Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday May 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jackie Warner's One on One Training. I added ankle weights and dumbbells to the core/ab section. Workout was 65" and I burned 477 calories.

This is a pretty good workout. I was able to go a little heavier this time since I knew what was coming.

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - yes, I'll be working 6 days a week, but I get to make one of those days a shorter day. I'm trying to be "okay" with it, but my DH is really pissed about it.....so he's not helping matters. I hope I can get used to it.

Good morning everyone!!!

I just had a question this morning for anyone who can answer.
When doing a rotation that focuses on the lowerbody I notice that Deb or cathe usually will include 2 lowerbody workouts in the rotation. Is it safe to work the legs three times a week??

Thanks every one have a great weekend..

I finished my workout. It ended up being longer than I anticipated. Focus with cardio was more cardio toning. I started with Turbo Jam Get on the Ball Total body I did this for 40 min, then I did CIA Sharon Twombly Athletic Step Jam stability ball segment, I finished with Amy Bento In the Ring Premix med ball intervals done twice no w/up or str. I went on to do Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme Total body premix skipping the w/up. Workout was 2hr40in. I burned 893 calories. I quit before the end of the Turbo Jam workout because I saw I was not burning that many calories and felt I was not getting much of a workout out of it. I do enjoy it though. I was trying to keep my impact down some today.

Lora, the job environment seems better for you though. I would hate to see you get another job where you were miserable again.

Wonderwoman, IMO I think 3 times a week for lower body is ok if you are not hitting the weights really heavy.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning,

NO workout this morningx( I really can't believe this x(

Me and my sister went too the Mall yesterday, I got some pretty cute clothing. Anywho, I’m ending my last 12th week on a pretty nasty note.

Any who, Sunday, posting another 12 week calendar on my wall and getting busy:p Have a great day all!

Morning everyone!

Today was ws -

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
8/8/8 25 lb dumbbells

One arm dumbbell row
8/8/8 - 32 lbs

stability ball push up jackknife superset with rear lunge cable row
6 reps repeated for 10 minutes

squat dumbbell press superset with lat pull downs
20 lbs dumbbells for squat press and 100 lb resistance on bow flex for lat pulls
6 reps repeated for 10 minutes

Intervals - 120 max / 120 moderate - 3 rounds

I did high knees and really fast jacks and walked.

Have a great day all.

Hello peeps!

Still following my DH's coaching and not complaining about not being able to work hard enough. :) This morning I did an "easy" spin on the bike for an hour with an average HR of 150. When I was finished, my DH said, "Isn't it nice not to kill yourself on every workout?" Hmmm...I guess. :p Tomorrow I get to ride hard and DH is going to go with me. He usually kills me and I get great averages (speed-wise) when I ride with him, so I'm looking forward to it.

I finally went and had my shoulder checked out by a great sports medicine doctor we have in town. The police department uses him a lot. It's bothered me off and on for about 5 or 6 years, but really flared up since March. I thought that was odd since I'd taken a break from weights. It's my rotator cuff. He's not sure if it's a sprain or a tear and can't tell without an MRI but my insurance is funky and needs lots of documentation (the beauty of going to him since he's so familiar with it b/c of all the cops). He decided to try therapy first and is giving me his best shoulder guy (they have a bunch of PT's there and I ran into a friend who has just gone through 4 weeks of therapy and she didn't even get to see this guy!). He also gave me a script for an anti-inflammatory. He was going to give me a cortisone shot but then he remembered that my insurance would pay for the shot but then wouldn't pay for my visit. I'm glad he knew that b/c I didn't! He also wanted to take an x-ray to make sure there isn't any arthritis, but the x-ray machine had just gone down that morning and they were waiting for the repair person. I also have frozen shoulder from not moving it in certain directions due to the pain. He said I'm way too young to have that. I go to therapy today and I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks. He's SUPER fit and SUPER muscular. Gotta love that in a doctor! I hope the therapy does the trick. Oh - and when you lift, the muscle that you build up around it helps to support the shoulder. When you quit, there is nothing to support the weight of your arm, hence all the pain. Who knew? :) He also cycles and was quite impressed with my crash injuries. :p I did tell him that although I hit on the side of my shoulder, it didn't seem to aggravate it any more than it already was. I'm pretty sure my head took the brunt of the impact!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Linda

Sorry - I didn't respond to your question the other day.

I am in week 2. The workouts sort of repeat - but change up a bit and the cardio gets longer.

Debbie and Diane Sue -

Have you guys tried the FAGE yogurt? It is very pure (unrefined and great tasting.

The 2% has 120 calories, 4 g fat, 8 carbs and 17 protein.
The 0% is 80 cals, 6 carbs and 13 protein. You can add honey or whatever to sweeten it. It is very rich and almost taste like cheesecake. I love it. It is hard to find.

Afternoon Maniacs,

Thank goodness the weight work for the week is done, way too much DOMS! Still walking funny because of the hamstrings. Anyway, today was day five of WS and here is how it played out:

Strength
Traditional Dead w 2 sec hold on floor.
8/8/8/8 - 90#

Circuit A - 10 minutes
Push up/Prone Jackknife on Ball w/
Reverse Lunge w/ weight at shoulder
Did alternating sets of 6, completed 7 rounds.
Lunges: 35# DB

Circuit B - 10 minutes
Squat & Press w/
Chin ups
did alternating sets of 6, completed 9 1/2 rounds.
Press: 6 x 10 - 20's
Chins: 6 x 1 unassisted, 6 x 8 assisted
***these were mixed grip chins and were harder, did them wrong on Monday***

Interval A
W/u 3 min, 6 intervals w 30 sec. max intensity 90 sec recovery, 3 min c/d. Use 4 DS BC drills 1 thru 7 skipping 4, and marched in place for recovery.

Hi Linda,

How is WS working out for you? Are you seeing results? I've been doing mostly cardio and I've been doing it in the mornings before work, which is working out great if I can just keep it up! I feel better during the day, and I have my workout done, so I try not to eat badly. I've been doing the cardio from 4DS. I try to do the weight work in the afternoons.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Sandy - Right now I like WS, probably because it's so different from what I have been doing. It's hard. Ten minutes has never lasted so long! I am only on day 5 and I am see results but more probably because I have cleaned up my eating. Now if I can just keep it up for the next 3 weeks I'll be in good shape. I like the cardio from 4 DS. I love working out in the morning. I know it's suppose to be better to do weight work later in the day, but that just does not fit into my schedule. Once everybody is up, my time is no longer my own. Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.