Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw Cardio Hiit 2, 36 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 174, 3,305 steps, met 8.0, 278 calories. I then did lite Extended stretch, 31 calories 11 steps. Total time 47 minutes, 309 calories, 3,316 steps. I had to get ready for a business dinner my husband's work was having and then later my grandson came over after work for dinner and we had a nice visit. Tomorrow is family brunch at my house, so I have been getting some cookies made and setting put stuff planning for a spaghetti dinner. My daughter is bringing the bread and salad.

Roxie, I hope the rash continues to clear up. Maybe it is the prednisone helping. Nice job getting the workout in. I remember trying all kinds of different bath and skin products trying to find things that did not aggravate. Nothing seemed to help other than lots of cortisone and the benedyrl cream. I made the mistake once of getting into a tub of epsom salts because I was sore. Boy did that set the rash off. It was itching and burning at the same time.

Belinda, I gave my Turbo Jam dvds to my daughter to sell years ago. I still have some of those workouts. I think I pulled out one of the Turbo Fire dvds about a year ago.

Diane - I bought a set for DD, she never use them. I doesn't even have a dvd player anymore. I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I will keep my sets :)

No workout yesterday but today I did Awesome Upper Body, Cathe Live. I had a great workout today and my muscles were screaming. I had to go look for a house today with DH, the one I want the owner cant decide who to lease it to, so I think I have to move on. I found the funkiest house that looks straight out of the 1970's, 4000 square feet, kind of outdated but they are currently putting all new floors in, with total ocean views and canyon views and it sits up on a hill. The back patio overlooks a canyon with the most beautiful views and no one on either sides of the house. The rent is too high but we are going to see if they will drop it because it is a little funky and I think it is listed too high. I would like this house only because all of my furniture would fit in it and I wouldn't have to get rid of anything. My sons could have the first level and my husband and I could have the entire second level, with a huge living area, a place for my gym, a bar, a master bedroom and bath with a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. I could put indoor outdoor carper out there and workout in the summertime :) We shall see how it goes trying to get the price down a little.

Great workouts everyone!

Good morning,

D8 TB Core is done.I like how she changes things up each week. Today everything was done in 10 reps/3 rounds. That was tough. I have to admit, time flies on those workouts. Doesn't feel like I am work out for an hour.

Julie - good luck with the house. I hope you get it. Sounds like a lovely view.

Diane - how is Gertie doing ?ChuChu started to get scared walking down the stairs, out bedroom is upstairs. It took me awhile to get him down. Maybe he can't see the stairs well anymore, his eye site isn't that great anymore. He has a gray cover over his eye's :( We took him to the vet, he said it's from aging. He is over 14 years old. My husband slept in the living room with ChuChu last night. I guess, we have to take turns sleeping in the living room. So many bad memories are coming back. I slept in the living room with Brawler for over 1.5 years :( I was going to sleep in the living room with ChuChu, but DH insisted I sleep upstairs.

That's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout.

Well, I'm still hurting a bit but not like I was this weekend. All I did on Saturday after my DH and I did some running around was sit with a heating pad wrapped around my waist and watched movies. Sunday I was a bit better, but not a whole lot. This morning I felt much better but my left side is still really tight and sore.

This morning I did Yoga Stretch by Karen Voight. It was hard getting into some of the stretches, but I feel pretty loose right now. I love that stretch workout.

Jolie - Not sure if you seen my post on Friday - can you give us your celery recipe. I'm interested in possibly trying it. I don't have a juicer but I do have a VitaMix and I think that is just as good. I'd love to try it. Good luck getting the house you want!! Sound heavenly.

I don't have time for personals, please forgive me. I'll try to come back later. Nice job with your workouts, you all are doing great!!!

This is my favorite juice recipe and I am sure you can do it in a Vitamix and just strain it over a bowl. I just eye ball the amounts but I will try to tell you how much I put in for a few containers full for two days.

Bag of spinach
2 bunches of Celery, not stalks but the whole bunch you buy at the store
Kale a whole bunch
2 lemons, cutting of the skin or more depending if you like it like I do
big chunk of Ginger, peeled
2 cucumbers peeled
4 gala apples, adds fiber and sweetness
Cayenne pepper on the top to finish. Yum!

Or you can do
Celery
cucumbers
lemon
apple

Or just
celery
lemon
ginger

Enjoy

I was hoping Kelly would have her Lower Body Pyramid up this morning. I went ahead with Cardio and when I was done the pyramid workout was up so I did it too. Long workout today, but tomorrow will be short because I will be going to ladies game day and brunch in the morning.
I started with Lite Rev'd Up Rumble mish mosh Extreme #1 main with calorie crush twice, once at the start and once at the end, 57 minutes, 425 calories, met 8, heart rate average 134, max 158, 5,454 steps.
I then did Coffey Fit Raw lower body pyramid (ascending) , 40 minutes, met 6.0, 212 calories, heart rate 107 average, max 124, 570 steps. Total time was 97 minutes, calories burned 637. I really liked the Rev'd Rumble workout. It is really pretty easy for the main workout. I tried to ramp it up a bit. It is nice that it is all low impact (except the calorie crush)

Raw Lower Body Pyramid I am glad I stuck with Kellys weights with this. I am sure I will feel it later.
3 sets dumbbells kelly uses 12,15, and 20#
These are done each exercise is repeated through the pyramid 3 times and no rest timed at 30 seconds each set The warm up is short and does the moves without weights There are breaks at the end of each exercise grouping. Still not long.
Squats each pyramid 3 times
12# dbs 15,16,16 reps
15# dbs 13,16,15 reps
20# dbs 11,13,13 reps
break
lunges each pyramid 3 times alternating
12# dbs 12,12,10 reps
15# dbs 12,12,10 reps
20# dbs 11,13,13 reps
break
suitcase deadlifts
12# dbs 10,8,9 reps
15# dbs 8,9,8 reps
20# dbs 8,8,8 reps
break
sumo dead (plie )
uses 1 db
12# db 12,12,12 reps
15# db 11,11,11
20# db 8,10,10
break
reverse lunge alternating
12# dbs 12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# db 10,8,8 reps

Today I had a kick butt workout, I did Yvette Bachman, Cardio Step with a Shoulder Burn! 3 risers on the step and I think I would die, but in a good way. :) There is a lot of lifting weights for shoulders which I love, alternating with step blasts. So much fun. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 636 calories. Average heart rate was 133 and max was 173. I was dripping wet by the time I was done working out. My son is home from college and he was encouraging me to finish! He has some really cool exercises he does for abs that they have taught him at football, I love learning new exercises. Today the realtors are picking up all of our staging items and furniture so my house will be quite empty for the next month. Also, still trying to get a house set to move into, they are going so fast for summer and there are numerous people bidding on them so it is frustrating.

Debbie, my son says he suffers with similar issues you are dealing with and he says that stretching is absolutely the best thing you can do for relief. Lifting we contract the muscle so lengthening it is so important as well. I hope you enjoy my juice recipe, I sip on it all day long and it gives me so much energy. If you drink just celery juice with lemon, ginger and cayenne every morning it is great for inflammation, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and will give you so much energy for the entire day. I love it and I feel so good lately.

Belinda, good job on the workout today, you are doing such a great job with this rotation.

I hope everyone has a great workout today, I have to run, I have people coming so and I have to jump into the shower.

Have a fabulous day!

Yesterday was a rest day and family day. I am already getting my week filled up with activities. I need to get busy on cleaning! I did not expect the arthritis center to get me in right away for my eye exam so I get my prescription refilled. I got up this morning and my low back hurt so bad that I had a hard time standing. I was stiff all over. Maybe it was because I ate terrible this weekend and no workout yesterday. Once I was around and stretched out this morning, the workout went fine and surprisingly so far my legs are only a little sore. So, I have been doing a lot of research on oxalates in veggies and foods. Mostly about kale and spinach. I read that it can cause joint pain and gout, as well as kidney and liver issues and stones. So, now I am worried as I supposedly have gout and I have eaten that stuff pretty much daily for years. Anyway, there is lots of conflicting stuff out there. One article mentioned celery in the list and I saw nuts on the list. I eat nuts in my salads and yogurt. Then I am reading articles on the Bulletproof site and they say to crush calcium and magnesium with the greens that have been steamed and make a smoothie. Somehow this does not sound pleasant. I like salad. Something about the magnesium and calcium absorbing the oxalates that are left after steaming and then they are excreted instead of forming the salts or whatever. Then I am looking over dietary things with the different probiotics and some causing histamine levels to rise and some downgrading histamine. Apparently I should not be eating yogurt and drinking kombucha tea. I will change things up a bit, and got a new histamine free probiotic. Will see if it helps these allergies. Right now tree pollen is making me cough and sneeze like crazy.

Debbie, I am glad your waist is feeling better. That is odd that it is hurting that long. I remember being careful and avoiding ab work for awhile, but not that long. Stretching is probably the best thing that you can do right now.

Belinda, nice job on the workout. Poor Chu chu. Gertie loves running up and down the stairs. She is only 5 though. My dog Mudd's eyes were getting a bit cloudy looking before we lost her. I noticed that I would have to hold treats right in front of her nose before she acknowledged that they were there. She was always fast at grabbing anything to eat. My daughter says if Gertie does have the seasonal alopecia next year, she will get her some cortisone. Better to try that than try doing the melatonin.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Jolie, that house sounds like it has a lot of nice features even if it is older. Are you planning on moving and then renting then buying a house later? I bet that you are enjoying having your son home. That is cool that you get to learn some new exercises. I don't think I would like lots of shoulder work. I used to find it easy, but now I always fear setting off pain.

Diane - ChuChu loves running up and down the stairs too. ChuChu's eye's are half way cloudy. I have to do the same with him when I give them threads. He sleeps a lot too. He is over 14 years old. Poor guy!!

Jolie - I hope soon you will move into your new house. I am not looking forward of moving. I have done way to may in the military. Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. Yvette's workouts are similar to Cathe. Great job today.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. Keep stretching!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Day 9 LB is done. I will do a nice stretch later today.

The next few weeks I will be busy with work, sorry in advance for the lack of posting my workouts in details. The workouts are longer, which I really enjoy. But it leaves me very little time before work :( BBL!

This morning I started with the band workout from Stretch Max and when I got bored with that I did Kelly's RAW Stretch. Love that one. I am still having trouble with some twisting moves, but I am feeling much better. I think a week off will do me good.

Jolie - Thanks for the recipes. I bought a bunch of celery, didn't realize you need way more than that for a weeks worth of juice. Holy crap. Good thing celery is cheap!! But I do want to try it, I need more energy! That's the thing with juicing, you need so much of the veggie and fruit you gotta wonder if its worth it? It can get so expensive. That Yvette workout you did yesterday sounds like a lot of fun. I also like working shoulders (except overhead presses, I hate those!) So is Yvette another paid for service? I agree with your son, we all need to stretch more. I am feeling much better since I started and if I can help it, I will not stop doing yoga or stretches anymore. Even though I've been in such pain with my waist, the rest of my body is feeling so much better.

Diane - I can't keep up with all the workouts Kelly is posting. Nice job on your workout. That is odd about the things you are reading. I find it hard to believe kale and spinach can hurt you? How can we trust eating anything if even our clean foods are dangerous? That is really disheartening. My cousin told me I should be taking K2 when taking D3 to help my body absorb it. So now I have to add one more supplement to my daily routine. You gotta wonder... With my waist/low back - I don't think I ever gave it a chance to heal, I started working out right after I stopped coughing and at that time my waist and low back was still very tight. I just made it worse by working out, I should have started back slower.

Belinda - So glad you like those new workouts, you are making me want to do them. I will preview them when I have time. Nice job!!! I think I will be renewing my BB for another 6 months, I am enjoying it.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!

Roxie - Where are you?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, used 2 risers and 1# dbs for the boxing drills and waistline, 40 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 184, 3,705 steps, 9.3 met. I have to hurry and get ready to leave for ladies game day.

Debbie, Dave Aspry says spinach and kale have so many good nutrients that he suggests steaming it and throwing out the water to get rid of some of the oxalates. I had a dr tell me years ago to not eat spinach because it stopped the absorption of calcium and I had osteopena at the time. I guess that makes since because oxalates grab calcium. That is why Dave Aspry says to grind calcium and magnesium up into a smoothie with kale for a smoothie. There are supplements of D3 and K2. I have started trying to pay attention to whether the supplements are fat soluble or not. After understanding the need for fats to absorb certain supplements I wonder how mixed vitamin supplements can work well.

Debbie,I forgot to tell you to add parsley too. When I juice I make the biggest jug that last 3 days and it cost me approx. $10, really less than a meal eating out in a restaurant. I think the juicer gets more juice out of the veggie and fruit than the blender. Be sure to add some water, I watched how to juice using a blender on YouTube and they said you have to add some water. Yevette's workouts are posted on YouTube and they are FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I woke up exhausted so I did just weight work, Cathe Live, Strong Upper Body and Core. I had an awesome workout even though I was tired. Those workouts from Yevette kick my butt! I don't have time to post the workout but It was a Giant Set for each body part, x 12 reps and 3 rounds of each Giant Set. I burned 379 calories.

Diane Sue, I read that about spinach as well. I will only use it occassionally if that is true. What else could I put in my drink to sub out for spinach? Good job on the workout yesterday and today. I take K2 With my calcium and Hydroxyapite every day as well as D softgels. I do not uptake calcium so the k2 drives it into the bone.

Belinda, what do you do for work? Great job on the workout once again.

Roselyn, what are you studying in school right now? My favorite was color for sure, you can get really creative. Color correction is fun too. Nice workout yesterday.

Got to run, tons of stuff to do today. Have a nice day.

Debbie, I think at the moment Kelly's Raw stretch is my favorite. I feel so much better after that stretch. For a short stretch I am liking Cathe's Lite stretch 2. It seems to mainly target the hips an legs and she does some stretches that are a bit different. It feels good in my low back and right hip and hip flexor that get so tight and sore. Not Jolie, but Yvette is on YouTube. I have only done free workouts there. She has quite a lot.

Belinda, nice job on the workout. Sometimes my workouts get long and by the time I am done I do not have a lot of time for posting. Particularly if there are extra things to do.

Jolie, I also read that if you are using a juicer and there is pulp left over you would be eliminating some of the oxalates. We normally consume oxalates, but the problem is eating too many. Dino Kale is better than curly Kale and other varieties. I don't generally see that one in the stores though. I have purchased lacinto kale at Sprouts though. I think Kale is a little less oxalates than spinach. Bok choy, romaine, and cucumbers are lowest. Cabbage, although I don't think I would care for cabbage in a drink. Carrots, celery, and collard greens come on the medium oxalate scale. There are quite a health issues linked to osalates. Inflammation in joints causing stiffness is one. Kidney stones is the well known problem, vitamin and mineral deficiency, lethargy, histamine intolerances, thyroid conditions where oxalate is stored in the thyroid tissue as it binds to T3.
Suggestions I have seen are to rotate produce, cook, but do not overcook vegges, do not take a high vitamin C supplement as it can be used to make oxalate, activated charcoal is good, Omega 3 levels increased is good, take magnesium and calcium with it ( I have read citrate on some websites, Dave Aspry says carbonate) I am not sure the variety matters so much as most are just in agreement on the calcium and / or magnesium. Also D, but you can od on D.
Normally, I do not take a lot of extra calcium. I buy Rainbow Light Magnesium + Calcium which is 1000 mg of magnesium and 500 mg of calcium (plant based) and a dose is 3 tablets a day. I generally use 1 or 2 depending on what I have eaten. I used to buy K2 or use the D3 / K2 from Melaleuca. They were expensive. I get tired of expensive supplements. Wish we could just get what we need from our food.

Yes, parsley is a great detoxifier. I like using it my smoothies and foods. I buy fresh and use it with Bullet Proof brain octane oil in my homemade salad dressings. I also add a few Tbs to my homemade mayonnaise that I use for recipes and ranch dressing. I need to check on the use of nut oils in my mayonnaise, since nuts have oxalates.

Added to say I was looking and Dino kale is lacing kale, low in oxalates as well as mustard greens and collard greens.

Good Evening,

I have not been sleeping well DH has put on weight so he snores more so I have been sleeping the couch. Work is also starting to wear me out and starting tomorrow DH and I have three boys for five days 6,3 and 1 I will be exhausted by Tuesday.

• Wow
I just watched the workout Jolie did yesterday. I have two words to say about Yvette Bachman workouts:

NO WAY!

That girl BE CRAZY!!!

Jolie, I bow down to you, girl!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.