Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2018

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw stretch before we went to church and then helped my daughter with some more moving.

Roselyn, the wedding is coming up quickly. I bet it is some relief getting some of the events behind you.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Weight Tabata that Kelly just put up. I liked it :) Workout was 43 minutes and calories burned 276, heart rate 111 average, 155 max, 1,102 steps. This is all for today. I am going to be staining new doors at our church gym.
Cardio Weight Tabata 43 minutes, each exercise & cardio is 4 rounds 20 work 10 rest I used 35# barbell, they use 33# barbell and 15# dumbbells as the other option. They switched back and forth with each other.
high pull / squat kick 4 rnds 35#barbell
clean from hip/skate 2 scissor 3 4 rnds 35# barbell
push press/shuffle 4 jack 2 4 rnds 35# barbell for 3 rnds 15# dbs 1 rnd
hang clean & squat/monkey crawl 35# barbell 4 rnds
deadlift curl/knee slap 3 times punch 35# barbell 4 rnds
Mat for final segments on the floor at 24 minutes
down dog pike 2 rnds push up pike 2 rnds/prone superman with arms reach and pull 4 rnds
sit ups/ bridges/ reverse crunch
stretch

This morning I did STS Meso 1, Disc 10, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Glad this is the last week of Meso 1, getting tired of it. This was a tough workout and my shoulders were burning by the end. After the first 82 push-ups I stopped doing them. For one set I did flat dumbbell presses doing 21's and the last set of push-ups I skipped altogether. I did the rest of the workout and had a great workout. I was wiped out for some reason, it took all I had to get through it.

Workout was 58 minutes, burned 364 calories. HR was 122/155.

Diane Sue - Can you send me the Mexican Zucchini Skillet recipe? I am in zucchini mode lately and that just sounds great. I've been making zucchini noodles and doing different things with them. Love zucchini!!!

Jolie - I couldn't sleep 10.5 hours if anyone let me sleep that long, I just can't sleep that long unless I'm sick. Your body must have really needed the sleep! I generally get 7 hours a night and that is all I need. When I get too much, I'm tired all day long.

Roselyn - How did the couples shower go? That was this past weekend, right?

DOZ - Where are you? Hope you had a great weekend! It is so HOT here!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Hey Everyone :)

Today’s workout, last workout of Meso 2 Back & Biceps. And went for a relaxing walk about 1.5 hours. So far I’ve lost 24 lbs, was 26, but I picked up 2 lbs, hanging out with my GK, who love to eat lol I’m back on track.

Not sure what workout, I’m going to do; next4weeks, maybe Xtrain, STS or just do my own thing, duh....it’s all good what ever I decide to do.

Debbie- still here, GKand dogs lol left yesterday, need a break.:rolleyes: Nice work. I know what you mean, you do get tired after 4weeks STS, but.....I love the challenge. For some reason, I really do want to finish up the last cycle, sometimes so long and drawn-out lol

I got this off Pinterest. It is low carb. When I make it for family I set out grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and avocado. I usually top with avocado and sometimes some cilantro if I have it. It is so easy and tastes yummy. I freeze leftovers for more meal. You can chop or spiralize the zucchini. I have done it both ways. I am loving my spiralizing attachment I got for my Kitchenaid mixer.
Beef Mexican Zucchini Skillet
INGREDIENTS 2 medium zucchini
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 cloves garlic
10 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis (can use salsa)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. 2. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned. 3. Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes. 4. Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
274 calories, 5.3 carbs, 8.3 fat, 24.7 protein, cholesterol 65.0, sodium 532.7 , 198.9, sugars 2.9

This week I am going to do one body part per day and add some legs and abs in as well. I want a change so I am going to try this for at least the week. Today I did shoulders. Each exercise 3 sets, x 12 reps each set. 1 minute rest between sets. My Left shoulder is still aching, I think I need it adjusted again.

Seated Overhead Press- 20,s x 12, x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier )
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier )
Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier )
Alt. Front Raise - 8's x 12 ( stopped after first set hurts my shoulder )
Stiff Leg Deadlifts- BB 40# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier )
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 20, x 20 ( If i go heavier my knees ache so I do higher reps)

Workout was 36 minuutes and I burned 268 calories, includeds warmup from STS.

Roselyn, I hope your daughter had a great shower this weekend. I am sure you looked lovely!

I hope you all have great workouts today. I will check back in later to read your post.

Hot as hell here today and will be all week! Too hot for cardio!!!

Diane Sue, that recipe looks great, thanks for sharing!

DOZ, great job on the STS workout and walk today! I have gained weight going through Menopause this year and am struggling to get it back off again. School starts next week so hopefully when i get back on my schedule I can get some better workouts in and stop eating the crap foods with my boys!!!!

I spent 5 hours in a terribly hot upper level of a gym staining doors. No fans or air. Sweat was pouring. It felt good to come home and hike up the air, turn on fans, and get a nice cold kombucha tea.

Debbie, nice workout this morning. With that recipe the macros are with 93% lean ground beef. I also meant to mention sometimes I make some rice for other family members on the side. I don't eat grains so it is not for myself though. The recipe does not have the extras added.

Jolie, one body part per day should be a nice change for a bit. I am sure when you don't have so many interruptions to your days it will be easier to plan and get into your usual routines. I think we all get those days where our eating is thrown off. I have a triple birthday celebration at my house coming up later this month and one is mine. I am sure eating is not going to be good. Then the colonoscopy on my birthday which is going to entail special eating the two days before. Stuff that I would not eat normally. The meal prep pack they sent me has oreos and chips ahoy cookies in it. I don't even like those things. Also an alfredo pasta. It is all low fiber foods. Along with the drink prep. Yuck. I don't want to do this at all.

Doz, having grandchildren around does sometimes throw things off. If I didn't have family around I would probably not make cookies and buy some of the things I have in the house. I was mad at myself yesterday as I have been working hard to keep my diet more of an auto immune protocol trying to lick this RA. It was hot and we had been moving my daughter for the second day in a row. She wanted to take the children for ice cream and I ended up getting a heath mix from Braums. I haven't had one of those in years. I don't know what came over me. I know that stuff causes pain and inflammation which is a lot of the problem. So, back to normal today.

Roselyn, I am glad that the shower was fun. I think that my granddaughter had two showers. One at a tea room and one that her mother in law wanted to put on. I only went to the tea room which was really fun and quite nice.

Today I did Cardio Coach 5 and had an excellent workout. Haven't done this one in a while. I used to have a dread factor with this workout but not much anymore. The challenges are really tough but I really enjoy them.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.8 miles, burned 492 calories and went 7719 steps. HR was 144/190.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the recipe, that looks really good!! Not bad with the calories either. Nice going with your workout! Next week is a recovery week from STS and I plan on doing some Kelly. Maybe the Step Boxing one or a Kickboxing workout. I see she has some new ones posted on RAW. I am also planning on doing her RAW Stretch workout too.

Jolie - I love working one body part a day, that always gave me really good results. Have fun with it and nice job yesterday!

DOZ - You are so busy all the time, I don't know how you do it. Great job keeping up with your workouts!!!

Roselyn - Glad the shower went well.

Today I did Cathe Live Step Groves Timesaver, 35 minutes, heart rate average 148, met 6.3, max 175, 243 calories, 3,345 steps. My Fit Bit gave higher numbers than map my fitness today. I then did Cathe Live Low Impact Conditioning Express, 38 minutes, 246 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 121, max 177, 1,436 steps.
Total time was 73 minutes, 489 calories. I have to run errands and do catch up after having three days of other things to do.
Low Impact Conditioning was a nice variety of cardio moves incorporating gliding discs for moves, 5,8,10,12# dumbbells. All of the moves kept you moving. I think that I will try a kickboxing workout tomorrow. I was wondering how the older 2014 Hard Strikes Low Impact is.

Debbie, I am sure that you will like that recipe and it is so easy to do. I chop up extra zucchini and freeze it recipes when I buy plenty and it works perfectly for this. I freeze it raw. I don't even blanch it lie I do some things. That just makes it even quicker :) I have really enjoyed the variety of Kelly's raw workouts. I have several that I have not tried yet. I really liked the new cardio tabata workout. I think I may have liked the all weight tabata better though, but then they are two different types of workouts.

Today I started with a 30 minute walk on the treadmill, 6.0 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 1.63 miles and burned 303 calories. The incline really helps with burning major calories! Next, I did biceps, a round of squats and abs. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and I burned 480 calories. My biceps are "talking to me"! I had a 1 minute rest between sets.

Traditional Curls- 17's x 12, x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 17's x 12, x 12, x 12
W Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12

Squats- 15's x 16, x 16, x 16
ABS- 3 different exercises to failure!

Hot here again today!!! Yuck!

Debbie, good job on the running this morning! You are in such good shape that is why there isn't a dread factor anymore, it is easier for you to do so you don't mind as much!!! hehehhe…

Diane Sue, Man that sounds like a hot day yesterday!!! You are so lucky to come home and put the air on, I know so many people that don't have it and they are dying. Great job on the workout today and nice calorie burn. I made a frittata yesterday with onions, cilantro, peppers, a little cheese, eggs and spinach. I have fresh sliced avocado and tomatoes to put on the top. I cant wait to have it for breakfast this morning.

Roselyn and DOZ, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Have a nice cool day!

Evening all,

Today’s workout was really awesome. Started with a slow steady 40 minute run, then I did Legs & Glutes (standing) then decided I wanted to walk to Giant Eagles, took 1 hour 15 minutes.

I decided I’m going to finish up the last 4 weeks of STS, going to add XTrain 100 workout challenge, for additional challenge.

Nice work everyone,

Debbie with 17 GK I STAAAAY busy, lol. Well guys ttyt have a wonderful evening :)l

Jolie, nice workout today. The frittata sounds yummy. Walking with an incline does burn quite a few calories. The Tread Climber burns quite a few calories even though the max speed is 4.5 mph. It is tough going that fast and keeping up with the two treadles. I usually have to hold onto the handlebar with at least 1 hand.

Doz, adding the 100 rep challenges would really push that final month of STS to a tough level. A good finisher :)

Today I did Meso 1, Disc 11, Back & Triceps. Had a great workout and went up in weight. I really felt the back work today. Looking forward to Meso 2, though, really sick of these high rep workouts. Legs on Friday and then my recovery week is next week. I really don't feel the need to have a recovery week, but a break from STS is a nice thought. :)

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 375 calories and HR was 124/155.

Diane Sue - Doesn't zucchini get mushy after you freeze it? Nice job with your workout!!

Jolie - It is hot in my office, probably like 85 degrees and humid. I have no A/C in here and it sucks. Nice job on that bicep workout, I sort of wish I was following you on it. Looks fun!!!

DOZ - 17 grandkids! Holy smokes!!! Nice workout girlfriend!! You rocked it!!

I woke up with the worst pounding headache today!!! So, no cardio at all but I did manage to do Chest and Triceps. Every time I laid back on my bench my head just pounded. Workout was 46 minutes, 3 sets per exercise with 12 reps. My left shoulder is still hurting, I wonder if I have a small tear? It never hurts bad where I cant do an exercise, it just hurts or aches, especially doing front raises. I burned 245 calories. I have to say, my Biceps are so sore today it is awesome!

STS Warm
Chest Press- 25's x 12, x 12, x 12
Chest Flies- 17's x 12, x 12, x 12
Incline Chest Press- 22's x 12, x 12, x 12
Incline Flies- 17's x 12, x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press-17's x 12, x12, x 12 ( could go heavier but it hurts alittle)
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Kickbacks- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 12, x 12, x 12

Debbie, way to go on finishing STS Meso 1, those are hard workouts, they move so fast and there are so many pushups. I havent done those in a long time. I always do Meso 2 or Meso 3. I want to start lifing heavier for fall but I have to figure out what is wrong with my shoulder first. I am going to introduce different exercises that I havent done in the past, I need to shock my muscles. I gained 10 pounds over the last year and need to get it off. I got my Adrenals tested and they have crashed from all of the stress I have been under. I ordered vitamins that support the Adrenals so I hope they work. Things are starting to get better around here so I feel good about the future! I feel bad that your office is so hot!!!!!!!!!! I hope when you go home you can cool off!

Diane Sue- Today I am going to make avacado toast with sliced tomatoes, red onion, begal seasoning and chicken salad on the side. I will check back in later to read your post. Sorry that you have to go through all of that stuff for your colonoscopy. I just do the at home test for now even though I am 52 years young. I love that there is so many things you can do for your health in the privacy of your own home!

DOZ, nice workout again girl!!!!! That is one tough leg workout!

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

Have a wonderful day!

9 minutes ago
Today I did Cathe Live Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing, 61 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 164, 4,561 steps, met 5.9, 391 calories. I don't know who has done this since it is an older one, but she only does kicks once in the workout, most work is boxing with some lower to keep the heart rate up, then heavy bag at 30 minutes, and at 38 minutes some strength work and then abs. She uses 10# dumbbells for some of this. Too much overhead stuff for me since I just used weights yesterday and some the day before. I put down the 10's in one part and picked up 8 and one I just put down the weights and did speed skaters till they were done. More push ups. I am tired of push ups. I like it, but next time I will skip the strength stuff. I wanted to do weights tomorrow. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves, (all with the stability ball), 24 minutes, met 3.5, heart rate 99 average, 123 max, 224 steps, 93 calories. Total workout time was 85 minutes, 484 calories.

Jolie, maybe your headache has something to do with your shoulder? It is hard to do a lot of jumping around with a bad headache. Maybe you need to just find some lighter things that are fun so you can get your body back to how it should be. I keep reading that Hiit and long workouts are bad for cortisol levels when the body is already stressed and for auto immune diseases. I have upped a lot of my immune defense supplements and changing the diet some for more anti inflammatory help. I got away with those at home tests till the first time I had all of those lymph node problems 10 years ago and the doctor made me get a colonoscopy. I tried to hedge on it this time. You are young yet. I turn 66 this month! Yikes!!

Afternoon Everyone :)

Today’s workout, started with Meso 3 Chest & Back, then I did the 100 rep challenge biceps and triceps; I used 8 and 5 lbs dumbbells, and got a good burn. Afterward, walked to GNC took me an hour.

I’m really looking forward to the next 4 weeks of MESO 3, using Xtrain really brought life to this challenge.

Nice work everyone, I’m headed out to pick up my grandkids and Bear (puppy) they want to come back over, toplaywith their friends. I know right lol

Enjoy your day all

We lost my 32 year old cousin today to a drug overdose he was brought to the hospital comatose sunday and declared brain dead yesterday and his parents took hin off life support today. so sad they struggled for years with him , several rehabs, letting him stay at home, tough love he just could not stop so send a prayer their way

so today i did gym style chest and triceps, yesterday was cardio core live really like this one

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.