Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

WD

Cathlete
I realized we need to start a new thread for February. I am hoping to get in cardio tomorrow. I am not sure what it will be yet. Kelly is supposed to put up a new Ripped and Ride on her Raw channeL this weekend.

I guess I started the February thread and no one saw it :) Today I did Kelly's Raw Stretch. I spent the afternoon cleaning up leaves in the yard since it got up to 69 degrees today .

Debbie, sorry I am lat getting here. Here is what I have for Live Strong Upper Body Express
40 minutes
uses a step with 3 risers. 5,10,12,15# dumbbells and a 6 foot band. My notes say 2 sets of each exercise. 12 reps each exercise except finishers . I cannot guarantee I have this all correct. I think it is. I
Back
Rows 2 12# dbs or 1 25# 12 reps with knee on the step
pullover 15# dbs 12 reps

Biceps
standing curls alternating 15# dbs
curls band holding 5# dbs
repeat
band t pulls

Chest
bench press 15# dbs
flys 15# dbs
repeat
push up finisher 12, 10, 8 reps

Triceps
standing overhead triceps extension 12# dbs
lying extensions 10# dbs
repeat
band kickbacks

Shoulders
overhead press 15# (I have down 10 and 5# so maybe she held two together)
rear flys 10# dbs
repeat
finisher 5# lateral raise

Core

Belinda, interesting that Cathe has changed the names of some moves. So many instructors have their own names for their exercises that they do. Enjoy the birthday .

Jolie, I hope that you had fun watching the game. Nice job getting in the workout first.

Roxie, Dallas seems like it would be a little better. Nice workout today.

Roselyn, nice workout.

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body Express and had a pretty good workout. I liked this workout and it's only 40 minutes. I would have been much better with three rounds of everything, but I guess that's the reason it's only 40 minutes. Had a great workout.

12 reps each repeated and then a finisher is added

Back
One Arm Row:
25#
Pullover: 25#
Repeat
Finisher: T-Band Pulls

Biceps

Standing Curls: 15's
Alternate Hammer w/Twist: 15's
repeat
Finsher: Band Curls w/5# dumbbells

Chest
Bench Press:
20's
Chest Flies: 20's
repeat
Drop Set Push-ups: 12/10/8 reps

Triceps
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions:
20#
Lying Extensions: 12's
repeat
Finisher: Double Arm Band Kickbacks

Shoulders

Overhead Press: 15's
Rear Flys: 10's
repeat
Finisher: Lateral Raise: 5's

Core

Core work was good but the planks went on forever. I'm not very strong with my plank work, I need to work on that. My waist is VERY tight today, as well as my lower back. There were a lot of cobras and supermans in the yoga work I did yesterday and I think I over-did it. It's almost painful to twist today. :(

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 247 calories and HR was 126/155.

Also walked on my treadmill for .59 miles, burned another 70 calories and did 1455 steps.

Roxie - If you are seeing a difference, don't worry so much about what the scale is showing with body fat. I used to use one of those plastic pincher things, I still have it but never use it anymore. They are pretty accurate. Just keep doing what you're doing. I hope you are eating throughout the day, remember what we said about that.

Diane - Your lunch on Saturday with your daughters sounds like heaven. I love eating by the lake, my DH and I do that as much as possible in the summer. Thank you so much for posting the workout I did today, I figured you might have had it. :) I printed it out before I worked out this morning, that really helps to know what to set up for. I agree about the meditation thing too, I feel like I'm wasting time. I tried to do it a little bit and felt very relaxed after my yoga so that was good. I really am enjoying those workouts.

Belinda - Happy Birthday to your son and I know what you mean about getting old. My step daughter is 34 and I can't believe it. I hope you had a great time with your family.

Jolie - Did you try Vertical Load #2? Or was that the one you have done before? Nice job with the workout. Did your team win?

Roselyn - Nice job with your cardio workout!!

Have great workouts everyone!!! It's 50 degrees here today, we go from negative 25 to 50 in a matter of a week. Crazy!!!

Reactions: WD
Today I wanted to try Kelly's new RIpped and RIde February workout. That was 43 minutes (37 actual) I stayed on the spin bike a bit longer a couple of times and I wrote down the exercises and format. 248 calories, met 7.0, 1,691 steps, heart rate 116 average, 146 max. I then did Lite Pyramid Pump Lower Body scrambled lower. I don't think I will do this one again. It has all of the gliding disc segments strung together in the middle. I noticed that there is no squats in this lower body workout. I almost did the lower body part of the Total Body mix which does no discs. That cuts out a lot of the lower body workout though. It has lower first without the discs and then on to upper. Maybe another time. Lower body was 51 minutes (45 actual) heart rate average 109, 135 max , met 6.5. 259 calories, 1098 steps. Total time was 84 minutes, 507 calories, 2,789 steps.

Coffey FIt Raw Ripped and Ride February Uses 10# dumbbells and a 20# ketlebell and piece of equipment
weight work is timed at 1 minutes for each exercise
cycling was around 4 and a half minutes each time. The last was shorter and I stayed a bit longer
warm up on bike, Kelly does triceps push ups on the handle bars while pedaling and arm rotations
rnd 1 hammer curl both 10 #dbs into 1 arm arnold press, alternate to other arm next hammer curl
squat holding 10# dbs at shoulders knee up twist
kettle bell double arm swing (Kelly says you can do a variety of kettle bell work if you want)
Spin bike
rnd 2
1 DB side to side step while push and pull forward back
1 DB side to side moving db from the hip
single arm throw with 10# db (I was a bit worried about the shoulder with this and was very careful with form)
kettle bell swing
Spin Bike 4.5 minutes
alternating front lunge with double arm row 10# dbs
plie squats set dumbbells on the floor plie pick dumbbells up 10# dbs
kettle bell swings
spin bike 3.5 minutes
to the floor wide bench press 10# dbs hips slightly elevated
alternating wide bench press alternating hips elevated
modified pull over 1 or two 10# dbs hips slightly elevated
1 or 2 dbs skull crusher to sit up

Pyramid Pump Lower Body Scrambled 12,10,8,10,12 reps
Step Ups 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
rear slide lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
elevated lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
side slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10# Db
sliding cross back lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
deadlifts 12,15,20,15,12# dbs
calf raises 10,12,15# dbs 30,25,20,25,30 reps

Debbie, I often feel like I could have done more when I do short workouts. Maybe it is because it doesn't wear me out as much even when I put a lot into it. Nice work and I am glad you caught my post before you did it this morning. I once did a yoga and stayed for the meditation part and it got quiet with just ocean waves for awhile. I fell asleep and the woman scared me half to death when she started talking again LOL I am not sure that that was so calming for me after all. I really don't know that that is really necessary unless you never relax at all. Have you ever tried the relax feature on the Fit Bit? I have done that when I went to bed. It does seem to calm me down a bit instead of my mind racing all over when I just want to fall asleep.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We had a blast yesterday. We stayed over night. Just finished my workout. L4 Week 5 D1 Chest/Triceps 50?50 + 2 mile walk is done.

Diane Sue - thanks for the birthday wishes for my son. Great job today.

Debbie - great job this morning as well. Thanks for the birthday wishes for my son.

I am gong to have to read Jan thread.

I will be back later.

Today was a scheduled rest day for the week, I knew I would be really tired from screaming at the tv all day yesterday! Go Patriots!!!! I am tired today because I couldn't wind down to sleep :) It has been raining here for 3 days so hard like nothing I have seen in a long time. Staying home today and re watching the Super Bowl tonight because I missed part of it because of cooking ect.

Debbie, I did the Vertical Load #1 workout that I did last week. The #2 workout uses a ball instead of a bench so I will have to fore go the ball for some exercises when I try it this week. Some things on the ball just hurt my low back but I know it is great for stability and core work. Great job on the workout this morning, I like that workout too. I like the express workouts when I am short on time but want to get in a workout for the upper body.

Diane Sue, I just went out and got myself a Breville Juicer, Cold Press ! I am so excited. My first drink that I will make tomorrow after I go to Costco for a veggie and fruit haul will be, Spinach, Kale, Cucumber, Celery, Turmeric, Ginger, Apple, lemon and parsley with Cayenne Pepper on the top. I cant wait!!!! Great job on the workout today and way to go on that calorie burn! I made home made chicken soft tacos with cabbage, onions and cilantro, cheese, lime for the Super Bowl and they were awesome and clean eating, all organic.

Belinda, Happy Birthday to your son and I am happy that you all had such a great time together. Great job getting the workout in this morning.

I will be back later to read the other posts.

Have a nice day.

Belinda, you are so good at getting those workouts done. I am not sure I would have after being away overnight. I would have just considered it a day off :)

Jolie, the mixture you plan on for your first juice sounds really good. When we were at the restaurant yesterday they had fish tacos. I was disappointed because they were in flour tortillas. I am not fond of flour tortillas. A good organic corn tortilla is what I will eat on occasion. Particularly Food For Life brand or La Tortilla factory. Chicken tacos sound really good.

Roselyn, nice job getting stacked in. I have heard various reviews on the band workout, but I do not have that one. I know Doreen has done it and I am not sure if Belinda has done it or not as she is using a friend's dvds.

Good morning,

L4 W5 Back/Biceps + 1 mile walk is done. I still have to do SBF (Susanne Bowen)Standing abs.

Diane Sue - no excuse not to get my workout in. I did had more coffee once I came home, maybe that helped. lol. Great job yesterday. I haven't done the band workout yet. My friend wants to workout with me today. Maybe we will do the band workout? We shall see.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Well I ran for the first time since I can't remember when and did Cardio Coach #1. I only did Challenge 1 & 2 because my hamstring and glute was getting tight and I didn't want to push my luck. It felt great to run again. Of course I didn't go as fast as I did before all of this happened, but I will work my way back up to that. I can't believe how well I did and it felt like I never stopped running. So excited! I just hope my hamstring doesn't start feeling it.

I also did the band stretch workout from Stretch Max. Love that one.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 269 calories, did 2.21 miles and went 4480 steps. HR was 145/181.

Diane - I seen Kelly posted the Ripped and Ride workout, it looks like fun. I could probably do that with my treadmill maybe? She has such fun workouts out there, I love them all. Good job with your workouts! Oh I was LMAO when I read what happened with your meditation. LOL!!! OMG, that was so funny. I'm sure that did scare you, especially because you are so relaxed and almost sleeping. Too funny.

Belinda - Nice job yesterday and this morning with LIIFT4! You are rockin' it!! Glad you had fun with your family!

Jolie - Yea, not sure I would want to do the Vertical Load #2 with the ball, I'm not a big fan of working out on the ball with weights. Glad your team won the Superbowl!

Roselyn - Great job with the Stacked workout. That just sounds interesting. Is that one of Cathe's new ones?

Hi to all who come after me. Have great workouts!!!

Lite Body Weights & Bands:

Warm Up
Puddle Jumpers w/loops around the ankle- side to side (22 single, than1 single/single/double = 1/ 12 total
Fire walkers w/loos - 4 steps to the right, 4 steps to the left = 12 times total
Side to Side Sumo Squats w/ posture band pulls - LB loops+ UB w/bands- 2 side/to side/than 4 pivot to the back L+R, 4 side to side, side to side pivot to the back. 4 side to side, 4 pivot to the back, than she does 2 to the side, 2 to the back = 4 times total
Bow and Arrow w/a side Lunges to the back w/bands - 16 reps/switch side
Standing Tricep Overhead Extensions/ w bands- 1.5 count = 4 times total, 4 single, 4 half way, 4 single, 2 half way, than 2 all the way down.
Tricep Press Down - 10 reps/ 7 pulse way/4 slow/7 pulses/ 4 slow/7 pulses, 4 slow/switch to the other side
Front Raise in Tree Pose w/band -4 one arm front raise / 3 pulses= 4 sets - last set she did a tree pose with the 6 pulses/switch side
X Pattern Rear Delt Pulls w/band - 4 L + 4 R/ 7 pulses = 4 sets total - Note: Leslie does those in her walks!!!
Single Leg Deadlift with Rear Triceps Pulses w/Tubing- 3 single deadlift/ 5 rear pulses (triceps) = 1 set/1 sets with a bonus pulses/ switch to other leg
Single Arm Bicep Curls w/ tubing - of the back leg/ both handles in one hand = 16 reps/ step in w/the left leg do 16 pulses, switch sides
Standing single Overhead Press w/ tubing - 16 reps/ switch to the left side
Rear Lunges with Bicep Curls w/tubing - 2 back lunges w bicep curls/ stand up 3 bicep pulses = 4 sets, 8 bonus pulses - switch to the other side!
Upright Rows w/tubing - both feet in the band/ 1.5 count = 4 total, pulse 3/1 at the top, 1.5 count= 4 sets/pulse 3/1 count = 1 sets
Push Ups on your knees - down 3 up 1 = 8 reps/ little break/ 8 on your knees 2:2 count/ rest/ down 1 up 3 = 8 reps
Double Arm Rows sitting w/bands- criss cross the bands - 8 reps/ 32 pulse/ 8 rows/ 16 pulses
L Position Pulses w/loops - 32 pulses w/a hold 16 count hold - switch to the other side
Hip Dips with Leg Press / Inner Thigh Press w/ loop - hip dip w/ a leg press (bent knee w/a side plank) = 12 reps, change opposite leg and do inner thigh leg lifts = 32 reps/ switch position and do the other side.
Glute Squeezes w/band across your hip bone - 8 reps/ 8 high pulses, 16 pulses w/a leg lift, 8 reps/8 high pulses/ 16 pulses with the other leg, 4 slow, 8 high pulse
Stretch

I also did the Lite Pyramid Bonus Tricpes. Will post it later. running out of time.

Last edited:
Lite Pyramid Bonus Tricpes

Those are the weights Cathe used. I matcher her on all the weights. My triceps are fried.

Superset 1:
Standing Kick Backs - 5's/ 12 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 5's/ 12 reps

Superset 2:
Standing Kick Backs - 8's/ 10 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 8's / 10 reps

Superset 3:
Standing Kick Backs - 10's / 8 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 10's/ 8 reps

Superset 4:
Standing Kick Backs - 8's/ 10 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 8's / 10 reps

Superset 5:
Standing Kick Backs - 5's / 12 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 5's/ 12 reps

Review on the Lite Body Weights & Bands. I liked it. It's better than her other band workout which I never use even when I travel.Is it a must in my collection...NO! If I travel I don't want to schlepp around, tubing, bands and loops. I also used my tubing for a lot of exercises instead of the bands. For the bands press down, I used my loop instead. My Cathe green bands are tough as nails :) I don't think they ever gonna give in.

Last edited:
Let me start out by saying I am very nauseous because I started using Efudex yesterday on my forehead to fight off pre cancer cells. This is a topic form of chemotherapy and it is making me very fatigued, nauseous and I have a headache. I did it last year and I don't remember feeling this bad. I am not sure if I will get used to it or I might have to stop using it. I just used the smallest amount and I already see it working.

Today I chose a kick butt workout and I was not aware it was going to be this tuff. I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets. Wow! A lot of ab and leg work with upper body mixed in. I had to modify a few exercises because I wanted to lift heavier and do lower reps with no pulses. I am dead. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes because I wrote the workout down as I went for you all, and I burned 543 calories. I stuck in extra leg ext. and KB swings at the end :) Average heart rate was 122 and max was 163.

Seated Overhead Press- 17's x 12, x 12, x 8
Rear Delt Flies- 12's x 12, x 12, x 8
Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 12, x 8
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12, x 8

Slide Side Lunges- 10# x 12, x 12
Squats- 15's x 12, x 12
Deadlifts BB- 40# x 12, x 12
Slide Back Lunges- 10's x 12, x 12

1 Arm Rows- 25's x 12, x 12 I modified this giant set
Bicycles- x 30, x 30
Alt. Leg Raises- x 24
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12

BB Bicep Curls- 25# x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 12, x 12
Lateral Raise- 8's x 16, x 16
Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 12

Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 16 I modified this Giant Set
Wide Stance Deadlifts BB- 40# x 12, x 12
Side To Side Lunges- 5's x 24 Alternating
Plie Squats, no pulses- 15# x 12, x 12

Bicycles- x 30 x 30
Alt. Leg Raises- x 24, x 24
Diagonal Raises- x 24, x 24
crunches x 30, x 30

Leg ext.- 50# x 12, x 12
KBell Swings 50# x 16, x 16

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be doing this one again for sure :)

Debbie, I am so excited that you got to run today! You are going to be walking around with a smile on your face today, hopefully your hamstring and glute wont be hurting later. I have been following a girl on instagram that is going through the same thing, she has completely rested it for 8 weeks and she still feels the same way. I know she is very frustrated like you are over the issue. If it was a tear you really need to rest it for 12 weeks. :(

Belinda, great job on the workout today! I typically dont like bands for some reason they hurt my shoulders. I am glad that you tried it anyway just for the feedback;)

I will check out the other posts later in the day. I hope you all have great workouts like I did!

Still raining here it is just crazy!

Today I did Lite Cardio Party, 40 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, 3,752 steps, heart rate average 138, max 173, and wore 1# gloves. I then did Lite Pyramid Pump Upper body rearranging the order of the exercises to see how more shoulders would handle it, starting with arms. I did okay but lowered on some of the chest and the shoulders. Generally I go a bit higher than Cathe on all of it. This was 45 minutes, heart rate 103 average, 130 max, met 6.0, 239 calories, 826 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, calories burned 522, steps 4578. I will work abs tomorrow since I have run out of time.
Pyramid Upper weights 8,10,12,10,8 reps for all
back pullover 10,12,15,12,10# dbs superset with standing single arm back fly 8,10,12,10,8 # db
chest fly on ball 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs superset with incline press on the ball 10,12,12,10,10# dbs
standing triceps kickback 8,10,12,10,8# dbs super set with lying extensions on ball 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
biceps sweeper curls 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs superset with incline curls on the ball 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
shoulders overhead press 8,10,12,10,8# dbs superset with incline front raise on the ball 3,5,8,5,3# dbs

I will be back in awhile to respond to your posts.

Debbie, nice job today on the steps and getting back to the treadmill workouts. Ripped and Ride is like the Home Gym Intervals. They just seem to have a bit longer amount of time on the cardio equipment. I am sure that you could do it with your treadmill. Kelly says you can use any piece of equipment, a rebounder or just jog in place and do floor cardio of choice. The one thing I do not like about a spin bike is the lower step count I get out of it. Somehow pedaling equals less steps. It does not help when I use the spinning setting on my Fit Bit. Trying to calculate calories through Cathe's workout manager and met levels with my weight for a spin bike is a bit difficult. I figured yesterday as moderate spinning. Although I felt I was working hard. I think I came close enough though. I like doing those workouts on the Tread Climber. It just takes adjustments for me as I have not checked to see if I can get the VHX channel set up on the tv in the bedroom. My husband watches Netflix and Directv Now, so I am sure I can get it through the Roku in there. I just have not done it. Either that or I use my laptop or tablet. I would have to drag weights downstairs because the dumbbells downstairs are 20 # pair and 40# pair that my husband uses along with a barbell and weight bench. It is just easier to use the spin bike :) Maybe if you keep using heat and stretching as you work back into things and keep it up, the problem will subside.
LOL it is pretty scary when you fall asleep in a completely quiet house alone and someone starts talking. The lady wasn't even that quiet when she started talking.

Belinda, I am still trying to decide which of the Lite series that I want to get next. Maybe Metabolic. I really think I would be dissatisfied if I did not get both of the stacked workouts at the same time. Then there is PHA. I don't know exactly how I feel about it. I would have to look at the premixes. It seems like on the Strong and Sweaty one, I split the upper and lower with premixes quite a bit. That or did longer premixes. The Pyramid Pump can get tough after 5 sets, but, they are only 7 minutes long other than back that is 10 minutes for each body part. I kind of feel like I am not working the body parts well enough. Particularly if I only do one body part. I was going to split it today , but felt I wasn't working hard enough.
Body weight and bands would probably be the last of the workouts if I were to purchase it. It does sound better, by reviews than some of the others.

Jolie, is that something that your doctor prescribed? Maybe you need an alternative. Have you had problems with pre-cancers? I am not sure if I have done that workout or not. There were a couple that I did that were pretty tough that sort of cause a dread when I looked at them going through the menu again :) They were seriously tough. That does look like a good workout. And you added to it at the end. At first I looked and was thinking I do not remember Cathe ever using a kettlebell or leg extensions like that :)

I was looking at the PHA and Metabolic workouts. They sure are short. If Metabolic didn't have the calorie crush it would be really short. No calorie crush with PHA 2? I guess that is how I see it. I looked at the moves in the bonus abs 2 and it sounds like abs 1 is better to me. Trying to decide which one I want. I just put some money from my check out 51 rebates back for one dvd.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.