Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

Today I did a long premix from Fit Split. It was Cardio Shred+push+pull mix. Actual time was 84 minutes, my time for writing and changing weights was 94 minutes, 3,443 steps, 631 calories, met 8 using Map My Fitness. Heart rate average was 113, max 182. I probably should have done the cardio separate since it is such an intense cardio. If I use Cathe's workout manager and my weight equation with her met of 9.3 it would be over 700 calories as hers has it over 800. Anyway, I felt that was way to high, even for the time I spent. We, won't even talk about my Fit Bit. It is rather annoying. Who works that hard for that long and gets 320 calories anyway?? Map my fitness uses the Fit Bit heart rates and it's workout settings.
Weights Push and Pull
bench press 20# 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# 10,8,8 reps
knee tap pushups 2 sets 10,8 reps
plyo push ups kneeling using step 20 reps
alternating close grip bench press 20# 16,12,8 reps superset with barbell lying extension 30# 10,8,8 reps
dips with 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 30# barbells 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15,15,15 # 10,8,8 reps
front squat heels elevated 35# barbell 12 ,12,12 reps superset with high and tight times of high and low pulses 64 total reps 3 sets
calf raises 20# dbs 50 reps
pull workout no step here
one arm rows 30# db 12, 10, 10 reps
pull overs 15# dbs on stability ball 8, 6,6 reps
overhand row 15# dbs with loop band 10,10,10 reps
dead lifts 50# baarbell 10,10 reps
upright rows 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with rear delt flies 12# dbs 10,8,8 reps
lateral raise 8,# dbs 10,8,8 reps super set with external rotation 5# dbs and loop band 10,8,6 reps
barbell curls 35# barbell 10,8, 6 reps giant set with W curls 12# dbs 10,8,6 reps giant set with sweeper curls 15# dbs 10,8,6 reps
Hamstring roll ins various counts and many reps :)
I think I have went through all of Fit Split in the last two weeks except the metabolic workout. It might be a good one to mix with something from Lite. I got the Lite metabolic this afternoon. The Fit Split one is short.

Belinda, nice job getting your workout in. LOL on checking out the sound on Rock m Sock m. I really did get up and go out and look out the window a couple of times before I realized it was on the dvd. Getting in more stretching sounds like a good idea. Have fun tonight :)

Debbie, nice job on the yoga/stretching. I think 30 minutes is the best length of time if one can get it in. I kind of wanted to add on a stretch today , but it is my husbands day off and I was upstairs long enough. It takes so long writing down weights and changing up equipment. I will try to get in a stretch in the morning before church like I usually do. Sarah Beth you tube yoga has a 7 day yoga challenge that I have used quite a bit. Each workout was only about 15 minutes so was pretty easy to get in. The 20 minute one I did yesterday was a slower one holding the stretches a bit longer. It felt good.

Roselyn, good job getting the workouts in. Strong and Sweaty is a good one. ;)

Doreen, that sounds like an excellent idea. I think I own a shred or two dvd. I never have much desire for her workouts. I think most I have only done once or twice. I keep thinking that maybe some day I will pull them out, but there are so many other instructors I would rather work out to. Splitting it up between two workouts and doing a push day and a pull day would be great.

This is my normal rest day/stretch. I did Lite abs #2 and stretch#2 before church this morning. This was 21 minutes, 75 calories.

Roselyn nice work on Yvette Bachman yesterday.

This evening I did the 3rd yoga workout from 3-Day Refresh called "Restore & Stretch". I did really well with it today. I remember struggling through it last week. These workouts make me feel really good and I love the trainers. I have to say, Beach Body has some great trainers.

I set my Fitbit for this workout but forgot that I did and didn't shut it off until like an hour after I was done. Oh well.

I also watched Cathe's Live Total Body Barbell Challenge, I think I'm going to do that one tomorrow. Wow, this is a super high rep workout, not sure I'll like it but it sort of looks fun. I'll try it, why not?

Hope you all had great workouts or rest days today!!

Reactions: WD
Debbie - Vitas Bskauskas is a great yoga teacher. He also has a free yoga dvd out from UDAYA called Deepen your Practice, Find your Practice. He is also on YogaWorks.com. You also can find full yoga practice on youtube with him. I have a few of his yoga dvd's and really like them. I was very happy to see him on BB too.

I never got a stretch in today, I am very lazy today.

Debbie, nice job on the yoga. I am glad it is working well for you. Good luck with the Total Body workout tomorrow.

Belinda, I will have to check out that yoga.

Today I did the Cathe Live Total Body Barbell Challenge from 12/13/18. OMG, what a fun workout. Lots of reps, almost ridiculously high reps, but all of it was doable. I did stop on some of the leg exercises because of my hamstring, but I tried to do as much as I could. I really liked this one.

Section 1: Used 25# for all lifting moves
Squats
- Ridiculous number of reps, I stopped early
Pushups off the Step - 16 reps
Bench Press
Pushups off the step
- 12 reps
Bench Press

Section 2: Used 25# for all lifting moves
Plie Squats
- I used a dumbbell here, it's too hard to hold that barbell up so long
Barbell Row
Plie Squats

Section 3: Used 20# for all lifting moves
Close Grip Press
- 8 reps
Pullover
Dips
- 32 reps
Dips - 24 reps
Close Grip Press - 24 reps
Lying Extensions - 14 reps
Close Grip/Lying Extensions together - 8 reps

Section 4: Used 20# for all lifting moves
Clean & Press
- 4 reps
Shrugs - 4 reps
Push/Press - 4 reps
Clean & Press - 4 reps
Shrugs - 8 reps
Push/Press - 4 reps
(these killed me)

Section 5: Used 10# for lunges/15# for biceps
Static Lunges Right
Static Lunges Left
Biceps Curl
Drop Curls -
these were cool
Biceps Curl
Drop Curls
Deadlifts
- 30# (stopped when I felt my hamstring get tight)

Section 6: Used 5# Barbell & 2.5# weights in each hand for LR
Upright Row/Front Raise/Front swing Press
- Loved this!!
Lateral Raise/Rotator Cuff Move/Chest Squeeze - This burned like crazy

Abs

Getting some good ab work in lately, I'm liking it!!

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 331 calories and HR was 118/151.

Belinda - I really like Vytas, he is awesome. You should have done one of those workouts, you would have loved it. I feel like a new person after doing them for a couple weeks. I'm doing them again this week.

Diane - You get something in even when it's your rest day. Nice job!!! Your workout on Saturday looked amazing.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout yesterday!!

Roxie - Nice going planning for your meals. Keep it up!! Keep eating well and all throughout the day!

Jolie - Great job with your workout on Friday. You should try the one I did today, I think you would love it.

Hi to everyone else! I am out of time!! Have great workouts everyone!!

Last edited:
I took both Saturday and Sunday off because on Sat. I went and visited my parents and Sunday we had a house showing and an open house so we went out to lunch for an early Valentines Day and then went to look at houses to buy for ourselves. Pouring rain for days last week and four days of rain this week!!!! Today I did Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body and I added ABS at the end. Workout was minutes and I burned calories. This is a great workout, fast moving and barely any rest. I did modify it so I could lift heavier and I did not do the pushups, I did chest press instead. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 401 calories. Average heart rate was 122 and max was 173. That seems high but I had to work really hard because I am tired from a poor nights sleep.

Do each grouping 2 times around and the reps change from 16 to 12.

Triceps Cable Pulldowns- 30# x 16, x 12
Lying Ext.- 12's x 16, x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 15, x 12
Chest Flies- 15's x 16, x 12
2 Close Grip Presses and 1 chest fly- 15's x 6 rounds
Cross Body Ext.- 12# x 16, x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 16, x 12
Lateral Raises- 8's x 16, x 12
Iron Cross- 5's x 8, x 8
Rear Flies- 10's x 16, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 16, x 12

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Horzt. Row- 15# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Row- 20# x 16, x 12
Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 12
Crazy eights- 10's x 24, x 24
W Curls- 10's x 16, x 12
Reverse Curls- 10's x 16, x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 16, x 12

ABS

Debbie, I think I have done that workout that you did today, looks awesome. I might have to try it this week. I love those high rep workouts because they are platuea busters. I will print it up and use it when I do the workout. Nice job on it and I am glad the stretching is working :)

Belinda, good job on the workout and boy that fundraiser sounds like fun. I hope you and your husband enjoyed yourselves.

Diane Sue, I am making soup this week I saw someone on Instagram make and it looks so good and healthy. Chicken stock, onions, garlic, celery, zucchini, carrots, ground turkey or chicken or shredded chicken, and spinach or kale. I love soup so much right now that is basically all i have been wanting to eat since I was sick. It is amazing how much easier it is to digest than a meal.

Doreen, great score at the Thrift Store!!!!!!!! I love to find deals like that and I also pick them up, why not.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying school and I see you are continuing to get your workouts in each day!!! :)

I will be back later to read the other posts.

Have a nice Day.

My workout was short this morning since I wanted to be ready to get her in to either her doctor or urgent care which is closer. I did the Lite Metabolic workout without the bonuses which I had planned to add to it. This was 42 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 157, 1,412 steps, met 7.8, 267 calories. I discovered the user guide that I printed up originally was missing part of the workout card for metabolic blast so I did not write anything down. I used a bit heavier weights throughout. 8's mostly and sometimes 10's.
My granddaughter 11 stayed the night getting over a virus, but it got worse. She had 110 temp at 10:30 last night and 103 this morning. I got her into the Urgent care and it is the flu. Poor baby. Her mother is going to try to get off tomorrow. Finding a substitute at the last minute would have not been so easy and her Dad was working as he works nights. I wanted to do Kelly's foam roller workout today and the rest of metabolic blast, but will have to add them another day.

Debbie, great workout! It looks like it has some good moves in it. Good choice to stop when the hamstrings started getting tight.

Belinda, great that you liked the yoga.

Jolie, good job on the workout and the changes that you made. I love soups, and yes they are better for the digestion than heavy meals. I keep some around all of the time. I eat lots of soups and salads.

It is raining today, like it seems to do every other day anymore, and will not stop until 7 tonight. Ridiculous. Our yard is a lake. We go from sub zero temperatures to the 50's in a matter of hours and then we end up with flooding all over the place. Crazy!!!

Today I did Kelly RAW Home Gym 2 workout. I don't think I've ever done this one before, but I had the workout sheet typed up and printed out so not sure how that happened? I must have watched it at one point and logged the workout. It was really fun. She does high intensity floor work, but I got on my treadmill and jogged while she was doing that. Really fun. Hamstring still tight, I felt it as I was jogging. It is no worse for wear from yesterday's workout so that's good.

I took a picture of my workout sheet but it somehow combined it with a picture I deleted ages ago. Kind of freaky. So I can't remember the exercises. I will come back later and post it all. I don't even have my stats so will post it later.

I also walked on my treadmill for about 15 minutes. Got a great workout, I was a sweaty mess by the time I was done.

Belinda - You will LOVE the other two workouts from 3-Day Refresh as well. I can't wait to do the 2nd one tomorrow. I really love those workouts. Nice job!

Jolie - We are also getting tons of rain. I hate it. We will need a boat to get around pretty soon!! Great job with Awesome Upper Body! I liked that one too. I am actually shocked you haven't sold your house yet. Any bids yet? Hopefully you will soon.

Diane - I hope your granddaughter is getting better, that flu is nothing to mess with. I'm glad you took her to the Urgent Care. You had a good workout even though it was a shorter one for you. I'm sure you'll make it up today! LOL! I want to do Kelly's foam roller workout, maybe tomorrow after I do the yoga one.

Roselyn - Glad you are enjoying your workouts. :)

Hi to all who come after me. I'll be back later to post my workout exercises.

Good morning,

L4 Week 6 D2 Back/Bic + 2 mile walk is done.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
OMG is all I can say about todays workout. I haven't done a workout just for legs in I don't know how long ago! I will not be walking tomorrow lol! I previewed this one last night and thought it looked easy because it is lite weights, yeah right!!!! There are 5 rounds that you do two rounds and the reps vary but I posted what I did and I did substitute a few exercises because I cant do static lunges and or front lunges. For the workout I burned 454 calories, I added ABS to the end and total calorie burn was 501. I am dripping and breathing hard still! Average heart rate was 125n max was 172.

Round 1 ( repeat )
Squat Press- 10's x a lot!
Slide Back Lunges- 5's x 12, x 12
Front Lunge with a lateral Raise- 5's x 12, x 12

Round 2 ( repeat )
Sumo Squats to upright rows- 12's x 12, x 12
1 Leg Dead Lift- 15# x 12, x 12
Slide side lunges- 10's x 12, x 12

Round 3 ( repeat )
Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 16
Slide Back Warrior Lunge- BW x 12, x 12
BB Dead Lifts- 35# x 14, x 14

Round 4 ( repeat )
Squats- 12's x 20, x 20
Side lunges- 8's x 12, x 12
Leg Ext.- 50# x 14, x 14

Round 5 ( repeat )
Front Squats heels elevated- 15# x 20, x 20
Plie Squats- 15# x 20
Wide Stance Dead Lifts- 15's x 14, x 14

ABS- 3 exercises, 2 rounds

Debbie, your workout today sounds like fun! I happy your hamstring is not any worse than it was after your workout yesterday. I love the rain only because we never get it so this year it is awesome. The real estate market is turning, it is picking up all of a sudden but we might have to lower the price because intrest rates are going up. I feel pretty confident that we will be moved by summer.

Diane Sue, even though your workout was short yesterday it was really good. Did you like that workout? I hope you grand daughter is feeling better, that flu damn near killed me but im old!!!! Kids recover so much faster.

Belinda, killin the workout and getting in a 2 mile walk too! You go girl!

I will check back in later to see if anyone else posts, I gotta run.

Have a nice day. I am going to be sore tomorrow :)

Another quick workout this morning. I had to come home and write everything up in my journal. I went to our monthly ladies game day and we had a valentines game day with snacks and low cost gifts for that each of us brought to the party. It was fun. They usually start at 9 am and leave around 12 or so. This one was hosted a bit of a drive away. I had to sit in the car before I left and pull it up on my GPS. The silly GPS had me going in circles for a bit till I just went my own way. I wasted so much time. It finally got it right near the last turn of my trip. I had to hit a couple of stores for birthday celebrations coming up. So, I am just getting around here. My granddaughter will be back tonight. She is still running a fever and needs to stay out of school longer. I am so tired today for some reason.

Today I did Lite Metabolic Calorie Crush Time saver stopping at the stretch, 17 minutes, 153 calories, met 8.6, 1,648 steps, heart rate average 131, max 167. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 3, 27 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 167. met 7.6, 198 calories, 1,778 steps. Total time was 43 minutes, 351 calories, 3,426 steps.
This was a really good combination. I thought I already had Intervals 3 in my documents but did not find it. I need to look closer and get it on paper. It is step and floor cardio segments targeting the lower body and light upper body (like running triceps kickbacks, rows etc) with 3 to 5# dumbbells followed by 10# similar move for each body part slower. I did not heavy up past Kelly on the 10# but did use 5# instead of the 3 she used. The description says 4 and 10#.

Debbie, that is freaky that it picked up a picture with it that you had deleted. Did you maybe get the workout from one I posted? Sometimes I post them, then I come back and copy and paste them in Word and edit where needed. I do not know why I could not find that one today though. I may have saved it on the computer upstairs instead of down stairs which I have had happen. I have done the one I did today several times. The length has been great for mixing with other workouts. I like that home gym intervals. The only Fitness equipment one that I have not done is the Run with Me one, which she does say you can use any equipment with. I haven't even really looked at it.

Jolie, great workout again today. My grand daughter has been sick six days now! Yes, I liked that metabolic workout. It was much more quick paced and active than the others that I have done. Some different moves as well, which I liked. The calorie crush was a lot of jumping but, on the floor. The other one I have is on the cardio workout which does the calorie crush on the step. I would much rather do the jumping on the floor than on and off the step.

Roselyn, nice work.

Belinda, you are so good at sticking to those programs for so long. I would be bored to death and looking for something else. Nice work.

Posting today's workout, I went really light with the weights because I lifted yesterday. Still had a really good workout.

Home Gym Intervals #2:

4 minute warmup
Lunge/Press:
8# - 30 seconds each side x 2
Squat Thrust/Bicep Curl: 8's - 30 seconds x 2
Lateral Raise/Front Raise: 5's - 30 seconds x 2
Cardio - 2:30 minutes jog on treadmill
Ski Squats: 5's - 30 seconds x 2
Side Lunch/Hammer Curl: 8's - 30 seconds each side x2
Row/Upright Row: 8's 30 seconds x 2
Top Shelf/Bottom Shelf: 8# - 30 seconds each side x2 (these were cool)
Skull Crushers/Sit-Ups: 8# - 1 minute x 2
Lying Leg Touches - 1 minute x 2
Push-Up/Knee-Ins - 30 seconds x 2
Sit-Ups/Touch Opposite Foot - 30 seconds x 2
Plank/Down Dog/Shoulder Push-up - 30 seconds x 2 (last set was a killer)
Cool down

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 234 calories and HR was 128/182. Fun stuff! Love these workouts.

Treadmill walk was 14 minutes, .68 miles, burned 83 calories, went 1658 steps and HR was 105/128. Nothing to write home about, but it was just to finish up my hour of time.

Have a great evening everyone!

Today I got on my treadmill and did a walk/jog/walk thing. Hamstring was really feeling that for some reason. I don't get why some days it's fine and other days I notice it. Maybe I've been overdoing it a bit? I am seriously thinking about getting the Max Trainer, have any of you seen that? It's an elliptical but more along the lines of how Peloton's work. It is really expensive, though, but I thought it might be safer for me to use than running. My knees, hips and hamstrings are not liking it much anymore. I'm really bummed about that, I miss running.

Was on the treadmill for 25 minutes, burned 191 calories, went 1.54 miles and did 3422 steps. HR was 132/178 so good fat burning average there.

Then I did Chill Flow again, which obviously I really needed. The twisting moves are becoming much more easy for me and I'm happy about that. The first time I did this workout I could not do those moves.

I have a slight cough today, I hope it doesn't turn into what I had last year. Yikes!! Can't deal with that again. This up and down with the weather is ridiculous. It was 50 degrees yesterday and today it is 1. WTH?

Belinda - Week 6 already? Wow, where does the time go. Nice job on that and your walk.

Jolie - That leg workout looked fun. It would put me in the hospital at this point. LOL! Nice job, are you sore? I'm sure you'll have no problem selling your house. My DH and I are going to try and refinance ours this weekend. I hope all goes well.

Diane - Your Ladies Game Day sounds like a blast, I wish I had people to do that with. Sorry you got lost, maybe next time use Google maps on your phone. It is extremely accurate, I love it. I actually took my GPS out of my car last weekend and put it in the house. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it always got me lost or wouldn't connect to satellite. That isn't good when you are in the middle of Amish country on some back road and have no clue where to go!!! That was the end of me using my GPS. The workout you did yesterday sounds fun! Nice job with it. I may have gotten the Home Gym workout from you, but it was in my own sheets document so I'm not sure. I will definitely be doing that workout again.

Roselyn - How is school going?

Where is everyone else? Roxie, Doreen, DOZ - where are you girls? Get a postin'! :)

Have a great day everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.