mills Combat 45 Kata, 43 min, 315 calories. I then did X Train legs premix standing and floor adding ankle weights to the floor work. I added the 100 rep hip thrust challenge, 50 minutes, 267 calories. TOtal time was 93 min and calories burned 582.

Debbie, resting and reading sounds nice. I hope you get to feeling better. I have been lucky so far in not getting the colds. I think the GNC Super Food Supreme has really helped my immune system. It tastes nasy but I guess it is worth it.

I seriously should not have worked out today. My head is still all stuffed up and I have a killer headache. But I really wanted to do something. I chose Cardio Coach #1 and just did it. My HR didn't even get up to the high 140's. Oh well.

I'm tired now and want to go back to bed, but off to work I go....

CARDIO STATS:
38 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
10 mnutes above zone
289 calories burned
2 miles traveled

This morning's workout was Les Mills Upper Body Blow out 25 min, 190 calories and Core Attack 18 min, 90 calories. I then did X Train Burn Sets back, biceps, shoulders, and core 1, 61 min, 353 calories. Total time was 1 hr 44 min and calories burned 633.

Debbie, I am sorry you are feeling bad. Do you think you are getting another sinus infection?

No workout this morning, way too congested again. I have medicine head and I'm very tired. I wish I could just stay home and sleep.

Diane Sue - No, this feels different. Just a head cold.

Roselyn - Thanks!

Hope you all have a great workout!

Today I started my workout with weights, Cathe X Train burn sets for chest and triceps with the w/u, 31 min, 155 calories. I also did the 100 rep challenge for triceps. It took me 6 min and not quite as many breaks but I was really feeling it and started to wonder why I chose 8# dumbbells. I then did Combat 60 live, 54 min, 454 calories. I finished off with Shiva Rea's Power Yoga flow segment with all of the hip opening stuff 18 min, 52 cal. I have been missing out on a lot of the stretching I usually do and my legs, hips and low back are letting me know about it. It felt really good. Total time spent was 1 h4 43 min, 640 calories.

Last edited:
No workout today but I am feeling much better. My mom made me chicken soup yesterday so I stopped by to get some after work. I swear, within 2 hours of eating that stuff I felt better. My head is still a little stuffed, but not pounding like it has been. Maybe tomorrow I can get on my treadmill for a workout.

Have a great workout everyone.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Debbie, nothing like homemade chicken soup, especially when our moms make it!!

Today I did Les Mills Shock Plyo and Burn Triceps from xtrain.

This morning I started my workout with Les Mills Combat Lower Body Lean Out which is pretty much a cardio workout, 30 min, 243 calories. I then did Cathe's X Train Cardio Legs but doing the premix strength only, 37 min, 285 calories. I was able to go heavier than they did because I was not doing the cardio segments. I then did Combat Inner Warrior strength and stretch, 18 min, 95 calories. Total time was 85 min and calories burned 623. I want to get in that second delt workout this week and some 100 rep challenges along with core. The next two days are cardio with Les Mills so that should be easy :) I am feeling the tricep 100 rep challenge. I want to do the 100 rep scarecrow challenge. That is the only one that I have not tackled.

Debbie, glad that you are on the mend. That was so nice of your mother to make you chicken soup. Homemade is so much better than that canned stuff.

Roselyn, nice workout choices :) I really have been enjoying Les Mills and now X Train.

No workout again today. I'm starting fresh on Monday. My eating has been good, so I'm happy about that. I'm hoping to add a day of weights next week. Maybe I'll do High Reps or come up with a workout on my own. I need to feel the weights in my hands again.

Today I did Les Mills Combat 45 Kata, 44 min, 308 cal. I then did X Train Tabatacise Step Blasts only mix 7 min, 62 cal. I followed with Combat Core Attack, 17 min, 82 cal.. I followed with bits of X Train doing Core#2, Delt bonus, 100 rep scarecrow, and 100 rep lateral raise, 38 min., 152 calories. Total time was 1 hr 45 min and calories burned 624.

Les Mills Lower body and xtrain legs, strength only.

Diane Sue, I know you are busy but if you get time you should make a rotation I am loving and copying some of your workouts combining Les Mills and xtrain, maybe??:)

Today I did Les Mills Combat 60 Extreme Cardio warrior, 53in, 401 calories. I then did the X Train Low Impact all out Hiit all floor mix 22 min, 189 calories. I finished off with Cathe's Yoga Max express#1 32 min, 121 calories. Total time was 1 hr 47 min. and calories burned was 711.

Roselyn, thanks:) I have been looking over these last couple of weeks of Les Mill Combat and trying to think how I will incorporate X Train. The Combat Hiit workouts are a lot like upper and lower workouts. I think they pick up a dumbbell once during plyo Hiit and the other Hiit workout uses weights and strength moves through a lot of it. I have found some areas lacking on weights with it such as triceps, biceps and back and X Train has been great for additional weight work in all areas. I will see what I can do :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.