Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Diane Sue-We have had the boys since Wednesday night and will have them until Monday night we are staying at DD’s

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D13 Cardio is done. This one is probably the toughest workout so far. I probably will do a stretch later today.

Roxie - thanks for asking. I am doing great. How about you? Have fun with your grandchildren. They grow up so fast. Great job with your workouts as well.

Diane - great job with your workout yesterday. Looks great! Happy anniversary.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Tomorrow I will do a nice stretch. My body needs it.

Today I did Yvette Bachman Step/heavy weights/core circuits WOW! I had to modify burpees with squat presses or some other leg exercise but other than that I killed it. Workout was one hour and I burned 652 calories. I did the warm up twice because my batter died in my laptop and I had to start it over again. I am sleeping so good at night after these workouts and I am not sore any where! Average heart rate was 127 and max was 178!
My son and his friends left back to school today and my parents are here for the day so Its visiting and laundry all day.

Belinda, great job on that hard workout today.

Diane Sue, Happy Anniversary!

Have a fantastic weekend.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #3, 27 minutes, met 7.6, 202 calories, heart rate average 132, max 166, 2,018 steps. That one always packs a real lot of intensity in a short time. I then did Lite Metabolic Blast, 44 minutes, heart rate 120 average, 161 max, 1,297 steps, met 7.9, 311 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 513 calories, 3,315 steps.
RAW INTERVALS #3 I used 5,8,10,12,15 # dbs for this one. It alternates a cardio, high rep fast low weight, followed by heavy weight same body part. Uses a step for some of the cardio. All moves are standing except final.
Step followed by 8# biceps curls then 15# biceps curls (this was a bit much for the low weight)
ski runs and jacks followed by bent arm lateral raises 5# followed by 12# heavy weight
step single leg knee pulls followed by 8# triceps kickbacks alternating run, then 15# kickbacks alternating
step scissors/ pop squats followed by pec deck pulses 5# then 12# pec deck
step lateral leg lifts with arm movements followed by running rows 8# dbs then 15# dbs alternating rows
waist line sided to side bends followed by seated on step knee pulls
Metabolic Blast
curl press with lunge/side lunge abduction 8# dbs
one arm snatch 10# db
4 jabs up/4 jabs across/4 leg abductions/squat 5# dbs
forward leaning rear delt fly with curl press 10# dbs
squat lunge/squat press 10# dbs
8 pass under lunges/traveling lunges 10# db
squat with 2 small jumps/lunge kick lunge stand 10# dbs
cross back lunge with lateral raise/front raise/upright row 8# dbs
3 squat press/1 goal post press/ 2 singles 8# dbs
rear lunge torso twist 8# dbs
alternating biceps curls with leg extension 10# dbs
front/lateral raise with calf pumps 5# dbs 32 reps total
scare crow lifts with hamstring curls 5# dbs
side plank with front angle rear delt raise 5# db
weighted sit ups 10# dbs
chest fly with glute squeeze 10# dbs
press and pull over 10# dbs
swimmers no weight

I have made a tentative schedule for next weeks weight work. I looked at youtube and put some of the therapy work in my watch later list. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It will be 46 years on Wednesday :) Thunderstorms off and on today. I made it out for errands between :)

Roxie, hopefully things are better today. My youngest grand child is 4 so no diapers there. He is pretty good about making it to the bathroom himself when he is not well. I hate seeing them sick, it makes me sad.

Roselyn, nice work on cardio leg crush live.

Belinda, I wonder if those 80 day obsession workouts get progressively harder as you move through the rotation. Nice work.

Jolie, how are you doing at getting packed. You have so much going on. I do not like burpees holding weights and coming back up off of the floor. I think it is like an injury waiting to happen if you come up wrong.

Diane - fantastic job with your workout today. Yes, the workouts get progressively harder through the program from what I read. Every week she changes things up. 6 more weeks to go! :)

Roselyn - nice job on Insanity Max 30 Friday Fight. He is coming out with a new program.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Foam Roller Stretch before going to church. I have some outside things I need to get done this afternoon. I made a chicken curry soup yesterday since I am down to only a couple of bowls of soup in my freezer. Today I put the rest of my roasted butternut squash in a bowl and poured some of the soup over it and it made a yummy lunch. I started using some Boiron Histamine blocking pellets and they seem to be helping a lot with the allergies. I first took the Allergy formula which helped but not as much as the Histamine one is. I like that these are not causing me any side effects. Also I am taking a histamine blocking probiotic. I am hoping for a better allergy season this year.
I wanted to try some of the YouTube ball therapy with balls etc., but youtube was not working for me with the Roku for some reason.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Belinda, I guess many of those workout series get progressively more difficult.

Even with an entire week off and only stretching and therapy balls, I am still sore in my midsection and my hamstring, although much better, still feels a little tight. What is wrong with my body? Getting tired of it not healing properly.

Today I walked on my treadmill and was able to do a 3% incline. Hamstring was a bit tight, but not painful. The therapy is working, but not as quickly as I hoped for. When I did the therapy ball thing yesterday, it didn't hurt as bad as it did the couple days before. I think that's a good sign.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 248 calories, went 2 miles and did 4827 steps. HR was 112/151.

So Wednesday is my birthday and we celebrated it yesterday with my family. My DH got me the Bowflex Max Training - https://www.bowflex.com/max-trainer...VyR-tBh3zogWEEAYYAiABEgK0gvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds - I can't believe it. I've wanted this thing for a while now. I'm so excited and can't wait to use it. We need to put it together and figure out where to put it in my workout room. I'm sort of running out of room in there.

My mom, brother and DH went in on this for me: https://www.bowflex.com/selecttech/...VIR-tBh3XCgH4EAQYASABEgL9J_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds - these are sweet!!! OMG, I don't have to drag out 5 different sets of weights, I can just use these and switching from one weight increment to another is so easy. I can't wait to use them. If I can get by with just this set, I will be selling my other ones. I don't need them to take up room and all that. So holy crap did I make out this year! I am still in shock, I never expected this in a million years!!!

Jolie - I am so excited for you about the house!!! So why couldn't you just stay in it? Is it a rental?? It sounds like heaven to me!!! Holy smokes!!! Yes, I am looking forward to doing harder workouts, I'm sick of not sweating. Ridiculous that my body is taking this long to heal. I have a doctors appointment in April, I will certainly be addressing this issue with her.

Diane - I agree, using the therapy balls are amazing. It really helps relieve pain, knots and muscles soreness. I'm glad I found this type of therapy. Great job with your workouts!! Killing it!!

Belinda - Great job with your workouts, you are doing great with BB!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Roselyn - Nice job with your workouts as well!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Belinda, nice job on your workout today.

Debbie, what awesome birthday presents. My husband has looked at the Max Trainer. We still have the Tread Climber running, so it will be awhile before a change. No where to put something else . At our other house I did have a Nautilus treadmill upstairs and the Tread Climber downstairs. I have the Bowflex select tech weights with the stand. My husband got them for me about 8 years ago. I use them, but wouldn't get rid of my dumbbells. I find them a bit bulky for those lighter weight faster paced moves. I like that I have them for those odd weight increments, and the heavier dumbbells that I would normally have to put weight plates on. I use them for 20's as my husband has my 20# individual dumbbells downstairs. It really depends on what work I am doing. Love that I can get 7.5, 12.5, 17.5, 22.5#, I have not used the 52# ones very much other than when I want one for plie squats :) I think that you will love them.

Good Morning,

My DD called me last night from Vegas and told me the daycare is closed today so I have to wait to go to work until DH gets off work at 1 to take care of the younger boys this has turn into a nightmare I can’t wait until 10:30 tonight when their parents come home I am tired of cleaning up poop from the baby an 3 year old.

Debbie-I would love to have a max trainer but definitely don’t have room for it.

Debbie, Holy smokes you are one lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to you and I hope you have the best year ever! :)

today I did Yvette Bachman HIIT/Heavy Weights/Stability Ball and boy was it tuff stuff! I did three risers instead of 2 on each side and that really ups the intensity. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and I burned 710 calories. I did exercise weight exercises at the end and some additional core just because. Average heart rate was 126 and max was 167. I and drenched again. These workouts must really get my heart rate where it needs to be because when I do Cathe workouts I barley sweat at all even in here total body or cardio workouts. I do however, love Cathe for lifting workouts.

Belinda, good job on the workout today.

Debbie, we could probably lease the house as long as we would like but my husband wants to buy again. Maybe we could stay there for two years. We just need to get my youngest son through his senior year of high school next year and then we can live anywhere because we don't have to worry about a school district. I am so jealous of your new machine. I think that will help your hamstring.

Roxie, great job getting through the baby sitting, that is harder than any job to go to!

Diane Sue, nice workouts this weekend. I will check back later to read your post.

Roselyn, Shawn T's workouts are too high of impact for this old girl!!!!

Have a great day.

I am running late getting my workout in. When I finished I managed to watch some of the Smashwerx stuff on youtube and did some work with my therapy balls and foam roller. I did Lite Metabolic calories crush time saver, 23 minutes, met 8.60, heart rate average 127, max 158, 158 calories, 1,814 steps, I then did Kelly's Raw Metabolic 6 & 6 workout and really worked up a good sweat. This was 33 minutes, met 8.0, 212 calories, I followed this with Fit Split Metabolic time saver metabolic only and skipped the warm up, 27 minutes, 155 calories, met 8.0.
Total time was 83 minutes and calories burned 525. Step total was approximately 3,456. I forgot to start the Fit Bit and accidentally paused it on a workout so I had to use the met values an I did have Map My Fitness running. I think the metabolic rate may have been higher than I used on Raw metabolic as I was breathing harder and sweating more through it that I was on Cathe's even though I went a bit heavier than Cathe on most of hers.
RAW Metabolic 6 & 6
Kelly uses 12.5 pound dumbbells and I used 1# gloves with 12 pound dbs. I started the first round with 15 and after two moves I stopped to lower. I tried the 12.5# Bowflex weights and did not like using them for the renegade rows to push ups and close together db push ups. So this is the reason I kept stopping my devices and fit bit and it through me off. There is a short warm up and kelly shows each move without weight before you start. This takes 3 minutes.
The moves are done 30 seconds each for all 6 exercise combos and there is a 30 second rest between each round of 6
side to side lunge to overhead press side lunge
renegade row each arm then push up
skate swings ? I think that is what she called them like swinging two kettlebells up and down from the sides
alternating lunges
connected dumbbell push up
sit ups with both dumbbells or you can have the option of using 1. I used both.

Debbie, happy birthday. I don't mean to discourage you on the Bowflex weights. I love mine and do use them. They were awesome when I stayed at my daughters till we got a house. Easier than trying to figure out what weights I was going to take with me. Chalean used them in Chalean Extreme which got me used to using them. I loved them for Body Beast. I think Tony Horton used them in one of his P90X workouts. Maybe it was the third one? They are great for most weight workouts. I like the grip on them too. I think most of the newer Bowflex stuff can be linked to an app or something and track. I am not quite sure how that works. You are going to have a great time with your new toys ;)

Roxie, I hope the new job was okay with you going in to work late today. That is too bad you did not know well ahead of time.

Jolie, I would worry if I did not get another home bought soon that I would be stuck renting the rest of my life. Renting has it's advantages though, like repairs and things. I know you are going to love your time in that home. It sounds wonderful. You really are working it with those Yvette workouts. I have Shawn T's T25 gamma and there is only one cardio workout in the set. I like the set and use my rebounder for some of the jumping on the cardio one. They are all shorter workouts though. I just do not care much for him personally.

Roselyn - I am doing 80 Day Obsession. Really like the workouts. Great job on bulk legs.

Debbie - WOW, what awesome birthday presents. Let us know what you think of the DB set. I am so happy for you. Your family is awesome :) Have fun with your new toy. Great job today.

Roxie - hope you get through the day today. Must be tough watching those little ones. Hang in there!

Jolie - Yvette reminds me a little of Cathe's workouts, but tougher. Glad you enjoy her workouts. Great job today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.