Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

I went and walked DD's dog a few times today. I also did SBF D31 Quick Total stretch and hip opener. I am beat today.

Jolie - great job on your walk today. Thanks about the info on vitamin B.

Roselyn - great job on CL today.

Doreen - great job as well.

Diane - have fun with your workout today.

This morning I did CDorner Cardio Party Kickboxing and Dance cardio mash up, 31 minutes, heart rate 140/173. 184 calories, 3,855 steps. This was fun, but I had to split it for zoom class. I then did CDorner newest stretch//flexibility mobility workout 28 minutes, heart rate 88/110, 58 calories 71 steps. I finished off with Coffey FIt Raw Get Up and Move doing it two times which was 9 minutes, 48 calories, heart rate 134/157, 988 steps. This is meant mainly for people that have been sitting and need to get in some movement. I find it fun and wanted a bit more activity after breaking up the Cardio Party workout. Total time was 68 minutes, 290 calories, 4,914 steps.
CDorner Kickboxing & Dance was a mix of easy dance moves blended with some boxing moves. Not too heavy on boxing. It was quite fun and to me not hard to follow.
I had to get done so we could make a store run. Cleaned good last night and my dog decided she really likes the yard now and went out and apparently rolled in the grass and came back in the house. Grass everywhere :rolleyes:
I will be back in a bit. Got to go fix something for my husband to eat.

It was cold last night in the 30's, but fortunately no snow. Today the sun is out. Kelly did another get up and move workout on her facebook page recently. Her family looks like a lot of fun. I saw a video of her family each coming out one at a time dancing and having fun together on her own facebook page. I am not using my page anymore and thought I was gone, but I could still look at some things. I just hate wasting my time on facebook with all of their cancelling people and bias. I am sick of those big tech people's manipulation.

Debbie, that is what happened here with that last bad snow and ice storm. I am taking care of my hydrangea hoping it will come back. I don't think it is dead as it still has bend to the stems and they come back up from the bottom a little later than some plants. I had covered it during the earlier freezes, but that last one lasted so long and I never got it covered. I sort of hoped the dryer steam would help it. It was always fine for my patio potted plants in the past. Chris is a great instructor. My shoulder is better today, but when I went to Walmart I bought a smaller pack of bottled water because I was afraid of picking one of those gigantic Aquafina packs that I normally buy. They were on the bottom shelf and it looked like work to pull up and out of where it was located. I really think the crawly thing is a nerve that runs up my shoulder and the left side of my neck. I can adjust shoulder and neck position and it lets up for a bit. I know what you meant. At the start I was a bit surprised as I expected Kelly to use much lighter weights. Holding the dumbbell stationary did help me not use my shoulder and neck. I normally will go as heavy as 15#, but with this I did not want too. Biceps where I really had to concentrate to not let my shoulders come into play. When I tried that with both arms simultaneously for another workout I had to drop to 10#.

Doreen, that is one of the better metabolic workouts. I like that one. Nice workout.

Belinda,I use those freshworks containers for my berries and kale after I clean them. It helps them hold up longer. The funny thing is, I still have Tupperware celery keeper that I purchased before we got married 48 years ago. It has the thing in the bottom to hold the food away from moisture. I use it a lot for when I cut up watermelon in chunks. Nice job getting out for a walk and doing your workout today while at your daughter's.

Jolie, the other variety of niacin does not do that. I had a doctor recommend it years ago for cold feet. It does give that prickly feeling all over. Different that what I am experiencing with the crawly thing. This is more like movement up and down a nerve and it also brings a distinct discomfort that is kind of painful and makes me want to move to try not to experience it. Hard to explain.

This morning I walked on my treadmill and worked up a pretty good sweat. Felt good!!! Then I did CDorner's 30 Minute Neck & Back Stretch for Tight Muscles and LOVED it. She is seriously the queen of mobility workouts. I felt excellent after this workout and I am starting to feel almost normal again. My tricep hurts minimally today and yesterday I didn't even notice it. So I guess that is a good sign.

Treadmill workout was 26 minutes, burned 155 calories, went 1.36 miles, did 3037 steps and HR was 112/145. I don't really think I hit 145, not sure it read that.

Belinda - I will check that out, I haven't visted that site since finding Hungry Vegan Mama so I need to revisit and see what's new out there with recipes, etc. You are lucky you have restaurants that specialize in vegan foods, we have none of that out here that I know of. I'm not much for going out to eat, but if we had a place like that, I'd definitely go there.

Jolie - LOL! The thought of eating a steak for me just makes me want to gag. Not a fan, that's for sure. It's all I can do to eat chicken now after going mostly vegan. My brother in laws worship the meat gods and eat these really thick steaks that are hardly cooked at all. OMG, it's all I can do to not puke when I see them eat it. Then they break out with "meat sweats". Any food that gives you sweats is just wrong in my book. LOL!! Not judging you at all, Jolie, I know you eat well. I'm talking about people who gorge on that kind of meat. Great job on your treadmill, glad you can walk on it again!!

Diane - I was eyeing that dance and kickboxing mix from Chris, I may try that one tomorrow. I'm not much for dancing but this might be fun. Isn't it funny how almost every exercise brings into play the shoulders and neck? Even leg exercises because you have to hold onto the weights. Today while doing that mobility workout I realized I was able to do cat and cow without my left arm huring from holding me up. Good sign, hope it stays that way.

Great job with workouts everyone!! Have a great one today as weel!

Reactions: WD
Hi,

SBF D32 Cardio Interval Barre Strength + Thin Thighs Fast is done. I have a eye appointment today. Not sure if I get anything else in today. I am beat this week. I probably will go for a walk later.

Debbie - I checked today, you can do half portion on FOK too. The recipes on the planner are different than on the site. They do offer 2 weeks and a month free trial (premium membership). So far, I really like everything I made. They just sent me the plan for next week. If you don't like a recipe you can swap it out. I live in WV. We are close to the Tri-state of Washington DC, Virgina, Maryland. We are also close very close to PA. Lots of options! We live in a small town but we have 1 vegan restaurant more American flair, there is another one open up in May it's a Mexican vegan restaurant. I am excited about the Mexican vegan restaurant open up soon.

On nutrition and meal planning, I have a site bookmarked called mealpreponfleek.com It looks like a good program for recipes and planning. You choose your diet type and goals etc.. There is a macro calculator as well. I bookmarked it when I was getting things done for the move thinking I would check it out when things settled down.
I am going to do my workout late today as I hurried my grandson to get his work done for the day so he could go to lunch at McDonalds with his dad. His Dad promised him this. I started twice and only got through the warm up and a bit of the workout of Chris'. I may change my plan a bit when I get started.

Debbie, you crack me up about the meat!!! I really only have thin slices and it is very flat steak and I never eat more than a 1/2 cup if that when I have it. My sons and husband eat their steaks like that, really raw and I can barely sit at the table while they eat their meals LOL! My son in football has to eat a lot of meat to stay at 260 pounds and they want him to now weight 270. He can eat 2 pounds of steak in one sitting no problem!!! Yuck, I know.

Today I had an excellent workout, STS Meso 1 Disc #2 Back and Triceps. My band broke at the beginning of the workout, again, so I rowed instead when Cathe used the band for Back or I used a DB for Triceps if she was using the band. I have to say, this weight program is hands down my favorite workout by any trainer at any time that i have been working out. It just suits me, no wonder why I did it for years and years. I was in the best shape of my life too and I had minimal injuries. STS is on of her slowest workouts besides the workout Slow and Heavy from years ago. The workout was 1 hour and I burned 356 calories. Heart rate was 114/165. The rowing really gets my heart rate up in between lifting.

Debbie, nice walk today on the TM and I am glad the stretching is helping you with your pain. My left elbow and wrist are still hurting but I think it is Arthritis and Tendonitis. My left elbow always cracks when I do triceps exercise, it always has so i suppose it is Arthritis. I need to up my Collagen along with MSM.

Belinda, nice job walking the dog a few times yesterday! That thin thighs workout sounds awesome, all I ever wanted is thin thighs, I have more like tree trunks :) My calves are thinner but my thighs have always been muscular from riding horses.

Diane, wow your days sound just crazy busy lately. Nice workout yesterday. I hate watching the news or even going on social media anymore because I cant stand how people are in to the cancel culture, and the Democratic Bullshit! I am sick of it all, I look forward to our next election and hopefully people will be so sick of this crap they vote in a republican. Where the hell is the Vice President, she does NOTHING!!!

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Thursday everyone. It is cool and cloudy today, I want the sun to come back again so the weather warms up!

I finally got in a workout this afternoon. I wanted to do cardio and then weights for lower body, but just did cardio. Just was feeling rather drained by the time I got to the workout. I did a CDorner step workout that is one in front of the fireplace. She says something about them putting down the flooring in the basement. This was workout #50, Fun & Sweaty step aerobics. 58 minutes, heart rate 129/160. I forgot to check the steps pre-workout so when I was done it was 6,820 steps. This was fun and had some good music which kept me going. I did have one spot that I kept missing footing on. I would get it one time and miss the next. Mainly trying to not fall off the step trying to do a quick turn from one side across and off the step. Maybe tomorrow I will get lower body in. I watched the moves she does on the newer Killer Leg Day. She says 13 moves 45 seconds each then repeated and no lying down on the floor moves.

Debbie, I really do like Chris' stretch and mobility workouts. They really do help a lot. That is great that you are doing so much better and were able to do cat cow without feeling it. I eat some beef here and there. Toc me beef strips make a much better stir fry taste wise than chicken. I sometimes use ground turkey breast as long as it is spiced up. I am not a fan of turkey. Chicken dishes here and there, but mainly in soups or salads. I am very picky about the source and taste though. Beef is generally pasture grassfed lean. But, mostly protein comes from protein powder, nuts, and dairy free yogurt. I eat a little dairy yogurt evenings for calcium. Beans do not digest well for me and it is hard to get complete protein in a meal with vegan diets. I remember someone from our check in years ago whose told her more than once that she needed more protein. She had so many health problems and her doctor told her that is why healing was not going well but she insisted on no meat. I think her diet was pretty carb heavy. If you can really work it right it works though. There is good and bad with both types of diets. When I did the vegetarian type diet, I really liked the garbanzo burgers I made from Karma Chow cookbook. I just lost too much weight and it did not work for me. I seemed to lose a lot of muscle. Not trying to discourage. Just saying why I still eat meat. Weird that steak would give someone sweats. I mainly by steaks for my husband, but we like our meat cooked done. Yuck! I think you might like that dance workout of CDorners. I usually do not like dance workouts. Never liked Zumba all that much. I gave away my dvds and somehow they came back to me. I think I got rid of them again.

Belinda, I have so many appointments scheduled for next month. I moved my eye appointment to next month hoping to have my husband go with me as I do not want to dry the distance back home after having my eyes dilated. I go twice a year as part of my taking my arthritis medicine. He splits the visits so one is the field vision. The arthritis center did not dialate my eyes when I got the exams there. I started seeing a doctor that is an eye surgeon. I think he does a better job. Getting appointments done when doing school has been difficult and now they are much further away.

Jolie, you and Debbie are funny about people eating steaks. 2 pounds of steak is crazy. Plus the expense puts me off. I buy from Whole Foods mainly for my husband and will buy enough of a good steak to trim off some for me a stir fry. It never bothers me with others eating it, although my husband eats a normal portion, not huge amounts. Like a pepper stir fry that I may throw on top of cauliflower rice with some avocado and salsa. I love vegetables. If someone else would cook for me I would eat better. By the time I make for everyone else, I sit down to protein powder or a sandwich on seed bread with chipotle mayo from Primal Kitchen. Our vice president would not be any help. She is probably just as bad if not worse. I can't stand the circle back lady either. I don't even have to turn around to look at the tv when she starts talking, to know who is speaking. This is going to be a long 4 years and miserable the way it is going. Lots of damage being done.

This morning I did CDorners 30 Minute Cardio Mash Kickboxing and Dance Workout. Eh, it was ok. I'm rythmically challenged when it comes to dancing so I had a hard time moving like Chris does. Music sucked except for a Taylor Swift song, the rest were too rappy for me. I had a hard time hearing Chris over the music, too, it didn't sound like her mic was on. But I did sweat pretty good and my HR got up there. It was fairly fun for me, I liked the KB sections. Just wish there was different music on it.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 222 calories, did 3393 steps and HR was128/161.

Didn't have time for anything else, I'm already at work and it's only 7:30. I have a training class I'm hosting today so wanted to get in and get my bearings together.

Belinda - I plan on looking over FOK this weekend, thank you for the information. Good to know you can do half portions, that helps a lot.

Jolie - Wow on your son eating so much meat, I could not do that. I get he needs protein, but he should be careful eating all that as well, it is not good for the arteries or heart if you consume too much. Great job with STS again today, I never really cared much for the 1st part of it, I always liked the 2nd and 3rd section of it, the heavier lifting ones.

Diane - I eat meat here and there too, but not much at all anymore. It just doesn't appeal to me. I don't remember who you are talking about from our check in and not eating any meat? Hmmm... Good job getting a workout in yesterday! I laugh when I see Chris workout in front of that stove, she must be sweating like crazy!!

Waving to Roxie, Roselyn and Doreen!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I did KCM Cardio Pump- Legs premix this morning. I wasn't really sure what workout to do - nothing really appeals to me these days but this was a good choice. Thinking of subscribing to Raw again to try some of her new stuff.

Good morning,

Walk and SBF D33 UB 9 + UB Band is done.

Debbie - they do have a FOK recipe app One-time purchase of $4.99. They add new recipes frequently. I have that one too.

I will catch up on personals later.

Last edited:
Today is my rest day. Tomorrow is a total body workout, I am not sure which one to do, maybe an Yvette Bachman, I love those workouts!

Debbie, What time do you get up in the morning? When I was working away from the house, I had to be to work by 7am, so I got up at 4 am so I had enough time to workout before going to work. That was brutal but it was the only way I could fit a workout into my schedule. Good job on the workout today, I am rhythmically challenged myself when it comes to the step so the workouts you do are too difficult for me to do.

Belinda, are you back from DC? Nice workout today! How is your diet going, mine is slow and steady, hopefully I will win that race some day!

Doreen, I had to get back on some type of rotation for the next month otherwise I feel the same way you do with finding a workout I like to do each day.

Diane, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Friday everyone.

Today is my rest day. Tomorrow is a total body workout, I am not sure which one to do, maybe an Yvette Bachman, I love those workouts!

Debbie, What time do you get up in the morning? When I was working away from the house, I had to be to work by 7am, so I got up at 4 am so I had enough time to workout before going to work. That was brutal but it was the only way I could fit a workout into my schedule. Good job on the workout today, I am rhythmically challenged myself when it comes to the step so the workouts you do are too difficult for me to do.

Belinda, are you back from DC? Nice workout today! How is your diet going, mine is slow and steady, hopefully I will win that race some day!

Doreen, I had to get back on some type of rotation for the next month otherwise I feel the same way you do with finding a workout I like to do each day.

Diane, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Friday everyone.

This morning I did CDorner Killer Leg Day 48 minutes, 150 calories, heart rate 102/134, Garmins says 290 reps. I still don't have the sets thing down as it finished me with 1 set and recognized deadlifts. You can add exercises. Anyway, that was fine, I am just curious just in case I want to do something different. I then did CDorner neck and back stretch, 30 minutes, heart rate 78/94, 44 calories. I have done this before and really like it. I keep waking up with some lo back discomfort. I wonder if it is because I had my husband throw out the memory foam. We had 3 inch memory foam on the bed. I just felt it was getting ugly and old. I didn't notice a problem at first though. Plus last night I fell asleep in an odd position with all of my pillows, the round one, my pillow roll and go and my my pillow all kind of under my torso. I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed and did not even have time to adjust the pillows. Woke at 5 am hurting and then adjusted my position. Guess I was tired. I stayed up late cleaned up and made a pot of chicken taco soup that is super low fat. No tortillas in it. I cut the beans down to just 1 can and added more peppers and tomatoes.

Killer Leg Day
45 seconds work each exercise done it 2 rounds then finish with round 3 at 30 seconds each adding another set of squat deadlifts
Bear Hold just holding position with knees a couple inches off the floor option to do wall sit
squat reverse lunge 15# dumbbell (Chris picks up 25# on the 2nd round)right
squat curtsy 15# dumbbell right
repeat both on the left leg
deadlifts 25# dbs
matrix kneel and hold dumbbell at chest lean back and up first round I used 12# increased to 15 on second round and then last 20# (wasn't sure about this one)
side lunge drag foot to reverse lunge alternating I used 20# she used 25# on the second round
pulsing lunge knee up alternating sides 12's round one and increased to 15# on the other two rounds
squat dead lift 25# dbs
medium band above knees step slowly side to side
medium band still on squat hold count of 3
Deadlift with band on
Break then repeat for 45 seconds each then again for 30 seconds each last round ends with squat deadlifts

Debbie, there are some of her workouts that I do not care for the music on. I have had a few that I did not even recognize most of the music, or some that the last couple of songs were good and the other I felt like I was ready to run the other way. Some I look at and I just figure by the title I would not enjoy. I am not a hip hop fan, although one workout did have a song I knew and sort of could get into. I saw one called footloose I thought I might check out. The Fun and Sweaty Step Aerobics in front of the fireplace had a couple of decent songs on it. It would be impossible to make everyone happy all of the time. I like the music better than some of the dvds I have around here. Nice workout though, even though you did not care for it. I feel like I look silly as I am so stiff when doing stuff. Maybe if I was more relaxed and looser I would not have so many issues with tightness.
For me meat has to be just right, chicken has to be good quality. I hate it when it has chewy things in it or is under or over cooked. I think a lot depends on how much salt and broth they add to it. Beef has to taste right. There is just some, even ground beef, that I can tell by the smell of it that I would be put off eating it. Fortunately I do like fish and again quality matters. Meat should not be the main part of the diet imo. It has it's place. I gathered someone asked Chris why she was not in the basement while she was doing the workout

Doreen, it is kind of nice having those premixes to go to. Sometimes it is good just to go to something familiar when we are not finding something of interest. Nice work.

Belinda, great job getting your workout in this morning.

Jolie, I used to get up at 4:30 am to work out when I did daycare. Children would start arriving at 6:30 so in order to workout and get bathe I had to do it that way. Sometimes during nap time I could throw in some abs or lower body floor work in the afternoon. I look back at my hours and all of the trips with my own children and I wonder that I was not dead tired. Enjoy your rest day and I hope you have a great total body workout tomorrow.

Another morning of not know what to do... I started a Sydney Commings Full Body AMRAP and did two sets then she was going to do abs so I stopped and did a Lindsey Bomgran Full Body Kettlebell AMRAP. Not really sure why two AMRAP this morning. Then I finished with 10 minutes on my bike.

Today was my total body workout, I did CL Vertical Loading 2 and had the BEST workout. I am tired today, I stayed up later than usual watching tennis, so I did not get enough sleep. Workout was 1 hour with the stretch, I did a little extra stretching and total calories burned was 452. I lifted a little heavier this time and it really increased my calorie burn for the workout. Heart rate was 117/166. I cannot do the lunges in this workout so I just did other leg exercises, front squats and plie squats.

Doreen, great job on the workout today. Maybe sign up for RAW again and maybe that will inspire you to workout once again. I bet you are excited for mountain bike riding weather again!

I hope you all have great workouts if you decided to do that today, and enjoy the weekend. Cold and cloudy here today, next week should be warmer and sunny, I am looking forward to warmer days ahead! Cold damp weather makes my joints hurt :(

Today I did CDorner Cardio Dance Footloose, 59 minutes, 285 calories, heart rate 132/161, 6,756 steps. I then did CDorner sculpted arms, 30 min (actual 24 I think) 87 calories, heart rate 97/134. Total time was 89 minutes, 372 calories. I did not get the steps on the sculped arms, because I forgot to look at the final step count reading. It probably was not much anyway. It poured rain all night last night. Fortunately it is sunny today. It has been cold and cloudy the last few days. Tomorrow is my rest day. I saw Kelly had put up a Kickboxing outside workout on Raw. I may do that one next week.

CDorner Sculpted arms
each move is done for 45 seconds then repeated. Warm up is all of the moves using 5# dumbbells
Biceps curl up, rotate out, W curl, down
triceps overhead extension (15's) I used 12's after trying 15's then dropped to using 10's for kickbacks for rest of rounds
upright row/front raise (8's) I used 5's
triceps push ups or option lying triceps press I did some as push ups and some as triceps press with 10's
goal post arms pump up down and in out option is lateral raise (8's) I used 5's

Doreen, nice work today on the AMRAP. I was indecisive this morning. I kind of wanted something shorter so I could get in arms and abs. I almost quit the CDorner workout, but kept going. I liked the music and did finally get the moves pretty well. Just really did not have a feeling for what I wanted to do I guess.

Jolie, great job on Vertical Loading today. I am tired, but I know it is because I took some night time cough syrup. I got 7 hours last night though. I see we have some 80 degree temps coming next week.

Hi,

yesterday I walked and SBF D33 UB 9 + UB Band. Today no workout. I am home for tonight, need to get things done when my son and my DIL are coming Monday. DH and I will pick them up at the airport almost at midnight. Not sure why they picked a flight that late.

We are having so many problems with DD condo. The power was turned on at the wrong condo, the lady on the phone wanted DD to wait until Monday, WTH? We finally got someone on the phone, she got the power turned on in less than 20 min. DD and I wanted to clean the kitchen and the rest of the condo, what a mess. The kitchen was so dirty inside the stove, I was like !@#$. We decided to hire a cleaning company to clean the condo from top to bottom/sanitize the place. We waited all day for them to show up. Once we called they thought they were suppose to clean on Monday, a third party company did the hiring and booked the wrong date.They owner promised to sent a 3 man crew out on Sunday at 5 a.m and make it right to DD. He wants her business afterwards. If all fails DH and I will drive to DC at 5 a.m tomorrow and clean it ourselves which at this point we should have, lol. The painter is taking forever to get the cabinets right. WTH? It's a nightmare.

Good night. I will try to be back tomorrow and catch up on personals

Today my husband and I went for a walk at the beach trail, 1 hour 38 minutes, 4.3 miles and burned 859 calories.

Belinda, what a nightmare for your daughter!!!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.