Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Nov 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I slept in wayyyyyyyyyy too long. I didn't hear the alarm and the DH had gone to work.....so -- it will be some short workout this morning for me, as I have to go into work again today and have some stuff to accomplish around here. I'll probably try one of my shorter workouts out of my "never done" box.
Be back in a bit.

This morning I did cardio. Dreaded what my HRM would do BUT... - I got rid of all the RF-throwing-piece-of-equipment that I could. No Mp4, no phones, nothing was in the room. I used my CD player and did Cardio Coach #7 and did not have one problem with my HRM. I couldn't believe it. I was very happy about this but bummed because if it's my MP4 player then how the heck can I use it for my workouts??? Anyways, I'll try some other things and see, maybe it was just the speakers I use, who knows?

I did VERY well with this workout. My endurance is building up nicely. With the 4 - 3 min. endurance sprints I did them all at 5.7 mph. This was challenge one. With challenge 2 there are alternating 1 min. hill climbs and sprints with only 30 seconds rest between each interval. I did VERY well with this as well. For the one min. sprints I ran at 6mph and with the hill climbs I took it all the way up to 10 and walked fast at 3.8 mph. So I was very happy with this. It almost all felt so easy. :rocker:

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1:04 total
56 min. in zone
374 calories burned (treadmill showed 440)
4 miles travelled
[/font]

Hope you all have a great day!

Morning all. No w/o today. I have to head to the darn court house to look up some property deeds. I have a neighbor at the salon site giving me crap about the alley (which i am going to pave). I think her shed and fence is on it.And so be it.If it is she is now going to move it. I am P'd off...If i have to pay someone to survey the rest of the street. Well, pay back here..Why does someone always have to cause trouble..

Well, i am going to try to get on the treadmill tonite. At least for 1/2 hr..I am taking my tubing to work. When i have a slow one i am going to work something here...

My w/o's really suck here lately.. I need 35 hrs in a day..
Well, bath and i am out of here..
Take care all...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning, I started my workout this morning with 4Day Split HIS cardio only premix no str, then did Amys Step Challenge premix combos 1-3 and added the power ups, I finished with Kelly Coffey's Step/Sculpt cardio and ab premix then did Slo Mo Core. I am going back in a few minutes to do Slo Mo legs. I might do the two set version or a timesaver so I can get in some of the upper. I really want to do Slo Mo and 4 Day Split and have some room to play with Tracey's new ones when they get here. Got to run to Hobby Lobby and out to get a birthday present for our son in law. BBL

Debbie, I hope it's not your mp4 player. Could you put the workouts on a CD and play them through your stereo or dvd player? I hate wearing a headset so I use a stereo in the room. Doesn't seem to bother my wireless hr monitor to my treadmill. when I wear the strap. Good workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Nice job Debbie with the running! You have certainly transitioned into a runner for sure. I am very partial to outdoor running because of all the uncontrolled variables (wind, road grade, temperature, etc...) however, the CC workouts provide you with some great muscle confusion between sprints and hills. So good job.

Regarding your Nike HR monitor...I know there are times where you want to hurl that thing out the window and curse me for recommending it. Heart rate monitors are prone to sensitivities (called "artifact") with electronics, turbulence, force, ect... I find that if you put a little dab of water on your chest strap lead and on the underside of the wrist lead, it may help reduce all the artifact.

Keep inspiring us Buddy!

X

X - Good to see you in here! You should check in with us! Thanks on my running, I am very proud of myself because I have always been one to think I cannot run. I have proved myself wrong.

As for my HRM, I am now using my old Polar. My Imara doesn't work at all anymore, it doesn't even register my HR. I put new battaries in it but it looks like it got wet inside with my sweat and burned up the components inside. I started using my Polar and have had a lot of problems with it. I do wet it each time I use it. I'm hoping it's just interferance with the electrical stuff I use but I'm bummed that I may not be able to use my MP4 player anymore. Time will tell. It worked perfectly this morning.

Diane Sue - That's what I did this morning, I used my portable CD player. All I know is it's very strange that it hasn't worked at all and now that I used my CD player it was dead on the entire workout. Stumps me, that's for sure. Nice workout, D!

Good morning!

This morning I did CC#7 (like Debbie). I just love this workout. I love the music. Especially in the warmup and in challenge 1.

Debbie - My HR monitor wasn't working the past few times and I always forget that when it doesn't work, DH tells me it's time to wash it (the sensors) with soap and water. That usually does the trick unless it's a battery problem. Just a thought. I'm sure you already do this, but I always forget.

Got a couple of meetings this morning. I hope you all have a great day!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I'm back. I ended up doing Elle -Glam Fitness - Total Body Toning . Workout was 53" and I burned 280 calories. Surprisingly, this wasn't a bad workout. I would have liked to do something longer and burn a few more calories....but cuz I overslept... that wasn't an option.

I better run....have to get ready and I'm not moving very quiickly.

Good Morning..almost afternoon.

Getting a late start posting. Had errands earlier. Well today I am gonna do some kind of cardio. Not really liking stepping as much these days so might just hit the elliptical again. Got to work abs too.

BTW, I got a job and will be working as a waitress at a high end restaurant. Tips are gonna be grand!!!!! The girl that will be my boss was a good friend of mine at Tastee Freez. She will be my manager. Gonna love working with her again!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!

Hey Charlotte,

Had a minute so I thought I'd check out the forum. Congrats on the job! Sounds like you'll love it!
That's always a nice thing when we have to work!:)

Don't know what I'm doing tonight for cardio, probably kickboxing, I feel so good after a good kickbox workout! The stepping is starting to bother my left knee, so gonna lay off of those for a little while.

Hi to everyone! Hope you all have great workouts and a great week!

Suz - Yes, I clean it about every 3rd workout. I use alcohol.

Char - Congrats on the job! Waitressing is a tough job, I can't believe you can't wait to get started! LOL! When is your first day?

I really do need to get a shower and get going. I was doing Amy's Slo Mo Lower 2 sets when my new Tracey Staehle workouts came. So I did her Glute Camp as well. My legs and glutes were pretty well fried when I was done:D The cable guy just showed up since we had a lot of problems with our phone and internet this weekend. I wish they would have called first like they usually do.
Eats so far
post cardio workout:
a couple of pieces of turkey and a baked apple with 1/2 scoop lean
dessert cinnamon roll protein
Lunch: salad, with turkey, barbecue sauce and fat free ranch dressing

Charlotte, so glad you found a nice job. I bet you get great tips:)

Hey Maniacs! Today will be some form of Cardio. Not sure yet what I will do yet. Yesterdays eats weren't all that great. I went to Chili's around 2:00 and only ordered a dinner salad, but had quite a few chips and salsa. Then I went to dinner at 6:00 at my SIL and she prepared a FULL Thanksgiving dinner, unbeknownst to us! So, I just had a tiny portion of some of my fav things and that was it. That was kind of a shocker! Even still, I know it all added up to too much.

So, todays eats are going to be pretty sparse. So far it's been,
Banana and slimfast for breakfast
Baked apple with FF Yogurt/cinnamon protein powder
Salads/egg whites the rest of the day.

Diane Sue- For my Baked apple, I used ff plain yogurt in place of the ff sour cream and couldn't tell the difference.:)

Char-Great going on getting a job so fast. Nice you'll be working with someone you know and like. Tips should be good and you'll always have cash!

Anne- Hope you can workout the neighbor problem. Some people just want to cause trouble.

X- Stay and join us!

Suz and Deb- great job on CC#7!

Lora- You still got in a good workout for being short on time.:)

Back to work...

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

[font color=indigo]Meals for Today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (pre workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed (I forgot how good the Banana Nut Bread flavor is!)
M3: Chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey patty; small salad w/lite Italian dressing
M5: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites w/green pepper, onion & cheese omlette; salad w/light honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1638.5 calories
58 g. fat - 32%
167 g. protein - 41%
114 g. carbs - 28%
[/font]

Hey guys:)
Just got home from work will do 4DS LIS premix circuit. But first i'm taking a nap. Went out with James last night dinner and a movie x( pretty tired
Have a good day talk to you later
randi

Dallys, these holidays are always a trial. I can't say to much for myself either. I always get through it even if I eat a lot of garbage and still seem to look the same in the end. Just takes a while to get past all of the extra sodium, sugar and starchy carbs.
We have this pie that looks like it is a 20 inch apple pie I sliced and put in the freezer. Today a package came from friends who own a restaurant. Usually it is a tub of trail mix. This time it was a tin of chocolate chip cookies :O I quickly shoved them in the far reaches of a deep cabinet. It will be like the candy bars I came across one day that I forgot I hid. (well I hope not LOL) those were gone in 60 seconds:D

I did not do cardio as the DOMS has really kicked in so just gonna start my new total body rotation tomorrow.

My Eats:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal and 1/2 banana
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Eakins thick Steak Sandwich w/o mayonnaise (thank you) at restaurant (dining fine by thee self and feeling so devine) lol. Nice dark leafy salad
Meal 4: Protein Shake and baked doritos with my homemade salsa. About 5 hershey's bite size chocolate bars (good grief..why did I buy these)????? Toooo sweet anyhow..use to the kind with less sugar. Ugh..still eating though. Bionics...I understand.
Meal 5: very small portion of beef stew and did without the carrots and potatoes and just ate mostly meat and the green beans.

Char-Diane Sue- ROFLMAO!
I finished my eats for the day with 2 king crab legs! Had to eat them before the scavangers...er, I mean, dd and sil and dgp (dear grand puppy) come tomorrow! I don't share crab legs. Oy! LOL!}(

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.