Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

Here is the run down of yesterday's Raw Intervals 3 workout. It was on my old computer upstairs. I am getting ready to start today's workout. I have my granddaughter here again today. No fever this morning, Yeah!! I made her some oatmeal and she did school work to catch up.

Raw Intervals #3 no fancy footwork for the step and cardio portions, everything has a fast paced low weight followed by a heavier weight for each body part Kelly uses 3# and 10# dumbbells, you need a warm up for this step used 27 minutes(I used 5# for most and 10#)
3# quick biceps curls followed by slower curls with 10#
ski runs and jacks
bent arm lateral raise with pulses 3# followed by 10# lateral rases
step single leg knee pulls
triceps 3# run followed by 10# alternating kickbacks
step scissors / pop squats done in sets of 8 with a pause
pec dec 3# pulses followed by 10# pec deck
step lateral leg lifts with arm movements
back rows 3# fast followed by 10# rows
waist line side to side bends followed by seated on step knee ins

Debbie, my husband was looking at the Max Trainer. I won't decide what to get next until the Tread Climber gives out. Besides a year ago I put over 500 dollars into the Tread climber for new belts and walking boards. I just know after the repair work on the Tread Climber, to choose something that is easier to get parts for and more of a normal piece of equipment. The person we used fixes for fitness equipment stores and refurbishes. He had a tough time getting parts for the Tread Climber and had to cut and make the walking boards fit. It was a year past the extended warranty we purchased when we bought it. If you buy I would recommend the extended warranty for sure. The thing is the Tread Climber was not used much till we put it in our room and my husband started using it all of the time. This was after we had had it for 3 years. I know it is not the same piece of equipment though. We had purchased the Nautilus treadmill before and it never wore out. It was way past it's warranty and had a lot of use. That being said the Max Trainer does look like it would be great.

Good morning,

3 mile walk + SBF (Susanne Bowen Fitness) D38 Thin Tights Fast 2 is done.

I tried to cancel my SBF (Susanne Bowen Fitness) subscription which will expire the end of October this year. I still have 9 month left. Once they started the new site, they promised they would add more workouts. Well, she hasn't put anything out since March last year :( Oh by the way, she only has 372 workouts total online. Not to mention all the 3 to 4 min tutorial/quick target videos. She also has a lot of prenatal/kids barre videos. There isn't enough workouts to keep my interest :( I only paid $79 for the year , I was grandfathered. Everyone that signed up for the new site got grandfathered. Well, I wrote an email the other day to her monitor/administrator, she also is one that runs her FB page. Susanne stopped posting on FB in almost a year. She was going to refund me $34 for the remaining 9 month :( She said, I already used 3 mouth ($14.99 x 3 = $45. LOL! The current monthly price is $14.99. Anyway, I decided to keep my subscription until it runs out in October. I will not sign up again, not enough content on her streaming site. Her yearly membership is now $129.99, month is $14.99. Her membership almost doubled with no new contents.

Jolie - I want to sign up for Cathe Live every time I see your workouts. They look amazing! Great job!

Debbie - great job with the stretch this morning. I will try to get one in today too. Yeah, almost done with L4.

Diane - LOL, I still love L4. Got great results from it. DH wants to do my High Reps workouts after L4. Haven't decided what we are doing next? Great job as always with your workouts.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
Good morning! I cant believe my legs are not sore from yesterday's leg workout but they are tired :) Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core ( 10-24-14 ) and had an awesome workout. This is a giant set type workout for each muscle group that you repeat 3 times and each set is x 12 reps. It is hard to go heavy because there are NO rests between sets and your muscles are screaming by the 3rd set. Workout was minutes and I burned 381 calories. I did sub out a few exercises that I like to do better.

Back- ( 3 rounds )
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12 ( substituted from doing pullovers, hurts my pulled ab muscle )

Shoulders- ( 3 rounds )
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12
Rear Flies- 10's x 12
Incline Front Raise- 8's x 12
Lateral Raise- 10's x 12

Chest- ( 3 rounds )
Chest Flies- 15's x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 12

Triceps- ( 3 rounds )
Lying Triceps Ext- 10's x 12
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 10# x 12
Kickbacks- 8's x 12

Biceps- ( 3 rounds )
Traditional Curls- 15's x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 12
W Curls- 10's x 12
Hammer Curl with a twist- 12's x 12

ABS

Debbie, I have an elliptical and it is awesome on my low back and knees. I love it! I have a Precor the kind where there is no hand movement, just hand rails, i hate that because I like to sprint. Maybe it is the impact that bothers you, go to a gym place that sells the product and try it out! I will look up the product you are looking at and see what it does, im intreged. I cant believe that I am not sore today, maybe tomorrow! :( My Precor has never been serviced or had any problems and I have had it for 12 years! Read all of the reviews on the forums before you buy, you will get peoples honest opinions and see how good the product is before you buy.

Belinda, Cathe Live without On Demand is only $9.99 per month, it is such a great deal. I dont do On Demand because I have most of the DVD workouts anyway. You are killing it with the workouts!!!!

Diane Sue, I will come back later to read your post for today's workout. I hope your grand daughter is feeling better.

Roselyn, I hope you are getting some workouts in this week, I am sure you are :)

Be back later to read posts that post after me.

Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 45 minutes alternates between cardio, strength, and kettlebell rounds Not real hard cardio segments and not too much high impact.
Kelly uses a 33# barbell for most of it, 10# dumbbells, and a 20# kettlebell for kettlebells swings and figure 8's, This was 47 minutes as I decided after starting with 35# barbell to move to a 45# for the squats so two sets, heart rate average124, max 165, 319 calories, met 8.0. I then did Lite Abs #2, 11 minutes, 44 calories, met 5.0, heart rate average 108, max 139, and finishing with Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, met 2.3, 60 calories.
Total time 82 minutes, 427 calories, 2,575 steps.
warm up about 6.5 minutes
cardio punches/squat hops, then just punches front, up, low and all 3
barbell squats35# then did it with 45# my weight 10 reps
kettlebell 25# 20 reps double hand swings
cardio skate hop side to side ending in just hop side to side
biceps curls 45# barbell my weight 10 reps
kettlebell single arm swings 10 and 10 reps 25#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers hands on barbell
deadlift Kelly used barbell I used 45# barbell 10 reps
kettlebell swings alternating 10 reps 25#
cardio cardio insole slaps/butt kicker jog then just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip I lowered the bar to 35# here 10 reps dropped from 45# here
figure 8 kettlebell swings 20 reps 25#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then just center with jumps
Thrusters 45# barbell 10 reps
double swing kettlebell 25# 20 reps
cardio punches with a tuck jump
barbell bentover rows 45# barbell
alternating kettlebell swings 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps of just shoot
dumbbell kickbacks I used 12# dbs 10 reps
kettlebell double hand swings 25# 20 reps/ alternating swings 25# 20 reps/ figure 8 25# 20 reps
cardio punch and skater , butt kicker jog, step side shoot
deadlift high pull 45# barbell 10 reps/clean from the hip push press 45# barbell 10 reps (a bit difficult on the cleans at 45)
abs and glutes
feet on barbell bridge 20 reps and then 20 pulses
feet under the bar sit ups 20
bench press 20 reps wide, then 20 reps close grip 45# barbell

Debbie, my husband had a in dash GPS system, radio, back up camera, and phone, put in my Chevy Spark. I am not real good at using it. It kept trying to get me to go off track and back to the turnpike. Now that I know where the house is and that it is further away than I thought, I will know which direction to go next time. I set my phone too, and it wanted me to use the turnpike which I did not want to take. Part of it was my fault. usually when I veer off away from the turnpike Google changes the route to another one. It didn't, and after I went in a circle I ignored it. Fortunately Google got me to the right neighborhood and street. I think I would have been a bit worried if it weren't for that because it was much farther into this other city than I had anticipated. I should have been their in 28 minutes and it was closer to an hour between setting up my phone and car GPS and heading out. They had called to see if I was still coming.

Belinda, that is terrible about Suzanne Bowen's Streaming. I wonder why they raised the cost and set up a new site and then she quit making workouts. That is strange. I half way expected some big event to happen. 14.99 is a lot for a month if you ask me.

Jolie, great workout. I liked that one a lot. Yes, I think reading reviews and really checking out the products. I think there may be stores where one could check out even the Max trainer in the store. For me, I would never go to a gym and try something because I prefer to work out in private. My husband and I did check out Orange Theory around the corner once, thinking trying different types of equipment, but they are only classes and way way too much money. Maybe n extensive equipment store would have some to check out. I never heard of I have heard of Precor. Some of the newer name equipment companies like Peloton seem to have popped up more recently due to advertising and marketing. I would prefer a company that has been around a very long time just for parts and service and being available for problems. Particularly if the item is in the thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
I'm in week three of the LITE Rotation. Pyramid upper body Monday, Stacked Sets Lower yesterday and rev'd up rumble this morning! Great work everyone.... I'm itching to do Cathe live seeing all these posts too!!

Diane Sue - isn't it strange? She doubled the price, no new workouts. We all expected an big event to happened. It's been almost a year. I agree, I wouldn't pay $14.99 a month and no new workouts on her site. She repeats them over and over in her rotations. She is an amazing instructor. What a shame what is happening to her site. She is losing a lot of people. I know a few that left in Nov last year. Wished I known she isn't putting out new workouts, I would cancel my subscription too. I still have 9 month left, I will use it even if it kills me. Great job today.

Jolie - I wish I could sign up for Cathe Live today. I already have Susanne Bowen + BB subscriptions. I don't need a third one, lol. As soon as, the run out I will sign up. Great workout as always.

No workout today, I gave some bug going around with coughing, congestion and a horrible headache. I am staying home from work and hopefully can get into the doctors office. I have not been lucky these last two years with these illnesses, I had the same thing at the exact same time last year. WTH?

Hope you all have great workouts, I don't even have the energy to do personals. Sorry!!

• Sad
Good morning,

L4 Week 7 Shoulder Intervals + SBF UB 8 (12 min of planks) is done.

My DH's cousin she is over 80 years old, her daughter passed away last light :( I can't imagine what she is going through though. You never want your kids go before you. I feel so bad for her. She was our age :( So sad.

Debbie - Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest!

Have a great workout today, everyone.

Belinda, that is so sad! My bother died when he was twenty five and I was twenty four, it almost killed all of us in the family, it is so un natural for a child to die before the parents.

Today I did PHA 3 and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these workouts, and the vertical loading as well. They are big calorie burners and you hit the entire body. No abs in this workout but that's ok because I did them for the last 3 days anyway. Workout was about an hour, I forgot to look, and I burned 489 calories. I added leg ext. at the end just because :) Your heart rate gets up there and I have burned an additional 100 calories in the last 15 minutes just cleaning up my gym and writing this post. Yes! Now im at 582 calories burned :) Average heart rate was 128 and max was 172. There are 3 circuits that you do two times around so a total of 6 circuits.

Cross back lunges to squats- 8's x 20 each side, x 20 each side
Barbell Curls- 35# x 16, x 16
Front Lunge w. leg lift- 8's x 16, x 12
Overhead Press- 15's x 16, x 16
DB Squats with low ends- 15's x 16, x 16
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 16, x 16

Toes Elevated Deadlifts- 40# BB x 16, x 16
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16, x 16
Side to Side Lunges- 8's x 16, x 12
Chest Press, no pushups- 20's x 16, x 16
Squat Toss- 10# x 30 x 30
Lateral Raises- 8's x 16, x 16

Heels elevated Front Squat- 20# x 20, x 20
Upright Row- 12's x 16, x 16
Rear slide back lunges- BW x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
Plie Squat- 15# x 20, x 20
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 16, x 16
Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 16

WOW!!!! I might be taking tomorrow off my body is tired! It is raining so hard that the flash flood warnings are going off on my phone right now!!!!

Debbie, Go get Tamiflu! My son and husband went on that when we had the flu and they didnt get it. Yikes. I hope you feel better. Drink lemon juice, water, agava, grated ginger and cayenne pepper. Take care.

Belinda, nice job on the workout.

I will be back later to read your posts.

Happy Valentines Day!

This morning I did Lite Cardio Party mish mosh #7 mix double it 65 minutes, met 8.20, 436 calories, 6,385 steps heart rate average 135 average, 163 max. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design weighted boxing segment, 13 minutes, 86 calories, heart rate 127 average, 154 max, 1,154 steps. I finished with Body Design Yoga 13 minutes, met 2.5, 36 calories, 48 steps. Total time was 91 minutes, 558 calories. 7,587 steps.

Debbie, I am so sorry that you are sick. I remember you have a terrible problem with sinuses or something last year. There is so much flu and other viruses going around this year. I hope you can get it under control asap.

Doreen, nice work on the rotation mixing lite with other workouts.

Belinda, I wouldn't want to pay for too many subscriptions at once because I want to get my money's worth out of what I have already. I kind of thought Suzanne Bowen would come up with something even better than she has. Why would someone want to pay more money for what they already had? Yes, she is a good instructor.
It is tough losing children. My friend in her 80's lost her husband and both sons. The last son recently. She does the grief share for others in the town she lives in. She says she knows all about it and how to overcome it. My brother had a tough time when he was doing volunteer emergency work in his town and went on a call for a car accident and lost his daughter in that accident. Her car was mangled up under a truck. The family has had a rough time over the years and he saw her. They will never get over the loss. She was 19.
Jolie, your family must have been devastated. That is rough.
I loved the PHA3 workout. It was a really good one. You burned some nice calories. You are really working hard. You probably deserve a rest day.

So sorry to hear that terrible news many prayers Belinda

I did Ignite again today

Feel better Debbie there is some kind of bug going around here too

Hi all, still not workout. I am coughing so bad today that my sides, back and ribs are killing me. I did go to the doctors yesterday and it seems I have a sinus infection. She gave me Amoxicillin, I hope it works. I am at work but really shouldn't be. I have no point as I have a big project next week and I can't afford to take anymore days off.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! Great workouts you all are having. Belinda, I'm sorry about your DH's cousin. So sad. And you're right, parents should not bury their kids. Jolie, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, OMG. Terrible.

I skipped ahead on the LITE rotation. Today was supposed to be a rest day but I wanted more weight work this week since the last 2 days have been cardio. So I did LITE PHA2. I went heavier on the leg work but in order to keep going I had to remain where I was for the upper body and use those moves to catch my breath! The whole PHA thing is a real deal. I need to go back a revisit the S&S PHA workout. Not sure if I'll finish the last week of the LITE rotation as written or what. I like the Stacked Sets workouts but I don't want to burn myself out on the cardio workouts because they would work well for the summer when I workout outside.

Debbie - hang in there - I know the pressure of having to be at work to finish a project when you don't feel good!.

Jolie - PHA 3 looks really good. I think I have to do these PHA workouts a couple times to get the right weigh selections and then they are killer!

Good afternoon,

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. I started cleaning my house afterwards and couldn't stop, lol.

L4 Lege HiiT + SBF Barre BC is done. I also walked 1 mile.

Jolie - I am so sorry you lost your brother ((HUGS)) you and your family must have been devastated.

Roselyn - thank you so much! I feel horrible for the family. Great job yesterday.

Debbie - Thank you! It's very sad. You poor girl! You just can't get a break. Feel better soon.

Diane - thank you! That is horrible about the girl. So sad. I have no idea what's going on with SBF streaming site :( Very sad! I am going to use the heck out off those workouts.

Where is Roxie?

Doreen - nice job this morning.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Metabolic mish mosh #6 standing double it + calorie crush + floor, 71 minutes, met 8.20, 518 calories, 3,100 steps. I then did the Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, met 3.5, 32 calories. Total time 82 minutes, 550 calories, 3,110 steps.
It took awhile because I realized after starting that the workout cards that I had printed out were not correct in the guide book. I had to download the updated guide book and went to print the workout cards and realized I was using my husband old computer and it was not set for my printer. By the time I got that straightened out, it did not just print just the pages I needed like I had set it for. Instead it printed the whole user guide:oops: I finally just left it till it had printed and went back to the workout. Wasted time there!!
Weights today
curl press with lunge/side lunge with abduction 8# dbs
one arm snatch 10# db
4 jabs up/4 jabs across/ 4 leg abductions/squat 5# dbs
forward leaning rear delt fly with curl press 8# dbs
squat lunge/squat press 10# dbs
8 pass under lunges/ 8 traveling lunges 10# dbs 3 sets
squat with two small jumps/ lunge kick lunge stand10# dbs
cross back lunge with lateral raise/ 1 front raise/ upright row 8# dbs
3 squat press / 1 goal post press/ 2 singles 8# dbs
rear lunge with torso twist 8# dbs
alternating biceps curls with leg extension 10# dbs
front /lateral raise with calf pumps 5# dbs
scare crow lifts with hamstring curls 5# dbs
repeat all of that a second time
floor:
side plank with front angle rear delt raise 3 sets of the moves then ending with 8 reps repeat on other side 5# db then dropped to 3# on the last 8 reps (was making my neck and shoulder hurt
weighted sit ups 8# dbs
chest fly with glute squeeze 8# dbs
press and pull over 8# dbs
swimmers lying prone (this was not on the workout card) body weight
weighted sit ups

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Debbie, it is good that you went to the doctor. Hopefully the antibiotic kicks in. They gave me a different antibiotic with mine. Probably because I am allergic to sulfa. I was glad when I was done with it. They had given me the antibiotic and prednisone since I was coughing so hard and so congested to prevent it from turning to pneumonia. I never had a sinus infection get so bad before. That was in December. It zaps the life out of you.

Doreen, I don't blame you for thinking of changing the next week of the rotation if you are going to be using those workouts a lot in a couple of months or so. I don't recall any of the PHA workouts making me breathe hard. Maybe I was not lifting heavy enough. I know I always read that they were supposed to have a cardio effect moving from lower to upper body. I will be interested in how it works out when I get the Lite PHA workout.

Belinda, good job on the workout this morning and getting into the house work. I really do need to do some cleaning as I have not got as much done this week with my granddaughter here and extra things going on. I wanted her to rest so I mostly worked on dusting and laundry.

Good Evening,

I did KCM Cardio Quick Fix 1. I am still trying to recover from all the drinking last weekend and staying up all night but it was a blast we all had so much fun together. I will get back in the groove this week I am going to need some major stress relief. I can’t hardly turn my head to the right giant stress knot. Snowed here again today and supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow.

Roselyn, nice work getting stacked upper in. It is freezing cold here today after being in the 60's yesterday. Then the wind makes it worse.

Roxie, we just had a big drop in temperature. Tuesday they are saying snow or at least freezing rain. I am ready for spring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.