Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2021

This morning I started EPIC III and did Day 1 - Legs. This was a tough workout but more taxing on my knees than anything else. I had to skip a few things because my knees were burning. I hope I don't hurt them doing these workouts. It was a good one, though.

40 seconds on/20 seconds off

Squats: 30# barbell - 2 sets
Static Lunges: 15's - 2 sets each side
Kneeling to Squats: 12 # - 1 set per side (I did NOT kneel, I just did small lunges to a squat)
Heel Elevated Squat: 15's - 2 sets
Forward Leaning Lunge: 12# - 1 set per side
Kneeling to Squats: 15# - 1 set per side, did not kneel
Staggered Squats: 15# - 2 sets per side
Lateral Lunges (side to side):20# - 1 set
Kneeling to Squats: 15# - 1 set per side, did not kneel
RDL's (deadlifts): 20's - 2 sets
1/2 Rep RDL's: 20# - 2 sets (these burned like crazy)
Kneeling to Squats: Really, another set? Skipped
X5 Goblet to Standing: 20# - 2 sets
Reverse Lunge on Step: BW
Kneeling to Squats: BW - SKIPPED!
Squat to Alternate Reverse Lunges: BW - Skipped

My knees were toast by the end. Good workout though. It was 46 minutes.

Belinda - So far I am liking EPIC III. Can't wait for the next workout. I don't miss Cathe workouts. LOL!

Diane - Nice job with your workout. I get doing the hair thing, my shoulders used to ache like crazy when I did my hair. Now it's not so bad anymore. My hair is getting really long and it doesn't seem as hard to style anymore. I think that is why hospice was at my cousins house, they told us it was to help her recover but hospice doesn't help people recover, a nurse aid does that. So I figured when they said that she was at the end of her life. I can't believe how much she has improved, her daughter told me yesterday that she is improving with each hour that goes by. I am so thankful to God for this. He has heard our prayers for sure. I forgot about that injection your received that helped your shoulder. It's too bad those are only temporary fixes. I sure hope they can do something to help. You might need to do shoulder surgery. My other cousin had that last year and she recovered really well and is so happy she did it. Now she has to get the other one done. She has arthritis too.

Roselyn - I see you skip Caroline's cardio, too. those scare me. Way too many exercises that has you drop to the floor. Not for me.

Cam - I love Kelly's kickboxing workouts, they are fun for me and safer to do than Cathe's. At least for me. She doesn't do much kicking and I'm ok with that. Her RAW channel is awesome and so cheap. You should join it if you already haven't. Nice job on your leg workout!

Doreen - Your puppy cracks me up!

Hope you all have a great workout today!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

DIAMOND Chest, Triceps and Abs Workout - Upper Body | EPIC III Day 28 is done.

Debbie - I am glad to hear your cousin is doing better. I am so happy to hear that. I will keep her in my prayers. The kneeling to Squat, I had to modify that one too. Glad you liking it so far. LOL, on not missing Cathe's workouts.

I have a doc appointment. BBL

Sorry I did not check in yesterday, we had very high winds so they had to cut our power so the power lines would not start a fire in our area. However, no fire here but there are several around the state caused by the wind. Needless to say, I did not workout. Today it is beautiful outside so I went for a 5.4 mile walk through the hills, 1 hour 45 minutes and I burned 1,051 calories. I am dead LOL. We have a 6 hour drive tomorrow to get to Mammoth so I wanted to get in a good amount of movement today since I will be sitting a lot in the car. I will not be checking in till Monday so I hope you all have a great week of workouts.

When I get back I will get back into lifting again, I think I need a break this week, I am feeling much better and my stiffness and aches and pains are going away.

Debbie, great job with the EPIC 111 workout today, I dont think my knees could handle that much leg exercises all in one day. I am so glad to hear that your cousin is doing better!!!!! The power of prayer really does work!

Belinda, great job on the epic workout today, you are doing great with this series. I will get back on it once I come back from my short vacation. How is Sadie? I bet you love her to pieces!

BBL to read the other posts for the day. Have a great week everyone!

We had quite a storm last night. Before I went to bed I looked outside to check the patio furniture as I kept hearing the slide. It was really high winds. I woke up at 4 am with lightning and pouring rain and went back to sleep. I heard my husband come in from work around 5:40 and went back to sleep again. When I got up I had a warning of tornado on my phone saying it would be up after 5:30 am and to seek shelter. I guess I slept through all of it. Then my dog Gertie did not come and greet me when I got up. At first I was not concerned as she has a second bed in workout room 2 which I call Gertie's room. After I made coffee and opened the back door so she could use the doggie door I went looking for her. I could not find her anywhere and I noticed her dog bed was missing. It freaked me out as I lost my other dog in the middle of the night and my son and grandson came and picked up her body. So, after searching the garage, I thought to look in our bedroom and my husband had set her dog bed by his side and the bed and she was curled up their sleeping. She gets anxious over storms. Whew! I was relieved then. She rarely goes in our room unless she is feeling ill or something and needs out right away.
Workout today was Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T., 30 minutes, 212 calories, heart rate 160/180, 3,501 steps. I modified on arm movements for the right side. I then did Fit Tower Advanced legs, glutes, and core no core mix(did not do the side leaning leg work as it would put pressure on my shoulder) I also did not get a complete reading as I accidentally paused my watch when I did the glute raises. This was 25 minutes, 61 calories, heart rate 91/114, 160 steps.
I finished with CDorner's newest mobility workout which does a lot of balance and uses a chair. I liked it a lot, but had to modify the arm on the floor stuff she did. Most of it was using the chair though. I will do it again, but next time stop at the floor part. She also does some of the time relaxing with the feet on the chair at the end. That is when I grabbed my therapy balls and did a bit with them. This was 35 minutes, heart rate 77/93, 51 calories. Total time was 90 minutes, 324 calories, 3,661 steps.

Roselyn, nice work. Praying for your mother.

Cam, Perfect 30 strength workouts are good ones. My tracker watch is a Garmin Vivoactive 4S and I love it. I have two Fitbit watches and they caused me so much stress. They would randomly work right and then start giving me super low numbers. Like when I would be working hard on a cardio workout I would look at my watch and it had my heart rate somewhere around 80 or 90 and of course that is not right. I would keep stopping trying to move it around and get something out of it and pounding the daylights out of myself trying to get it to give me a good heart rate. Occasionally it would work okay. I had the Blaze and one of the newer ones which at the moment I cannot remember. I had a terrible time with Polar watches as well, and they would just up and give me 0 heart rate or some wacky over 20 heart rate. I spent too much time changing batteries on those and adjusting straps. So, I am really happy with my Garmin. Some people seem to like some of the earlier FItbits. I think the ones that do not work with wifi and all the extra things seem to work for a lot of people, but I have not had one of the Fitbit Charges so I am not sure myself.

Debbie, I am glad that you are enjoying the Epic workouts. I always worry that I will push too far and some old pain will come back. It sure does not take much to take us back to square one. I have a lot of achy joints today. My left knee was a bit off this morning. I just think the arthritis is really flaring up which means it is probably doing more damage. I think surgery is usually a last result. It depends on what they find if we do another mri. I was hoping that second injection would last like the last one did. I was reading and since I see no swelling, just terrible pain that probably means that the swelling is fluid inside the tissues putting pressure on nerves and stuff. I know a lot of people in pain are much happier after surgery. With all that is going on, being in a surgery center does not sound good to me right now. Then again our medicare may get worse and insurance costs are rising again. :mad:
God does answer prayer and I am so happy your cousin is doing so well. I am worried they may suggest other medication and I would rather not as there is so many side affects and they cause other problems. I keep trying to work it out myself.

Belinda, nice workouts today. I would be the same way with kneeling to squats. Chris does some move on some mobility workouts that I absolutely will not do as it is a yogi squat with turning knees in side to side, sort of like yogi squat to 90/90.. To rough on my knees. One of those twisty knee things is what I did and my knee locked up. No way will I push that again.

Jolie, wow on 1,051 steps. Great walk. Hope they get the fires under control. That just seems crazy.

Today was Perfect 30 Upper Body and bonus upper body. I felt like I needed a little cardio so I did Cross Fire Fitness Blast and core. Rainy day today so no walk tonight.

Tomorrow is a rest day and need to run some errands after work.

Good workouts everyone!

This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 22 minutes and then did Karen Voight's Yoga Focus Stretch. I feel pretty good after my PT appointment yesterday. She worked on my tricep because it is still hurting. She initially thought it was from the nerve in my neck, but now that that has calmed down, she definitely thinks its muscular. She rubbed it out pretty good and it is sore today. Hopefully it will relax and heal. I have 2 more appointments scheduled and then I think I'm good to go. I am feeling really good other than soreness from working out.

Belinda - Diamond Triceps, Chest and Abs sounds like a good one! Are you able to lift fairly heavy again or are you still going light? How is that injury you had doing? You haven't mentioned it so I figured it must be better. Great job on the workout!

Jolie - Have a great trip and have fun!

Diane - It's ironic how you usually can't sleep through the night yet you sleep through a tornado! LOL!! I'm glad you are all ok and I'm glad you found Gertie! How scary to go through that!! I pray that your shoulder issue gets better, I know how frustrating all that is. I'm thankful mine is better but I have a feeling it will be back eventually. I'm just trying to do all the things my PT is telling me to do. Time is what I need, however! I never seem to have time to do all the things I need to do to keep my muscles healthy.

Have a great day and workouts everyone!

Good morning,

DH and I tested positive to covid yesterday. DH is a breakthrough. I been having a nasty cough, headaches in my sinus for the last 5 day's which concerned my DH. I am extremly very tired.

The Rheumatologist offered me to get the antibody therapy since I take high doses of immune depressed medicine. I been in the ER all night long. We didn't get home until 2 a.m. this morning. The therapy it self didn't take long to get through the IV, they had to monitor me for a few hours afterwards for side effects. So far so good!!

For the life of me, I don't get how I contacted covid? I wear 3 - 4 mask at all times. We only keep for ourselves we don't socialize, go out to eat. I just don't get it. Please say a prayer for DH and me.

Debbie - my injury was getting better.Thanks for asking. I just don't get a break.

I will be back later.

Belinda - OMG!!! I can't believe you got COVID!! That infusion they did should work. My cousin who is now getting better - her husband had it as well. He was able to take the infusion and he is 100% fine. She couldn't take it because by the time they got her to the hospital, she was in distress (whatever that means). Make sure you keep moving from time to time, don't just sleep. Diane will probably give my more advice since she had it as well. Prayers to you both!!!

Belinda, praying you get well soon. I am glad you got checked and got the infusion. Wow on getting covid. One would wonder where you got it. I knew I had been exposed and it was 5 days after I was exposed that I started feeling bad. Being immune suppressed is worrying and I am sure that, along with having to get back on higher doses of meds probably contributed to you getting it. I am so sorry.
Get lots of rest. I know I slept lots when I had covid. Make sure you move around though. My daughter told me to get up and move around every hour and to take a low dose aspirin. I know you take vitamin D so that is good. Did the suggest you use an expectorant? I took Mucinex that my daughter brought over to me and she had me monitor my Sp02 so if it dropped below 90 I should go to the emergency room. I bet you will be fine after the infusion. A positive thing though is you should have some natural immunity when you are better. The vaccines do not seem to work for long as people are still getting it at lighter levels, but have to go back and get boosters.

Today I did CDorner Low Impact Disco from today, modifying the upper moves. Funny thing is that I am noticing when I spend more of the workout time trying to work harder without a lot of arm moves and overhead and adding a bit of impact like jacks without arms overhead and ski jumps and my heart rate has really got up and calorie burns are higher. At least I am guessing that is what it is. She does some speed bag arms in this and I did not do those at all. Total time was today was 55 minutes with adding Coffey FIt Raw stretch finisher, 319 calories, heart rate 149/189, 5,362 steps. That is all I did as I needed to make a trip to the grocery store since I am doing family dinner Sunday.

Cam, I hope you are enjoying your rest day.

Debbie, I am so glad that the PT has helped you so much. I know the hands on and actually working on you helps them know what is going on. Better than trying to work it out ourselves. I hope you stay free from the pain from now on. Wish I could say that. I was not bad earlier this morning considering how much I hurt while trying to sleep last night. LOL on me sleeping through the storm. I swear I was happy that I did. After shopping, my shoulder is throbbing. I swear I try hard not to swing heavy things around and focus most of the lifting things onto the other shoulder. I quit buying large water packs, but getting gallon jugs of spring water or alkaline water. Not as heavy, but for whatever reason Walmart puts those on the top shelf :( I had the lady that checked me out scan the big items in the cart which she was more than willing to do as she said her shoulder had been hurting and really bad when she sleeps. She does not have insurance and Walmart says she has to work 3 months before it starts.

Roselyn, nice work with Carolyn Girvan Beast mode Hiit.

Diane - thank you for your prayers! I am still confused on how I caught the virus. I wear so many mask when I go to the doctors/grocery stores. We disinfect everything we buy/quarantine. I take a shower/change clothes right after we come back from running errands. The only people I socialize is my DH and DD. I am at a loss here. I am super careful when I am in public. Being immune suppressed what got me the infusion yesterday. My immune system is shot ever since I was diagnosed with RP. Yes, I was giving an expectorant after I was tested yesterday. The ER doctor said I could use Mucinex if I want too. They had me on Sp02 monitor at the ER yesterday. I was surprised when Dh tested positive too. I am very tired today, getting lots of rest. I was told to rest. I do walk around the house. I am very nauseous and have no taste.

This morning I did EPIC III Day 2, Powerful Push/Pull Upper Body. Holy smokes was this a tough workout, I actually skipped some of it due to feeling stress in my tricep and left shoulder. I'm not used to lifting this way even though I've done several of these workouts. It's taxing for me although I really love it.

40 seconds on/20 seconds off - most exercises were 2 sets except all pushups were only one set

Bent Over Row: 15's - 2 sets
Chest Press: 20's - 2 sets
Wide Pushups: (I did these with my hands on the step with 1 riser, easier on my wrists)
Renegade Rows: 15's - 2 sets (these are plank rows, tough for me but I did most of this)
Dumbbell Flies: 20's - 2 sets
Face Plant Pushups to Supermans: I actually did these
Landmind Row: 25# (I like these) - 2 sets
Diamond Press: 25# (these are like close grip press but only using one dumbbell) - 2 sets
Diamond Pushups: (tricep pushups, I did these on my knees)
1.5 Pullover: 15# - 2 sets (I like the way she does these, they don't hurt my upper back)
1.5 Flies: 15's - 2 sets
Leaning Pushups: I did regular pushups on knees
Close to Open Press: 10's - 2 sets (these were standing and are essentially overhead presses)
Arnold Press: 10's - 2 sets
Pike Pushups: Skipped - no thank you
Diamond Lateral Raise: 8's - 2 sets (wide lateral raises)
Frontal Raise to Tricep Press: 12# - 2 sets (front raises into a close grip press standing)
Diver Pushups: Skipped
Skull Crushers: 10's - 2 sets
Tate Press: Skipped (hate these)
Triceps Pushups: Skipped
Hammer Curls: 15's - 2 sets
Wide to Close Curls: 10's - 2 sets (bi's were on fire with this one)
Fast Pushups: Did these on my knees

Holy smokes, very tough workout. I took some time and did some good stretching. I need to focus on stretching my pecs, they are so tight. My PT told me I should be able to lay on the floor and put my arms in a snow angel position and touch the floor with the backs of my hands. Yea, can't do that. I am working on it though. My chest has always been a very tight area. She told me to hold onto 2# weights while doing it and they will help bring my hands down to the floor. It helps.

Belinda - I sure hope you get over COVID soon. I am so disheartened to hear this after all the health precautions you have taken. You've changed your diet, you workout every day, you wear masks everywhere you go. What else do we have to do to prevent us from getting this? We are having more and more people here at my work for training and seminars and it worries me. Hardly no one wears masks here. I do when I'm in a big crowd but not usually when I'm in the kitchen or bathroom. I probably should be, though. Take care, hope this is over quickly for you. Can you taste food?

Roselyn - I cannot believe you did one of Caroline's HiiT workouts. Holy crap!! You are a beast!!! You never complain of aches and pains, are you superwoman? LOL!

Diane - Can your husband go shopping with you so he can carry the heavy things? I'm with you, though, I do the same thing. When I was in pain it was always worse when I got home from shopping.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm so happy it's Friday. It's raining here and is supposed to tomorrow as well. Oh well, I have a lot of stuff to do inside the house. Sometimes rain is good.

Debbie - the only ones I don't wear a mask is around my DD and DH. Both are fully vaccinated. DD tested negative. For the life of me I can't figure out how DH and I caught it? For crying out loud I wear a N95 plus 2 or 3 other mask on top of the N95? It doesn't make any sense. We sanitize what goes in the care or into our house. We quarantine mail. I am not around my neighbors and if we do we keep distance. We don't go on vacations like everyone else do. I haven't gone seen my son's new house in TX yet.The only place I go is to the doctors and grocery shopping. I always wear my masks, disinfect the shopping carts. We did take Sadie to the groomer and vet last week. Maybe I should gave Sadie a bath after her vet/groomer? I can't figure it out. The last few day's I can't taste food. Everything taste the same to me. My headaches gotten a little better and the nausea gotten a little better. Please, wear your mask even if you the only one in the room. Great job on your workout this morning.

Today I did not do much of a workout. I saved some spin workouts on youtube and did Spin Junkie, Classic Rock Ride Hiit class(all seated no jumps) 18 minutes, 3.73 miles 15.0 mph, 80 calories Garmin, bike said 137. RPM was 60 building to 107 , heart rate 116/144. I was disappointed in the results as I was pushing hard to get those last rpm's built up and my heart rate. I might have should have just stuck with cardio setting instead of indoor bike setting without the cadence counter device. The workout was just okay to me, it was intervals that built up till they were pretty hard. At first I though gee the 60 seems easy and I kept going higher than that. After this, not wanting to use my arm as the elbow hurt badly last night, I did CDorners Pilates Ball Quick Ab Burner and Inner Thigh Burner, 29 minutes, 61 calories. I also did stretching which I did not count as I was just doing stuff for rotator cuff and did part of CDorners neck and shoulderes till she got the the arms extended rotating palm up and down which hurt so I quit. Total workout time was 47 minutes, 131 calories. No steps to speak of. Bad storms hit last night. My husband got home late as they had to deal with the damage. The news says it was a wind event or something like that. It was so bad a school lost it's roof. my husbands work had one metal building lift up and move 20 feet leaving the stuff sitting in it sit. Vehicles were moves. He showed me pictures. I knew it was storming and could hear the hail and the thunder and I just went to bed. Worried when I woke and he was not home. Our neighborhood is okay though. Funny as he was only about 5 miles away.

Debbie, nice work today. I would have skipped triceps push ups as well. Those have been awful for me for several years now. I can still do the snow angel move with hands still on the floor even with the shoulder injury. Chris has you do them on the Foam roller lying lengthwise and I can still touch the floor. I quit though after reading the protocol for the shoulder mending. That is why I think it is probably not a tear. I also have no problems with Cathe's trace the rainbow on her mobility workout. Weights doing it sounds worrisome to me, but that is probably because I hurt right now. Between the shoulder problems and the surgery I had to have a few years ago, my upper body is much weaker. No one hardly wears masks here either. A few here and there do. I rarely put one on anymore. The thing is you wear them and then handle them. You have to put them down somewhere when you take them off so if there is germs it probably leaves some behind. They say the virus does not live that long on most surfaces. But then again, they don't really have a clue for the most part. It is all consensus thinking. I take my mask off when I have to wear it and shove it in my purse then get it out later to put in the wash. The thing is, I pop cough drops when shopping because of my allergies and so I am touching things, opening cough drops and when I wore a mask I was pulling it up to put cough drops in my mouth so I didn't scare people. My husband offered to go with me on the weekends, but I hate to waste our weekend doing that.

Belinda, I hope you continue to feel better. It is awful when you lose taste. I did that, and then and for awhile when my taste started coming back things tasted off. Coffee was bitter and I kept dumping it out. I really did survive mostly on oranges and water for awhile. I couldn't eat what my daughter brought in. I have a group snapshot of my ladies group from the day I came in contact with covid and I am surprised I was the only one that got it. The lady that had it was standing next to some of them. Only one had a mask on for the picture. This was before vaccines and stuff. December. It really does make one wonder how come some get it and not all. Maybe of an immunity to it or something. I probably got it because of my immune system being compromised.

I typically don't workout on Fridays, other than taking a long walk before going out for drinks and dinner, but today Fall officially came. A little rainy and 50's. I decided to do a cardio workout. I did Tracy Steen 45 minute No Repeat Standing Cardio. Loved it.

Belinda, hope you feel better. I am sure you will recover quickly. I am one who doesn't believe in masks, been exposed to family with covid and never got it. My husband and daughter had it in January and I was with my mom who got it this summer. I just got vaccinated, not because I wanted to. I'll stop with that, because I have a lot of anger about it.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Cam, it has been rainy here too. I think we will have some nice weather coming up, but they were saying 39 tonight. Fall is here I guess. It was nice today after the sun came out. I bet you missed getting out for a long walk, but nice that you enjoyed your workout.

Yes, Fall has definitely set in. At least it's sunny! Haven't turned on the heat, but I tend to move around a lot in my house on the weekend, so it feels good. My workout room will be nice and comfortable today.

I am going to start Heather Robertson's Glow Up workouts this weekend. This morning I am going to do Total Body Shred Cardio & Weights. I don't always click with her workout style, but her Glow Up Series has been talking to me for awhile. So I am no longer putting it off. I won't do them in her order, but this is going to be my week of workouts. I wish her set was brighter. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. And she wears boring workout wear. Oh well. I finally have stonger internet in my workout room. My husband is awesome at making sure I am happy with my fitness regimen.

Diane, I am going to look at the Garmin you have.

Good morning,

I did a short yin yoga this morning to release the pain my my lower back. Been having back pain since Wednesday. I am starting to have a little more energy. Hopefully that is a good sign. I am still coughing. Can't get rid of that dam cough.

Cam - thank you! I have a rare, no cure autoimmune disease called relapsing polychondritis. I take high doses of immune depressed medications, steroids you name it. I was scheduled to get the vaccine a few weeks ago, ended up relapsing to a point where my throat was cutting off. My Rheumalogist had to put me right back on the high doses of immune depressed medications. I can't get off the meds long enough to get vaccinated. I am a firm believer in wearing mask. Nobody is safe from covid. It's all around us. Since I got the antibody treatment, it looks like I can't get vaccinated for a few month. My husband is fully vaccinated, he tested positive for covid too.

Diane - yes, that is how I feel with the taste. Everything feels off, nothing taste good. Even my toothpaste taste off. That is odd you were the only one getting sick. I never take me mask off around other people. I only take my mask off around my husband and DD. Both are fully vaccinated. They all got vaccinated to protect me since I can't get the vaccine. Did they heath department contacted you? Have you tested positive for covid? Meaning did you take the test?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.